Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Maybe it depends on the tier, but anyone else notice that they're not getting hit as often? Maybe accuracy got turned down or something...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

xthetenth posted:

Right, yes. Still miss the pre-nerf Cleveland, thing was bonkers and would've been great at a higher tier.

Apparently the CA/CL split with the Cleveland bumped to it's natural 8 is nearly ready to go, but they can't find a tier 6 CL that is acceptable to them, so the delay goes on.

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

NTRabbit posted:

Apparently the CA/CL split with the Cleveland bumped to it's natural 8 is nearly ready to go, but they can't find a tier 6 CL that is acceptable to them, so the delay goes on.

Werent they considering having a tier 6 atlanta with two less turrets? what happened to that.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Fizzil posted:

Werent they considering having a tier 6 atlanta with two less turrets? what happened to that.

That's the Juneau, loses the wing turrets and torpedoes for stacks of bofors and oerlikons in place of the 1.1" quads, and the 2nd and 5th turrets probably wouldn't be superfiring in game, and afaik that was more a forum suggestion than something they were considering. I believe it violates a standard they have on number of 5" DP guns at that tier, for AA.

Last anyone said, they were mining for post-Omaha design studies that were detailed enough, pretty sure Omaha -> ? -> Brooklyn -> Cleveland -> ? -> Worcester is roughly where they're at for CLs, while CA is I think Omaha -> Pensacola -> Northampton -> New Orleans -> Baltimore -> Des Moines, plus there's that odd Buffalo model you can find with the extended tree mod that nobody is really sure about.

Ghetto Prince posted:

Whats the best tier 4 skill for a US destroyer now? +3% fire? +HP?

Expanding, what's the best sets of skills for everything? I don't have the gold to be able to make mistakes now and respec later.

Carriers are obvious, the 4 aircraft skills (except maybe torpedo acceleration over dogfighting expert?) plus torpedo armament expertise, but beyond situation awareness on every DD everything else now seems much more nuanced.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Feb 18, 2016

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

That's the Juneau, loses the wing turrets and torpedoes for stacks of bofors and oerlikons in place of the 1.1" quads, and the 2nd and 5th turrets probably wouldn't be superfiring in game, and afaik that was more a forum suggestion than something they were considering. I believe it violates a standard they have on number of 5" DP guns at that tier, for AA.

Last anyone said, they were mining for post-Omaha design studies that were detailed enough, pretty sure Omaha -> ? -> Brooklyn -> Cleveland -> ? -> Worcester is roughly where they're at for CLs, while CA is I think Omaha -> Pensacola -> Northampton -> New Orleans -> Baltimore -> Des Moines, plus there's that odd Buffalo model you can find with the extended tree mod that nobody is really sure about.

Expanding, what's the best sets of skills for everything? I don't have the gold to be able to make mistakes now and respec later.

Carriers are obvious, the 4 aircraft skills (except maybe torpedo acceleration over dogfighting expert?) plus torpedo armament expertise, but beyond situation awareness on every DD everything else now seems much more nuanced.

There is going to need some serious testing on those two for carriers. Dogfighting was considered bad because of the power leap by tiers still meant your fighters would get hosed down by a higher tier. On the other hand, the aa changes make me worried about cutting down drop range. Not like we didn't drop at minimum previously though, but we may need to drop closer to max to save planes and maximze torp counts.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I don't know much about comparable fighter on fighter combat yet, but the faster fighters on the Independence just feel so much more capable, they can actually get to where you know they need to be without leaving you feeling completely impotent as they chug across the map.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Feb 18, 2016

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
hey guys, you know that horrible map two brothers? I just met this wonderful pubbie on it today.

Crucis: I will NOT help any team that sends ships down the middle at the start on that map, under any circumstances
Crucis: They DESERVE to lose and I will not help any such team win when they do that.

We lost a bb and a dd to a middle run, and lost more because we were short a dd to spot poo poo till we go overran. Said pubbie was in a kamikaze r.
Make a mental note if you see him in two brothers to run down the middle, and then remind your team there is a plays poorly karma option to report this person on as they wander the backfield.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

JuffoWup posted:

hey guys, you know that horrible map two brothers? I just met this wonderful pubbie on it today.

Crucis: I will NOT help any team that sends ships down the middle at the start on that map, under any circumstances
Crucis: They DESERVE to lose and I will not help any such team win when they do that.

We lost a bb and a dd to a middle run, and lost more because we were short a dd to spot poo poo till we go overran. Said pubbie was in a kamikaze r.
Make a mental note if you see him in two brothers to run down the middle, and then remind your team there is a plays poorly karma option to report this person on as they wander the backfield.

Probably not the same person, but man, there was a guy who threw a total fit because it looked like I might have been heading down the middle.

I was kinda heading along this course to avoid detection but I guess he decided that I was headed down the center.

I think I got a kraken that match and made fun of the guy the whole time.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I've had good success in the middle pass with carriers, of all things. Close enough to the action to rapidly cycle bombers, protected from long range fire by the mountains. It even places you in a good position for a distraction/ramming run once you run out of aircraft.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Hey look, another world of warships video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZcOGKiY6e0

Couple of notes:
- friday is stream day from 4-6. They'll be doing team battles and giving away doubloons. 250 in a loss and 500 for a win. They'll be talking with super testers and some other devs as well. Probably not going to reveal anything, but who knows. The doubloons are only if you happen to get matched against the dev team. So all the pubbie team battles are just normal fare. On the one hand, 500 doubloons free. On the other hand, you can bet it'll be awash with teams hoping for it which means wasted time fighting pubbies instead. Your call on that.

- Yo Lang (I think that is the spelling, what it sounded like anyway) is coming out this weekend. Apparently another gun destroyer (chinese this time). Guy says around 3s reload on the guns. Also, it'll get hydro-acoustic search giving it the super scout ability for undoing smoke.

- Hilariously, they finally clear up to everyone that gun mod 2 does in fact make you reload slower as a penalty to moving your turrets faster

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Lo Yang is the Chinese T8 DD, a :frogsiren:Benson:frogsiren: hull with interesting torpedoes and :frogsiren:HYDROACOUSTIC SEAAAAAAAAARCH:frogsiren:

I'm buying it, instantly.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

JuffoWup posted:

Couple of notes:
- friday is stream day from 4-6. They'll be doing team battles and giving away doubloons. 250 in a loss and 500 for a win. They'll be talking with super testers and some other devs as well. Probably not going to reveal anything, but who knows. The doubloons are only if you happen to get matched against the dev team. So all the pubbie team battles are just normal fare. On the one hand, 500 doubloons free. On the other hand, you can bet it'll be awash with teams hoping for it which means wasted time fighting pubbies instead. Your call on that.

I logged in to look at the teams stuff and it's tier 7 or 8 - which I don't have. So that was a quick "meh".

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Hazdoc posted:

Lo Yang is the Chinese T8 DD, a :frogsiren:Benson:frogsiren: hull with interesting torpedoes and :frogsiren:HYDROACOUSTIC SEAAAAAAAAARCH:frogsiren:

I'm buying it, instantly.

what is interesting about the torps? Longer range, shorter range, just faster?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

JuffoWup posted:

what is interesting about the torps? Longer range, shorter range, just faster?

It has the option between normal Benson torps and faster, 6km torps.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Maybe it depends on the tier, but anyone else notice that they're not getting hit as often? Maybe accuracy got turned down or something...

Mods got broken, and broken badly enough that you can't just rename the 0.5.24 Aslain's Mod folder to 0.5.3 like you could do for many previous patches.

For me, it's the lack of the scalable crosshair mod, which lets you aim for +2° on US BBs, +3° on Tirpitzes and Japanese BBs, +3-3.5° on all cruisers, and +3.5-4.5° on DDs, with some corrections for shell speed and target speed. I haven't used the stock crosshairs in months and basically cannot hit anything with them anymore. In addition, I rely on the mod which shows ship names and headings and last known positions on the minimap for 100% of my target selection and to a large extent also for my aim (i.e. aim closer/further depending on target's course), and without that, I lose basically all situational awareness.

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Feb 19, 2016

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
I was feeling pretty guilty about my ~1300 games until I came across this guy in a match:

:captainpop:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Aslains updated, and yeah, I missed my crosshair mod a lot more than I realized, and mine is a bare bones one that just had actually visible numbers on the lead bar instead of looking like a ruler with only the number 5 on it.

A lot of the crosshair mods have a circle and more diagonal lines for leading against angled vectors, I guess? Their appearance confused and intimidated me, so I ignore then

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Feb 19, 2016

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
stock crosshairs crew checking in

I'm tempted to do another :effort: post on commander skills, with the update to them. Let's see if I can get masochistic enough to try.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
The only mod I miss is not being able to see how many shitters are on my team.

stock everything!

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Ok, doin it. Here goes! Disclaimer: I do not have all of these skills on captains, and I'm not a CV player, so recommendations regarding them can be taken with a grain of salt. My primary played class is DD, then BB, then CA. These are my opinions, obviously not every player will feel the same way or see the same benefits. Duh. If you want the shortlist of recommendations from me, the TL:DR has them.
Ratings go from Excellent > Good > Passable > Avoid.

~Rank 1 Skills~
Expert Loader - 50% reduction to reload time, but only when swapping shell types when all guns are already loaded.
Passable on BBs, Avoid on everything else.
This skill got buffed, but it's still pretty bad. There's so many better skills to put your points in, hell even Situation Awareness is better on BBs than this.

Basic Firing Training - 10% faster reloads on secondaries and guns 139mm and smaller. +10% AA damage.
Excellent on All DDs, Good on AA CA loadouts and Secondary loadout BBs. Passable on everything else.
This skill is now... uhh... actually really mediocre. Only DDs and a handful of low tier German CAs can use the RoF on their primary armaments now, so the main take of the skill will be AA damage and secondaries. You can safely ignore this skill for most ships.

Basics of Survivability - 15% reduced time to repair incapacitated modules, extinguish fires, and stop flooding.
Excellent on BBs and CVs, good on CAs, Passable on DDs.
This is my recommended first skill for all BBs, and CVs too, should you not want Situation Awareness. Fire is an eternal threat to both ships, and being caught without a repair, or under constant barrage from HE, this will save chunks of HP and also accelerate the repair of damaged guns, bringing them back into the fight sooner. CAs see some benefits too, if you don't care for Situation Awareness or got points to spend.

Situation Awareness - When detected by enemy ship or plane, an indicator lights up.
Excellent on DDs, CAs, and CVs. Good on BBs.
This skill is overall the strongest Rank 1 skill, but its an information skill, not one that boosts your stats at all. DDs REQUIRE this skill. CAs also want this skill, to help them better pick their battles or attempt ambushes, especially as BBs hit their stride and become highly dangerous to CAs. CVs want this to stop DD rushes and alert them to their position being revealed. Highly recommended for all DDs, seriously.

Expert Rear Gunner - 10% increase to rear gunner damage in planes with them.
Good on CVs. Avoid on all else.
Still don't know which planes do and do not have rear gunners, but this skill can still kill a fighter or two, especially with strafing nerfed a bit. A potential pickup after you've spent all your points on your Rank 5 skill.

~Rank 2 Skills~
Expert Marksman - Turrets of 139mm and smaller rotate 2.5 degrees faster, 0.7 degrees for any turret bigger.
Excellent on BBs, CAs, IJN DDs, and most RUS DDs, low tier US DDs. Passable on fast traverse boats, Avoid on CVs.
I'd take this skill on all CAs and BBs, personally. Faster turret traverse means you can react to threats sooner. My cutoff for this skill is when turrets hit 12 second traverse speed, as they're pretty drat fast then. It continues to fall off even more once the US ships hit 5 second traverse speed. RUS ships only hit sub-12 second traverse at T9, though, so this lasts longer for them. Not recommended over Last Stand, though.

Torpedo Armament Expertise - Ship torpedoes reload 10% faster. Torpedo Bombers reload 20% faster.
Excellent on IJN and US DDs, and CVs. Good on all other torp carrying boats. Avoid if you don't have torps, or are the Tirpitz.
A great choice for IJN DDs, especially if your playstyle is more focused on torping than scouting or screening. US DDs can use this skill well, too, especially at top tiers, but many other choices exist here. Do not recommend over Last Stand, but its up to you. CAs can take this if they have spare points and spent too many on Rank 1 skills. Take this for IJN CVs, and it could be ok for US CVs too, if you carry a TB squad.

Fire Prevention - 7% reduction to chance of fire. This skill is multiplicative, not additive.
Passable on BBs, avoid on all else.
Pretty bad. This skill won't tell you when it saves you, and competes with many other great Rank 2 skills. Ignore it.

Incoming Fire Alert - When locked on and shot at by a ship whose shells have a time to impact of 6 seconds or more, an indicator will light up.
Passable on BBs and CAs, avoid on DDs/CVs.
I don't use this skill. It can be useful if you're having trouble gauging when enemies are shooting at you and when you need to take evasive actions or angle up, but you can learn these things without the skill. Save your points, and skip.

Last Stand - When your engine is knocked out, speed drops to ~3/4ths instead of being reduced to almost zero. You can go into reverse or change back to forward with engine damage. Rudder damage only inflicts a rudder shift penalty, not a complete lock-out.
Excellent on DDs, Good on CAs and BBs. Avoid on CVs.
Highly recommended for all DDs. IJN can get away with not having it, but you're really hurting yourself if you don't, as you're ruling out winning gunfights with hostile DDs for faster torp reloads. CAs and BBs can use this too, but Engine/Rudder damage is rarer. Take if you've got spare points and feel like you get your rudder knocked out too much. AVOID if you took Preventative Maintenance, unless you really REALLY hate Engine/Rudder damage.

~Rank 3 Skills~
Torpedo Acceleration - +5 Knots to torpedo speed, -20% torpedo range.
Excellent on IJN Fubuki+, and the Gearing. Good on other DDs with 9+km range. Passable on all other torpedo carrying boats. Excellent on CVs.
Must have if your torps hit out past 15km, since you're getting a reliability buff for a small decrease in range. This doesn't increase torpedo detection radius, so time to react goes down. Most ships have 10kmish range or shorter, though, so know the tradeoff. You're getting more reliable and stealthier torps in exchange for more risk in setting up the torpedo run. Whether its worth it is up to you. Combos excellently with Last Stand if your range drops to just outside stealth torping range, to safeguard against being busted. On the other hand, CVs see faster torps with the skill, though the arming time does not go down (so you must drop further away). Better on IJN CVs, for obvious reasons. Most CV players I talk to say this skill is the go-to Rank 3 skill for CVs.

High Alert - 10% faster reload on Damage Control Party.
Excellent on BBs, CAs, and CVs. Passable on DDs.
Faster repairs is nice. BBs take the brunt of fire damage, with the slowest reload of the skill, so its a top choice for them. If you fear fires over torpedoes or enemy shell damage, this is your go-to skill.

Vigilance - +25% increased detection range for hostile torpedoes.
Excellent on BBs, CAs, and DDs. Avoid on CVs.
Faster spotting of torps is good, not only protecting you, but teammates as well. A top choice for teamplay DDs who screen for their team, as well as CAs. I would actually recommend this skill for all CAs, because at high tiers, you'll want the Concealment Mod. This will keep you safe from high tier torpedoes and ensure your presence is a hindrance to hostile stealth torps. The choice for a BB captain who fears torps over fire and shell damage.

Dogfighting Expert - +10% damage for every tier of disadvantage your planes have against enemy planes.
Avoid.
This isn't really that great. Your planes will still lose to higher tiered planes, and falls off completely if you reach the endgame of CVs. Only useful in the rare double CV game where you are the underdog. Don't waste your points.

Superintendent - +1 charge to all consumables that have charges.
Excellent on BBs, CAs, and DDs. Avoid on CVs.
A great skill in general. More repair parties is nice, along with more charges of Smoke, Engine Boost, and all the other skills. Highly recommended on the DDs that don't take Torpedo Acceleration. Consider the tradeoffs of taking this over Vigilance. Much more offensive a choice than Vigilance. I personally take this on my BBs instead of High Alert. The choice for a BB captain who fears enemy shell damage over fires and flooding.

~Rank 4 Skills~
Demolition Expert - +3% chance for fire on shells and bombs. This skill is ADDITIVE.
Excellent on DDs and CAs. Passable on BBs. Avoid on CVs.
More fires. Take this skill if you want better offensive abilities and don't care for AFT or can't use it well. I've taken this skill on my IJN CA captains. This skill shines, now that Last Stand is gone from this level.

Advanced Firing Training - +20% Range on guns of a caliber of 139mm or less, +20% AA Range.
Excellent on DDs and AA CAs/Secondary BBs. Passable on everything else.
US/IJN DDs can stealth fire with this skill, and additional range on RUS Ships and the setup for a stealth fire build is also decent. This also extends AA range, boosting your ability to fight off bombers, making it a good choice for CAs and BBs alike. Secondary range is improved, as well, making this a mandatory choice if you want to try out Manual Secondaries. Still a solid choice, even with the nerf. I've taken this skill on all my BBs, and US DDs, though in hindsight I may end up respeccing the US DD to Demo Expert or Survivability Expert. This is the "easy mode" AA choice, and is likely stronger in random play with your AA CAs. Take this skill before Manual AA, though if you REALLY hate planes (like me), the two skills combo magnificently.

Survivability Expert - +400 HP times your ships tier. EX: +2k HP at T5, +4k HP at T10.
Excellent on DDs, Good on CAs, Passable on BBs. Avoid on CVs.
More HP is good. DDs see the biggest effective increase, and RUS DDs enjoy this skill the best, though US DDs can also make excellent use. CAs don't see as big a benefit, but its still a straight HP buff, so its not bad. This is a drop in the bucket for BBs, though, and not recommended over AFT.

Aircraft Servicing Expert - 5% more plane HP, -10% time to reload planes.
Excellent on CVs.
Not much to say, take it if you're a CV, don't take it if you're not. Duh.

Manual Fire Control For AA - +100% damage from AA with a caliber 85mm and larger. AA WILL STILE FIRE ON AIRCRAFT NORMALLY, but the 100% bonus only works on designated targets.
Excellent on AA CAs that already have AFT, otherwise just Passable. Avoid on everything else.
Eh. This is AA hard mode. You'll vaporize planes, but you need to target them, and it offers no other benefit than plane killing. This is likely a Team Battle oriented skill. AFT is superior for random play or if you just don't care to micromanage your AA. You'll want AFT before this skill, and it shouldn't be taken alone. AFT is incredibly useful for setting up this skill's true power.

~Rank 5 Skills~
Last Chance - +30% faster reloads on guns and torps while below 10% HP.
Passable on BBs, Avoid on all else.
You can try a gimmick with DDs to take friendly fire down to the trigger line for the skill, but you're also threading a very fine needle there. BBs are the only class that can still be combat capable at 10% HP and live long enough to see any use, but its still really... subpar. Especially bad as low health targets become priority targets, typically. No idea if this helps CVs, but don't TAKE IT ANYWAYS.

Manual Fire Control for Secondaries - +15% accuracy for secondaries on boats T2-6, +60% for T7-10. Secondaries will now only fire on your designated targets.
Excellent on BBs T7+, good on T6 and under. Passable on CVs and CAs.
This skill shines at T7, especially the NAGATO. This is a great skill for BBs, the go-to option for high tier BBs especially. Some CAs have secondaries, too, which can benefit them, but once again, this would only be good at T7+. Plus, this skill is hilarious. That's gotta be a reason to take it, right? I'll be taking this on all my BBs.

Preventative Maintenance - 50% less chance for modules to be incapacitated.
Excellent on BBs and CAs. Passable on DDs, Avoid on CVs.
SO APPARENTLY THIS SKILL GRANTS A CHANCE TO AVOID GUN DESTRUCTION. WHAT? Well, this is the OTHER BB choice at Rank 5, and also protects CAs that won't go for concealment or Jack of All Trades. DDs can use the skill too, though only RUS DDs would care. It IS pretty powerful now, though.

Concealment Expertise - Reduces detection range on ships. DD - 10%, CA - 12%, BB - 14%, CV - 16%.
Excellent on DDs and CAs. Passable on BBs and CVs.
A must have for stealthy torpers and scouts. I take this on all my DDs. CAs also really like this skill, as it means they can get closer before engaging the enemy, making it easier to close range on DDs or stealth away from a bad engagement with a BB. I'll be taking this on all my CAs, as well.

Air Supremacy - +1 Fighter and Dive Bomber in each squad. IJN goes from 4 to 5, US goes from 6 to 7.
Excellent on CVs. Avoid on CAs/BBs.
You'll straight up dominate other CVs without this skill, duh. Take it.

Jack of All Trades - 15% reduction to reloads on all consumables.
Excellent on CAs and BBs, Good on DDs, Avoid on CVs.
A good skill, buffed even more. It does compete with a stronger Preventative Maintenance, though, and the new secondaries skill so its actually less desirable than before. Still a good choice, especially below T7 for BBs.

TL:DR
BB skills:
Rank 1 - Basics of Survivability, Rank 2 - Expert Marksman, Rank 3 - High Alert (anti-fire/torp) or Vigilance (anti-torp) or Superintendent (anti-fire/shell damage), Rank 4 - Advanced Firing Training, Rank 5 - T2-6, Preventative Maintenance, T7+, Manual Secondaries

CA skills:
Rank 1 - Situation Awareness, Rank 2 - Expert Marksman, Rank 3 - Vigilance (team-play or concealment build) or Superintendent (solo play, high tier), Rank 4 - Demolition Expert (Offensive) or Advanced Firing Training (AA Defense for random battles) or Manual AA (AA Defense for Team Battles), Rank 5 - Preventative Maintenance (non-conceal defensive) or Concealment Expertise or Jack of All Trades (AA or high tier play)

*AA CA note: For US CAs that wish to play AA style, I recommend skipping a Rank 5 skill, and taking both Advanced Firing Training and Manual AA. This works for other CAs too, but most effectively on US CAs.

DD skills:
Rank 1 - Situation Awareness, Rank 2 - Last Stand, Rank 3 - Torpedo Acceleration (stealth torping) or Superintendent (non-stealth torping), Rank 4 - Demolition Expert or Advanced Firing Training or Survivability Expert, Rank 5 - Concealment Expert

CV skills:
Rank 1 - Situation Awareness, Rank 2 - Torpedo Armament Expert, Rank 3 - Torpedo Acceleration, Rank 4 - Aircraft Servicing Expert, Rank 5 - Air Supremacy

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Mar 4, 2016

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Have there been any promo code giveaways for WoWS yet? I remember WoT used to have a fairly regular amount of them for token amounts of gold and/or low-tier premiums.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Cheers. Also, I'm pretty sure all TBs and DBs have rear gunners.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Am I drunk or are there 3 different chat channels and they're all empty?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

There's a new ship on the extended tree that still only has an ID code, a Yubari with two single turrets instead of two twins, one of the twin torpedo launchers moved onto the stern, and a float plane and catapult perched on the middle platform.

Also, every time I exit a battle the compact carousel has turned off, and every time I enter a battle the last ammo and torpedo spread used on that ship loads first, instead of the default HE and wide spread.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

There's a new ship on the extended tree that still only has an ID code, a Yubari with two single turrets instead of two twins, one of the twin torpedo launchers moved onto the stern, and a float plane and catapult perched on the middle platform.

Also, every time I exit a battle the compact carousel has turned off, and every time I enter a battle the last ammo and torpedo spread used on that ship loads first, instead of the default HE and wide spread.

From the notes:

quote:

Other

Once you leave a battle, the state of your armament panel will be saved, including:
The last selected type of shell
Torpedo cone width and the condition of AA guns/secondary armament (on or off)
For aircraft carriers, only the condition of AA guns/secondary armament (on or off) is saved

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Ok, but it still doesn't explain the carousel :colbert:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Elendil004 posted:

Am I drunk or are there 3 different chat channels and they're all empty?

??

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Its probably the one by Swiftboatvetsfor911truth. The best name.

But you should be using Discord, the ingame channels are usually barren.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Hazdoc posted:

But you should be using Discord, the ingame channels are usually barren.

Yeah, we've had people actually use Discord, and it's pretty nice.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

My loving god how did WG screw up their goddamned chat interfaces this much from the perfectly fine functioning of WoT

Gorau
Apr 28, 2008
Wargaming hates me. Amagis don't offset Yamatos. Had a game today where my team had an Iowa, Amagi (me), and a North Carolina. The other team had two Yamato's in a division and an Izumo.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

JuffoWup posted:

From the notes:

quote:

Other

Once you leave a battle, the state of your armament panel will be saved, including:
The last selected type of shell
Torpedo cone width and the condition of AA guns/secondary armament (on or off)
For aircraft carriers, only the condition of AA guns/secondary armament (on or off) is saved

They need to let you set defaults instead, because whatever shell type I was using at the end of one match isn't necessarily the shell type I want selected at the start of the next one.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

El Disco posted:

They need to let you set defaults instead, because whatever shell type I was using at the end of one match isn't necessarily the shell type I want selected at the start of the next one.

I'm not sure it matters, I can't recall a time I had the opportunity to shoot anyone in the first 30 seconds of a match.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
I still haven't received my 3m credit :colbert:

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
So the Russian Cruiser stats are out. Up through tier 8 it looks like a mostly light cruiser branch. Standouts include the tier X, which has 3x3 220mm guns (9 inchers compared to the 8's on all the other tier X cruisers), 19km range and 65k health, and the tier V which has 3x3 180mm guns (lol on a 20 second reload). The battlecruisers are here? Actually, the tier IX might be even more interesting with 4x3 180mm guns with 8 second reloads and 2x5 torps. If it gets decent range torps it could be a nice tier 9.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

cheese posted:

So the Russian Cruiser stats are out. Up through tier 8 it looks like a mostly light cruiser branch. Standouts include the tier X, which has 3x3 220mm guns (9 inchers compared to the 8's on all the other tier X cruisers), 19km range and 65k health, and the tier V which has 3x3 180mm guns (lol on a 20 second reload). The battlecruisers are here? Actually, the tier IX might be even more interesting with 4x3 180mm guns with 8 second reloads and 2x5 torps. If it gets decent range torps it could be a nice tier 9.
http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/69737-new-russian-cruisers-looking-at-the-stats/

Looks like Tier X is more of a battlecruiser tbh.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

wdarkk posted:

I'm not sure it matters, I can't recall a time I had the opportunity to shoot anyone in the first 30 seconds of a match.

you have the opportunity to shoot someone in the first 30 seconds every game

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Absolutely, especially if it has good armor. It has a strange agility combo - 17 second rudder shift with 760 turning radius. A Zao can shift hard left and then all the way back right before this thing will even complete its first full shift, but it will turn inside of any other Tier X "cruiser". I don't know where it fits in the tier X meta though. Its not hunting destroyers with that rudder shift and its going to eat Yamato shells 45seconds into the game with a 19km detection range.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Jesus, that tier 3. It looks like it'll outgun a st louis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What are peoples opinions of the US Cruiser line?