Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

nielsm posted:

There is a strange thing on Putni's face...

...is that a poop?

Pion, did you poop on Putni?!
Putni looks so ashamed :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Reason #317 birds are the best pets:

I came home from class today miserable, stressed, and soaked through from the driving rain. Let Ama out and onto my shoulder, headed into the bathroom for a hot shower. Put on one of my favorite albums while I got ready. The moment the chords started Amadeus started singing and dancing* on my shoulder so of course I had to sing the song with him. Song finished, turned phone off, put Ama on top of his cage while I got into the shower. Birdwings sounded, bird landed on shower curtain rod, and then flew down onto my shoulder in the shower. Bird bathed (in my hands, because apparently even when you are being pelted with warm water the best way to bathe is in a person's cupped hands) and then sat on the curtain rod waiting for me to finish.

I am in a much better mood now.

*bird singing & dancing consists of hunkering down, bobbing your body from side to side, and yelling HEY, HEY, HEY in time with your bobbing.

As an apology for no dancing bird video, here is a soaking wet conure instead.

Waiting for me to finish my shower

Hello, I am wetbird

Put the camera away, stop that, everybody can see my earholes.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

such a good birb.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Ama is adorable :3:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cover your ear holes Ama, you exhibitionist :3:

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1c_jh1dNYQ

Eric is a salty individual.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I was just able to put mr clingy back in his cage for the first time ever without it being a fuss, and he said to me "talk to you later" as I did it, which is what i say to him when I put him away for the first time too

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

That is so cute! I know I can't have a cockatoo any time soon but videos like that always make me really want one. Also, birds with accents! The best :kimchi:

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

I was just able to put mr clingy back in his cage for the first time ever without it being a fuss, and he said to me "talk to you later" as I did it, which is what i say to him when I put him away for the first time too

:love: I'm glad all your hard work is paying off!

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCyY8Di8XfE

Eric has his own discipline object: The Scary Fish.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Wanna kiss a fucken legend :kimchi:

In Toast news I was getting Overemotional About Nothing (in this case Pokemons) and was having a little cry, and Toast came over from his box o' gumnuts with a concerned look and sat rubbing his head against my face until I felt better :3: No biting my fingers while I patted him or anything. Good therapy birb!

(I am fine now, it was over in about fifteen minutes.)

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

How have I not known about Eric before. But seriously cockatoos are loving crazy, in both a good and bad way. He is a ridiculously sassy bird though

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

"Did you bash up the dog"

"loving LEGEND!"

Eric's long-distance war with other birds is extremely funny as well.

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

sarmhan posted:

Eric's long-distance war with other birds is extremely funny as well.

SHOO YOU BASTARDS

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
DON'T FUKKEN BITE!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Eejit posted:

How have I not known about Eric before. But seriously cockatoos are loving crazy, in both a good and bad way. He is a ridiculously sassy bird though
Seriously, I'm watching these and almost in tears giggling.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Eejit posted:

SHOO YOU BASTARDS

I am laughing so hard I woke my wife up

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Requesting thread title change to "shoo you bastards"

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Eric is the Yin to Max's Yang

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Hello, I am wetbird

Wettest birb there ever was

Wrecking Ball
Jul 16, 2011

learnincurve posted:

Requesting thread title change to "shoo you bastards"

"Fly, you fools!"

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Reason #317 birds are the best pets:

I came home from class today miserable, stressed, and soaked through from the driving rain. Let Ama out and onto my shoulder, headed into the bathroom for a hot shower. Put on one of my favorite albums while I got ready. The moment the chords started Amadeus started singing and dancing* on my shoulder so of course I had to sing the song with him. Song finished, turned phone off, put Ama on top of his cage while I got into the shower. Birdwings sounded, bird landed on shower curtain rod, and then flew down onto my shoulder in the shower. Bird bathed (in my hands, because apparently even when you are being pelted with warm water the best way to bathe is in a person's cupped hands) and then sat on the curtain rod waiting for me to finish.

I am in a much better mood now.

*bird singing & dancing consists of hunkering down, bobbing your body from side to side, and yelling HEY, HEY, HEY in time with your bobbing.

Hello, I am wetbird

Birds look so loving proud of themselves when they're soaked.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wrecking Ball posted:

"Fly, you fools!"
"Shoo you bastards!" sounds like some terribly re-translated subtitle from the Lord of the Rings movie, come to think of it.

Wrecking Ball
Jul 16, 2011
I blame all of you guys for getting me hooked onto this website!!
http://www.strapya-world.com

Pillow Pekoe!!
We've named him Poucho (was initially going to get the little pencil case "pouch" + "Pekoe"= "Poucho" version of this image but couldn't resist the bigger stuffy!)

Edit: Pff, of course they decide to make the stuffy 15% off now, after i've already bought it! :argh:

Wrecking Ball fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 18, 2016

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Another Eric gem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKUsXJV2Voo

"Did you have your oval officecornflakes this morning?"

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 18, 2016

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

We are a bit torn... It still feels a little early for a new bird, but we are having some trouble reaching the breeder my wife knows (she's quite good, but she's a bit technologically challenged), and one of her aunts has two budgies that are laying eggs. They've produced one baby birb so far who is a couple of months old, and they may now have two viable eggs.

It feels like it makes more sense to wait until the summer, because we have very busy work schedules the next couple of months and we're probably taking a trip in June, but it is suddenly spookily quiet in our place, and I am both sad and look like a class A doofus when I automatically sing the "every note has 'bird' as the lyrics" version of the theme song to whatever show I'm watching.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Stolen from the internet.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

omygodloookithowcuteheis

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Do any of the bird crazies regulars have a quaker parrot?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Mizuti posted:

Are quaker parrots called quaker parrots because they're constantly vibrating or because they're very chill and non-confrontational?

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Are quaker parrots called quaker parrots because they're constantly vibrating or because they're very chill and non-confrontational?

I don't have a funny answer, so have a cute answer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26fuHtW6lZs

:3:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

The Narrator posted:

Oh my gosh all the videos of baby quaker parrots quaking :kimchi:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm so sorry Bicyclops, I had a tiny yappy dog who everyone hated but me and who consciously helped me though some very dark times when my son was really sick, it tore my heart right out when she died. I don't know if it's too soon but it might be a mistake to get another budgie, you had the perfect little bird before and you got lucky. The danger is that you may end up comparing "replacement" budgie to old budgie and end up heartbroken for a second time if it does not bond to the same extent. . Might I suggest you consider getting another breed of smaller bird like a hand reared love bird?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

When they are babies they constantly shake and they do it too when they get excited as adults

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

The Narrator posted:

whats wrong with that bird it keeps vibrating

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Its a happy baby quaker birb

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dreggon posted:

whats wrong with that bird it keeps vibrating

It's quaking :v:.

Mizuti posted:

Now you can have one too! :v:

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

I had a dumb realisation the other day; one of the reasons Inko maybe hates flying and avoids it at all costs, is maybe due to his lovely legs-since he can't really use them, and can't hop/jump, he can't use them for launching into take off and would have to begin purely under his own wing power. Which as mentioned, he doesn't seem to have much of, with a keel that could cut his nuts up. That means he can't land properly either and has to crash or land on the side of a cage where he can use his feets and beak. Also, while flying, he wouldn't be able to tuck the legs/feet back into the proper streamlined position. Since going from the kitchen to his cage after a human is the only semi-reliable time he'll fly, I did that yesterday to watch him and yeah, he sort of flies with his body more vertical, hovering and swaying side to side a bit, with his feet in fists as best he can but legs pulled up (and out to sides a bit) instead of stretched back. It's actually kind of cute, should try and film it sometime :3:

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Now you can have one too! :v:
:3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3:
Neddy, I love how you go into threads and make these amazing creations all over the place. My favorite was the unfortunately deceased Phoenix Wright LP.

Whoever said that GCCs have the attitude of bigger birds was hilariously correct. Sammy the GCC has been crowding/chasing Kiwi the Nanday all over the place for love and cuddles and preening and he doesn't give up no matter what. It's super cute, cause he'll just squeeze into wherever she is. I try to get pictures but this normally happens during bed time and the lights are low.

Battle Pigeon posted:

I had a dumb realisation the other day; one of the reasons Inko maybe hates flying and avoids it at all costs, is maybe due to his lovely legs-since he can't really use them, and can't hop/jump, he can't use them for launching into take off and would have to begin purely under his own wing power. Which as mentioned, he doesn't seem to have much of, with a keel that could cut his nuts up. That means he can't land properly either and has to crash or land on the side of a cage where he can use his feets and beak. Also, while flying, he wouldn't be able to tuck the legs/feet back into the proper streamlined position. Since going from the kitchen to his cage after a human is the only semi-reliable time he'll fly, I did that yesterday to watch him and yeah, he sort of flies with his body more vertical, hovering and swaying side to side a bit, with his feet in fists as best he can but legs pulled up (and out to sides a bit) instead of stretched back. It's actually kind of cute, should try and film it sometime :3:
Your birds are always in a constant state of cute :kimchi: Birbs :love:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Birbs update: Red rumps are back to being chill as usual and have the radio on so it's all good in cage A. Cage B is wondering what the hell I've done with Loki and am I going to do it to them next. Thor is far more content and active but the moment he sees me he floofs and glowers in my direction making chuttering noises. :allears: We will see how it goes on monday when the kids go back to school and they can come out of the cages again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Man, King Cages doesn't gently caress around with shipping.

Total weight was just over 300 pounds. Watching me get that through the door was probably the highlight of my neighbors' day.