Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

Charles Bukowski posted:

My evil navi black poo poo thing just grew teeth and a forehead tattoo. Things creepin' me out.

this made me loving lose it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bearspeed
Nov 11, 2011

Accelerating to bear speed since 1988.
I just picked up a key from Polygon:

Says they have about 2k, get them while they're hot!

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/18/11032432/black-desert-online-beta-key-giveaway

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

Bearspeed posted:

I just picked up a key from Polygon:

Says they have about 2k, get them while they're hot!

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/18/11032432/black-desert-online-beta-key-giveaway

it says its not available in my region, anyone can help me with a key ?

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

Sh4 posted:

8527-EA24-FD8A-48EF-94DB

Edit: Claimed!

Taran fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 18, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Sh4 posted:

855A-CD4B-60C7-4325-894A

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Hi hello I forgot I had an extra key please take this someone godbless.

262E-57C4-7AE4-42F5-9822

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
My impression so far of BDO this beta: All the pieces are there, but they're kind of awash with some bugs and shoddy localization.

Think of being in a ship, except the ship was built by people that have never seen a boat before, and the plans are written in a language they've never seen before. It sails, but you don't know how well it's going to hold together. My chief complaint is centered around the very cluttered UI and menu system, but the game as some excellent visual and sound design, and combat is quite crisp.

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

Taran posted:

8527-EA24-FD8A-48EF-94DB

Good luck!

Took this one thanks !

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
is there a torrent for the game client ? I'm working this weekend so really only have tomorrow to play but if the launcher is correct it will take almost 2 days to download

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Third World Reggin posted:

you honestly don't remember exactly how bad wushus UI was. It was way worse than this.

how do you know what I remember?

wushu's ui didn't make much sense, but it wasn't a soulless husk of a UI designed to actively detract from playing the game

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
I think you all expect way too much out of a clearly lovely game that some of us will have fun playing for a little while.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Loose Ifer posted:

I think you all expect way too much out of a clearly lovely game that some of us will have fun playing for a little while.

I dunno, I had pretty low expectations going into this

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
So... can you eventually just ignore your obviously evil creepy spirit? Cause I do not trust that thing.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Grondoth posted:

So... can you eventually just ignore your obviously evil creepy spirit? Cause I do not trust that thing.
No.

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

Loose Ifer posted:

Is it really that bad because my brother is kind of crazy hyped and bought in for like 50 bucks

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

It's the best game since ArcheAge.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

No queue system eh? Server crowded, sorry!

E: oh how odd, so they have the channels listed like they are a mini-server?

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Sh4 posted:

Is it really that bad because my brother is kind of crazy hyped and bought in for like 50 bucks

It's just another grind to max level with some pvp and crafting, and literally no PvE endgame.

edit: But i will also play it and it will probably be fun for a little while and then it'll die just like everything in the universe.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!
Big ole pile of poo poo. Nice stress test, edan is all the way full orwen is almost full.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Glad I made my character before I went to sleep. "Full" server but everything seemed really nice, except the mob areas near the start were too crowded but what can you do about that during a new character rush anyway?

Valk combat feels very kinetic so that's nice, the AOE and sustain is pretty good so I think I'll stick to it come launch. I've already resigned myself to being terrible at PVP so I'll take the heal & shield thanks.

The graphics are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but looking at the game world it reminds me of when I first played Far Cry 1 those many years ago. :allears:

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
So if you connected the first time on EU servers, is there no way to force the launcher to hit the NA ones? I've changed it back and forth on the launcher and launched it a bunch of times to no avail.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

PurplieNurplie posted:

So if you connected the first time on EU servers, is there no way to force the launcher to hit the NA ones? I've changed it back and forth on the launcher and launched it a bunch of times to no avail.

I have a feeling you choose server selection during the install process. Maybe there is a way to change it afterwards but :shrug:

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Well, reinstalling could be an option, I think it's worth a try regardless. The EU servers have been surprisingly good, lagwise, but of course I would rather play NA to minimize lag stuff. Good suggestion, I'll give it a try and see what happens.

EDIT: Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work, unfortunately.

PurplieNurplie fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 18, 2016

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

DancingShade posted:

I have a feeling you choose server selection during the install process. Maybe there is a way to change it afterwards but :shrug:
I definitely chose North America during install and have never had my launcher on anything other than North America, but it's only showing Europe servers in game.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Presteign posted:

I definitely chose North America during install and have never had my launcher on anything other than North America, but it's only showing Europe servers in game.

You can change regions on the launcher.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Why is everything in op bold/underline? :psypop:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

how do you know what I remember?

wushu's ui didn't make much sense, but it wasn't a soulless husk of a UI designed to actively detract from playing the game

It was worse

Kimsemus posted:

My impression so far of BDO this beta: All the pieces are there, but they're kind of awash with some bugs and shoddy localization.

it isn't that shoddy comparatively

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
I found the server problem, for me it was not having the launcher updated to the latest version, 1.0.35 or something like that, a 5 instead of a 4.

I got the correct launcher from here: http://www.filedropper.com/blackdesertonlinelauncher_1

Worth a try if you're stuck on EU and want NA.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

It was worse

it isn't that shoddy comparatively

Holy poo poo dude. Trigger warning. I was not mentally prepared to see chinagame screenshots in a BD thread. I'm sending you my therapist bill.

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

Kimsemus posted:

You can change regions on the launcher.
Changing regions does nothing. I always get the europe servers.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

poo poo thing about guilds.

They have a max of 15 people until you level them. Those 5 missions a day? The only ones you can do at the low levels are gathering ones. This is our current one.

360 pine in 2 hours. Where is the pine?

We have to drag low levels there since no one is a high enough level lumberjack or have good enough tools to get more pine than logs.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

PurplieNurplie posted:

I found the server problem, for me it was not having the launcher updated to the latest version, 1.0.35 or something like that, a 5 instead of a 4.

I got the correct launcher from here: http://www.filedropper.com/blackdesertonlinelauncher_1

Worth a try if you're stuck on EU and want NA.

This worked, just gotta drop the launcher you download in the Black Desert Online folder in program files.

edit: would i be right in assuming if the server is full, there's no queue?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

poo poo thing about guilds.

They have a max of 15 people until you level them. Those 5 missions a day? The only ones you can do at the low levels are gathering ones. This is our current one.

360 pine in 2 hours. Where is the pine?

We have to drag low levels there since no one is a high enough level lumberjack or have good enough tools to get more pine than logs.

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
we have this massively multiplayer game where people like to play with each other, what other features should we add?

well, you know how people join guilds? what if we made it so they have a very small maximum cap and you have to grind to raise the cap

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I am officially a master baiter

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Hard to get past he character creator for me. Only male ranged character is an old gently caress.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

I'm definitely seeing some cool and interesting features, but everything is over-complex to the extreme.
Tons of ingredients, turn-ins, and tokens, but a comparatively tiny inventory means you are constantly traveling to and fro. Mounts help, but you have to dismount to even talk to an NPC. I feel like 3/4ths of my play session is riding from one NPC to the next and getting on/off my horse.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Inventory gets better as you do the main story and unlock more slots or start using warehouses, but those are regionalized.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
What am I looking at? How do I join the correct server?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Jackard posted:

What am I looking at? How do I join the correct server?

you're on EU in launcher