Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I love LoB's posts here. Could ease up a little, like LITERALLY A BIRD said, but he's the hero we need.

It's even better if you hang out other threads he's involved in, you see the avatar and expect absolute lunacy... But it's just a post about Magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Serperoth posted:

I love LoB's posts here. Could ease up a little, like LITERALLY A BIRD said, but he's the hero we need.

It's even better if you hang out other threads he's involved in, you see the avatar and expect absolute lunacy... But it's just a post about Magic.

It's all magic.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don't, I'm just pointing out that him being told to cut it out has been brought up plenty of times already. I don't care either way, but his posts are a pain when you're reading on your phone and it turns into a scrollfest. It's like reading GBS.

You do care, though. We know this because you're posting about it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

By that logic you super care about my supposed caring. Not everyone in this thread is gnashing at their teeth with insanely high BP, desperate to be angry about womething. It just amused me that the dude has been told a dozen times to cut it and he'll just ignore it again. I'm sorry if it upsets you that it doesn't bother me to any degree more than pointing this out in a brief aside. It must kill you that I don't have any ill feeling towards the guy, I just don't need to see massive walls every day and the ignore feature does a pretty good job of dealing with that.

Until someone quotes the whole thing. Curse them!

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

EL BROMANCE posted:

By that logic you super care about my supposed caring. Not everyone in this thread is gnashing at their teeth with insanely high BP, desperate to be angry about womething. It just amused me that the dude has been told a dozen times to cut it and he'll just ignore it again. I'm sorry if it upsets you that it doesn't bother me to any degree more than pointing this out in a brief aside. It must kill you that I don't have any ill feeling towards the guy, I just don't need to see massive walls every day and the ignore feature does a pretty good job of dealing with that.

yeah but are you gay or bi?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'm not mad. I'm laughing, really.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

BobbyK posted:

yeah but are you gay or bi?

It's 2016 guy, let's not limit ourself to such outdated black and white labels.

I'm a pan otherkin with demisexual tendancies. Despite not having any real clue if any of that makes sense or even what it means. Maybe I need to start a tumblr and work out who I really am under this White cis het shell I've been burdened with.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i'm a rhino

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

EL BROMANCE posted:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I wonder how many times that floating torso dropped the card.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

:stare:

Anyway:

I think if you're that dedicated to being a racist, you can really find material anywhere. Innocuous story about goat farming? MUSLIMS

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

EL BROMANCE posted:

Despite having 70 posts in this thread, I have never posted any content. I just discovered the tumblr mock thread from 2012 and believe the jokes from it are still fresh. My sexual identity was turned into a meme by idiots. I was once carded trying to buy liquor, which is a violation of my civil rights. Kpop is good

No. Just an ungrateful Dindu. Didn't get a nomination. Wife started poo poo, couldn't let his wife have bigger balls than him, so now he's gotta make that big deal out of poo poo. 🙄

they live better off in 'racist white america' than anywhere else in the world

He's so overrated!! Last 4 movies a bomb, pathetic attempt at a accent...was hilarious!! Note to Crybaby Will...call up IDRIS...take notes you untalented gently caress!!

$250 mill...green light to rape white women....being able to be dumb as gently caress but still be considered smart.....hmm blacks are really oppressed these days huh?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Did I hit a nerve or something? Jesus, is all of PYF as whiny as this thread? Sweet use of pressing the 'show all posts by this user' button. I'd do the same to you except 1. That's so lame, 2. You've new he expressed any real opinion because you think your posting gimmick is so amazing, and 3. You play Magic and that's a joke in itself.

And yeah I posted content in the last thread, although admittedly not much because I don't befriend people with lovely opinions about race and sexuality. You might remember the last thread well, as your posting was a big contribution as to why it was closed down.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

Did I hit a nerve or something? Jesus, is all of PYF as whiny as this thread? Sweet use of pressing the 'show all posts by this user' button. I'd do the same to you except 1. That's so lame, 2. You've new he expressed any real opinion because you think your posting gimmick is so amazing, and 3. You play Magic and that's a joke in itself.

And yeah I posted content in the last thread, although admittedly not much because I don't befriend people with lovely opinions about race and sexuality. You might remember the last thread well, as your posting was a big contribution as to why it was closed down.

I hope you take it in the friendly spirit in which it's intended when I say I think you might need to step away from the internet for a couple hours.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dogfish posted:

I hope you take it in the friendly spirit in which it's intended when I say I think you might need to step away from the internet for a couple hours.

I've not taken anything in any spirit other than friendly.. why is it presumed that if you post in here you're angry about something? Is that the standard feeling in PYF? Genuine question, I don't read this subform much but I know it has a... reputation. A reminder that all I wrote was:

EL BROMANCE posted:

I think that post has been made by yourself or other mods about 10 times in this thread. He usually then goes on to post 3 walls in a single page. Thank god for the ignore button.

and then the person in question took such offence that he went through my post history for the thread, read it all, and cut me a sick burn in a fake quote he presumed I wouldn't read. That's not normal behaviour! Lets just say I'm glad I didn't write anything actually mean or he might dox me and kill my dog or something.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

/\/\/\/\ Holy poo poo.

CommonShore posted:

I've noticed that most of his biggest walls of text come up as a way to end derails. The more content that the thread provides, the shorter his posts. He's a necessary force of nature.

So if you're on your phone you either get 3 screens of not-IOSM or 3 screens of LoB extreme IOSM.

LoB IS the hero this thread needs.

RFC2324 has a new favorite as of 18:30 on Feb 18, 2016

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

coming from inside the thread etc etc.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Look at all those words you typed to lottery of babylon

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Travis343 posted:

Look at all those words you typed to lottery of babylon

Argh! Trap sprung.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

You're having an Internet slapfight with a dude who only communicates via racist Facebook posts though

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My previous post is genuine, I have indeed been drawn into exactly what you said. I should possibly be honoured that the only words he's ever written in this thread (to my knowledge) were about me. My main confusion is about why people cared so much about my original one line post, but hey. I'm as bored of the derail myself, so I scoured Facebook to get around it and remembered I saw this going around yesterday. I presume the guy is a public figure who wants the fame for shaming a bunch of children doing stupid things kids do, so I can't be bothered to censor his name.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

EL BROMANCE posted:

I've not taken anything in any spirit other than friendly.. why is it presumed that if you post in here you're angry about something? Is that the standard feeling in PYF? Genuine question, I don't read this subform much but I know it has a... reputation. A reminder that all I wrote was:

and then the person in question took such offence that he went through my post history for the thread, read it all, and cut me a sick burn in a fake quote he presumed I wouldn't read. That's not normal behaviour! Lets just say I'm glad I didn't write anything actually mean or he might dox me and kill my dog or something.

Leave the lovely blocks of text to LoB, guy

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Stop caring so much!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I don't like LOB's schtick either but right now you're way more annoying than he is.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Obumer is a loving trader rear end Muslim him self we need to eradicate them all the world an exspechly the sheep will be able to sleep in peace not having to worry if a stinking dirty rear end Muslims trying to rape them!!!!!!!!!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

At least the emoji is cute :kimchi:

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
EL BROMANCE, just be happy that this was your official goon meltdown instead of something way more embarrassing.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

americannews.com

:allears: Every public piece of Trump stuff on FB is gold.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Somebody photoshop this guy standing on an American flag tia

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
So in the wake of Kanye asking for money on twitter, several racist poors IOSMs are setting up their OWN gofundmes. Clearly because they are so generous and want to dispurse [sic] the money to various charities.

Full disclosure, I know this guy, we aren't friends anymore on facebook but he posts everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) publicly. He's a literal drunken 40 something with no job who begs for poo poo on the internet through a new scam every couple of weeks.

Edited regardless.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

hanales posted:

So in the wake of Kanye asking for money on twitter, several racist poors IOSMs are setting up their OWN gofundmes. Clearly because they are so generous and want to dispurse [sic] the money to various charities.

Full disclosure, I know this guy, we aren't friends anymore on facebook but he posts everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) publicly. He's a literal drunken 40 something with no job who begs for poo poo on the internet through a new scam every couple of weeks.

Edited regardless.

This isn't actually a terrible idea because, if you follow the Idiots on Imgur thread, there are many people who abhor Kanye and at least one of these crowdfunding campaigns has a shot at getting some money from idiots (especially with an anti-Kanye title). We're talking about the same funding sources that gave thousands of dollars to potato salad, with the added fuel of nerd rage. I wouldn't be surprised (but would be disappointed) if an anti-Kanye fund ends up going relatively viral.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

This isn't actually a terrible idea because, if you follow the Idiots on Imgur thread, there are many people who abhor Kanye and at least one of these crowdfunding campaigns has a shot at getting some money from idiots (especially with an anti-Kanye title). We're talking about the same funding sources that gave thousands of dollars to potato salad, with the added fuel of nerd rage. I wouldn't be surprised (but would be disappointed) if an anti-Kanye fund ends up going relatively viral.

I agree, just this one won't, as all his friends are sick of giving him money/food/booze/things.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

EL BROMANCE posted:

It just amused me that the dude has been told a dozen times to cut it and he'll just ignore it again.

In fairness I don't want him to cut it out, I like his posts :allears: I just like them more when they aren't 1300+ words at a time.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

In fairness I don't want him to cut it out, I like his posts :allears: I just like them more when they aren't 1300+ words at a time.

I feel like an idiot for not catching the gimmick earlier but now he's an absolute hero :allears:

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Oh hey, someone on my Facebook also just started a "Give money to me instead of Kanye" GoFundMe.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

So he's French now. On top of Muslim, not American, Kenyan, Satan Land, wherever black people and rap comes from.

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

cash crab posted:

Please don't take this as an attack on your point, but I've found a lot of the reasoning some people go through is, "I've never seen this person with a member of the same sex, and therefore they are probably one of those fake bisexuals" and I feel like it can be a little more complicated than that. Even if you're 10% attracted to people of the same sex, but would prefer a opposite sex partner, you're still a bisexual*, in that you are attracted to more than one sex. Moreover, at least from a personal standpoint, I grew up with a lot of homophobic friends/acquaintances/family and the idea of having to come out to any of them still paralyzes me into not pursuing any long-term or super public relationships with the same sex.

*: Unless, for whatever reason, you don't feel like you want to identify that way.

So I had a very eloquent response but my browser crashed, so I'll simplify. You and some of the other folks who responded to my post are in the right. It's entirely more complicated than I (poorly) expressed. Anyone who feels attraction to both sexes is absolutely welcome to call themselves bisexual. My one annoyance is with those rare people who try to jump on the bandwagon of 'specialness' that the LGBT community offers, and as a grumpy dyke I feel uncomfortable when someone labels themselves bisexual because they kissed a girl once, never really intending to do so again. These people do exist, and although it's none of my drat business what they do, I feel as though it somehow detracts from the real and dangerous struggles LGBT folks go through. Even though I know it's silly, and I shouldn't care. But I think it's part of the reason I feel weird using 'bisexual' as a self-identifier. It's a gut reaction, and not really applicable to the intricacies of how the world works, and I'm already sorry for re-starting this derail.

Also, cash crab, I'm truly sorry to hear about your situation, boning-wise. It just goes to show how truly complicated sexuality is, and why we shouldn't pretend to know what's going on in someone's brain and pants.

To compliment my babbling, I offer this controversial gem, because it always makes me laugh:

http://41.media.tumblr.com/5e736612510bd6858d507b0f4e95f902/tumblr_n8o8ncOrV21srok51o2_r1_1280.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

LoB posts are best as small and rare treats, like a fine dessert after a good meal as opposed to huge and frequent like a 50 gallon drum of chocolate pudding you cram in your face by the handful.