Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

rudatron posted:

Nope. Also, I hate to point this out genius, but you didn't explain anything early, you asserted. And contrary to what you believe, there is actual disagreement over this claim that the gospels are biographies!

Sounds like somebody needs to familiarize themselves with the textual criticism of Bart Ehrman, New York Times bestselling author and the Neil DeGrasse Tyson of bible chiropractors. He went to Princeton Theological Seminary, where they don't smell each other's farts at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Luckily, the blog post atheist man doesn't have a degree in any relevant fields so we know that he can be trusted.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Kingfish posted:

Luckily, the blog post atheist man doesn't have a degree in any relevant fields so we know that he can be trusted.

That's some gooooooood argument from authority right here.

"You HAVE to trust my people because they have degrees and trusting anyone else is forbidden!"

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

SedanChair posted:

No studying the bible wrong makes you no different than a chiropractor. Or a vaccine denier promoting natural cures, whatever. Only people who haven't been to seminary can be trusted to study it.

Yes and plenty of historians would say you're approach to studying it is not only wrong but proof that you are completley out of your depth. But that just mans of course their not a enlightened free thinker like you.

Who What Now posted:

That's some gooooooood argument from authority right here.

"You HAVE to trust my people because they have degrees and trusting anyone else is forbidden!"

Yeah when talking about a subject that requires extensive knowledge I tend to trust those with degrees over those who do not have them. Unless of course as Sedan chair says that makes them wrong because they cannot be enlightened free thinkers.

Edit, Oh lol Vridar quotes a Jesus Myther to prove that his points are correct. Yeah I'll go with someone who isn't biased but thanks Rudatron.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Feb 18, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Crowsbeak posted:

Yeah when talking about a subject that requires extensive knowledge I tend to trust those who tell me what I want to hear.

You should maybe not do that.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Who What Now posted:

You should maybe not do that.
I shouldn't trust those with History degrees over people who have no background in the field. Just like I shouldn't trust Doctors over woo meisters. I do love how you guys really are no different than vaccine deniers. But then believing or not believing in the supernatural never stopped people from having cultish (and hilarious) behavior.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
I'm not sure what I think of the seminary but I am sure emphasizing academic credentials to make arguments on a notorious gay hookup site about Jesus is suspect as hell.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Disinterested posted:

I'm not sure what I think of the seminary but I am sure emphasizing academic credentials to make arguments on a notorious gay hookup site about Jesus is suspect as hell.

Wait we're a gay hookup site? When did this happen?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was under the impression someone had made a gay hookup site called the seminary because it is a homophonic pun.

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Jesus being a historical figure seems like it's 100% about where you set the goalposts.

Was there a person who perfectly meets the events described in the gospels? Trivially no. The stories contradict each other. So at least some details will be wrong.

Was there a person who meets any of the details? Sure. Wandering preachers were a thing. And someone wrote the sayings from Q.

From there, it seems like the argument just resolves into wordplay about what "counts".

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

falcon2424 posted:

Jesus being a historical figure seems like it's 100% about where you set the goalposts.

Was there a person who perfectly meets the events described in the gospels? Trivially no. The stories contradict each other. So at least some details will be wrong.

Was there a person who meets any of the details? Sure. Wandering preachers were a thing. And someone wrote the sayings from Q.

From there, it seems like the argument just resolves into wordplay about what "counts".

Hey I am mostly fine with this. (My bias should be obvious why I am not,but this is a perfectly reasonable position). Say compared to the position where seminarians are all people we cannot trust and we cannot trust historians either, along with the Bibile being the same thing as Harry Potter.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would suggest, personally, that "a person, possibly called Jesus, may have at one point existed and may have had some of the things in the bible attributed to him, possibly correctly" is a bit different from "Jesus was a real person"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Crowsbeak posted:

I shouldn't trust those who don't tell me what I want to hear.

About sums it up.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
The actual position on the historicity of Jesus is that we have to accept that there was a person called Jesus because we generally accept the existence of historical persons relatively uncritically with comparable or less plausible evidence.

As posters above note, this has no relationship with the historicity of the accounts as a whole.

To clarify another point: the Bible is an historical document from any conceivable point of view, including as a chronicle of real events. It just needs to be read critically. It is strongly arguable that, given it makes unusually outlandish claims, that it should be read more critically than any other similar document.

But it's not like we believe everything in the gesta karoli magni.

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Crowsbeak posted:

Hey I am mostly fine with this. (My bias should be obvious why I am not,but this is a perfectly reasonable position). Say compared to the position where seminarians are all people we cannot trust and we cannot trust historians either, along with the Bibile being the same thing as Harry Potter.

I'm not sure it's opposed to the position that "seminarians are all people we cannot trust."

Ultimately, religious apologists are starting with a phrase ("Jesus was a historical figure") and trying to shift their definitions until the phrase becomes true. You add or subtract meaning from the phrase based on what the facts turn out to be.

That's exactly backwards of how reasoning normally works; where you start with the facts and then see how well various summaries fit them.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

falcon2424 posted:

I'm not sure it's opposed to the position that "seminarians are all people we cannot trust."

Ultimately, religious apologists are starting with a phrase ("Jesus was a historical figure") and trying to shift their definitions until the phrase becomes true. You add or subtract meaning from the phrase based on what the facts turn out to be.

That's exactly backwards of how reasoning normally works; where you start with the facts and then see how well various summaries fit them.

Well I look at it like this. Yes I may now be a Christian but I spent part of my life as an atheist. Even as an atheist I could not doubt he existed because when I looked at the fact, that faith healing was common at the time, not just in Judea, but all over the eastern Mediterranean. That for someone to claim they were the Messiah was to be declared a blasphemer and killed. That it wasn't unheard of for someone from time to time say they were just that in Judea and then to be killed by the authorities convinced me that it was ridiculous to deny the existence of Jesus.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Crowsbeak posted:

Well I look at it like this. Yes I may now be a Christian but I spent part of my life as an atheist. Even as an atheist I could not doubt he existed because when I looked at the fact, that faith healing was common at the time, not just in Judea, but all over the eastern Mediterranean. That for someone to claim they were the Messiah was to be declared a blasphemer and killed. That it wasn't unheard of for someone from time to time say they were just that in Judea and then to be killed by the authorities convinced me that it was ridiculous to deny the existence of Jesus.

To get back ot the point of the thread, it sounds like you were not actually an atheist. I mean really, stories of faith healing are what made you believe? You always believed.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

SedanChair posted:

To get back ot the point of the thread, it sounds like you were not actually an atheist. I mean really, stories of faith healing are what made you believe? You always believed.

Remember everyone if you do not doubt that there was a guy called Jesus who was a self proclaimed messiah and faith healer you are of course not a real atheist. So says the elite free thinker of the most golden fedora.

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Crowsbeak posted:

Why are you using a singular 'he' here? There'd have been a bunch of people who (1) were around Judea, (2) associated with Messianic prophesy and (3) got killed.

That's an argument for plural historical Jesuses; there'd have been a collective of people who contributed one-or-more facets to the current story.

Modern redaction criticism pretty much gets you there. We can split the synoptic gospels out into their component sources. And then we've got multiple authors who are either contributing their own sayings to the work (and become historical Jesuses themselves) or were quoting a previous person (who would be one of the Jesuses).

The motivated reasoning bit comes in when people want to keep their phrase "Historical Jesus." So, they move the standard for "Being Historical Jesus" around so that one, and exactly one person fits the newly gerrymandered meaning.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

falcon2424 posted:

Why are you using a singular 'he' here? There'd have been a bunch of people who (1) were around Judea, (2) associated with Messianic prophesy and (3) got killed.

That's an argument for plural historical Jesuses; there'd have been a collective of people who contributed one-or-more facets to the current story.

Modern redaction criticism pretty much gets you there. We can split the synoptic gospels out into their component sources. And then we've got multiple authors who are either contributing their own sayings to the work (and become historical Jesuses themselves) or were quoting a previous person (who would be one of the Jesuses).

The motivated reasoning bit comes in when people want to keep their phrase "Historical Jesus." So, they move the standard for "Being Historical Jesus" around so that one, and exactly one person fits the newly gerrymandered meaning.

Yeah the idea its different people seems rather ridiculous. Especially since Jesus wasn't the only Messiah with religious followers who continued to fallow him after his death. like John.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Hey guys - just wanted to clear some stuff up in here because you're all scrabbling for purchase on shaky foundations to begin with. Here are some statements:

» The bible is a cultural and historical touchstone for western civilization and should be treated and analyzed like any other culture's collected myths. The Judeo-Christian-Muslim faith is not emblematic of all religions, however, so just because you reject one ancient set of books, it doesn't somehow disprove the (e: potential) existence of god(s).

» Jesus is a real historical figure for man (whether you like it or not), and was as divinely human as you or me. The accounts of his life and his death have sparked great social changes throughout history that reach still to this day, so it's a moot point to argue about his existence.

When I discarded the fantasies of my youth, atheism was my choice to make- but now that I've seen the universe for what it is I find I can no longer make that same choice again, at least not in this lifetime.

Dinosaurmageddon fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Feb 18, 2016

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

I haven't just been going 'no you', I've given an argument. Owlfancier seems to understand it to to some extend and hasn't refuted it but merely called it impractical. You guys haven't even engaged it at all. But have some of Russell's aruments since some of you love cosmic teapots so much.
[quote=INTRODUCTION:

MATERIALISM, PAST AND PRESENT ]
Lange advances, quite justly, as an argument against materialism, the fact that we only know about matter through its appearances to us, which, according to materialism itself, are profoundly affected by our own physical organisation. What we see depends not only upon what is there to be seen, but also upon the eye, the optic nerve, and the brain. But the eye, the optic nerve, and the brain are only known through being seen by the physiologist. In this way materialism is driven back to sensationalism. If it is to escape sensationalism, it must abandon the empirical scientific method, substituting for it the dogmatism of an a priori metaphysic, which professes to know what is behind appearances. Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma. As a rule, the materialistic dogma has not been set up by men who loved dogma, but by men who felt that nothing less definite would enable them to fight the dogmas they disliked. They were in the position of men who raise armies to enforce peace. Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism. At the present day, the chief protagonists of materialism are certain men of science in America and certain politicians in Russia, because it is in those two countries that traditional theology is still powerful.

The two dogmas that constitute the essence of materialism are: First, the sole reality of matter; secondly, the "reign of law." The belief that matter alone is real will not survive the sceptical arguments derived from the physiological mechanism of sensation. But it has received recently another blow, from the quarter whence it was least to be expected, namely, from physics. The theory of relativity, by merging time into space-time, has damaged the traditional notion of substance more than all the arguments of philosophers. Matter, for common-sense, is something which persists in time and moves in space. But for modern relativity-physics this view is no longer tenable. A piece of matter has become, not a persistent thing with varying states, but a system of inter-related events. The old solidity is gone, and with it the characteristics that, to the materialist, made matter seem more real than fleeting thoughts. Nothing is permanent, nothing endures; the prejudice that the real is the persistent must be abandoned.

The notion of substance has not been regarded by philosophers as metaphysically valid since the time of Hume and Kant, but it persisted in the practice of physics. Its defeat, within physics, by the abandonment of a single cosmic time affords a purely scientific argument against the older type of materialism, which utilised the belief that substance is what persists through time.
[/quote]

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

» The bible is a cultural and historical touchstone for western civilization and should be treated and analyzed like any other culture's collected myths. The Judeo-Christian-Muslim faith is not emblematic of all religions, however, so just because you reject one ancient set of books, it doesn't somehow disprove the existence of god(s).

This is correct, but only because you can never prove that something doesn't exist without having total knowledge of the universe. Do we really have to seriously consider all possible claims about gods and the supernatural when there is no supporting evidence besides a book?

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

» Jesus is a real historical figure for mankind (whether you like it or not), and was as divinely human as you or me. The accounts of his life and his death have sparked great social changes throughout history that reach still to this day, so it's a moot point to argue about his existence.

Not sure what "divinely human" means, but I agree that the actual existence of Jesus is pretty irrelevant when you're talking about questions like "does god exist?" or examining the role of the religion in society. However, I think his existence, or lack thereof, is pretty important for Christians. Their whole religion relies on him actually existing and there not being a dead Jesus body buried somewhere. Not that that couldn't be rationalized away by some, but the truth about his existence is relevant to the most fundamental claims of Christianity.

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

» Plus, the second coming of Jesus already occurred anyway in the last century. Love was - and still is - the main takeaway from the human experience, and music has become the medium of the rapture.

I want to hear more about this please. Otherwise, I'm going to assume that this is the point in your post where the drugs really kicked in.

edit: oh, you edited it out

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

well, there is a choice between radical empiricism and impotently attempting to delineate objectivity vs. subjectivity, but one of those choices supports both atheism or theism, while one of those choices supports neither.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

The Belgian posted:

I haven't just been going 'no you', I've given an argument. Owlfancier seems to understand it to to some extend and hasn't refuted it but merely called it impractical. You guys haven't even engaged it at all. But have some of Russell's aruments since some of you love cosmic teapots so much.

Let's get to the point of this foray into philosophy and show us where you stick god or souls or whatever it is you want to believe in into this stuff.

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

Jizz Festival posted:

Let's get to the point of this foray into philosophy and show us where you stick god or souls or whatever it is you want to believe in into this stuff.

I've never made any clais on god or souls, I only objected to a wrong view on the brain and the self.

I don't know if I believe in god.

The discussion from one group has been poisoned by materialism. We must first achieve a aufhebung of this materialism before we can engage in a real discourse. Else, the materialists remain blinded by their biases to the real discourse.

The Belgian fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Feb 18, 2016

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

The Belgian posted:

I've never made any clais on god or souls, I only objected to a wrong view on the brain and the self.

I don't know if I believe in god.

The discussion from one group has been poisoned by materialism. We must first achieve a aufhebung of this materialism before we can engage in a real discourse. Else, the materialists remain blinded by their biases to the real discourse.

Lol ok I have no idea why nobody would want to engage with you and your ideas, what a mystery.

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

Jizz Festival posted:

Lol ok I have no idea why nobody would want to engage with you and your ideas, what a mystery.

Did you read the Russell piece I quoted? Him, at least, you should find understandable? What are your views on the piece?

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

The Belgian posted:

Did you read the Russell piece I quoted? Him, at least, you should find understandable? What are your views on the piece?

My view is that I don't care until you can tie all the abstract notions you've been floating around to something concrete so I know what you're really arguing for.

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

Jizz Festival posted:

My view is that I don't care until you can tie all the abstract notions you've been floating around to something concrete so I know what you're really arguing for.
I have been utterly clear what I'm arguing for: mind is prior to brain, so the position that was presentend here:

Who What Now posted:

What we call the "self" is the continuous process of your brain interpreting external stimuli and reacting via chemicals mixing among electrical impulses. If I cut out your frontal lobe, the processes that use that area of the brain will cease or be severely impeded. If I introduce different chemicals to the brain it will behave differently. This is why brain surgery and antidepressants work.

is nonsense and must be rejected. I have not claimed that this is in any way central to questions on things like god, but people have insisted that I give a more thorough explanation of my objection, which I have.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
It's nonsense that physically changing the brain alters the working of your mind?

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

Jizz Festival posted:

It's nonsense that physically changing the brain alters the working of your mind?

I never said that.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Then what, exactly, is your problem with that Who What Now quote? This is like pulling teeth here.

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

Who What Now posted:

What we call the "self" is the continuous process of your brain interpreting external stimuli and reacting via chemicals mixing among electrical impulses.
It's this statement. It messes up the order of things and falls into a naïve and icorrect materialism.

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008
The Russell piece I quoted explains why this is A Big Deal, so please read it.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

The Belgian posted:

It's this statement. It messes up the order of things and falls into a naïve and icorrect materialism.

So what's the correct order? The self causes brain activity? I mean christ you are not explaining yourself very well at all here, like seriously put some effort into being clear what you mean.

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008
To quote Husserl,

quote:

In the naïve attitude of world-life, everything is precisely worldly: that is, there is nothing but the constituted object-poles - though they are not understood as that. Psychology, like every objective science, is bound to the realm of what is prescientifically pre-given, i.e., bound to what can be named, asserted, described in common language - in this case, bound to the psychic, as it can be expressed in the language of our linguistic community (construed most broadly, the European community). For the life-world - the "world for us all" - is identical with the world that can be commonly talked about. Every new apperception leads essentially, through apperceptive transference, to a new typification of the surrounding world and in social intercourse to a naming which immediately flows into the common language. Thus the world is always such that it can be empirically, generally (intersubjectively) explicated and, at the same time, linguistically explicated.

But with the break with naïveté brought about by the transcendental-phenomenological reorientation there occurs a significant transformation, significant for psychology itself. As a phenomenologist I can, of course, at any time go back into the natural attitude, back to the straightforward pursuit of my theoretical or other life-interests; I can, as before, be active as a father, a citizen, an official, as a "good European," etc., that is, as a human being in my human community, in my world. As before - and yet not quite as before. For I can never again achieve the old naïveté; I can only understand it. My transcendental insights and purposes have become merely inactive, but they continue to be my own. More than this: my earlier naïve self-objectification as the empirical human ego of my psychic life has become involved in a new movement. All the new sorts of apperceptions which are exclusively tied to the phenomenological reduction, together with the new sort of language (new even if I use ordinary language, as is unavoidable, though its meanings are also unavoidably transformed) - all this, which before was completely hidden and inexpressible, now flows into the self-objectification, into my psychic life, and becomes apperceived as its newly revealed intentional background of constitutive accomplishments. I know through my phenomenological studies that I, the previously naïve ego, was none other than the transcendental ego in the mode of naïve hiddenness; I know that to me, as the ego again straightforwardly perceived as a human being, there belongs inseparably a reverse side which constitutes and thus really first produces my full concreteness; I know of this whole dimension of transcendental functions, interwoven with one another throughout and extending into the infinite. As was the case previously with the psychic, everything that has newly flowed in is now concretely localised in the world through the living body, which is essentially always constituted along with it. I - the-man, together with the transcendental dimension now ascribed to me, am somewhere in space at some time in the world's time. Thus every new transcendental discovery, by going back into the natural attitude, enriches my psychic life and (apperceptively as a matter of course ) that of every other.

quote:

There our gaze was guided at first by bodies, in their manners of pre-givenness in the life-world, whereas, in the analyses required here, we would have to take our point of departure from the manners in which souls are pre-given in the life-world. An original reflective question is now directed toward what and how souls - first of all human souls - are in the world, the life-world, i.e., how they "animate" physical living bodies, how they are localised in space-time, how each one 'lives" psychically in having "consciousness" of the world in which it lives and is conscious of living; how each one experiences "its" physical body, not merely in general, as a particular physical body, but in a quite peculiar way as "living body," as a system of its "organs" which it moves as an ego (in holding sway over them); how it thus "takes a hand" in its consciously given surrounding world as "I strike," 'I push," "I lift" this and that, etc. The soul "is", of course, "in" the world. But does this mean that it is in the world in the way that the physical body is and that, when men with living bodies and souls are experienced in the world as real, their reality, as well as that of their living bodies and souls, could have the same or even a similar sense to that of the mere physical bodies? Even though the human living body is counted among the physical bodies, it is still "living" - "my physical body," which I "move," in and through which I "hold sway," which I "animate." If one fails to consider these matters - which soon become quite extensive - thoroughly, and actually without prejudice, one has not grasped at all what is of a soul's own essence as such (the word "soul" being understood here not at all metaphysically but rather in the sense of the original givenness of the psychic in the life-world); and thus one has also failed to grasp the genuine ultimate substrate for a science of "souls." Rather than beginning with the latter, psychology began with a concept of soul which was not at all formulated in an original way but which stemmed from Cartesian dualism, a concept furnished by a prior constructive idea of a corporeal nature and of a mathematical natural science. Thus psychology was burdened in advance with the task of being a science parallel to physics and with the conception that the soul - its subject matter - was something real in a sense similar to corporeal nature, the subject matter of natural science. As long as the absurdity of this century-old prejudice is not revealed, there can be no psychology which is the science of the truly psychic, i.e., of what has its meaning originally from the life-world; for it is to such a meaning that psychology, like any objective science, is inevitably bound. It is no wonder, then, that psychology was denied that constant, advancing development displayed by its admired model, natural science, and that no inventive spirit and no methodical art could prevent its repeated involvement in crisis. Thus we have just witnessed a crisis in the psychology which only a few years ago, as an international institute - psychology, was filled with the inspiring certainty that it could finally be placed on a level with natural science. Not that its work has been completely fruitless. Through scientific objectivity many remarkable facts relating to the life of the human soul have been discovered. But did this make it seriously a psychology, a science in which one learned something about the mind's own essence? (I emphasise once again that this refers not to a mystical "metaphysical" essence but to one's own being-in-oneself and for-oneself which, after all, is accessible to the inquiring, reflecting ego through so-called "inner" or "self-perception.")

EDIT: If at first my explanation was unclear because it was too brief, don't complain that it's now too long.

The Belgian fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Feb 18, 2016

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Amazing how you can't explain anything yourself, almost as if you have no actual understanding of what you're arguing for.

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

Jizz Festival posted:

Amazing how you can't explain anything yourself, almost as if you have no actual understanding of what you're arguing for.

Well I don't have the time right now to write such an extensive text myself, but Husserl did it much better than I ever could. So, why wouldn't you rather read what he has to say that my butchered attempt at the same thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

The Belgian posted:

Well I don't have the time right now to write such an extensive text myself, but Husserl did it much better than I ever could. So, why wouldn't you rather read what he has to say that my butchered attempt at the same thing?

I've asked a specific question, specifically "So what's the correct order? The self causes brain activity?" and rather than just answering the question you gave me a long boring quote that doesn't answer that question.

• Locked thread