Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

actually when you consider the fact that bloodborne just got a massive expansion, making 2015s GOTY even more amazing, it stands to reason that sony would start increasing the price of the ps4 now since the experience of playing bloodborne has only gotten more epic since the ps4s initial release

gently caress me

maybe I'll find a cheap ps4 on ebay???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

SciFiDownBeat posted:

gently caress me

maybe I'll find a cheap ps4 on ebay???

Check craigslist or pawn shops.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i paid about the equivalent of 250 dollars for a new one over a year ago. theyre pretty cheap now

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
big box stores run specials on them very frequently. i stacked some discounts together at target to get mine for 245 last april, right after BB released.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i just got the platinum trophy in bloodborne. i'd gladly do it all again. a big thank you to the dude i summoned to help me fight mergos wetnurse who died in one hit

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soral posted:

i just got the platinum trophy in bloodborne. i'd gladly do it all again. a big thank you to the dude i summoned to help me fight mergos wetnurse who died in one hit

now you can feel good that you beat an extra hard version of the boss with even more health than normal

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

i wonder how you die to mergo in one hit

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

it's pretty easy to get one-shot by many bosses as a summon given the reduced health

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

if you misstime a dodge on one of her big hits and get crit you'll loving die

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The co op rune not only gives you a staggering 2% more hp when you're summoned but also if you summon help.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

The co op rune not only gives you a staggering 2% more hp when you're summoned but also if you summon help.

i sort of wonder why they even bothered with that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

01011001 posted:

it's pretty easy to get one-shot by many bosses as a summon given the reduced health

I forgot about the heavy health penalty while cooping

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was gonna play this today but the SFV servers were working so I played that instead. I need to set aside time this weekend to do a old school marathon sesh of BB.

Soral
May 30, 2009

In Training posted:

it was the huge diagonal slash move with all her arms with the giant windup, which i think is her most damaging move, and it was on ng+4. i got hit by it too later in the fight and it reduced me to almost no hp

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
When you start a new character do you karate chop your way to the first lamp on principle? Or do you die quick to head right to the hunter's dream?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Visceral that puppy open the ladder lantern out

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
I just got bloodborne last week. I am a big fan of the series, just haven't gotten around to this one, great game!

Speaking of which is there an imp zone ds3 thread because the games one is just about how bad the game will most likely be

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Agag posted:

When you start a new character do you karate chop your way to the first lamp on principle? Or do you die quick to head right to the hunter's dream?

i kill the dog and run to the saw spear .. not that i actually like it. but it is fun to do that

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Usenet Magic-User posted:

I just got bloodborne last week. I am a big fan of the series, just haven't gotten around to this one, great game!

Speaking of which is there an imp zone ds3 thread because the games one is just about how bad the game will most likely be

ppl post about it in here or in trainings thread but i and 1 or 2 other people dont wanna be spoiled on anything so i hope someone makes one.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm going to make a run-up thread probably in March & then do the launch contest thread (most progress before first death like we did with DS2) on the night before launch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I made it past the first bridge in DS2 before dying because I tried to jump to the shiny and missed without realizing the jump button had been changed for 2.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Benny D posted:

I'm going to make a run-up thread probably in March & then do the launch contest thread (most progress before first death like we did with DS2) on the night before launch

:henget:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

I made it past the first bridge in DS2 before dying because I tried to jump to the shiny and missed without realizing the jump button had been changed for 2.

lol

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.

In Training posted:

this.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

i was sliding down the ladder, and used to DS1 sliding, so i pressed it once, which is a full release, and died on impact

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Usenet Magic-User posted:

the games one is just about how bad the game will most likely be

haha I hate that forum so much

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I looked at the fire emblem thread there today since I wanted to know about the different versions and the OP is the saddest thing I've ever seen

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I looked at the fire emblem thread there today since I wanted to know about the different versions and the OP is the saddest thing I've ever seen

I just looked at it out of curiosity and Jesus Christ

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.
im getting the impression that the core activity loop of the games forum is not actually enjoying video games.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

I.N.R.I posted:

i kill the dog and run to the saw spear .. not that i actually like it. but it is fun to do that

I kill the first beast every time, but this is inspiring. Will try tonight.

HolePisser1982 posted:

haha I hate that forum so much

I found Imp Zone because I wanted to talk about games, not do whatever they do in Games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For my new characters I usually just run right to the first lantern. Practicing speedrun strats

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
winter lanterns are my all time least favorite enemy

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Gigante posted:

I just looked at it out of curiosity and Jesus Christ

Golly

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

sector_corrector posted:

i was sliding down the ladder, and used to DS1 sliding, so i pressed it once, which is a full release, and died on impact

:yeah: me too :cripes:

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

ppl post about it in here or in trainings thread but i and 1 or 2 other people dont wanna be spoiled on anything so i hope someone makes one.

I also don't want to be spoiled but I was thinking a gamer tag / system collection or some co op poop

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I beat The One Reborn, now I'm in the Nightmare of Mensis which is a pretty hosed place, I beat a hunter on a bridge and then got killed by some tiny dudes and a big lady in armor

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

nightmare of mensis is such a good zone. probably my favorite non-dlc level

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Fungah! posted:

its really cool how the game just keeps getting weirder and keeps topping itself

Soral
May 30, 2009

nightmare of mensis is amazing. it's so stressful your first time through but you can beat it in like 10 minutes minus bossfights on your second time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

Yeah, and with the level wide frenzy mechanic it's always to get stressful regardless of your build. It's awesome