Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
oh yeah the transverse funding goals were hilarious

it was like for 500k we will make a spaceship fly

for 1M we will add combat

etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Iglocska posted:

So they're kinda like Toyota?

Curiously enough, Andy Fastow (Enron's CFO) tried to make that comparison in regards to Enron. It didn't really work since he didn't understand Toyota. Or Enron. Or financing.

I wonder if there is a Toyota law similar to Godwin's.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

DOMDOM posted:

:pgi: tried to ride the coattails of space sim fundraising success that Elite and SC had and tried to launch their own called transverse, despite the piss poor and unfinished state of their only AAA game MWO

community backlash was swift

their community manager, niko, tried to lock down the transverse reddit sub to silence dissent which ran afoul of reddit rules and got the entire company shadowbanned

also people kept calling it trannyverse

it was a spectacular failure, and a huge wakeup call

Don't forget how they had spaceship combat as a $2m stretch goal.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

And when I say blatant Star Citizen ripoff I mean loving blatant as poo poo:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

Hey they probably would have made a good game if backers gave them $100m

that's how development works rite

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
Please lock the thread at the end of 1999. If nothing else it'll bug the millennials.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Mr.Tophat posted:

Wow, I am slow on the ball today. Sorry, skeletons are something very close to my heart, and I am very hungry right now so my ability to connect the paindots isn't the greatest. I keep thinking about eating something, but then I see Lesnik and, well.

Skeletons are the loving best thing in the world guys. I'm sorry I can't stop thinking about skeletons.

(not sorry)

Pi Mu Rho
Apr 25, 2007

College Slice
Well, after reading from the start, I finally

You bunch of excessive-posting bastards. It's been brilliant, I can't wait to see where the shitstorm blows next.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

1992. Before Ron Paul, there was Ross Perot.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
The full on mwo riot was fun. I got myself banned about 100 times for ingame griefing. After the IP ban i turned to a vpn.

Then some of the ex :pgi: staff showed up in the mwo thread here to commiserate. Good times

And at the very end, despite all the abuse & griefing, Russ actually unbanned me during the amnesty thing he did. It was pretty cool of him actually; anyone banned could write in directly to him and he took the time to review and personally respond.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

1992 my first son is born. Thank chris it wasn't on 7/14.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Beet Wagon posted:

Here in lies yet another problem. Stimperor Crobbles has got at least one thing right, there was a market for PC SCS's.
But while he has everyone in endless meetings to discuss drink mixer games and procedural birds or what sort of seed would be usable in zero gravity farming pods ........................ everyone else is flooding the market with working games . By the time he splutters his vision over the finish line everyone will have moved on to something else.
It really is just a load of really really bad FMV. Its so bad that I cannot even begin ................... oh and a cryengine mod with a ship in it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Mr.Tophat posted:

I am legit drinking a glass of milk right now because I enjoy keeping my skeleton enriched and ready for the war.

I'd love to visit that church which has bones absolutely loving everywhere. It has a bone chandelier for fucks sake. While everyone around me might go around respectfully and listen to the guide, I'd just be giddy from it all and listen to this while admiring the brave skeleton warriors.

It's disrespectful to skeletons not to point out that skeletons are rad and cool.

▒▒▒HELLO░░░░░▄▐░░░░
▒░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄░░░
░░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░
░░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
░░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░
░░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░░░░░
░░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀░░░░░
░▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀░░░░░
░▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄░░░
░░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄░░░
░░░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌░░
░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░
░░░░░░▐▌MR TOPHAT░█░

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Nope. Still waiting on a response to my second CS request. I think they have given up any pretense of giving a poo poo.

So I'm wondering what my next step is. I know you've had your own thing going on with them, but all I did was PM someone lowtax's offer.

If they want to just say "We don't like you, you're a poo poo butt head." that's fine. But I want them to freaking tell me that.

Right now I'm just banned with no warnings, no reasons, nothing.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

Both compelling arguments that I agree with. I motion that teeth removal on July 14th become lore.

Seconded. Now, are the teeth replaced? If so, James Bond Jaws teeth, but razor sharp? Jagged, horribly misaligned steel teeth, so you can tear up the gums, tongue, and lips? The previously suggested grinding plates? Or nothing at all but gaping bleeding gums, doubling the pain every second, and making it impossible to eat their people kibble ration (specifically designed to torture the toothless)?

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Hi, Fuzzynuts here with a

Here's a boring recipe that I made for my 4k monitor bootcha that I first posted on my blog in June 2015! Stalking Sandi online and loving a particular alcohol brand makes Chris a Roberts boy.

Fat lesnick the jpegs and bootcha my boyfriend, I always say.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
I have just been handed a Swedish pastry by my housemate and it is delicious.

Life is good

Dead is also good, because there are career prospects in science, decor and the skeleton war

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Are anyone of you guys in the Dreadnought Alpha?

I'm Sandweed on there to

EDIT: Putting this here cause it's badass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrU6YqyTO_s

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Feb 18, 2016

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

EightAce posted:

what sort of seed would be usable in zero gravity farming pods

lol

I presume you're scattering some mistruths in your posts to avoid the steely gaze of Sandi and her crack internet PI, but this is just stupid enough to be true.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Sandweed posted:

Are anyone of you guys in the Dreadnought Alpha?

I'm Sandweed on there to

I'd wish :(((

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Samizdata posted:

Seconded. Now, are the teeth replaced? If so, James Bond Jaws teeth, but razor sharp? Jagged, horribly misaligned steel teeth, so you can tear up the gums, tongue, and lips? The previously suggested grinding plates? Or nothing at all but gaping bleeding gums, doubling the pain every second, and making it impossible to eat their people kibble ration (specifically designed to torture the toothless)?

The silver liquid teeth grow continually like a rat's, so you have to wake up multiple times every night to file them down - an excruciatingly painful experience - or they will start to grow through your jaw

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Pi Mu Rho posted:

Well, after reading from the start, I finally

You bunch of excessive-posting bastards. It's been brilliant, I can't wait to see where the shitstorm blows next.

If you truly read from 1 to whatever i think you deserve a medal. It will be ben's sonichu medallion but still

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

hottubrhymemachine posted:

Fat lesnick the jpegs and bootcha my boyfriend, I always say.

Give it a loving rest.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

They have an awesome attitude toward crowdfunding

Also Jordan Weisman has a very, very long list of actually finished games to his name

Cash is pretty much safe in their hands

No doubt!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

EightAce posted:

Here in lies yet another problem. Stimperor Crobbles has got at least one thing right, there was a market for PC SCS's.
But while he has everyone in endless meetings to discuss drink mixer games and procedural birds or what sort of seed would be usable in zero gravity farming pods ........................ everyone else is flooding the market with working games . By the time he splutters his vision over the finish line everyone will have moved on to something else.
It really is just a load of really really bad FMV. Its so bad that I cannot even begin ................... oh and a cryengine mod with a ship in it.

That's the rub - CR basically paved the way for a bunch of other people to do what he wants better than he ever will and it's loving hilarious (unless you work there, or have a bunch of money in this thing, I guess). I will say though, that CIG has an infinitely greater chance of releasing something playable with Star Citizen than :pgi: had with Transverse (even if they had gotten the funds they wanted). Holy gently caress I'm so glad Transverse died. And not just because it washed away MWO's sins and made it better, but because like DOMDOM said, the whole debacle was an incredible humor generation engine.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

1992 was the year Home Alone 2: Lost in New York was released. Quite possibly the greatest movie ever made.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

1992 was the year Home Alone 2: Lost in New York was released. Quite possibly the greatest movie ever made.

1992 was the year the Atari 2600 was formally discontinued

gaming's been all downhill since imo

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Samizdata posted:

All good questions. I think what most of you are asking and proposing hinges on the texture of civil meat. If we can clarify that, then we can address the issue of prosthetic mouth implants.

Hopefully Beet_Wagon chimes in and confirms the motion, while also addressing your sickening and heartbreaking concerns.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

EightAce posted:

I hope someone mods the game bits out just so we can enjoy 60 hours of crobber genius writing. Could marathon it on twitch and drink with my thread buddies. Please enjoy crobs responsibly

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Hav posted:

Give it a loving rest.

Sorry hav I didn't mean to upset you :(

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

alphabettitouretti posted:

lol

I presume you're scattering some mistruths in your posts to avoid the steely gaze of Sandi and her crack internet PI, but this is just stupid enough to be true.

I wish I was loving joking .............................

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Truga posted:

But what about 144hz 4k?

So is there a monitor thread that I can ask about this 144hz 4k gsync VPI ETC? :v:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

EightAce posted:

I wish I was loving joking .............................

but... but... those farmings pods have artificial gravity! Why would you care about zero-g seeding? :wtchris:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Do you guys believe Lesnick has a rear admiral

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Do you guys believe Lesnick has a rear admiral

for his butt i mean

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Tank Boy Ken posted:

but... but... those farmings pods have artificial gravity! Why would you care about zero-g seeding? :wtchris:

Because the conditions in the pod need to be fine tuned so that the nutrients ........................ ah gently caress it . I have lost the will to even type

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Mr.Tophat posted:

I have just been handed a Swedish pastry by my housemate and it is delicious.

What kind? This is very important, because it will tell us a lot about your trustworthiness as far as deciding what is or isn't delicious.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Not that sort of seed, inevitable consequence seed

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

EightAce posted:

Because the conditions in the pod need to be fine tuned so that the nutrients ........................ ah gently caress it . I have lost the will to even type

I'm amazed those nutballs that have that dedicated site with fancy graphics describing non-existent gameplay haven't written up the flora and fauna modules yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TTerrible posted:

The brown sea constantly shits itself about PIRATES and GRIEFING and FEELING GRIEF and yet politely don't mention that CIG sells ships designed for pirates to use. These people are amazing and keep on giving.

You know nothing about games development, this is a ploy from CIG so they can identify all pirates and griefers so that when the game is released they can easily put them all on the same griefer server.

• Locked thread