Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ohsosad posted:

Motherfuckers.

I logged out in the town/village and went to bed but i guess it keeps your character in world for a few minutes?

loving scarecrows

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
So are there NA servers up yet? Which ones are they?

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
I'll see you guys tonight wooo. Can't wait to kill scarecrows for 10 hours.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Is there a way to adjust head size? I am trying to create a taller character but the head seems to stay the same size and just looks off.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Did anyone set a WebEx I can call into???

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
So if you send me a 1:1 message, I may miss it. There is no pop up for them. Send a tell instead.

The guild will need funds to increase its size.

We won't be able to actually get said funds until we can do guild missions.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Third World Reggin posted:

So if you send me a 1:1 message, I may miss it. There is no pop up for them. Send a tell instead.

The guild will need funds to increase its size.

We won't be able to actually get said funds until we can do guild missions.

What can i do to help

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Poop sock to 40 and then be on for a group mission for the guild

Like this probably won't be needed or done by most people for beta. But just keep this in mind for launch.

The fastest way in this game to level is grinding and that is about 10 or 20 hours play time.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

The fastest way in this game to level is grinding and that is about 10 or 20 hours play time.

So is it worth doing the missions for the spirit dude?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The spirit guy gets you access to a donkey and is the main quest chain. You can do those sure.

I am not sure what the later main quest gives you. Some side quests, I think, have given me inventory expansions. But I think most of those came from the main quest.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

PurplieNurplie posted:

So are there NA servers up yet? Which ones are they?
They are, Edan and Orwen, or something like that. We're on Edan.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I was kinda feeling the low rent charm, it felt like a dub of some fantasy anime you found at the back of a blockbuster.

However then a million people showed up and I didn't feel it anymore.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

drat you, Catte, what am I feeding you for?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Eonwe posted:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/11822-cbt-2-events/

quote:

2. Bait Master Tour

Back by popular demand, testers will once again have the chance to catch a unique fishing title!

Event Period:

Start: Feb. 18th 08:00 UTC
End: Feb. 22nd 08:00 UTC

How-To:

Catch a Beltfish while Fishing and post a screenshot of the Beltfish in your inventory >here<

Notes:

This event is to be rewarded with the same title as CBT1 “Bait Master Tour” event
Everyone who participates with a valid entry will get the title

Event Reward:

Title: Master Baiter
Title Description: I have used my rod all day to get this title!

This just completely changed how I intend to spend my time during beta. So is there anything to know about catching the Beltfish? Location? Bait? Face East and pray before every cast?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Wow that costume and dye system sounds terrible. Dyes are apparently single use and in rng boxes and untradeable.

advion
Jul 25, 2005

kalstrams posted:

They are, Edan and Orwen, or something like that. We're on Edan.

I can only see what I assume are the EU servers.

Jordine -> Elion, Balenos, Calpheon, Serendia, Mediah.

:|

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eltoasto posted:

Wow that costume and dye system sounds terrible. Dyes are apparently single use and in rng boxes and untradeable.

lol

Archeage
no tricks
no traps

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

advion posted:

I can only see what I assume are the EU servers.

Jordine -> Elion, Balenos, Calpheon, Serendia, Mediah.

:|
Yeah, Jordine and another one mean you are connecting to the EU. They had an issue at launch where even with NA set in launcher it would still connect to EU, so make sure you've got NA in your launcher and pray that it goes through.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Xavier434 posted:

This just completely changed how I intend to spend my time during beta. So is there anything to know about catching the Beltfish? Location? Bait? Face East and pray before every cast?
man that's rude, you can't just out and ask everyone in public how to become a master baiter

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

CrashCat posted:

man that's rude, you can't just out and ask everyone in public how to become a master baiter

I am only trying to do it properly as god intended.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Is there some kind of quickstart guide somewhere?
If not, I have a couple of questions for those of you who have played in the previous beta.

-Is there a way to respec?
-Do any of the main quests take you through buying a house(workshop?), or do you just do it? Is there any reason not to set one up in the first town?
-What crafting skills/workshops or whatever pair well with a wizard?

Thanks.

LegalPad fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 18, 2016

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Grondoth posted:

I was kinda feeling the low rent charm, it felt like a dub of some fantasy anime you found at the back of a blockbuster.

However then a million people showed up and I didn't feel it anymore.

It is pretty bad in some places. But almost all areas have an alternate area to kill poo poo in.

For the imps and steel imps, there are aeras really close by that would be faster to use. Same with the foxes and wolves.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

How difficult is it to get that particular fish?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
So while I'm at work, can someone confirm for me how ganky the sorceress is?

i wish to kill many horse

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LegalPad posted:

Is there some kind of quickstart guide somewhere?
If not, I have a couple of questions for those of you who have played in the previous beta.

-Is there a way to respec?
-Do any of the main quests take you through buying a house, or do you just do it? Is there any reason not to set up a house in the first town?
-What crafting skills/workshops or whatever pair well with a wizard?

Thanks.
There's a way to respect through special items, not sure how to get them without cash.
Main quests do not walk you through buying a house. There's no reason to set up house in the first town since you aren't going to stick around it for too long, and houses here can be changed straightforwardly.
Whichever you want.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
The skill tree page they're using in game is really bad.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Charles Bukowski posted:

The UI they're using in game is really bad.

FTFY

Like, gently caress, I even managed to get past age of wushu's gank UI, but BDO is just poo poo

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

FTFY

Like, gently caress, I even managed to get past age of wushu's gank UI, but BDO is just poo poo

you honestly don't remember exactly how bad wushus UI was. It was way worse than this.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
This waiting to connect music is very heroic.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
This is like a 4 day beta that is getting wiped after and you're focusing on guild recruitment and poopsock levelling :psyduck:

You are definitely in for the long haul come launch.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I'm setting up SAP for guild contract management.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

DancingShade posted:

This is like a 4 day beta that is getting wiped after and you're focusing on guild recruitment and poopsock levelling :psyduck:

You are definitely in for the long haul come launch.

Guild recruitment is so we can test how guilds work.

Poopsock leveling, I mean, I literally said don't do that, but that is how it is done. So I don't get what you mean by focused.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

kalstrams posted:

I'm setting up SAP for guild contract management.
anyone without a six sigma black belt is gonna be blue skied right out of our highly elite synergistic guild. lean 4 lyfe :eonwe:

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

kalstrams posted:

There's a way to respect through special items, not sure how to get them without cash.
Main quests do not walk you through buying a house. There's no reason to set up house in the first town since you aren't going to stick around it for too long, and houses here can be changed straightforwardly.
Whichever you want.

So you think it's better to wait until 50 or something before setting up workers and all that?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

CrashCat posted:

anyone without a six sigma black belt is gonna be blue skied right out of our highly elite synergistic guild. lean 4 lyfe :eonwe:
We can not achieve agile progress of our energetic guild in this contemporary world without taking deep, linearized, but yet explosive dive into the environment surrounding it, lest disruptions be inevitable.

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused

Alexander DeLarge posted:

How difficult is it to get that particular fish?

About 1-2 hours of afk fishing will probably net you one.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LegalPad posted:

So you think it's better to wait until 50 or something before setting up workers and all that?
I plan to rush 50+ on release so I can help with late-game guild stuff early on, since I am not sure how interested I am in crafting/trading hijinks, and if I take my time on release to figure that out, as I think then I will have to fight through the spots with the bulk of players, more than if I was one of the rushing sperglords. I do not think that it is a good approach to start a character, but that's what I usually do in KMMOs.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

you honestly don't remember exactly how bad wushus UI was. It was way worse than this.

I personally am going to be unpacking the files and modifying the UI, possible bans be damned.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Feedz made it to 50 in CBT1 in two days. Pretty sure there are going to be too many people like that.

Drinkfist stopped at the first major town in CBT1 and did all the side quests. In two days with about the same play time he made it to 18.

The town has lots of side quests and those are only there to help you with the node crafting system, lore, and feel of the game. When a granny says pick up this grain sack and bring it over to me since I am too old, it gives a nice feel to the game.

Combat as a knight is fun. But as for pvp, feedz has said there isn't a lot due to how neutered the game is. GvG is the only real thing at higher levels besides ganking people at arenas, traders, or grinding post 50.

From playing with the nodes, you don't need to touch those for awhile, but you can. The furniture bits are cool, so is decorating your place. Beds give you more energy if you rest in them. Cooking seems neat but labor intensive. Crafting weapons doesn't seem to bad but it looks like later towns just have better crafted gear.

tl;dr It doesn't look like a bad game, but not sure about pvp or griefing potential

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
My evil navi black poo poo thing just grew teeth and a forehead tattoo. Things creepin' me out.