Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

voltcatfish posted:

Mitchie M is far and away the best Vocaloid composer, really.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I have the launch vita model and the adhesive skin thst came with a game is peeling off

are the newer ps vitas the same size as the launch one and will the skin work or am I better off just living with the old one?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Mithaldu posted:

From what i've heard the other games in the S;G series are much more mediocre than this one. Although i'd recommend to not write the VN genre off this quickly. Saying that is kind of like saying "i'll never read comics again". Sure, the wide majority of comics is for children, but there's a steady trickly of simply excellent stories as well. If you can dodge the dating VNs, you can find gems on Steam as well, like for example Analogue - A Hate Story; or Narcissu.

There's also a thread about them here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3705885

I'll check out those recommendations, thanks.

I think DR2 being so bad really burned me out. I'm not swearing off the genre, but it's not my main thing and I don't get into anime so it seemed like there weren't many options left for me. S;G is Japanese as gently caress, but this crazy rear end in a top hat is sending :iceburn: "I don't watch bad anime" emails to children and making fun of his friend for cheating on his cartoon "wives" so I am not completely hating all the stuff that happens in between all the cool stuff in the main plot.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward is pretty good despite the animes. People like to go "NO YOU HAVE TO PLAY THE FIRST GAME FIRST" but I don't really agree.

e: oh you've already played those, hooray I'm useless

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 18, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Despite?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

Despite?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Really Pants posted:

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward is pretty good despite the animes. People like to go "NO YOU HAVE TO PLAY THE FIRST GAME FIRST" but I don't really agree.

Since there's an excellent LP of it, there's no need to play it yourself: http://lparchive.org/999-Nine-Hours-Nine-Persons-Nine-Doors/

Also:

Endorph posted:

Despite?

the truth posted:

I'll check out those recommendations, thanks.

I think DR2 being so bad really burned me out. I'm not swearing off the genre, but it's not my main thing and I don't get into anime so it seemed like there weren't many options left for me. S;G is Japanese as gently caress, but this crazy rear end in a top hat is sending :iceburn: "I don't watch bad anime" emails to children and making fun of his friend for cheating on his cartoon "wives" so I am not completely hating all the stuff that happens in between all the cool stuff in the main plot.

Honestly DR2 is just plain bad story telling. The Danganronpa series is entirely meant to tick the boxes of "favourite character and story cliches" for as many anime fans as possible in one go; while not giving a poo poo about whether the story makes any sense or not.

Also, as far as the "make fun of people" goes. I really liked that it goes in all directions. Okarin, Mayushii, Daru and The Zombie all take turns at getting owned and owning each other and themselves.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

999 is epic and reading an LP is no substitute

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You should actually read 999 because it's amazing and better than VLR

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the puzzles in VLR more but 999 had a better story.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ostentatious posted:

I have the launch vita model and the adhesive skin thst came with a game is peeling off

are the newer ps vitas the same size as the launch one and will the skin work or am I better off just living with the old one?
Adhesive skin? What do you mean? Sounds like something you should buy on Amazon or eBay for five bucks the way you're explaining it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you really should play 999 first imo cause vlr spoils it and it's an actually really good story and reading an lp just does not give you the connection the game needs to make that story work

i've learned to stop judging virtue's last reward as a sequel to 999 and instead judge it as Kotaro Uchikoshi transitioning into making the anime Punchline, and if you think that is a detractor rather than entirely what makes it worth reading you are fuckin' whack

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

CrashCat posted:

Adhesive skin? What do you mean? Sounds like something you should buy on Amazon or eBay for five bucks the way you're explaining it

yeah its like a screen protector that covers the system, and I got it for free which is even better#

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i didn't realize there was a first game so playing VLR was fun but def some of the story reveals had less impact

so yeah play 999 first

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Colonel posted:

you really should play 999 first imo cause vlr spoils it and it's an actually really good story and reading an lp just does not give you the connection the game needs to make that story work

i've learned to stop judging virtue's last reward as a sequel to 999 and instead judge it as Kotaro Uchikoshi transitioning into making the anime Punchline, and if you think that is a detractor rather than entirely what makes it worth reading you are fuckin' whack

I hope we get Punch Line over here.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Takoluka posted:

I hope we get Punch Line over here.

If the VN adds a ton more antics with the characters and a super awesome good ending to unlock that'll pretty much be all I want out of it

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

More Tutorial Cat.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ostentatious posted:

yeah its like a screen protector that covers the system, and I got it for free which is even better#
Go hog wild I guess

http://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Protector-Compatible-Sony-PlayStation-psp/dp/B00QGTUCQG/

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

999 and VLR both owned and I am hype for Zero Time Dillema.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm going to buy it on 3DS sorry everyone

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.
I intended to speak some about this before it was released, but it seems I am late for that.

I am a long term fan of the *-musume genre. Some years back there was a browser game released back in Japan which I wanted to play.
Unfortunately, I no longer have a Japanese Telephone number, now living in the United States, so I was unable to take part in it. However, a while back they announced they would be doing a Vita Port of the game, which would not require an online connection to work. I did not have a Vita at the time, and saw no actual possession in the future.
Mostly ignored it, which was a good thing. It was consistently delayed. So much that many felt it was going to be abandoned.
I then turned to some of the LP on YouTube as well as subtitled the anime adaptation on BluRay, which my wife started watching last night.

Recently, it was confirmed to be finished in January of 2016, and was released yesterday.
I acquired it. I consider it a late Christmas Gift. A friend of mine sent me a gift of funds to renew my JPS+ for 2016 and there was some remaining. I used that funding.
セーノーさん、どうもありがとうございました。

Fleet Girls Collection Vita

I really can not say much about it yet as I am still working on finishing my Steins;Gate game. I require to finish some more endings before I am able to move on.
However, I do intend to invest a good amount of time in the game, and if anyone wants me to speak about it more in the past I can.

The game can be found : https://goo.gl/xVwuAd

edited for formatting to better read on portable devices.

ayukawa fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 18, 2016

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

congratulations guy

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i hope you have fun with kancolle

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm going to buy it on 3DS sorry everyone

I would but it's apparently digital only over here.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

who is your favorite boat girl

the correct answer is kongou but we will accept most answers

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.

Takoluka posted:

Akagi-san of course. Kongou is a little too genki for me.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the only boat girl i know is shimakaze because i helped my buddy win a ufo catcher statue of her. so i guess that one by default

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ayukawa posted:

Akagi-san of course. Kongou is a little too genki for me.

I couldn't find a thumbs-up, so this will have to do.

The White Dragon posted:

the only boat girl i know is shimakaze because i helped my buddy win a ufo catcher statue of her. so i guess that one by default

This is an example of a "wrong answer".

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Takoluka posted:

wo-class

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Takoluka posted:

There`s no accounting for taste.... etc....

Which boatgirl do you think I should like most as a French person?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Takoluka posted:

That lady from JAG I guess

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Saint Freak posted:

That lady from JAG I guess

which one?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Takoluka posted:

The sub with multi-colored hair?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

ayukawa posted:

However, I do intend to invest a good amount of time in the game, and if anyone wants me to speak about it more in the past I can.

Of nothing else, some stories of interesting battles will be fun. :haw:

Takoluka posted:

I couldn't find a thumbs-up, so this will have to do.

I too like lots of the designs that will not get me arrested in public.

Although northern princess is super cute.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Takoluka posted:

which one?

Bell

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's a shame we'll never get an English language release of KanColle, really.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

voltcatfish posted:

The sub with multi-colored hair?

Are you talking about I-19?

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.

Mithaldu posted:

Of nothing else, some stories of interesting battles will be fun. :haw:

Good point. Will be worth that at least.

Mithaldu posted:

I too like lots of the designs that will not get me arrested in public.

Although northern princess is super cute.

There are a lot of really good designs I think.
Akagi-san just appeals to a part of my nature. Not sure I would want to be responsible for feeding her though.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Takoluka posted:

which one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Takoluka posted:

Are you talking about I-19?