Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jenny Angel posted:

I had a lot of fun with Heroes Charge but always wished there were more direct control options, so this looks right up my alley. Just started today, my ally code is 187-157-239.

Added you, enjoy the max level friend, champ :unsmith::hf::frogsiren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Chilichimp posted:

Same, enjoy the level 1 Vader or whoever the game sees fit to pick as there is no way to select your shared hero :v:

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

I feel so powerful and beloved

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Dooku at 5 now, having his Cantina and HM modes all unlocked sure speeds things up. One day soon I'll be able to field the ultimate rear end in a top hat team of Phasma+Daka+Dooku. Maybe throw in Poe... or is there anyone else that's more annoying? Some Ewok rezzing fucker?

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Pimpmust posted:

Dooku at 5 now, having his Cantina and HM modes all unlocked sure speeds things up. One day soon I'll be able to field the ultimate rear end in a top hat team of Phasma+Daka+Dooku. Maybe throw in Poe... or is there anyone else that's more annoying? Some Ewok rezzing fucker?

I've got that team. I'm currently using Lumi and QGJ, but I'm thinking of switching Lumi to either GS or ST Han. Han is definitely the more annoying prospect, especially paired with Poe. I can't think of anything more annoying than a CC team amp'd up by turn meter fuckery. It probably isn't terribly effective in terms of ~the meta~, but it seems like a lot of fun.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pimpmust posted:

Doesn't resistance pilot's basic reduce turn meter?

Seems like a winner for that comp.

Also, yeah, I'd totally use a Poe to protect Daka.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Nah, resistance pilot's basic increases his own turn meter.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tagichatn posted:

Nah, resistance pilot's basic increases his own turn meter.

Oh, so like Dooku, in that regard. Still through, he'd be a mean deeps for that assist team.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Think I fought that team yesterday and it was destroyed by my ghetto Poe of Poe, Lum, Sid, Kylo, Phasma lead. I focused my Poe went first, I focused his Poe and blocked Han. Then killed Dakka.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hughlander posted:

Think I fought that team yesterday and it was destroyed by my ghetto Poe of Poe, Lum, Sid, Kylo, Phasma lead. I focused my Poe went first, I focused his Poe and blocked Han. Then killed Dakka.

yeah, but I mean, the only teams you can't beat are the qui-gon lead super whales with leia and FOTP's blowing your dudes on before you ever click an ability.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
After I read that the first chromium card is a guaranteed character, I bought one.

I got Luke.

Who is one of three chars I have 7*'d already :negative:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I got Ewok Scout :suicide:

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?
The visible rosters in Arena has really taken its toll, the non-Poe teams I'd see in top 20 all the time have fallen off the radar. Kinda sad actually, there was one guy rocking a Nightsisters team with Asajj lead, he consistently stayed top 20 every day and climbed into top 5 often. His team has easy to beat (Nightsisters after all) but now that his full team is exposed he got crabbed all the way down to top 200. That + roster parity as the cap stays level makes holding place very tough these days

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Although visible teams is a big factor, they also shrunk the number of places you can attack ahead of you in the top 50, which means how far you can advance without spending crystals shrinks, while the number of spots you can fall while on defense hasn't changed, so it is really easy to drop 30-40 spots and only be able to climb back 20-25.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

overdesigned posted:

After I read that the first chromium card is a guaranteed character, I bought one.

I got Luke.

Who is one of three chars I have 7*'d already :negative:

I got Eeth Koth, which I'm pretty happy about. That's five fewer shipments I'll need for him.

Today I got three stars on the Dark Side FOTP shard mission. Thank you based Daka for reviving Vader 3 times in one fight. Light side one is probably a fair ways off but I'll get it eventually.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

I'm building a droid squad, I have both Daka and JC at 5*. Daka's better to pair with the crew, right? (IG86, IG88, HK47, Poggle when I unlock him)?

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Pimpmust posted:

I run

Phasma
Dooku
Poe
Daka
Genos

With everyone except Dooku and Poe at 7*. Power level is only like 25k with everyone around me at like 27-28k of maxed out dudes.

Its such a RNG based bullshit stun team that I've never dropped out of the top 8 especially in the Jedi heavy meta. I can't imagine any of the whales wanting to deal with it when there are more reliable wins they can take.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Kegslayer posted:

I run

Phasma
Dooku
Poe
Daka
Genos

With everyone except Dooku and Poe at 7*. Power level is only like 25k with everyone around me at like 27-28k of maxed out dudes.

Its such a RNG based bullshit stun team that I've never dropped out of the top 8 especially in the Jedi heavy meta. I can't imagine any of the whales wanting to deal with it when there are more reliable wins they can take.

Once I've finished with QGJ, I'm going to get Daka to 7 and run the same but replace GS with QGJ. I can pretty reliably win at the top levels, but especially lately, I've been dropping 30 ranks overnight...running Sid, Lumi, Poe, R. Pilot, Poggle.

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

schmitty9800 posted:

I'm building a droid squad, I have both Daka and JC at 5*. Daka's better to pair with the crew, right? (IG86, IG88, HK47, Poggle when I unlock him)?

Droids + Poggle + Daka is what I run for arena and it's been great so far. I'm easily hanging in the low 100s and I didn't even hit level 70 until last night. Her res chance is great for when 88 gets focused down (because he's the glassest cannon) and her stuns come in handy a lot, but based on this thread and the top teams on my server I might switch her out for Poe eventually. In any case, she's definitely better for that team than JC. DarkSide4Lyfe

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Just had a match where more enemy GS hit my FOTP for 11.9k on the first move of the match. No buffs. No clue how the gently caress that's even possible. I still won but what the gently caress is that?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Zotix posted:

Just had a match where more enemy GS hit my FOTP for 11.9k on the first move of the match. No buffs. No clue how the gently caress that's even possible. I still won but what the gently caress is that?

Poggle lead? +25% offense

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Poggle assist? +50% offense

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I've never seen mine do over 6.9k. Their Numbers are just hosed.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Took a real look at what I was doing in the game now, two months on. Didn't have any gear left to grind for my A team except the 50 piece ones so I added Barriss and JC dailies on top of my FOTP etc to speed up the 7* grind for Yoda. Still didn't have any Barriss shards at all and a star and a half to go for JC, so basically I'd be sitting there pressing Sim for an entire month before seeing the actual benefit for it, my arena team works fantastic already so who knows what I'm really getting out of going for Yoda in the first place, and my Galactic War is just an annoying grind for shards of characters I don't even want since I've 7*d Lumi and Phasma, got Poggle and am now just ranking up resistance pilot as the next best option there.

Removed my shortcut for the game, deleted Bluestacks and now have it relegated to maybe doing some pvp when I'm doing a train trip to help kill time. It was a good two months though, enjoyed it immensely until I finally realised I don't want to keep pushing progress bars up that don't mean anything.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I've switched over to future fight at this point primarily. I still do what I need to in swgoh but Holy poo poo does future fight have loads more to do compared to goh. This is a game that could be great but greed got in the way. Another bad SW game to a growing list.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No X-Men no good.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Zotix posted:

I've switched over to future fight at this point primarily. I still do what I need to in swgoh but Holy poo poo does future fight have loads more to do compared to goh. This is a game that could be great but greed got in the way. Another bad SW game to a growing list.
I'm almost afraid to ask but what's the formula for Future Fight? Is it the stupid base building clash of clans poo poo or more like this game where you collect pokemons

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Pokémon. No base building. Right now is apparently a great time to start as well. New players basically get a 6* after a week of logging in.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Future Fight's one of those brainless button masher kinds where you enter a level and walk around killing stuff Diablo-like.

They had Avengers Alliance Tactics that was the Clash of Clans alike, but it shut down.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Goh is pretty brainless too, because RNG either favors you.. Or it fucks you.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
This game has me by my addict nerve and I loving hate that about it.

jpparker55
Jun 4, 2007

Zotix posted:

Pokémon. No base building. Right now is apparently a great time to start as well. New players basically get a 6* after a week of logging in.

What 6* is this? I'm definitely doing something wrong :/

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
How the gently caress do you 3 star the last light side hard mission on 6? Obi wan to block all the abilities?

This is the one for Poggle.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

jpparker55 posted:

What 6* is this? I'm definitely doing something wrong :/

I don't want to derail this thread but if you start now you get a 4* ticket at day 4. A 5* ticket at day 6, and a 6* ticket at day 7. So as long as you get someone to 3* you can take them to 6* after the first week.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I'm getting RNGed in arena so hard today. I've had 3 battles against a Dooku today, and in all of them, he started with a double stun.
Then, and they may have changed how targeting works or something, but my R. Pilot has been focused in every single fight, so if for some reason Poe doesn't get his taunt off early (like opposing Poe or Dooku double stun), RP is dying before he gets a turn.

I need to hurry up and go QGJ, Rey, Lumi, Dooku, Daka.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Munkaboo posted:

How the gently caress do you 3 star the last light side hard mission on 6? Obi wan to block all the abilities?

This is the one for Poggle.

Bring/borrow Barris, Luminara, JC, 2 random (Jedi preffered) and auto through.

Just like any other light side mission.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Zotix posted:

I don't want to derail this thread but if you start now you get a 4* ticket at day 4. A 5* ticket at day 6, and a 6* ticket at day 7. So as long as you get someone to 3* you can take them to 6* after the first week.

You need like 640 shards to 6* a character in Future Fight, so them giving out these free rank up tickets for a week is pretty great for new players. They just updated the game with Carnage and new players get make him their first 6* within a week.

For the moment GoH is basically just log in, GW for an hour, spam sims, and check it every so often for the free energy. Future Fight is much more involved since it has so much to do.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Does the game have a guild function and if so at what level can you join a guild? I don't see where it even is in the game.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tony Homo posted:

Does the game have a guild function and if so at what level can you join a guild? I don't see where it even is in the game.

It doesn't, just ally list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Zotix posted:

I had played this a lot a while back, from launch to a few months in, and then I checked it out again a few weeks back. It got to be too much work and grinding for my tastes. Grew bored and moved on. And while there is definitely loads of stuff to do in FF, you should have seen it at launch. It's about 90000000 times better now. Devs are much better than CG/EA about doing pro-player things and adding content, but I read the last few upgrades have been pretty anti-player. Maybe I'll check back in on it and check it out again. Hope my VIP carried over!

Edit: I think I mentioned this before, but if you like PvP at all, then check out Clash Royale. I've been addicted since soft launch.

commish fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 19, 2016

• Locked thread