Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I work in construction, and a good nail gun can fire a nail a loving good distance. maybe 1 out of 20 will embed in something tip first.

She's using a Makita 23 gauge pin nailer. I couldn't stop laughing seeing that 80mm nails stuck in the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Rocksicles posted:

I work in construction, and a good nail gun can fire a nail a loving good distance. maybe 1 out of 20 will embed in something tip first.

She's using a Makita 23 gauge pin nailer. I couldn't stop laughing seeing that 80mm nails stuck in the wall.

That kind of thing always makes me laugh too, nails aren't aerodynamic at all, and it's not like nail guns are designed to fire from anywhere other than less than one inch away from object to be nailed so they lack things like rifled barrels or fixed sights that you would need to be any kind of accurate with them.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nails with a full head for nail guns are collated separated by plastic because of the head, the gun mags are loving HUGE.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well obviously this is a modified combat nail gun.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's painted tactical black!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

nail gun technology has improved dramatically in star city thanks to the Palmer Tech Energy Cell

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Brother Entropy posted:

nail gun technology has improved dramatically in star city thanks to the Palmer Tech Energy Cell

Nail gun, more like rail gun

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The citizens of Star City don't have time to waste. From earthquakes to ninjas to super soldiers, the city is constantly under siege.

So when you need to board up your windows because yet another brawl has broken out in your street, you don't want to be walking back and forth carrying boards and nails. Each second you spend outside your apocalypse bunker is a second you open yourself up to taking a stray arrow. Palmer Tech nail guns have an effective range of 300 meters, and last a full year on one charge. Nail it, before you get screwed.

For maximum safety, pair your nail gun up with the all new Palmer Tech board thrower.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I love Dahrk, he's one of the most delightfully evil villains on TV.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

greatn posted:

I love Dahrk, he's one of the most delightfully evil villains on TV.

I mean, being able to force-choke someone from across the planet is a pretty threatening thing to do alone. But he's loving giddy about doing it. We don't even know how long he's been at this, given his appearance on LoT.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

ApeHawk posted:

I mean, being able to force-choke someone from across the planet is a pretty threatening thing to do alone. But he's loving giddy about doing it. We don't even know how long he's been at this, given his appearance on LoT.

Ra's became Ra's I think around the early 19th Century, and he said Dahrk was a fellow student at the time.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
https://twitter.com/JamesBamford/status/698274159919366144
So Felicity's mom gets time for a sideplot, and we have time for some pointless Felicity + father time, but you need to cut down the Oliver Queen vs. Malcolm Merlyn fight that ends with Merlyn losing a hand...

There is no fixing this show.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

TyrantWD posted:

Counterpoint: Neal McDonough

libertao
Jun 23, 2006
Doofus
At first I rolled my eyes at the nail gun, but then I pictured it in a comic book -- of course the evil demolition squad is going to have demolition-themed tools to fight with. I know the "hey it's a comic book show" cop-out can get a bit carried away, but I've seen worse.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

libertao posted:

At first I rolled my eyes at the nail gun, but then I pictured it in a comic book -- of course the evil demolition squad is going to have demolition-themed tools to fight with. I know the "hey it's a comic book show" cop-out can get a bit carried away, but I've seen worse.

In the comics, her character uses a modified bolt gun, so this was a just a simplification of that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demolition_Team

Rosie the Riveter... get it? :cheeky:

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Feb 18, 2016

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
I enjoyed that (apart from the setting up of more Felicity cry talking when she finds out about the kid). I mean for fucks sake, Speedy worked it out in less than a day from seemingly public info why does no one think to advise Ollie to tell Felicity (uber hacker) before she finds out for her self. And more to the point why are alarm bells not ringing out to Ollie that is Thea can work it out, Dhuracuk surely will.

Anyway, the action scenes were cool this week, then I remembered that someone mentioned last week that it was the stunt guy directing again. Standouts for me were the long uncut shot of the Lances escaping the first building, and Thea and Laurel fighting one of the demolition team up high past an opening and you see Diggle fighting with the sledgehammer guy in the background down below.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Thea was explicitly looking through her mother's stuff. I don't think Darhk has access to them.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Mr Beens posted:

Anyway, the action scenes were cool this week, then I remembered that someone mentioned last week that it was the stunt guy directing again. Standouts for me were the long uncut shot of the Lances escaping the first building, and Thea and Laurel fighting one of the demolition team up high past an opening and you see Diggle fighting with the sledgehammer guy in the background down below.

Ya I loved the practical effects, I definitely noticed the stunt guy directing as there were lots of random fights and lots of running with explosions. I even noticed that the "group fights all the ninjas/soldiers at once in a melee brawl" was even more on point this episode with the characters doing some really good moves and less dancing in circles.

Is there a gif of Diggles flying kick yet?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ApeHawk posted:

He needs to go back wearing Neru suits.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Senerio posted:

Thea was explicitly looking through her mother's stuff. I don't think Darhk has access to them.

The cheque was discovered by a researcher on his team looking for stuff that the other side could find and use against Ollie, which was in the assumedly public records of Queen Industries (otherwise why did it get flagged as a potential skeleton that could come out) - Thea connected the dots by looking up her name and finding out she went to college with Ollie and has a kid of the right age, all public info.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
I just remembered, did Diggle use some fucken Magneto powers to repel a sledgehammer last night? Like, was he wearing a franklin badge or anti-sledgehammer spray or something?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Mr Beens posted:

The cheque was discovered by a researcher on his team looking for stuff that the other side could find and use against Ollie, which was in the assumedly public records of Queen Industries (otherwise why did it get flagged as a potential skeleton that could come out) - Thea connected the dots by looking up her name and finding out she went to college with Ollie and has a kid of the right age, all public info.

Which is strange because how is a check that was never cashed in the public record?

Neon Knight posted:

I just remembered, did Diggle use some fucken Magneto powers to repel a sledgehammer last night? Like, was he wearing a franklin badge or anti-sledgehammer spray or something?

Yep, surprising but cool. Pushed a little badge on his jacket and it repelled the hammer. (of course no other metal including a giant loving helmet right there next to it did anything.)

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Burning_Monk posted:

Yep, surprising but cool. Pushed a little badge on his jacket and it repelled the hammer. (of course no other metal including a giant loving helmet right there next to it did anything.)

Cisco probably made it, so kinetic force is reversed in a field around the user and magnets and :technobabble:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Burning_Monk posted:

Ya I loved the practical effects, I definitely noticed the stunt guy directing as there were lots of random fights and lots of running with explosions. I even noticed that the "group fights all the ninjas/soldiers at once in a melee brawl" was even more on point this episode with the characters doing some really good moves and less dancing in circles.

Is there a gif of Diggles flying kick yet?

The bomb disarming fight definitely stood out as a highlight of a pretty good episode. I liked that the three fights were pretty different. Diggle and the hammer dude were brawlers, Speedy, Canary, and Nail Gun threw a lot of spins and kicks, and Oliver did his usual bow fu. Even the way they disarmed the bombs was in line with character traits, especially Thea stabbing it so ferociously.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Burning_Monk posted:

Which is strange because how is a check that was never cashed in the public record?

That is a plot hole, but just roll with it. It gave Thea a reason to find out before anyone else could (aside from Malcolm).

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Burning_Monk posted:

Moira kept an impeccably balanced checkbook

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

TyrantWD posted:

I'd say it's been fixed for a solid three or four months now.

I mean, okay, it's gotten to the point that I've been skipping the island flashbacks outright (and I sat through the Hong Kong bullshit so wow), but I can honestly say that this is one of my favorite shows again.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

TyrantWD posted:

https://twitter.com/JamesBamford/status/698274159919366144
So Felicity's mom gets time for a sideplot, and we have time for some pointless Felicity + father time, but you need to cut down the Oliver Queen vs. Malcolm Merlyn fight that ends with Merlyn losing a hand...

I'm glad the fight was so short, Ollie beat Merlyn in the first season, then beat the guy Merlyn could never beat. Merlyn is scrub tier just there for Thea to eventually take out.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Felicity's Mom looked banging in this episode. total milf.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Felicity's Mom looked banging in this episode. total milf.

Convinced me more than ever it's her in the grave. :rip: Milficity.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Can we somehow have Felicity be in that grave instead of her mom? It'd make me like the show almost as much as I did before.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Krad posted:

Can we somehow have Felicity be in that grave instead of her mom? It'd make me like the show almost as much as I did before.

Only if her hot mom turns out to be a pro hacker too and joins the team.

Alternatively I hope the thing in the grave is the terrible flashbacks. They haven't been any good since season 2.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Felicity is in the grave. Felicity in the car is from Earth 2 so no ring.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

greatn posted:

Felicity is in the grave. Felicity in the car is from Earth 2 so no ring.

God if only. But first E2 Felicity has to spend an entire episode telling E1 Felicity how terrible she is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's a lot nicer than her counterpart too. The one with the ring is a huge rear end in a top hat.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Jesus this really is a slow motion train wreck. I really hope Lance/Momlicity's little side arc is indicative (and takes about as long) as the incoming Ollie/Felicity spat because they spent this long actually making me give a poo poo about their relationship and I'm gonna be real pissed if she reverts back to Quivering Voice Yelling Felicity for longer than an episode at most.

On the other hand, Curtis is Terrific, isn't he? :allears:

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

muscles like this? posted:

Someone needs to gif that Dig flying kick stat.

I had the same need.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I've been behind for the last three weeks, and I just finished catching up. I'm glad they wrapped up all the League stuff, they're definitely kicking into high gear with HIVE now. Everything has been really fun and tightly plotted. Flashbacks are still pointless other than teaching the same moral Oliver needs at the particular moment in the present.

Man, they sure know how to pick the actors for this show. The actress playing Vixen :swoon:

libertao
Jun 23, 2006
Doofus
Some misremembering going on here -- Thea said their lawyer (not Thea, and probably someone with access to otherwise confidential records involving the estate) found that after the undertaking, homeland security did a tax audit and found the check.

howe_sam posted:

Moira kept an impeccably balanced checkbook

I would say that keeping track of a million-dollar check floating around waiting to be cashed is the absolute bare minimum of balanced checkbooks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

Man, they sure know how to pick the actors for this show. The actress playing Vixen :swoon:

They didn't exactly have to go out of their way. She's the voice actor for Vixen on the animated series.

• Locked thread