Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Allarion posted:

Playing songs gets you tokens which you use to play the event song. I assume it's like SIF in that you want to play at the highest difficulty you can S-rank for maximum efficiency. Also you can spend twice your stamina for double tokens, though not double the other usual rewards.
Basically, though it's not 100% "difficulty", but rather the song(s) costing the most stamina which you can S-rank. This is for an older event, but the figures should be roughly the same in terms of earning tokens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
wow, i just tried Jewel Parade on pro for the first time, and didn't check out the debut or regular first, and I only missed one note the whole song.. I am pissed, but at the same time super happy that I nearly got a S combo on my first try at a 17 star song.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Futaba Anzu posted:

it's a bessball!

my passion team is strong with cheer squad bomba and baseball giving their all!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Futaba Anzu posted:

>New SSRs: Anya and Bomber

"Oh my god, it's finally time, I will get my second SSR today!"

Roll the 10 pull, actually pull an SSR.

"OHHHHHHH-"

"-OUAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHhhhh......"

I can't believe this game managed to break me over actually getting an SSR

looking back on my posts i can't believe there was a point in time where i was disappointed in bomba

also lol at posting about getting an SSR twice in a row back then

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Skwee posted:

wow, i just tried Jewel Parade on pro for the first time, and didn't check out the debut or regular first, and I only missed one note the whole song.. I am pissed, but at the same time super happy that I nearly got a S combo on my first try at a 17 star song.

Aw heck yiss

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Is there actually any reason to spend double points to get double tokens and only 1x of everything else? seems like a waste of stamina, i could just play the song twice..

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Mainly as a measure for those pressed for time.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Skwee posted:

Is there actually any reason to spend double points to get double tokens and only 1x of everything else? seems like a waste of stamina, i could just play the song twice..

I assume it's a time saver thing.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Ah, ok. Yeah I don't want to save time

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Time saving is just another way of saying "lack of devotion."

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Skwee posted:

Ah, ok. Yeah I don't want to save time

the real whales stockpile all their event points up for the last two days of the event whereupon they open up 1x, 2x, and 4x spending so they can just grind out the song in one lump sum.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Futaba Anzu posted:

the real whales stockpile all their event points up for the last two days of the event whereupon they open up 1x, 2x, and 4x spending so they can just grind out the song in one lump sum.

gently caress those who lack devotion and faith.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

gently caress those who lack devotion and faith.

well they're also the people who have spent literal thousands on the game soooo...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Futaba Anzu posted:

well they're also the people who have spent literal thousands on the game soooo...

To quote Jesus, two hours spent playing SS is more valuable than spending a million yen in the game.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Futaba Anzu posted:

I'd rather get all the little filler rewards personally, though leveling in this game is really easy since they keep throwing trainer tickets at me. The only reason I stockpile in SIF is just to get the loveca reward from playing each of the 3x songs.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Futaba Anzu posted:

Heck, I do that in SIF, and I'm no whale.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Allarion posted:

I'd rather get all the little filler rewards personally, though leveling in this game is really easy since they keep throwing trainer tickets at me. The only reason I stockpile in SIF is just to get the loveca reward from playing each of the 3x songs.

well stockpiling and using them all in one lump is actually better in a meta sense because that means you'll be playing the one song over and over so you'll be able to burn it into your memory to full combo it easier.

this event song is really easy though so shrug lmao

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I stick with 1x songs because I like having experience.

As in experience points, not experience to get better at the song with.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

also it's useful for hiding your true rank so you can often snatch a higher rank by fooling other people (in general considering lots of people do this enough to have an actual effect on rankings)

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

To quote Jesus, two hours spent playing SS is more valuable than spending a million yen in the game.

Ah yes, my second-favorite quote from Two Corinthians

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

yes, at low levels it's just way better to do 1x. What I'm talking about is about the people who are so far up that experience points no longer matter too much for them.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Futaba Anzu posted:

yes, at low levels it's just way better to do 1x. What I'm talking about is about the people who are so far up that experience points no longer matter too much for them.

Mainly talkin' from a SIF standpoint, since experience required doubles or whatever after 100. Since leveling up restores all your stamina / energy / whatever, it lets you get more songs in.

Probably less of an issue in SS, since that game even has potions. Potions!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Mainly talkin' from a SIF standpoint, since experience required doubles or whatever after 100. Since leveling up restores all your stamina / energy / whatever, it lets you get more songs in.

Probably less of an issue in SS, since that game even has potions. Potions!

they're stamina drinks and chihiro san works very hard to get those for you

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i'm almost happy enough to buy gems to do another 10 roll, should I?

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

same but for both of the things instead of just the 1st. since I am still not very good at these games, playing as much as I can is a good way to git gud. Master level songs? maybe in a few months.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

SR Anya is the first SR I got, I'm not sure I want to put in the effort to get another.

Also half my level-ups lately don't even get me any more stamina or friend slots so I'm not really motivated to go for exp, other than extremely spaced-apart full heals.

I keep having this problem where I don't tap the screen strong enough the it doesn't register, which is really annoying.

I mostly get that on slides, but yeah, that's because I'm not pressing hard enough because I like keeping my phone where it is.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

i'm almost happy enough to buy gems to do another 10 roll, should I?

It's a slippery slope, imo

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

It's a slippery slope, imo

It's easy to quit spending once you use that app that tracks all your in-app purchases.

It really got me to stop doing IAP.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
My first SRs were Anya and Miku. I'm okay with just playing mostly-efficiently and seeing where that gets me; I'm okay with just Koume honestly.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Because I downloaded CG SS, I had to rename my folder for my Love Live games.

The folder used to be Love Live but now it's Feel the Beat.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

graybook posted:

My first SRs were Anya and Miku. I'm okay with just playing mostly-efficiently and seeing where that gets me; I'm okay with just Koume honestly.

You're a good person graybook.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm proud to call you the OP of the thread.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I finally played enough to idolize (or whatever the deresute term is) my one SSR, Airi.

->

Much better, a bit less Halloween-y, especially when reduced to card size. The charm of that wore off rather quickly. I expect she'll still say something about "trick-or-treat" before songs, though.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The stripping idol has a good gimmick, I've decided.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I'm just a fella who likes rhythm mobage and wanted to have a spot to discuss 'em with others.

Rewards for GF Note are in now, and I managed to squeak into T2 at the end, at rank 2943. Spent some Luck Stones on refills today since I was close enough to getting the dress to merit them. Getting 250 back makes up for the 'paltry' 100 I spent.

Funnily enough the event SR's VA also voices my #1 idol and #1 waifu in a different series.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

graybook posted:

I'm just a fella who likes rhythm mobage and wanted to have a spot to discuss 'em with others.

Rewards for GF Note are in now, and I managed to squeak into T2 at the end, at rank 2943. Spent some Luck Stones on refills today since I was close enough to getting the dress to merit them. Getting 250 back makes up for the 'paltry' 100 I spent.

Funnily enough the event SR's VA also voices my #1 idol and #1 waifu in a different series.

post your waifu

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I finally played enough to idolize (or whatever the deresute term is) my one SSR, Airi.

->

Much better, a bit less Halloween-y, especially when reduced to card size. The charm of that wore off rather quickly. I expect she'll still say something about "trick-or-treat" before songs, though.

L- lewd!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Apparently she's going to play a trick on me :blush:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I also rolled Koume's Halloween SR when it was released, so I had her leading my Cool unit for some time. She's a precious gal. :3:

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

post your waifu

MAI WAIFU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Apparently she's going to play a trick on me :blush:

That image of Sapphire Kawashima that Colonel keeps posting.