Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Jivjov if you post in this thread again I will ban you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

greatn posted:

I'll explain in his stead.

There's Nintendo Account which will be used to log into new Nintendo consoles like the NX and smartphone apps like Miitomo. It's replacing NNID which will die off with the WiiU and 3ds family of systems because the NNID has some structural limitations that make it difficult to integrate across different platforms and they wanted to create a new account system from scratch.

My Nintendo is a rewards program tied to your Nintendo Account where you earn Platinum and Gold points. Platinum points are earned by playing Nintendo games, viewing Nintendo content and visiting Nintendo parks or seeing a Nintendo partnered movie, etc. They are used to get digital bonus items for use in games, like how if you buy Mountain Dew White Phosphorous you get a new gun in CoD. Gold points are earned by buying games on Nintendo systems and can be used to buy games digitally or possibly get eShop credit.

thank you, jivjr.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Please, I'm old enough to be his dad.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Jivjov is the only good poster.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

You are not a moderator.

I really don't try to stir up trouble; just correct misinformation where I see it. Generally that takes the form of people not understanding how the NNID system works.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
His name is a different color, I think that means he's a secret admin.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

jivjov posted:

Yes, 1 3ds and 1 Wii U. That adds up to two. If you are going to attempt to call me out in so pedestrian a fashion, at least have a grasp of simple arithmetic.

this is a meaningless distinction and i think you know that

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Looper posted:

this is a meaningless distinction and i think you know that

Not really? An NNID can be associated with 2 different devices at a time, a 3DS and a Wii U. Users can freely system transfer between devices, and in the event of hardware theft or damage, Nintendo can remotely transfer for you. ALl digital purchases are tied to the NNID so there is no risk of losing purchases.

I'm really not sure why this is so hard for people to grasp...or why people feel the need to say stuff like "purchases aren't tied to an account" or "your account is locked to a single system".

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Not really freely, aren't there restrictions like once a week or something?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I hope one day there exists the technology to transfer jivjov's consciousness to a brain that is not incredibly hosed up and dysfunctional, in the same way that NNIDs can be transferred.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

greatn posted:

yeah it locks the account to the device for a week after it's moved on. unless there's some predictably nintendo crazy workaround that i don't know about

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

greatn posted:

This is like complaining about 3DS demos having 30 uses, how often will that ever matter?

I'll take 10 jivjovs over a single Taint Reaper any day.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I've never had any need to system transfer within a year or more after the previous transfer, so if there's a week-long wait period, I'm completely unaware of it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

katkillad2 posted:

I'll take 10 jivjovs over a single Taint Reaper any day.

Jivjov is cool and good. I don't get why you guys constantly harass him. He does his best to eradicate misunderstandings about Nintendo IDs and things that are related. Everyone needs a niche and Jivjov has found his. The problem isn't JJ. The problem is the confused people who constantly get this poo poo wrong.

Here's an idea, let JJ write a faq. Put it in the OP, or make a new thread with it as the OP, and then just say read the OP whenever it comes up.

Then no one gets annoyed at JJ for trying to help.

Also, he is now know as JJ. Sorry JJ.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

homeless snail posted:

I hope one day there exists the technology to transfer jivjov's consciousness to a brain that is not incredibly hosed up and dysfunctional, in the same way that NNIDs can be transferred.

someone call jivjov's mom.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

baram. posted:

someone call jivjov's mom.

My mom passed away almost 15 years ago, sadly.

Waltzing Along posted:

Jivjov is cool and good. I don't get why you guys constantly harass him. He does his best to eradicate misunderstandings about Nintendo IDs and things that are related. Everyone needs a niche and Jivjov has found his. The problem isn't JJ. The problem is the confused people who constantly get this poo poo wrong.

Here's an idea, let JJ write a faq. Put it in the OP, or make a new thread with it as the OP, and then just say read the OP whenever it comes up.

I can live with JJ. Can someone bring me some pictures of Spiderman?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

jivjov posted:

Not really? An NNID can be associated with 2 different devices at a time, a 3DS and a Wii U. Users can freely system transfer between devices, and in the event of hardware theft or damage, Nintendo can remotely transfer for you. ALl digital purchases are tied to the NNID so there is no risk of losing purchases.

I'm really not sure why this is so hard for people to grasp...or why people feel the need to say stuff like "purchases aren't tied to an account" or "your account is locked to a single system".

"your nnid is tied to a single system"
"umm wii u and 3ds noob learn to count"
"your nnid is effectively tied to one system because the wii u and the 3ds cannot interact in any meaningful way how does that address my actual complaint"

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Looper posted:

"your nnid is tied to a single system"
"umm wii u and 3ds noob learn to count"
"your nnid is effectively tied to one system because the wii u and the 3ds cannot interact in any meaningful way how does that address my actual complaint"

Your NNID is not permanently tied to any system anyway. You can system transfer it around at will if you upgrade/replace your hardware.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

people get frustrated because while he is often correct, he also often pedantically nitpicks what people say in the name of being technically correct while ignoring what they're actually saying, such as:

jivjov posted:

You are not a moderator.

fake edit: and just now. why are you telling me this, i've never expressed any confusion about the matter

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

jivjov posted:

You can freely system transfer your NNID between the two Wii Us; if for some reason you had a 2nd console.

freely*

*Once every seven days, assuming you have both pieces of hardware in the same room, otherwise customer service has to manually intervene

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
[SCENE: A teenaged girl is standing in front of a mirror in a dark attic, nearly pitch-black but for the lit candles strewn about. After a long silence, she stares directly into the mirror and begins to speak.]

GIRL: You can't transfer your NNID. You can't transfer your NNID... You can't transfer your NNID!

[Quiet. Then, from the corner of her vision, a monstrous silhouette stumbles out of the darkness in the reflection.]

JIVJOV: Well, actually,

[All of the candles blow out simultaneously, as if hit by a gust of wind. Cut to the outside of a decrepit house. The opened front door is slammed shut by an unseen force as a bloodcurdling scream pierces the night.]

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Scratch-O posted:

[SCENE: A teenaged girl is standing in front of a mirror in a dark attic, nearly pitch-black but for the lit candles strewn about. After a long silence, she stares directly into the mirror and begins to speak.]

GIRL: You can't transfer your NNID. You can't transfer your NNID... You can't transfer your NNID!

[Quiet. Then, from the corner of her vision, a monstrous silhouette stumbles out of the darkness in the reflection.]

[All of the candles blow out simultaneously, as if hit by a gust of wind. Cut to the outside of a decrepit house. The opened front door is slammed shut by an unseen force as a bloodcurdling scream pierces the night.]

Perfect in every way

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Pretty sure jivjov is a Nintendo experimental customer support bot that escaped into the wilds of the internet.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

pnumoman posted:

Pretty sure jivjov is a Nintendo experimental customer support bot that escaped into the wilds of the internet.

Actually that's Andre from GameXplain

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Scratch-O posted:

you've saved this thread, bravo

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

the system transfer cooldown affected me one (1) time, and I managed to not post about it on the internet like some weirdo

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

irlZaphod posted:

the system transfer cooldown affected me one (1) time, and I managed to not post about it on the internet like some weirdo

What the gently caress

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Scratch-O posted:

This, but with Beetlejuice.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
you did it

you got the reference

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It could be a Candyman one but they didn't say Jivjov enough times.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Wouldn't the reference actually be Candyman, since a mirror is involved?

Edit: beaten.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Looper posted:

you did it

you got the reference

I meant like, where JivJov is Beetlejuice. The narrative from Scratch-O was more like a Bloody Mary or Candyman, where the door slams shut and you die. I want JivJov to be more like a transdimensional used car salesman.
:thejoke:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I thought it was Bloody Mary

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

"Did we mention that your Mii actually speaks too? Anything you or your friends say about themselves!"
But does it listen?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
we've already established jivjov is a ghost with the most (amiibo)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

greatn posted:

I'll explain in his stead.

There's Nintendo Account which will be used to log into new Nintendo consoles like the NX and smartphone apps like Miitomo. It's replacing NNID which will die off with the WiiU and 3ds family of systems because the NNID has some structural limitations that make it difficult to integrate across different platforms and they wanted to create a new account system from scratch.

My Nintendo is a rewards program tied to your Nintendo Account where you earn Platinum and Gold points. Platinum points are earned by playing Nintendo games, viewing Nintendo content and visiting Nintendo parks or seeing a Nintendo partnered movie, etc. They are used to get digital bonus items for use in games, like how if you buy Mountain Dew White Phosphorous you get a new gun in CoD. Gold points are earned by buying games on Nintendo systems and can be used to buy games digitally or possibly get eShop credit.

I would like to go to Nintendo park

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

I have good news for you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What kind of maniac has multiple 3DS's and Wii U's to worry about outside of the situation where you need to transfer system information after an upgrade.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

Go to Universal Studios Florida in 3-5 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

In Training posted:

What kind of maniac has multiple 3DS's and Wii U's to worry about outside of the situation where you need to transfer system information after an upgrade.

Well at least two Wii U's in different locations would make quite a bit of sense in many scenarios; it's also cheap enough that buying two wouldn't break anyone's bank.