Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Yeah, the rarity scale pretty much maps one to one, just need to switch U with SS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

In case it matters to any of you, they also announced a Chinese translation for Star Platinum at Taipei Game Show like the week it was revealed.

Polsy posted:

also watching people hit the 10 button repeatedly without getting SSRs is a good demotivator. I may not be getting any SSRs, but at least I'm not spending money to not get them.

I paid the difference to try for SSR Shiki before the last gacha ended. Got nine rares and an SR that were all duplicates, the summary screen bugged so I couldn't take a demotivating screenshot, and when I fed them all to regular old SR Shiki for a skill improvement, it failed. Don't be me.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I really really really like Nation Blue. It's a good and catchy song without being overly upbeat or cheery in tone.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

the starlight stage reddit is actually prob the best place to get information about the game until you've irreversibly fallen into the CG like me and Polsy have

I'm not even that big on CG, 765Pro will always have my heart but the difference is the regular games are console games and are all about the words so I have to be at home and in the mood to try to translate things.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Evolving or obtaining (can't remember which) cards is bullshit because you need PvP to get some of the required items, but other people can also PvP you to steal your items and why the gently caress am I being forced to PvP in the first place? I don't like PvP, I don't want to PvP.

You're probably thinking of the outfits you have to collect the 6 parts of, to create some unique cards, but a) those cards are all Rare, so they're bad b) you can get all those parts by grinding work instead, anyway.

The only regular PvP is the production battle events, which only apply if you're in a production (granted I quit the game the first time because I wasn't in one and the game is much less interesting to play solo)

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT4OfG0Stto

Who's the chick who sings during 3:38? As in, who does she voice?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT4OfG0Stto

Who's the chick who sings during 3:38? As in, who does she voice?

nvm it's mizuki kawashima

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was confused cause the voice got kinda weird.

EDIT: panda the flip flopper.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Futaba Anzu posted:

nvm it's mizuki kawashima

that 2nd live has mizuki, anya, and koume as new singers with only riina from the original version

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

Going by the setlist, I'd guess that's Kawashima Mizuki.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

graybook posted:

I felt like the reaction was less "wowee that's a lot of money" and more "wowee why'd you stick your hand in the poop pile for information"

nah, it was about the money

In other news, i've started running out of space in SIF.

I am unsure if I should just eat my max bond normals before max leveling them or not. I would prefer to max level them for the album rewards, but it takes a while.. And if I decide to max level them, I think i would start with the worst ones first, because my auto-formed "best" teams aren't even full of awesome chicks yet, so i probably want to keep around the girls who are high on their respective stat even when they aren't high level, since they are better than some of the other girls even if i were to max them, and I feel like if I maxed the "good" normals first i would have to eat them to make room for shittier girls

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Skwee posted:

I am unsure if I should just eat my max bond normals before max leveling them or not. I would prefer to max level them for the album rewards, but it takes a while.. And if I decide to max level them, I think i would start with the worst ones first, because my auto-formed "best" teams aren't even full of awesome chicks yet, so i probably want to keep around the girls who are high on their respective stat even when they aren't high level, since they are better than some of the other girls even if i were to max them, and I feel like if I maxed the "good" normals first i would have to eat them to make room for shittier girls

In JP, I sold off the commonly dropped N idols because I knew I could easily get them back again to make space, and focused solely on leveling Normies instead of Rares and up. Also bought plenty of space, like 30 Lovecas worth. I don't really regret it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also apparently this is a thing. SIF Arcade version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lyIO-thzAk

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Skwee posted:

I bought a bunch of space, and just max lvled/bonded every normal, and then fed them to my main idols. After a month or two of doing that, I have lots of spare space now. Not sure what I'm gonna do for SS yet, since that game doesn't have a convenient indicator.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

man I don't really like these real life lives because they're too dangerously close to real life idols

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Allarion posted:

I bought a bunch of space, and just max lvled/bonded every normal, and then fed them to my main idols. After a month or two of doing that, I have lots of spare space now. Not sure what I'm gonna do for SS yet, since that game doesn't have a convenient indicator.

Indicator of whether you maxed them out? The album does at least give you a count of how many you have maxed out, then you can open your idol list and sort by affection assuming you still have the card. If you don't have the card any more then yeah, there's nothing you can realistically do other than open every single card in the album until you find one where you can't do a replay of the max affection conversation.

Futaba Anzu posted:

man I don't really like these real life lives because they're too dangerously close to real life idols

Yeah, they should just be like this, imo. Or make a second video track on the blu-rays that looks like CGSS 2D mode.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Futaba Anzu posted:

never look up an anime idol song on youtube, because you'll eventually find the concert videos (which are great, because everyone likes live performances), and then you'll realize the comments are talking about [voice actress nickname] and not characters and then you'll realize that yeah, they are idols who also have a 2d version of themselves.

Like an anime otherkin.

There's a concert video from one of the imas annual things and for "Alright*" the singer even did the "yeah~" bit which I thought was hilarious.

Also, I turned on the moving 2d in SS, and I swear the framerate went up from the static ones. Very perplexing.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

MV lyrics are go

https://twitter.com/imascg_stage/statuses/700204842761912320

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I'm already regretting following that gimmick guy on nico nico douga, someone needs to tell him you can stream for more than 30 minutes at a time. Unless maybe that's some kind of premium feature.

book
Nov 29, 2014
And so it begins...goodbye sleep. At least I can play Orgel on master. Consistently hitting that drat slide sequence is another story.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Man, I'm so close to FC'ing all of the Pro songs. Rosenberg Engel's song is giving me trouble though. Those slides at the end have killed my combo so many times now.

Also, on the long road to try tiering for this event. I've got a decent amount of stamina drinks stockpiled already.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sonata Mused posted:

Man, I'm so close to FC'ing all of the Pro songs. Rosenberg Engel's song is giving me trouble though. Those slides at the end have killed my combo so many times now.

I'm 5 or 6 short but somehow I can never actually find all of them, and I'm pretty sure it's not because they're not the limited daily songs. Not too concerned until I can do all the ones I know about, anyway.

I can't even play Orgel right now anyway since my phone's just getting server timeouts whenever I try to do anything involving downloading new content.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Does every Cindy Gals song have a guitar solo?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Nah, you've got Hotel Moonside which gets electronic, and then there's stuff like Happyx2 Days where you get an Anzu complaint solo.

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTUj1r3g5J0

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Polsy posted:

I'm already regretting following that gimmick guy on nico nico douga, someone needs to tell him you can stream for more than 30 minutes at a time. Unless maybe that's some kind of premium feature.

Niconico makes you jump through hoops to do broadcasts longer than 30 minutes. You have to reserve a time slot beforehand and you have to pay points every 30 minutes up to the max of 6 hours. If you forget to extend at the 30 minute mark you lose your slot and have to make a new reservation and time slots are limited depending on the time.

Points are either obtained through through real money or from viewers. Viewers can advertise your broadcast with real money or through the one free advertising ticket Premium users get per month. After a certain amount of advertising points, the broadcaster gets some points which they can use to extend broadcasts. This however means that unless they are a popular broadcast with many regular viewers, they can't extend their broadcasts for long periods of time without paying money out of their pocket.

Also, I think you have to be a Premium user to broadcast in the first place.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Ah, that makes sense. I knew I'd seen regular (non-corporate) users just extend their time when the '5 minutes till the end' marker came up, but I wasn't sure exactly how it worked. Maybe I should push the advertising button sometime, I didn't know it directly benefitted them.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

https://youtu.be/N056nDSr0AY?t=85

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Oh my loving Christ

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Now I want this in the game.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Also apparently this is a thing. SIF Arcade version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lyIO-thzAk

Thank god I don't live in Japan where I could go spend money playing this.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
lmao

i tried the event song on master (using practice ticket)

359 perfect
64 great
24 nice
19 bad
61 miss
combo 36

I definitely failed. probably multiple times over.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Feb 19, 2016

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Has the score bar in SS always flashed rainbow colors as it increases? I could've sworn it only flashed when you hit another rank, but now it's like constantly pulsing goddamn rainbow colors until I hit S.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Thank god I don't live in Japan where I could go spend money playing this.

I think it's pretty much just the smartphone version only with graphics.

The graphics are very cute admittedly.

gently caress, now I wanna play it and then hang my head in shame as I barely get a C in Score and Combos while a horde of Japanese people laugh and point at me mockingly..

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

I think it's pretty much just the smartphone version only with graphics.

The graphics are very cute admittedly.

gently caress, now I wanna play it and then hang my head in shame as I barely get a C in Score and Combos while a horde of Japanese people laugh and point at me mockingly..

Believe me, bud, I'd like to be playing right beside you and probably doing way worse.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Futaba Anzu posted:

here it is!

It's Chuuzuki!

the chance 4 cute -> cool transformation get closer every day

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Gradually FCing all the Pro songs. Something over halfway there. Three more and I can 11-pull. I can complete most Master songs, at least with healer teams, but only a handul have been FC'd. Stupid slide notes :argh:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

She loved cats so much, she became a cat.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

She loved cats so much, she became a cat.

OPM and LL crossover.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Medley Festival Eli in EN:

Score Match Umi in JP:

I like Eli more, but I'm pretty sure I already have that card in JP. I'm certainly not doing both, not right as I'm getting back into deresute and Fates comes out. The question is: do I even go for Umi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I loved cats so much I became a cat with an idol rating of Demon!!!!