Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

That Resident Evil 6(?) poster makes me wonder why they haven't crossed the series over with Underworld yet.
Only if Aaron Eckhart shows up as Frankenstein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Harlock posted:

Only if Aaron Eckhart shows up as Frankenstein

Hell throw Luke Evans in there too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Isn't Universal actually rebooting their Monsters stuff with an eye for a crossover movie?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Aphrodite posted:

Isn't Universal actually rebooting their Monsters stuff with an eye for a crossover movie?

I, Frankenstein, Victor Frankenstein, and Dracula Untold were those attempts.

You know, those movies no one saw and no one remembers.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Dracula Untold made me feel really bad for those bats that Dracula had beat themselves to death against enemy soldiers. That wasn't their war, Dracula :colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I remember I, Frankenstein because the Spanish title was Yo, Frankenstein, which sounds like the best 80s comedy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The Frankenstein ones are Lakeshore and Fox actually.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Vegetable posted:

Man I can't believe they actually put the word "rape" on the poster, especially in that tongue-in-cheek way. This'd never fly today.

The '70s were a weird time.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Sir Kodiak posted:

Dracula Untold made me feel really bad for those bats that Dracula had beat themselves to death against enemy soldiers. That wasn't their war, Dracula :colbert:

John Tepes, your Limit gauge has filled. Press L3+R3 to unleash a devastating Bat Fist.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

DRACULA UNTOLD had that stuff added in last minute, so you have Charles Dance throwing out a line about other things happening elsewhere.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I vaguely remember it as Dance looking at Evans in a current day setting and saying something like "the game is on". But yeah, they wanted to go Marvel with that poo poo.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

It's funny that American Werewolf in London's werewolf design was so loving awesome that any werewolf that doesn't at least stick to the basic idea looks totally lame and wrong to me.

An American Werewolf in London is a classic, but only four short years later Silver Bullet came out and became the definitive werewolf movie, dawg.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Goofy film but those mass transformation scenes are killer.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Welp:

Looks more like a Portal movie to me.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
That's a nice-looking poster for a 2016 movie prominently featuring Tom Sizemore

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Based on the plot synopsis on IMDB, it's not based on the game. Besides, half life is already a scientific term. Valve didn't invent it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
We're just having fun.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

The Movie With the Long Title Full of Words and a Picture of a Woman With Glasses and a Gun

I think it's based on a book of the same name, but still.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Based on the plot synopsis on IMDB, it's not based on the game. Besides, half life is already a scientific term. Valve didn't invent it.

Besides, if it were that Half-Life, we'd probably get a teaser first that would involve either a lambda symbol or a crowbar, or both.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Vagabundo posted:

Besides, if it were that Half-Life, we'd probably get a teaser first that would involve either a lambda symbol or a crowbar, or both.

Or something involving Black Mesa.

Anat has called a big one.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 18, 2016

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Also they would probably just call the movie Black Mesa

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Maybe now that this turd popped up and stole the thunder, otherwise they'd never sacrifice the branding of the best video game ever made.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

They're still at it. Johnny Depp is rumored to have been cast as The Invisible Man.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Palpek posted:

This is the Egypt I remember from history books:

YEEEE HAAAW

At least there's a black person on the poster :sigh:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

King Vidiot posted:

The Movie With the Long Title Full of Words and a Picture of a Woman With Glasses and a Gun

I think it's based on a book of the same name, but still.

Jane's The Lady In The Car With Glasses And A Gun

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Palpek posted:

Also:

Since the White Stripes music video this just keeps coming back in graphic design whenever somebody feels like it hasn't been done for some time now.

They just keep coming....

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Waffleman_ posted:

It was already pretty obvious from the poster that it's not based on the game, jeez I wanted to make a Portal aesthetic joke.
It's already a year of the triangle and it's only February.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Anyway

They missed the opportunity of photoshopping that dog into the first 2 posters too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This is one Fuller show I hope does get canceled in its first season.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I assume the series is about their extended families being forced to share the home because it's impossible to live in SF otherwise.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I assume the series is about their extended families being forced to share the home because it's impossible to live in SF otherwise.

It's actually the exact same setup as the original, except this time one of the daughters' spouse dies.

Edit: Like to the point that she also brings her sibling and best friend in to the house to help her.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 18, 2016

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Aphrodite posted:

It's actually the exact same setup as the original, except this time one of the daughters' spouse dies.

That's kind of a cheap trick to pull. I hope they make a bunch of mean jokes about that.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

gently caress all yall who aint excited about Fuller House and sexy-rear end Aunt Becky back in the spotlight.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LOL at people who didn't see any of the press releases that the old cast members are only in one episode each for like 30 seconds.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

That's kind of a cheap trick to pull. I hope they make a bunch of mean jokes about that.

They're not going for a post-modern, wink-wink nudge-nudge, Arrested Development-esque take on "Hey, weren't 80's sitcoms dumb!". They're playing it straight like this was just another season of the original show.

Watch the latest trailer they put out, it's beyond cringe-worthy.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

LOL at people who didn't see any of the press releases that the old cast members are only in one episode each for like 30 seconds.

You mean besides the now-grown-up kids, right?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

You Don't
Get To
500 Million
Viewers
Without Cancelling
A Few
Shows

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

They're not going for a post-modern, wink-wink nudge-nudge, Arrested Development-esque take on "Hey, weren't 80's sitcoms dumb!". They're playing it straight like this was just another season of the original show.

Watch the latest trailer they put out, it's beyond cringe-worthy.

Yea this is really a bizarre idea. Full House was not popular with adults in its original run, it was a show adults could tolerate because their kids liked it. The kids of 2016 will not like Full House.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Basebf555 posted:

Yea this is really a bizarre idea. Full House was not popular with adults in its original run, it was a show adults could tolerate because their kids liked it. The kids of 2016 will not like Full House.

It's not aimed at those kids. It's aimed at the now adults who were kids when it originally ran.

Plus Netflix gets the same amount of money whether you sign up for a month and binge it, or sign up for a month then find out you were a gigantic idiot as a child and this is the worst show ever made and give up after 1.