Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

AHH FUGH posted:

They patched Zz'Rot bug on PBE :(

why was it disabled? I must have missed something, but its been disabled all day so I had to take my glorious singed in the jungle instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
delete locket of the iron solari and reintroduce innervating locket

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

DolphinCop posted:

delete locket of the iron solari and reintroduce innervating locket

You can't ban udyr more than once

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Remember runic bulwark? That poo poo was around 6k worth of stats for a team and if your jungle finished it first you insta won the game

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
And yet nobody would build it and instead your support would build a lichbane or something.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It was a simpler time back then

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

itsjustdrew posted:

why was it disabled? I must have missed something, but its been disabled all day so I had to take my glorious singed in the jungle instead.
I know you don't like reading the thread but there's literally a video linked about this bug less than 5 posts above yours.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Ao Shin officially cancelled, replaced by "another dragon champion" tentatively named "Aurelion Sol", which is coincidentally also the name of Bond's Flame Wolf fursona.

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/6AdWWjpd-evolution-of-a-dragon-champion

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
They literally named him golden sun.

Methanar fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Feb 18, 2016

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
It's a hella Targonian-sounding name; with the lore rewrites of Diana/Leona/Pantheon on PBE I hope they are building up to a big Mt. Targon event this summer.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

The Mash posted:

I don't know. Buy a hexdrinker and poo poo on him I guess. If you Riposte Blind he's probably dead.

you can easily kill his rear end at level 3 by blocking the blind and slowing him, it's hilariously against him as long as you don't get poked too low to all in him (if he has ignite it is likely he is going to try to cheese you early)

Also Mash you forgot to mention Nasus as the most poo poo-upon by Fiora champion.

Oppression
Jan 16, 2004
Pillbug

AHH FUGH posted:

tentatively named "Aurelion Sol"

Do you think that name is pronounced similar to Irelia's? Not sure if that would even affect gameplay too much if it was (maybe on voice chat though).

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Call her Jakira

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Firebert posted:

It's a hella Targonian-sounding name; with the lore rewrites of Diana/Leona/Pantheon on PBE I hope they are building up to a big Mt. Targon event this summer.

I'm hoping this is the case because Pantheon has been due for a VU for years.

Still gonna keep waiting forever for a Baker Pantheon skin.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

AHH FUGH posted:

Ao Shin officially cancelled, replaced by "another dragon champion" tentatively named "Aurelion Sol", which is coincidentally also the name of Bond's Flame Wolf fursona.

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/6AdWWjpd-evolution-of-a-dragon-champion

How did you know??

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

AHH FUGH posted:

...so their biggest hurdle was being unable to figure out his theme? Really?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I think it's more that they were having issues coming up with a good skill kit for him that felt good to use, at least I remember them mentioning that in the past when talking about Ao Shin.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Generic Octopus posted:

That's Riot Games speak for "his concept was boring and his kit was boring and there was nothing we could think of to not make him boring"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Can't wait until this other dragon champ gets a real reveal so I can say "wow garbage this is what you scrapped ao-shin for???"

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Generic Octopus posted:

They're going to pretty big lengths to create a universe, likely so they can expand upon it and build other games into their IP, like Blizzard has done with Warcraft's. Most champion's back stories are remarkably trite and pointless (Something bad happened in my childhood, so I joined the League????) and it's probably for the best that they don't let that get worse.

AHH FUGH posted:

That's Riot Games speak for "his concept was boring and his kit was boring and there was nothing we could think of to not make him boring"

And, yeah, this plus "we would have to put a lot of work and energy into making a really boring champ not look ridiculous while walking around"

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Methanar posted:

They literally named him golden sun.

riot please rename to doom dragon

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
now.. I'm no scientist, but hear me out. What if Riot just named this dragon Ao Shin?

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
We're trying to break away from the same lines of thinking and player expectations that we used on Ao Shin - a future Ghostcrawler post

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
They coulda just made it so that you control his head and the rest of his body trails sinuously behind him sort of like what Ekko's ult effect looks like right now. Bam I'll take my check in the mail Riot Games.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

AHH FUGH posted:

as opposed to the exciting new kit of Aurelion Sol, who does percent max health damage, has a dash, and skillshot cc.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The Muramana nerf is a secret blue Ezreal nerf by the cowards at Riot games

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Good

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
Going back to Galio chat. Would adding a dive to his ult be too overpowered? Make it like Aatrox's Q. He fly's up then dives on the enemy team and performs his ult like normal.

I mean he has goddamn wings. He should stop being fat and lazy and use them.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

Going back to Galio chat. Would adding a dive to his ult be too overpowered? Make it like Aatrox's Q. He fly's up then dives on the enemy team and performs his ult like normal.

I mean he has goddamn wings. He should stop being fat and lazy and use them.

Far, far too good. Lack of mobility is the only thing that keeps Galio in check. If they added a dash they'd have to reduce the radius of his ult to about that of Aatrox's Q or knock is his damage way down or blow up his cooldowns and he'd just feel bad and boring again.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yes I think putting a dash onto an aoe damage taunt ult would probably be a bit much

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

The Muramana nerf is a secret blue Ezreal nerf by the cowards at Riot games

But they said it's not :ohdear: is riot lying

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Not being able to activate Muramana at sub 20% mana or use it on minions is definitely a nerf. I find it really hard to believe the toggle on it was that complicated to use??

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

rabidsquid posted:

Yes I think putting a dash onto an aoe damage taunt ult would probably be a bit much

Kalista + Galio, you heard it here first.

Or maybe Libertine has already done that, idk.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

I can see where you're coming from. But I counter that I don't see how it's not that much different from a Tibbers bomb. A ranged aoe damage stun.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
galio ult is a much bigger area than tibbers, and annie is also like galio pretty reliant on flash to get good ults off

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Banner of command and zzrot portal are both MR items for Galio passive if you're looking for a gimmicky thing to play next patch when zzrot is back

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

foutre posted:

Kalista + Galio, you heard it here first.

Or maybe Libertine has already done that, idk.

Yeah that was the reason I started playing the Galio support in the first place but Bond correctly pointed out to me that Galio was really bad at proccing the marks for Kalista. It's still a blast getting sling shot into the fray.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

amazeballs posted:

Sometimes I think this anchor just weighs me down :v:

I got to level 30, finished my placements, and was humbled by my Bronze 1 placement. I have since lost 5 straight and am Bronze 2 now. I'm not sweatin' it because I get to work on being a better league player and tracking progress is fun, but oh man I finally am learning what people were talking about when they said moba communities are full of lovely people.

Every game I mute the enemy team and get ready to mute my teammates. Also I learned after two games not to say anything ever.

Not saying anything ever isn't the most effective I think. Ideally you would have a hot key that types "good job" when someone on your team makes a good play. It will backfire occasionally because people get a little crazy and goof off occasionally, but generally being proactively positive is worth the effort.

You'll know you have reached decent mmr when after your team takes first inhibitor they back or take another objective and don't suicide to nexus turrets. This is about mid platinum

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

C'mon guys loving SKARNER had his time where he was always picked and banned. Can't Galio have his moment? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Video Games 0150 posted:

You'll know you have reached decent mmr when after your team takes first inhibitor they back or take another objective and don't suicide to nexus turrets. This is about mid platinumnever

I mean really, I just watched a pro team suicide rush a nexus.

• Locked thread