Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
lol did the previous operations have the gay cutscenes? I don't remember them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
Bloodhound did. It was my first though.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

AugmentedVision posted:

lol did the previous operations have the gay cutscenes? I don't remember them

Actually cutscenes contribute significantly to immersion.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Please no plot spoilers

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

fennesz posted:

As much as I disliked Bloodhound's maps I realized after it ended I missed doing dumb missions. It's also kind of interesting to look back and see how many aces/wins/whatever you had at the time.

And everyone gets a chance at that Medusa or Dragonlore! :v:

Yeah, not gonna lie, playing the missions was fun. and like 90% of the reason I played anything but gun game and goonmans. Also the extra xp is nice for leveling up the account rank thing.

Still so happy that I made back the cost of the operation plus some bonus within like 10 min of getting it. Still wish they didn't have the two mission a day limit.

Those blitz missions seem interesting. but I'm going to miss 1 or 2 every day they happen since they're at 10am, 3pm, and 8pm. Not sure who those times are good for really...

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

just played 2 games on new nuke. some of us didnt like it, some did.
I think it's aight. It's a really fast map now. T's can get control of outside almost immediately, but at the same time if they don't leave right away it's pretty easy to cut them all down. Interested to see how that changes the map when ppl figure it out.

there are a couple things that are complete bullshit but overall I had fun

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Fat Lou posted:

I literally just tried it and it did not work. gently caress you.

rude. I will graciously accept free skins in lieu of an apology for your hurtful words

just tested it and it definitely is back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiuScZmeyU

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I crashed on cruise and things feel a bit off but hey, I got a case and a min wear toxic, sold em, free operation. Thanks Gabe.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Bohemian Nights posted:

rude. I will graciously accept free skins in lieu of an apology for your hurtful words

I dunno, I did it on my setup like 5 times and it did not work. Oh well.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Fat Lou posted:

I dunno, I did it on my setup like 5 times and it did not work. Oh well.

This stuff can change between hardware and drivers and poo poo. It's funny stuff and that variance is often a big reason it gets past testing

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

Xenaero posted:

Both reds are really good. Thinking of giving up my beloved asiimov and vulcan.

The thumbnail for the M4A4 really does not do it justice. It does look really nice ingame. And of course the AK looks great.

I got the invisible smoke bug by accident while playing a mission. It's definitely back, but I'm not sure if I alt-tabbed.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

nice shortcut to your screenshots folder, cloud 9 background, geforce experience shortcut, how often do you have to change your setting nerd? teamspeak 3? you know thats a fail. a folder called knut, enjoying firewatch much? playing xcom 2 and just cause 3 as well. slow down there gamer. durandal? idk what that is but its surely a fail. spotify, like music for cheap? try supporting the artist

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

trying to jack off posted:

nice shortcut to your screenshots folder, cloud 9 background, geforce experience shortcut, how often do you have to change your setting nerd? teamspeak 3? you know thats a fail. a folder called knut, enjoying firewatch much? playing xcom 2 and just cause 3 as well. slow down there gamer. durandal? idk what that is but its surely a fail. spotify, like music for cheap? try supporting the artist

lol he literally has a 4:3 desktop because he is from 1997

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

sleppy posted:

For real? This is the best scout skin submitted in the past half year? My graphics aren't even hosed up or anything, the models are maxed. Look at the scout skins, they are loving terrible.

Your graphics are definitely broken, it looks way more high res on my screen.

I'm surprised they didn't do that one that looked like you are pulling an eye out of it's socket when you reload. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=530938307

Suran37 fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Feb 18, 2016

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

trying to jack off posted:

shut up!!!! (firewatch is really good)

Fat Lou posted:

lol he literally has a 4:3 desktop because he is from 1997

thats life with a crt monitor

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Feb 18, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007

exethan posted:

I want the hyperbeast nova

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fucker. I only got the Tec-9. :mad:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Just played a comp game on Nuke and the smoke bug is definitely back. Kept getting popped thinking they were hacking until I realized it only happened when smoke was out. I like the new updates but the outdoor area kills my game though :(

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

@ Symbolic: you were the one who opens crates each new Op comes out, right? Let me know when you either 1. open a knife or 2. end up with all blues in a month :allears:

Crain posted:

Yeah, not gonna lie, playing the missions was fun. and like 90% of the reason I played anything but gun game and goonmans. Also the extra xp is nice for leveling up the account rank thing.

Still so happy that I made back the cost of the operation plus some bonus within like 10 min of getting it. Still wish they didn't have the two mission a day limit.

Those blitz missions seem interesting. but I'm going to miss 1 or 2 every day they happen since they're at 10am, 3pm, and 8pm. Not sure who those times are good for really...

Same here. Made back my Operation investment in my second DM. I like the mission format this time. Competitive Blitz + Casual missions should keep it interesting enough. I only work a couple days a week so I'll probably do the missions most days (unless it's Cruise).

Also if you get a crate or you're dumb enough to open one: for god's sake sell the skin. If you want to buy it back it'll be a quarter of the price in a week.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i already sold the nova for $10 and i can buy it back for $2 in a month if i really want it imo

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Ugh should have checked the thread before getting into comp, just lost like 15-6 because I was getting blasted through smokes like loving crazy, didn't realize the alt-tab bug was back (or some variation), I knew the guys weren't hacking, unless it was just some smoke type of hack, because they were not very good.

Also, jesus my game is crashing like crazy, and I get weird graphics tearing whenever I scope, this poo poo is hosed up.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 18, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

MF_James posted:

Also, jesus my game is crashing like crazy, and I get weird graphics tearing whenever I scope, this poo poo is hosed up.

Are you an AMD user? The internet is telling me that you should play windowed.

e: Holy gently caress, it's been like an hour since I sold my case and the price has dropped by 2.50 :lol:

fennesz fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Feb 18, 2016

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010
I am glad the competitive and non-competitive missions are split, and that they thought of a way to prevent the 45 minute wait times for some operation maps like in the last operation. Blitz sounds like it will bring a bunch of players to that single map for a few hours.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Yeah saw that and turn shaders down to medium at least, game was stable through 2 DMs so seems fine now.

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010
Legit spoilers for the equipment we'll be seeing in later missions in this operation. I know we joke about spoilers but I could see these being a fun surprise if you don't know they are coming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQXIXHG4o6A

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Ew, the new nuke has tooooons of clutter everywhere. I think it will be pretty difficult to spot enemies.

Unicom
Mar 29, 2006

loving smoke bug. Didn't even notice they weren't loading until I got three super blatant smoke kills and didn't get shot back at all. Hope I don't get loving over watched now.

Didn't even alt tab or anything. Even in my demos they don't load.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

No unranked matchmaking, don't care

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Bleh this poo poo always happens. Updates in the middle of the night, I don't play until after work next day when a new case is worth roughly one pittance so I don't ever get to price-gouge nerds. They should release it for EU peak time, the region that is good at CS

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Actually I was selling bloodhound cases for like €2 at least a week after the operation dropped.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Jeza posted:

Bleh this poo poo always happens. Updates in the middle of the night, I don't play until after work next day when a new case is worth roughly one pittance so I don't ever get to price-gouge nerds. They should release it for EU peak time, the region that is good at CS

Same for me but it's OK, NA needs all the help it can get

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
If it wasn't for the fact that the major was just around the corner I'd say to just buy a few older skins and sell em when they rebound back, but there'll be a second wave of people trading their guns for steambux so they can buy tournament stickers.

e: Also I forgot most people don't play the dumb skin market. Still the event is making lots of people dump items at least as fast as the steam sales.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Feb 18, 2016

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
lol I get 100 fps on the new nuke

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Lol someone's getting sued.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

New nuke looks good. It might actually be worth playing now.

http://econtent.unm.edu/cdm/singleitem/collection/nuceng/id/33/rec/40
http://econtent.unm.edu/cdm/singleitem/collection/nuceng/id/29/rec/36
http://econtent.unm.edu/cdm/singleitem/collection/nuceng/id/107/rec/17

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Smol posted:

lol I get 100 fps on the new nuke

yeah mine drops pretty badly too, and tbh I don't think it even looks very good. The color choices seem odd to me and don't totally go together, plus now there's just a ton of unnecessary poo poo all over the map contributing nothing

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Game crashes every few minutes for me unless I have all the video settings on low. AMD problem apparently.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I actually really like the aesthetic of the new nuke but only played one casual match on there so far. Did they move toxic to a different wall?

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I like it, but I haven't tested it on my PC yet. I'll be super disappointed if I'm getting less than 144 FPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

qhat posted:

I like it, but I haven't tested it on my PC yet. I'll be super disappointed if I'm getting less than 144 FPS.

Prepare to be dissapointed. Santorini was the worst optimized map I've played until last night's new nuke.

Also, gently caress Valve's fetish with little hooks and doodads on every shipping container, crate, whatever. poo poo looks too busy and blocks bullets.