Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
For people who have such a low opinion of Sweden, the Ligurs of the world sure seem obsessed by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Rexroom posted:

Is Ligur even in the right thread? All he ever seems to talk is Sweden.

We're repeating what our neighbours did, is all. That is a problem. Ei tarttis ottaa mallia, kun kaikki meni vituix. At least for me I see it as a problem, I know a ton of people still (people like you) who want "ethnic" and and lawless burbs populated by "swarthy" or "brown" people or whatever is the word you love to use, because it's cool and multicultural and they don't actually exist even if they do. Or I might be wrong and you could correct me.

Also remember, you don't actually read my posts, so you can't know what I'm talking about.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

OhYeah posted:

Cultural relativism is the (part of the) foundation of the modern "progressive" left movement.

Don't you mean cultural marxism :confused:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
More trouble with Winterfell

At this point, can't we just bury money in the mine tunnels, collapse them and let the locals dig it up?

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Cerebral Bore posted:

The only small comfort we can take from all this is that while our government might consist of complete fuckers, they're at least so goddamn incompetent that their efforts end up as jack poo poo.

See, the problem here is that the only thing backing up your words is your own opinion, and that's the opinion of a man who looked at MV-lehti and thought "seems legit".

Ligur, please tell me more of the swarthy hellchildren in Sweden and their rabid mastication of innocent train passengers. That one was pretty good.

you just proved ligur's point though

Nenonen posted:

More trouble with Winterfell

At this point, can't we just bury money in the mine tunnels, collapse them and let the locals dig it up?

there are no tunnels at talvivaara

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
http://www.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/2016021721135041_uu.shtml
Me* rikastutaan tällä.

*Ei koska kansalaisia.

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state

Cerebral Bore posted:

See, the problem here is that the only thing backing up your words is your own opinion, and that's the opinion of a man who looked at MV-lehti and thought "seems legit".

Backing up my words about what exactly? About Sweden cocking it up with their insane immigration policies? The issues have been reported and discussed in a wide range of publications, from broadsheet to tabloid, so to speak, around the world.

You don't need to look further than Sweden to understand that you have lost all sense of reality and reason. I saw a debate between Swedish and Danish politicians regarding immigration policies where a Swedish politican basically claimed that Sweden has no limits how many immigrants/refugees they can take and a few months later you say "oops, gonna close borders now because we have no place to house anyone and we have seem to run out of money as well".

I somewhat understand the need to seem open and caring ("a moral superpower"), but if that comes at such an expense that you cannot even plan your resources two months in advance, is it really worth it?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I don't know why you try to say Finland is trying to emulate Sweden on immigration, since we have one of the tightest immigration laws on par with Denmark. And we really weren't any open-hearted in the 90s either. Back then, one of the fear mongering scenarios was that Russians would try to come across the border in the aftermath of the collapse of the USSR. Then presidential candidate Martti Ahtisaari was all for shooting them. Although he won the presidential race back then, it was more because he wasn't Paavo Väyrynen than any ideological reason. But anyway...

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Rexroom posted:

Is Ligur even in the right thread? All he ever seems to talk is Sweden.

hän är pök?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

PineappleGod posted:

I don't know if this government will actually make one decision that isn't recalled later. The compromise on SOTE is now out the window and we are back to square one.
See HS: http://www.hs.fi/politiikka/a1455685501382

I don't know whether to laugh or cry... this is getting ridiculous.

If there's one thing this government has made it's signature call is to reverse decisions.

Anyway, suck KOK in hellsinki Sipilä!

konna
Aug 1, 2005

Mun mummo asuu ~50 metrin päässä kaupin sairaalan sisäänkäynnistä. She's thrilled.

Someone with a dark sense of humor / cynic would also notice that Kauppi outdoor area is probs the best puskaraiskaus environment imaginable.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

You know that the hospital was getting shut down anyway because the building is old and unfit for hospital use anymore?

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Rexroom posted:

I don't know why you try to say Finland is trying to emulate Sweden on immigration, since we have one of the tightest immigration laws on par with Denmark.

Ahahah, what? Based on what, again? Last time heard, Denmark grants 13% of Iraqis asylum, Sweden IIRC 58% and Finland 80%+. Everyone else has tightened or already had tight family reunification policies, Finland has not changed them and has the laxest. Look, that Finland has "tight" immigration laws (as pertaining to asylum seekers) is a myth. Asylum seekers en masse just didn't figure out they should come here before last year, is all.

quote:

Käsitellyistä hakemuksista irakilaisten hyväksymisaste viiden vuoden ajalta on 81%, afgaanien 72% ja somalien 88%. Yhteinen keskiarvo 80%.

This blows even Sweden out of the water.

You are, of course, welcome to explain yourself but I'm not holding my breath.

Ligur fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Feb 18, 2016

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Kemper Boyd posted:

You know that the hospital was getting shut down anyway because the building is old and unfit for hospital use anymore?

Oh yeah, this is true. Except it was originally planned to be ajettu alas hitaasti and finally closed 2020. But hey, why bother doing that when you can just ditch all mummot into oja and take in some war orphans.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I wonder if haritsoppa Thursdays is a thing we could export somehow? Like a chain of restaurants in lovely hipster US neighbourhoods, only open on Thursdays, only serving haritsoppa, lätyi, milk/buttermilk, and stale hole bread, with all-pök waitstaff, Arabia saucers, and scratched Hackmann Savonia utensils. Maybe once a year they could have a special event serving one-kilogram portions of macaroni box and a jug of Ilona.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Using that 80%, that you didn't give a source for, is misleading. The current crisis only began last year and that figure is for the last five years.

http://www.kaleva.fi/uutiset/kotima...lteinen/716351/

In this article, from last December, the number currently getting myönteinen päätös is said to be around 25%.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I legit love all that and I want it for dinner. hole bread is best bread.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

His Divine Shadow posted:

I legit love all that and I want it for dinner. hole bread is best bread.

Who doesn't? Hole bread is the thing that could unite this country but for the insidious syrup-pushing white-bread pågensic-fascistic Big Bakery industrial complex :finland:

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

doverhog posted:

Using that 80%, that you didn't give a source for, is misleading. The current crisis only began last year and that figure is for the last five years.

http://www.kaleva.fi/uutiset/kotima...lteinen/716351/

In this article, from last December, the number currently getting myönteinen päätös is said to be around 25%.

Horseshit, if you want to talk about misleading statistics, including people who withdrew their application to the comparison of myönteinen/kielteinen päätös is at the top.

http://www.migri.fi/download/65768_Tp-paatokset_tammi_2016.pdf Here's actual data.

310 accepted applications, 128 denied applications total. That's 70% of actually processed applications getting accepted.

For Iraqis, 140 accepted applications compared to 36 denied, meaning that they have 79.545454545...% acceptance rate. I can see why you would claim that 80% is misleading, we want accurate data of course.

Also turns out that despite virastot "rechecking" the Somalia situation, they get 100% acceptance anyway.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
If everyone who knew they were going to get a kielteinen päätös withdrew their application before it was finished processing the acceptance rate would be at 100% and still only around 25% of those who applied would be staying. Which figure is misleading again?

doverhog fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Feb 18, 2016

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Puistokemisti posted:

Also turns out that despite virastot "rechecking" the Somalia situation, they get 100% acceptance anyway.

Of course they get 100% acceptance, Somalia is always in a perpetual state of instability. If it ever gets better at any point, you can be sure our like-minded western partners will intervene to gently caress it up again.

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

Ligur posted:

Nyt tienataan taas niin, jotta napa ruskaa ja paskalle ei taivu.
En varsinaisesti halua keskustella turvapaikanhakijoista internetissä, mutta aiheen vierestä:

Olen täysin kyllästynyt DISRUPTIIVISIA MOBIILIAPPSEJA muffinssien ja coffeessien voimin valmistaviin KETTERIIN STARTUPPEIHIN. Tosi kiva nähdä että tällekin hevonpaskalle löytyy vielä uusia soveltamisaloja.

Voin suorittaa jonkin sopivan haasteen, jos tämä "tinder, mutta uber-kuskeille jotka ovat ängri böördsejä" sovellus osoittautuukin menestykseksi. Jerrylle tiedoksi etukäteen, että "syö paskaa" ei sitten ole sopiva haaste, sitä en tee.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

vuohi posted:

En varsinaisesti halua keskustella turvapaikanhakijoista internetissä, mutta aiheen vierestä:

Olen täysin kyllästynyt DISRUPTIIVISIA MOBIILIAPPSEJA muffinssien ja coffeessien voimin valmistaviin KETTERIIN STARTUPPEIHIN. Tosi kiva nähdä että tällekin hevonpaskalle löytyy vielä uusia soveltamisaloja.

Voin suorittaa jonkin sopivan haasteen, jos tämä "tinder, mutta uber-kuskeille jotka ovat ängri böördsejä" sovellus osoittautuukin menestykseksi. Jerrylle tiedoksi etukäteen, että "syö paskaa" ei sitten ole sopiva haaste, sitä en tee.

Vote Kepu.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Important mustard musings: If Auran sinappia is the same as turun sinappia, same recipe, even made in the old factory in Turku. How come they taste different? Or am I imagening things? Maybe I need to buy the red one, I usually prefer green Turun but maybe I need to try the red Auran.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Important mustard musings: If Auran sinappia is the same as turun sinappia, same recipe, even made in the old factory in Turku. How come they taste different?

Why would a Polish or whatever mustard called Turun sinappi taste the same as Auran sinappi?

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

vuohi posted:

same

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

Deal.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Jerry Cotton posted:

Why would a Polish or whatever mustard called Turun sinappi taste the same as Auran sinappi?

Been eating this since the 80's, its always tasted the same to me even since the time it was made in Finland.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Been eating this since the 80's, its always tasted the same to me even since the time it was made in Finland.

Have you ever heard of sensory adaptation?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I have no idea if that applies here but it's a nice phrase.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Yes I've considered that so I am not certain.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Important mustard musings: If Auran sinappia is the same as turun sinappia, same recipe, even made in the old factory in Turku. How come they taste different? Or am I imagening things? Maybe I need to buy the red one, I usually prefer green Turun but maybe I need to try the red Auran.

You're not a proper Finn if you don't eat the black Turun/Auran sinappi, green is for hurris and other coastal dwellers

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

What if you are both of those?

I don't actually dislike any of them, just green has that special something tastewise.

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state
https://www.reinisfischer.com/average-salary-european-union-2015

Suomipojat seems to be doing all right!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
ruotsalaiset sulki taas yhden oman langan :mmmhmm:

on ne sitten riitaisaa porukkaa

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Keskustelukulttuuri ei näemmä kestä keskustelua, ehkä niiden pitäisi omaksua hieman tapoja Suomesta

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
ja he ihmettelevät miksi maailma nauraa heidän lapselliselle kansalle

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The day people stopped using possessive suffixes in writing is the day Finland died.

Yeah RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
kerronko minne voit tunkea possessiivisuksiksennenesi