Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Mirificus posted:

I wanted drama and cognitive dissonance for free and that is exactly what I'm getting.

I'm happy to subsidise this (for less than the cost of a normal vidya game).

1997 was the year I discovered trance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Nemesis was a turd, but it wasn't quite as stinky as the previous film. That was pure unfiltered sewerage.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Busted, EightAce. Threat report to follow.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Woot! 1997!

Also the year that movie came out where everyone went to space and tore their eyeballs out.

I think we did a star citizen thing with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-AJ9d6A2Yk

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

Here's a job that you would do in the STIMPIRE. Only you'd be naked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NxOYkw2z54

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck, at least each bee only stings you once. :gonk:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

alphabettitouretti posted:

Nemesis was a turd, but it wasn't quite as stinky as the previous film. That was pure unfiltered sewerage.

I felt that all of the Next Generation films were pretty bad. First Contact at least had a measure of production value and a few moments where they allowed it to be fun. Before they went back to Picard being angry and trying to be in a terrible action film anyways.

e; but now it's 1997 and that's Starship Troopers. Which was very good.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

I dunno where this narrative of goons not getting what they wanted started. Some idiot was going on about that in the comments of an article about Star Citizen as well. What is it we're not getting that we wanted? I must have missed a memo.

It's an extension of the whole “CRobber is saving PC gaming” narrative.

The Nasty Evil Big Publishers™ are apparently scared out of their minds that SC will come along an ruin everything forever for them, when Chris proves that they are no longer needed. They are therefore waging a shadow war against all things CIG to try to get the game to fail. Consequently, anything and anyone that suggests that SC might fail is implicitly working for or otherwise doing the bidding of the NEBP™. D_Smart is critical against Chris, so he's obviously a NEBP™ stooge in sheep's indy clothing, and all goons are his cohort.

So therefore, by expressing doubt in the salvation of PC gaming at the hands of our lord and saviour Christ Roberts, goons are obviously trying to destroy SC — it is all we ever want out of life. The true believers must thus ensure that we never get what we (and our indirect NEBP™ overlords) want.

…or some such…

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

I completely agree - if I think about this too much more today I might remove my OWN skeleton.

Thank you commando, with that said, meeting adjourned.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/46fxkt/new_to_reddit_thought_this_was_an_official_forum/

:laugh: Sorry

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

These guys don't have the same sane and healthy relationship to The Thread that we do

I worry

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Go ahead and be sad you pussy

I don't regret a single post read (except for seraph)

o9 commandos

I'm scared of the stimpire.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Haha that oughta hurt so bad

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Dusty Lens posted:

I felt that all of the Next Generation films were pretty bad. First Contact at least had a measure of production value and a few moments where they allowed it to be fun. Before they went back to Picard being angry and trying to be in a terrible action film anyways.

e; but now it's 2007 and that's Starship Troopers. Which was very good.

The thing I remember most from that really terrible Next Gen movie is the bit where they drain the lake to reveal the hidden ship. For one thing, who on this nearly empty planet put a plughole in a lake. And who the gently caress thought to keep that ship in a lake, why not just stick it somewhere else on the planet that's nearly empty? And when they drain the lake Professor X and Co walk out onto a jetty, which would have previously been underwater. It's some Crobber level story. Absolute bollocks.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck, at least each bee only stings you once. :gonk:

Those are wasps bro. They can sting you all day long.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
i like when picard was driving the dune buggy around and giving hell to that primitive race of mad max-esque dudes

gently caress you prime directive

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

if you're reading this Mr star citizen I am open to being hired to read threads on Something Awful Dot Com

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

You actually do get more views than Dolvak

lol

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
i think p.2000 should be exclusively dedicated to sandy

but not in that creepy omg look at how this woman looks way

because there's a ton of non-creepy material to work with. like, a real lot

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Tippis posted:

The Nasty Evil Big Publishers™ are apparently scared out of their minds that SC will come along an ruin everything forever for them, when Chris proves that they are no longer needed. They are therefore waging a shadow war against all things CIG to try to get the game to fail. Consequently, anything and anyone that suggests that SC might fail is implicitly working for or otherwise doing the bidding of the NEBP™. D_Smart is critical against Chris, so he's obviously a NEBP™ stooge in sheep's indy clothing, and all goons are his cohort.

So therefore, by expressing doubt in the salvation of PC gaming at the hands of our lord and saviour Christ Roberts, goons are obviously trying to destroy SC — it is all we ever want out of life. The true believers must thus ensure that we never get what we (and our indirect NEBP™ overlords) want.

…or some such…

I enjoy playing PC games today am I doing something wrong? :ohdear:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

DOMDOM posted:

i like when picard was driving the dune buggy around and giving hell to that primitive race of mad max-esque dudes

gently caress you prime directive

Yeah what the gently caress was that. Who were those guys, why were robot parts just scattered all over the place (movie's over pretty quick if they don't detect it), why did the shuttle have a car in the back. You've got a loving space ship why are you getting out and driving around.

I know poking holes in star trek stories is like picking a fight with a brain damaged quadruple amputee, but still. It's insulting to your audience if you can't even figure out a basic action story that hasn't got more holes than a colander.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Actual SC game builds are around 200gb... and they are sharing 15 to 24 builds A DAY between the studios!

I have no words :psyduck:

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Yeah what the gently caress was that. Who were those guys, why were robot parts just scattered all over the place (movie's over pretty quick if they don't detect it), why did the shuttle have a car in the back. You've got a loving space ship why are you getting out and driving around.

I know poking holes in star trek stories is like picking a fight with a brain damaged quadruple amputee, but still. It's insulting to your audience if you can't even figure out a basic action story that hasn't got more holes than a colander.

because rick berman is a loving rear end in a top hat

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

You actually do get more views than Dolvak

lol

Yeah, ha ha, that'll sting :D

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Chairman Wao posted:

I enjoy playing PC games today am I doing something wrong? :ohdear:

Yes!
Heresy!
There are no PC games worth playing! That is why Chris is inventing every good mechanic anew!
Burn the witch!
etc etc

Most likely, neither he nor CIG knows anything about game development.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

This guys mind would be blown if you told him what a network was and that you don't have to take that Powerpoint presentation down to Sandra in HR on a USB stick anymore Dave goddamn it son get with the times

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I wish page 2000 was over with so you guys could stop with the boring year references

fukkin millennials

There's importanter poo poo going unposted you know

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I wish page 2000 was over with so you guys could stop with the boring year references

fukkin millennials

2018 onwards will be a year by year history of the stimpire.

Buckle up commando.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Tippis posted:

…or some such…
lol didn't CRobbers say that the backers would be treated like publishers with regards to updates and nobody said "but wait a minute you said you hate publishers!"

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Wow, hourly updated full game builds! That sounds so impressive and not at all horribly inefficient!

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

he's right it is impressive...impressively dumb!!!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Dolvak strikes again lol

:rip:

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

fukkin millennials

page 2008

pointless shitposter joins SA

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dolvak strikes again lol

:rip:

I don;t understand reddit at all, has something happened?

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

peter gabriel posted:

I don;t understand reddit at all, has something happened?

Dolvak Reaped again

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

Beet Wagon posted:

Unremitting horror

gently caress sake man

Also in 1997, we had Fallout, Dungeon Keeper and Total Annihilation.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

come on 2000 I have a post I want to make

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Can you prove that CIG hasn't already finished Star Citizen and all 3 episodes of Squadron 42 and are just sitting on it to make Derek Smart look like a fool? Yeah... right... I didn't think so... :smugdog:

e: I just re-read this, twice. This man is probably the biggest idiot in all Star Citizendom and that's saying a lot.

e2: gently caress... :thejoke: ? Am i being trolled? Why isn't there a :poeslaw:?

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Feb 18, 2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Chairman Wao posted:

Dolvak Reaped again

OK, but I still see it? Is that how it works?
Having used the place for a few days now it seems like some kind of perfectly designed Passive Aggressive Machine, it's really really odd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Looks like Intardnation wants to join Derek's Smarties

• Locked thread