Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Great Beer posted:

Our other driver for the night quit in the middle of his shift. I had to stay late and clean up after his dumb rear end but also made shitloads of money because of it. Is there a word for annoyed but also satisfied?

Premature ejaculation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ssjonizuka posted:

If you catch this, kill your wifi connection and open awful. I force it to try and refresh the forums/threads list (getting a connection error) then reenable wifi. Speculation I read pointed to a change in the forums list. Waiting for a patch.

Worked. Thanks!

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

At the airport in Houston... My theme song be like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wBTdfAkqGU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Tide posted:

Worked. Thanks!

:hfive:

Also, Rhyno, this one's for you.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Goober Peas posted:

Premature ejaculation

God drat

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

BloodBag posted:

At the airport in Houston... My theme song be like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wBTdfAkqGU

The only time I've been in Oakland at night was to repo a car, I'm pretty sure that music video was just shot on location and isn't even a set.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

88h88 posted:

Seriously if nobody has tried using reggae reggae jerk sauce instead of a tomato based pizza sauce you're missing out.

It's like $2 a bottle to change your life forever.

I will try this. will any jerk sauce work?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Why does jerk sauce on pizza not sound appetizing at all. No jerk sauce please.

I use a home made barbecue sauce as a base to make barbecue chicken pizza, it's the bomb yo.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Goober Peas posted:

Premature ejaculation

Poetry. :drat:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

literally a fish posted:

So in the space of about four days we sold my sister's old 2009 Mazda3 neo auto and picked up this ex-corporate 2014-but-MY2015 Mazda2 Maxx 6MT.

6 speed manual, 106 horsepower 1.5L skyactiv motor with stop-start.

stop-start is cooooool.

Sold the 3 for $14k and paid $15700 for this 2, it only has 3800km on it.

It's pretty nice, actually. Drives quite well, steering feedback and response is good, motor is nice and revvy (though too quiet, even Maddy (sister) thinks it needs an exhaust :getin:)

Only complaint is that the clutch is a bit floaty and has a fairly undefined friction point, but I'm sure it's something you'd get used to if you DD'd it.

I wouldn't hate DDing one of these. Which is a big step up over the soul-sucking autotragic in the old base-model 3;

Sold it the day after we put it up :v:

Stop-start with a sporty exhaust will probably sound funny, insofar as it will suddenly brap to life. How does the AC work with stop-start? Are they using the hybrid-style electric compressors?

quote:

Alchemy: the act of converting Mazda3s into this huge slab of cash:

Your money is weird. And huge, apparently.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey guys, the 47th annual world's largest radio trivia contest is coming up in April. There's a large goon team (Trivial Fursuit) and in the past three years, we've broken into the top ten - something that many teams playing for decades have failed to do. The thread is stickied in GBS.

All goons are welcome and you'll probably have a blast regardless, but the team is particularly needful of AI expertise. Especially where classic cars, and advertising for classic cars, is concerned. Check out the thread for all the details. We also need a handful of goons willing to actually travel to Stevens Point, Wisconsin for the on-the-ground team: the folks who dial in our answers, and go do the physical tour that is worth a bucket of points. There's already a room reserved for our team, which is good because every available room in the town books months in advance.

The contest runs 24/7 beginning on Friday April 15th, and ending late in the evening Sunday April 17th. Goons around the world are welcome and especially useful for manning the graveyard shift, which is a time when a lot of other teams drop off so large points totals are available.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Feb 18, 2016

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Today I experienced a eureka moment. An emotional breakthrough of sorts. Today, I decided that I gave zero fucks about the fact that I am thinning at the crown (made worse by a double cowlick) and will learn to accept it.

A big thing for a guy who has always been proud of his hair/hair snob.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
If I ever start going bald I'm shaving it all right the gently caress off after rocking a smiley face shaved into it for a few months.

Also we might need to get GWS renamed to Your Pizza Is A Piece Of poo poo after the last few pages.

e: looks like I'm being hosed by the cloud right now. hole-in-the-wall VPS provider is 100% down and has been for half an hour, no idea what their support number/email is since their site is down too. Not that I didn't expect this, some days there is 30+ second lag on my ssh connections at random and I know it's a small company... I should probably move elsewhere. Not that big a deal if I lose everything, nothing truly important is on it anyways.

kastein fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Feb 18, 2016

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I thought about the nuclear option, but decided that I have an ugly head with funny ears it and would make things worse.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

BraveUlysses posted:

I will try this. will any jerk sauce work?

This is the one I use, mainly because it's the most readily available here and it's a nice consistency right out of the bottle.

leica posted:

Why does jerk sauce on pizza not sound appetizing at all. No jerk sauce please.

I use a home made barbecue sauce as a base to make barbecue chicken pizza, it's the bomb yo.

BBQ is ok, jerk is fantastic though. Trust me on this, I've tried everything I can get my hands on.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Just use ketchup its basically the same thing.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Tide posted:

Today I experienced a eureka moment. An emotional breakthrough of sorts. Today, I decided that I gave zero fucks about the fact that I am thinning at the crown (made worse by a double cowlick) and will learn to accept it.

A big thing for a guy who has always been proud of his hair/hair snob.

A choice well made. I haven't gone full bald, but I did switch to a buzz cut about 4 years ago as my hairline kept moving rearward, and I have never once regretted it. Hair care is so easy now, never have to carry a comb around, just wash, dry, and go.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

kastein posted:

If I ever start going bald I'm shaving it all right the gently caress off after rocking a smiley face shaved into it for a few months.

Also we might need to get GWS renamed to Your Pizza Is A Piece Of poo poo after the last few pages.

e: looks like I'm being hosed by the cloud right now. hole-in-the-wall VPS provider is 100% down and has been for half an hour, no idea what their support number/email is since their site is down too. Not that I didn't expect this, some days there is 30+ second lag on my ssh connections at random and I know it's a small company... I should probably move elsewhere. Not that big a deal if I lose everything, nothing truly important is on it anyways.

Get with DigitalOcean. Five bucks a month, and some really pretty terrific uptime.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I'm thankful that I made it to at least 30 before my hairline started receding a little bit on the side edges of the front hairline.. Some dudes start balding at 18 and I feel sorry for them.

Fully prepared to go for a buzz in a few years if it starts speeding up.

Im cool with a Theroux, but I dont want to be a Law.

Cage fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Feb 18, 2016

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I've gone 2mm since early twenties and it rocks. No worries about hairstyle, bottle of shampoo lasts forever, no bed head/hat head, drying it takes five seconds. I've also saved like 3000 bucks on haircuts.

Only minus is that it can be pretty chilly when the temperature is low, and a sunburned scalp sucks big time.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Thats one thing I look forward to. If I put a hat on I either have to wear it all day or wash my hair afterwards. I get terrible hat hair.

I am also jealous of people that can run their hands through their hair without messing it up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have really good hair and girls like to play with it when it's long enough.

I mean, it's been the same girl playing with it for close to 8 years but still.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I bought a $30 trimmer a couple of years ago, and I've been rocking the as-short-as-possible buzzcut since then.

A couple of weeks I decided to just go full-bore and shave it instead. It only takes a couple of minutes, and I like it more than the buzzcut. Shaving my head every 2-3 days also provides an excuse to shave the edges of my beard at the same time.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 18, 2016

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Darchangel posted:

Stop-start with a sporty exhaust will probably sound funny, insofar as it will suddenly brap to life. How does the AC work with stop-start? Are they using the hybrid-style electric compressors?

Your money is weird. And huge, apparently.

If you have the AC on, the engine won't stop. It still uses a mechanical compressor.

IIRC the Mazda6 and top-end Mazda3 with i-eloop have an electric compressor, but I'm not sure on that.

Yeah, our notes start out a certain length and then get ~8mm longer as they go up in value so that blind people can easily tell which note is which :3: they also have little raised portions in the clear windows that spell out their value so blind people can feel the numbers. Pretty neat. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banknotes_of_the_Australian_dollar

kastein posted:

WeLoveServers is my go-to solely because if you sign up to their email newsletter and wait a week they'll send you out a bunch of "$5-20 for a year of <surprisingly good VPS>!" deals.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

I noticed my hair was thinning a few years back and promptly bought some clippers and buzzed it. It's the best decision, anything else reeks of desperation and everybody knows. There's nothing more pitiful and unattractive than a man trying to hide a bald spot.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

bolind posted:

I've gone 2mm since early twenties and it rocks. No worries about hairstyle, bottle of shampoo lasts forever, no bed head/hat head, drying it takes five seconds. I've also saved like 3000 bucks on haircuts.
Been doing the 2mm buzz for a couple years now, not sure why the hell I didn't do it sooner. No maintenance and most women seem to like it.

KozmoNaut posted:

A couple of weeks I decided to just go full-bore and shave it instead. It only takes a couple of monites, and I like it more than the buzzcut. Shaving my head every 2-3 days is also a good time to shave the edges of my beard.
I've been close a few times but haven't gone full bald yet. Mostly because I'm lazy and shaving every other day is more work than buzzing every other week :effort:

What a lovely loving day. I've been out since Tuesday last week so I expected some stuff to be down but not nearly as much as there was. Spent all day running around trying to get things fixed only to run out of parts. Now I get to do round two on Monday when parts arrive along with whatever else fails by then. Then I can't order parts directly and have to go through our support. They get bitchy when I say things like "swapped 0<->2, 1<->4 - problem followed" but writing it all out longhand is apparently completely different. They also don't believe when I say all this hardware was broken by a software update and power cycle :fuckoff:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

wallaka posted:

I noticed my hair was thinning a few years back and promptly bought some clippers and buzzed it. It's the best decision, anything else reeks of desperation and everybody knows. There's nothing more pitiful and unattractive than a man trying to hide a bald spot.

There's a guy here at work who's lost everything under his baseball hat (which he only wears on his way in/out of work) except for his lovely curly mullet thing. Talk about saving the worst part for last.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Beautiful weather outside. Finally sunny after five days of cloud and rain. Takes some of the sting out of my brakes going soft. The calipers don't even seem to engage until about 75%through the pedals travel. They seem to work fine after that point at least. I guess I get to learn how to diagnose and fix brakes this weekend. :confuoot:

Goober Peas posted:

Premature ejaculation

:drat:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

There's a bloke at work I only saw with a hard hat on for nearly three years. When I finally saw him without a hat I nearly died laughing, which was very rude of me, but he basically had a krusty the clown thing going on and it was quite unexpected.

I'm resisting cutting my hair short because I'm convinced after I do it it'll never grow to a decent pretty again, so basically I'm saving that for when I start to go bald.

Also I've tried pizzas with reggae reggae sauce, I'll have to try again with the cold rise dough and chicken, chili's, pepperoni peppers and mozzarella..

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I saw my ex from college (12 years ago? jeez) on a dating app, and I wanted to get dinner with her just so I can ask, "Be real, how does my hair look now?"

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i made it to 40 before i started getting a little thin in the back. and it's been driving me loving bananas. but today, while i was getting a haircut, i just kind of said 'gently caress it, it is what is is.' I have very little grey, except my crappy beard whiskers which, despite me having nearly black hair, is a mix of grey, brown, blonde and red.

:iiam:

Tide fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 18, 2016

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Safety Dance posted:

Get with DigitalOcean. Five bucks a month, and some really pretty terrific uptime.

One of my friends from college actually suggested this today when I bitched about this elsewhere, and they have freebsd, so I am probably going to give them a shot. 2 votes for them and one for every alternative is enough for me.

Actually, IIRC other guy who suggested this is in the ps1 IRC, so you probably have chatted with him. Small world. My memory is fuzzy at this point but you may have met him at Eric's wedding, too.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

BraveUlysses posted:

There's a guy here at work who's lost everything under his baseball hat (which he only wears on his way in/out of work) except for his lovely curly mullet thing. Talk about saving the worst part for last.

I work with a guy who's going typically male pattern baldness and doing the usual "let what little hair you have on top grow a little too long"

Which would be fine, except he seems to be doing the same thing with his eyebrows and I suspect that if he could, he would let them grow long and up until they reach the remaining hair on top.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

literally a fish posted:

If you have the AC on, the engine won't stop. It still uses a mechanical compressor.

IIRC the Mazda6 and top-end Mazda3 with i-eloop have an electric compressor, but I'm not sure on that.

Yeah, our notes start out a certain length and then get ~8mm longer as they go up in value so that blind people can easily tell which note is which :3: they also have little raised portions in the clear windows that spell out their value so blind people can feel the numbers. Pretty neat. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banknotes_of_the_Australian_dollar

Huh. That's pretty useful, actually. Polypropylene, too - your money is Tyvek!
US paper money has gotten slightly more interesting in the last couple of decades, but it's still pretty boring. Yours looks like some kind of future science-fiction money, at least by comparison. Not a bad thing.

Great Beer posted:

Beautiful weather outside. Finally sunny after five days of cloud and rain. Takes some of the sting out of my brakes going soft. The calipers don't even seem to engage until about 75%through the pedals travel. They seem to work fine after that point at least. I guess I get to learn how to diagnose and fix brakes this weekend. :confuoot:

:drat:

Sounds like air in the lines.

Tide posted:

i made it to 40 before i started getting a little thin in the back. and it's been driving me loving bananas. but today, while i was getting a haircut, i just kind of said 'gently caress it, it is what is is.' I have very little grey, except my crappy beard whiskers which, despite me having nearly black hair, is a mix of grey, brown, blonde and red.

:iiam:

I've got plenty of grey in my beard and some in my hair @ 46, but I've not had any problem with thinning or receding, thank God. I still keep it fairly short, but no buzzcut. I don't mind the grey. I've got enough of a baby face to pull it off, I think, and I'm married anyway. :D

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Australia is basically a beautiful God's Own land that actively tries to kill any human that lives there.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

#1 buzz every Friday.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

At 30 my hair is as thick as a goddamned wheatfield, and drives me crazy because I have to get it cut constantly. In the summer it grows about as fast as my fingernails and gets even extra thicker and my head is hot constantly. I have a gigantic goddamned head (size: 8 1/4) and don't want to shave it all off because I would look like a freakish white watermelon. Thankfully my haircolor owns and if I spend any time at all outdoors it bleaches out and gives me these apparently fantastic highlights that girls love and I don't give a gently caress about. I cannot count the amount of times women have asked me where I "get my highlights done" hahaha. I'm always like, "well, typically on my lawn while mowing".

My grandfather on my mothers side went bald at like 17 - My other grandfather and father have spiderweb fine hair. Who knows.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
You are the milk man's kid.

(I think hair genes come from your mother's side)

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

At 30 my hair is as thick as a goddamned wheatfield, and drives me crazy because I have to get it cut constantly. In the summer it grows about as fast as my fingernails and gets even extra thicker and my head is hot constantly. I have a gigantic goddamned head (size: 8 1/4) and don't want to shave it all off because I would look like a freakish white watermelon. Thankfully my haircolor owns and if I spend any time at all outdoors it bleaches out and gives me these apparently fantastic highlights that girls love and I don't give a gently caress about. I cannot count the amount of times women have asked me where I "get my highlights done" hahaha. I'm always like, "well, typically on my lawn while mowing".

My grandfather on my mothers side went bald at like 17 - My other grandfather and father have spiderweb fine hair. Who knows.

What's up ridiculous hat size buddy. I rock a short undercut because bald looks weird on a large head.I ha e crazy thin and full brown hair. The more Sun the more streaks of blonde I get. Maybe we're from the same milk man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

kastein posted:

One of my friends from college actually suggested this today when I bitched about this elsewhere, and they have freebsd, so I am probably going to give them a shot. 2 votes for them and one for every alternative is enough for me.

Actually, IIRC other guy who suggested this is in the ps1 IRC, so you probably have chatted with him. Small world. My memory is fuzzy at this point but you may have met him at Eric's wedding, too.

I wasn't at Eric's wedding but I know probably about half the people in the ps1 IRC channel anyhow, so it's likely we've met.

• Locked thread