Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

MikeJF posted:

I wonder what it'd look like if two spectrals entered their spirit worlds at the same time. Moving at normal speed to each other, but navigating different worlds.

I'd imagine each person would experience their own spirit's world, but not the other's. Both people would probably look as though they were moving normal speed to the other, despite everything else moving super slow. When a person gets pulled into their spirit's world, they're basically getting pulled into their own head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Slime posted:

I could also see that kind of thing working as a point and click adventure, with there being a normal world and a spirit world, possibly one for each character you control and you use the differences between their spirit worlds to solve puzzles and get around.
Ghost Trick was pretty much along those lines.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Paul.Power posted:

Ghost Trick was pretty much along those lines.

If only it had been a good game.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You son of a bitch

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

what the actual gently caress

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is an insane thing to post

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Slime posted:

I could also see that kind of thing working as a point and click adventure, with there being a normal world and a spirit world, possibly one for each character you control and you use the differences between their spirit worlds to solve puzzles and get around.

Wasn't that Dark Seed 2?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Calaveron posted:

You son of a bitch

theshim posted:

what the actual gently caress

Regy Rusty posted:

This is an insane thing to post

Oh cool it's the same thing repeated three times with slight differences. Just like every loving instruction/dialogue in the game.

The story was kinda fun but holy poo poo everything in between the gameplay was atrocious.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh cool it's the same thing repeated three times with slight differences. Just like every loving instruction/dialogue in the game.

The story was kinda fun but holy poo poo everything in between the gameplay was atrocious.
Odd post.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sorry but I'm gonna have to beat you up now

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Instead of speaking by half implications, how about you actually discuss what you liked or didn't like about this game
just a thought

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
You are literally the very first person I've ever seen who didn't love everything about Ghost Trick

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

what's ghostrick

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

theshim posted:

Odd post.

I agree.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

oddium posted:

what's ghostrick

Super good puzzle game, originally for the DS but now available for ios, with beautifully animated sprite graphics, incredible music, and a relatively large but outstandingly written and developed cast of characters.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

why doesn't that guy like it

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

He's a ghostphobe.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It's true. I hate all ghosts.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

frankly i love ghosts, and skeletons

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

oddium posted:

Ghost Trick has at least one half of those two things

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

oddium posted:

have you tried undertale, it has both
it also has robots and goats

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

paradoxGentleman posted:

You had to do it, didn't you

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

paradoxGentleman posted:

buddy i have a Mettaton Live from Hotland poster

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Raserys posted:

You are literally the very first person I've ever seen who didn't love everything about Ghost Trick

i wasn't that fond of the ending.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I haven't played ghost game but this seems like a pretty good own. Could've just left the derail here imho.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Cubone posted:

I haven't played ghost game but this seems like a pretty good own. Could've just left the derail here imho.

If you had played the game you'd realize that that own was as nonsensical as his opinion

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

flatluigi posted:

If you had played the game you'd realize that that own was as nonsensical as his opinion
I am not of the mind that it matters if somebody agrees or disagrees with an opinion I would hypothetically have about a video game I haven't played, in the context of the Paranatural discussion thread.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

http://lparchive.org/Ghost-Trick-Phantom-Detective/

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Cubone posted:

I am not of the mind that it matters if somebody agrees or disagrees with an opinion I would hypothetically have about a video game I haven't played, in the context of the Paranatural discussion thread.

Okay. But, other people did play the game and do have opinions about it. It seems reasonable for those people, who are not you, to discuss the subject after it was brought up; if you don't enjoy the conversation, the simplest response is to wait until the next comic is posted, by which point people would have moved on. (If not sooner.)

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Speaking of new pages, Isabel's little moment in her locker makes me sad.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
i was like what do you mean.. oh..

:smith:

So how long til the Issac heel turn?

Also hah nice callback with that rumor Zack. :v:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Which rumor?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Which rumor?

'I hear the lockers in this hallway open on their own if you kick 'em right!' -Suzy

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's true, Jesus dislikes hall running, even if Isabel forgot about Him.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm excited to see what the Umbrella does, and also glad to see Isaac not immediately get shat on by the rest of the cast and have actual dialogue where he isn't the heel.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Blackheart posted:

It's true, Jesus dislikes hall running, even if Isabel forgot about Him.

I'm disappointed there wasn't a repetition of the crying eagle spirit gag with Jesus.

Countblanc posted:

I'm excited to see what the Umbrella does, and also glad to see Isaac not immediately get shat on by the rest of the cast and have actual dialogue where he isn't the heel.

I also agree with both these feelings.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I'm anti-jim rights. Put 'em all in camps.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Every line of Isaac and Ed's conversation delights me. :allears:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is a really good update, it has it all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there's no way eightfold's gone for good imo though, it's hinted she knows Too Much and that sort of thing isn't going to be left to hang forever