Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

I'm a fan of radiation/viral. Ancient Healers are super annoying since they give a big damage reduction, status, and knockdown immunity buff to nearby enemies as well as heal off damage buffed enemies take. According to the wiki if you hit any enemy that's in an ancient/corrupted healer's aura with a proc the enemy is unaffected but it transfers to the healer. Proc radiation on any of the buffed enemies and it will transfer to the ancient and that disables the aura.

In general if you are running content easy enough to not worry about copro then its easy enough that damage type isn't a huge deal anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

spurdo av master race so what
I think I'm hooked. Applied for the PC clan IGN: TetataeIRL

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Flagellum posted:

I think I'm hooked. Applied for the PC clan IGN: TetataeIRL
You will be maining Ember and Zephyr, I assume.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I was running low on ducks, but new primes means you will get plenty of duck food.

PROTIP: Nyx Prime Systems BP is 10 Ducats, but if you build it it's 50.

Soreign
Dec 31, 2015
Is Saryn prime in the void yet? A reason to play again if so :rms:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Soreign posted:

Is Saryn prime in the void yet? A reason to play again if so :rms:
Yes.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Maxwell Adams posted:

I need to try out a Volt+Valkyr team up just so I can get my attack rate up to a billion punches per second.

I have done this with sparring melee weapons (and other weapons, but anyways), and I can attest that it is exactly as awesome as you think it is, but forget about actually performing any combos outside of holding RMB if that's something you do a lot, you won't be able to click/button mash fast enough to keep up.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Selling new prime parts when they're fresh in the void really is the best way to make frankly embarrassing amounts of platinum for the effort involved. As a certified scrub who's unwilling to buy plat, I highly recommend it. It's like printing money transmuted from the tears and impatience of pubbies.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Rorac posted:

I have done this with sparring melee weapons (and other weapons, but anyways), and I can attest that it is exactly as awesome as you think it is, but forget about actually performing any combos outside of holding RMB if that's something you do a lot, you won't be able to click/button mash fast enough to keep up.

That's why you need to switch to the secret best stance mod, Grim Fury. DE did a good job of hiding it, it doesn't match the polarity of any weapon you can put it on. Put that on, then just hold backwards when you need to take out a stubborn target. Even if you don't kill them, you can stunlock the crap out of them with constant finisher animations.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Sandweed posted:

I was running low on ducks, but new primes means you will get plenty of duck food.

PROTIP: Nyx Prime Systems BP is 10 Ducats, but if you build it it's 50.

Is this usually true? Should I have been cooking all my duck food?

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Skyscraper posted:

Is this usually true? Should I have been cooking all my duck food?

No, it's only worth it for Nyx Prime Systems.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

wid posted:

No, it's only worth it for Nyx Prime Systems.

Oh, interesting, thanks.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
It's almost certainly an oversight, but one that survived the patch that fixed every other discrepancy between built and unbuilt prime frame parts.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Dude, Eris is pretty fuckin fun. Why are there not constant squads rolling this place?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

How are pure elemental weapons? I finally got my hands on a Forma and I'm torn between making an Ignis, or using it for Twin Grakatas. I see a lot of players with flamethrowers and acid cannons just dumping on everything.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Raptor1033 posted:

Dude, Eris is pretty fuckin fun. Why are there not constant squads rolling this place?

They're all in Akkad.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

sitchelin posted:

How are pure elemental weapons? I finally got my hands on a Forma and I'm torn between making an Ignis, or using it for Twin Grakatas. I see a lot of players with flamethrowers and acid cannons just dumping on everything.

Depends on the weapon, but both of those are solid. Ignis is great for clearing trash, since it has a large aoe cone, decent damage, and innate punchthrough. You can mod the aoe to be larger, or for enemies to explode and do damage on dying. Basically, anything mid-level and lower evaporates to it--though it does take a few forma and a potato to really shine.

Twin Grakatas are ammo-chewing crit cannons. They scale better than ignis for higher level stuff and are great fun. They also come with a polarity, which is nice if you don't have a lot of forma. You can't go wrong with either.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Uranium Phoenix posted:

Depends on the weapon, but both of those are solid. Ignis is great for clearing trash, since it has a large aoe cone, decent damage, and innate punchthrough. You can mod the aoe to be larger, or for enemies to explode and do damage on dying. Basically, anything mid-level and lower evaporates to it--though it does take a few forma and a potato to really shine.

Twin Grakatas are ammo-chewing crit cannons. They scale better than ignis for higher level stuff and are great fun. They also come with a polarity, which is nice if you don't have a lot of forma. You can't go wrong with either.

also, pressurized mag on top of fire rate mods is just hilarious with twin grakatas

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
"I didn't want any of that ammo anyway."

b00n
May 8, 2007
When they introduce a new frame, I want that frame to have powers related to ammo management. His/Her ultimate would be infinite ammo and no reload for a specific amount of time, governed by either energy (like Ember/Mesa/Excalibur/etc.) or a time limit. Imagine using max firerate twin grakata then.

Too bad that will probably never happen. :saddowns:

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
They need to finally get around to normalizing ammo pickups to expected consumption rather than giving lex and twin vipers the same amount of shots per drop.

Every now and then they give certain weapons a larger ammo pool, as if they recognize that there's a problem, but they've never seemed to realize that the core of the issue is ammo replenishment. Either that or they know and they're afraid of making those expensive prime ammo mutations redundant.

Or, even better, just make ammo pools infinite. The game is clearly not balanced around any concept of ammo scarcity, it's just a mechanic that exists because it's naturalistic.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

ahahaha they made prime ammo mutations??? :ughh:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Male Man posted:

Or, even better, just make ammo pools infinite. The game is clearly not balanced around any concept of ammo scarcity, it's just a mechanic that exists because it's naturalistic.

seriously, this. mag size / reload time is fine for a game like this

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
What level do you have to be to reliably take down a Juggernaut in a decent amount of time? They keep spawning in my solo Eris missions and I have to run like a coward.

Amdis
Jan 9, 2007

Why is Chroma such a pain in the rear end to build? I just unlocked Eris I can't even get a Frost chassis yet. :smith:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You have to be level Valkyr.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Raptor1033 posted:

What level do you have to be to reliably take down a Juggernaut in a decent amount of time? They keep spawning in my solo Eris missions and I have to run like a coward.

Ash. Level Ash.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Amdis posted:

Why is Chroma such a pain in the rear end to build? I just unlocked Eris I can't even get a Frost chassis yet. :smith:

You say Chroma but when I think pain in the rear end I can't think of anything but Equinox.

Amdis
Jan 9, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

You have to be level Valkyr.

Yeah! I actually just finished Valkyr yesterday. Having a blast as her.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I'm building Valkyr but I am having just too much fun as Rhino, headbutting poo poo to death and being literally invincible at all times.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

sitchelin posted:

I'm building Valkyr but I am having just too much fun as Rhino, headbutting poo poo to death and being literally invincible at all times.

You will really like valkyr then. Its like Rhino only even more invincible.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Raptor1033 posted:

Level Vaykor Marelok.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Except that Nullifier bubbles are a piece of poo poo as Valkyr, at least with Iron Skin you can stand at a distance and chop the bubble down without becoming suddenly very, very, very vulnerable.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Put maxed Reach on your melee weap and you can slash a null shield without problems.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Half the time the bubble straight up doesn't even work, I can charge in and kill the nullifier with Hysteria.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
That's lag between you and the host. It works 100% of the time as host.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

I had a mission bug out on me the other day where no matter how long I sat inside a nullifier's aura it wouldn't shut off rift walk on my Limbo

it worked properly for like 10 minutes but then the rest of the mission it was bugged out

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Except that Nullifier bubbles are a piece of poo poo as Valkyr, at least with Iron Skin you can stand at a distance and chop the bubble down without becoming suddenly very, very, very vulnerable.

They just force you to pay attention. You can claw down the bubbles without reach if you are just a little careful. It only gets tricky when there are 3+ closing in on you.

Now a nul scrambus, they will just gently caress you over with no recourse.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

SynthOrange posted:

Put maxed Reach on your melee weap and you can slash a null shield without problems.

Maxed/Primed reach solves everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

My favorite way to deal with juggs are a khom.