Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Ahhhhhhahahahahaha people really believe them holy poo poo

The current SF5 release system is looking to be much more expensive for both new and ongoing casual players than the SF4 ultra/arcade edition upgrades so yeah, I believe them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Capcom is a really good company I trust that whatever they do, they are looking out for their fans best interest.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Who ya'll trying to convince

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

SF4's new versions were a good deal and I wish they were doing that again instead. Ultra was a $15 upgrade that adds five dudes, SF5 is charging twice that for six. That blows.

A True Jar Jar Fan fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Feb 19, 2016

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Spectacle Rock posted:

Goons, I require your assistance. I do not own a PS4. I think I am finally ready to buy one (I live in America.) Basically I'm buying it "for the future." There will be game(s) coming out soon that I really want to play that are PS4 only.

So, from what I've gathered I can get a PS4 for $349. Is that probably the best thing to do? Just buy a console by itself and then pick some games for it when they come out? I just don't want to miss out on buying some really good bundle or up coming promotion I don't know about.

I do really want to get the Morpheus Playstation VR Headset when it comes out, but that won't be until June and I'll probably just get that as an add on down the road.

So, I just want to make sure I'm not doing something dumb by just going to the store and dropping $349 for a PS4.

Eh, I'd hold off unless you have a BURNING NEED to play something like bloodborne or last of us remastered.

There's bound to be a bundle that saves a couple bucks when the VR comes out.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Who ya'll trying to convince

casual players. someone other than hardcore fight guys need to buy the dumb game

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was not being serious Capcom is the worst.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

NESguerilla posted:

There are worse companies

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

NESguerilla posted:

All my bellyaching about the game's dumb fake money system aside and delayed features, I do think they deserve credit for the online play (after the first night) being more stable than any other PS4 fighter I've played. It's been super smooth so far and matches connect pretty quickly, I've only had one or two really laggy matches. I think it's a very fun game (I even like Survival mode, even if 50-100 matches is too long), it's just surrounded by some dumb crap.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Surlaw posted:

SF4's new versions were a good deal and I wish they were doing that again instead. Ultra was a $15 upgrade that adds five dudes, SF5 is charging twice that for six. That blows.

And Guilty Gear Revelator is twice of that for the same amount. Anime is where it's at.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

NESguerilla posted:

You can't say poo poo like that when Konami exists, come on now.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Or you can, because they don't

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they exist but not in the conversation of worst video game companies because they are no longer one of those

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If only there were a way to create new threads in the games forum for discussion of specific topics. I feel like street fighter would be a good candidate for one of those threads. Oh well....

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

woah drat, a page of conversation about a game in the ps4 thread. holy poo poo you animals

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Spend a day in the xbox thread, expand yo mind

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Awesome! posted:

they exist but not in the conversation of worst video game companies because they are no longer one of those

Leaving the videogame industry doesn't give them a pass for all the poo poo they've done. They're still the worst.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Awesome! posted:

woah drat, a page of conversation about a game in the ps4 thread. holy poo poo you animals

It's been like 10 pages of he same thing: SFV sucks for various reasons.

My phone autocorrects SFV to AFV, which honestly would be better.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Whoa, drat.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Awesome! posted:

Incredibly hosed up.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

TaurusOxford posted:

Leaving the videogame industry doesn't give them a pass for all the poo poo they've done. They're still the worst.
clearly we need different stats for active and all time players like sports.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Speaking of SFV, how exactly does the matchmaking work? I have 0 LP and I'm getting matched with people who have hundreds/thousands.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
SFV bashing is better than the 2-3 page derails that often happen about which final fantasy game is everyone's favourite and why

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Speaking of SFV, how exactly does the matchmaking work? I have 0 LP and I'm getting matched with people who have hundreds/thousands.

I just went from rookie to bronze at 500LP and people know how to do things like combos now

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

It seems to be wonky. Generally you're supposed to be matched with other players in your class. Similar to how League does rankings from what I'm told.

But yeah it sucks as me, a rookie, being matched up with Super Bronze players every once in a while.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The four chambers of flying puzzle in Talos Principle is some serious troll poo poo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Smirking_Serpent posted:

you need to play a bunch before it knows how good you are. i've played 30-40 matches over 3 days and have around 300 points. i am still in rookie league but now about 50% of people i play I can beat and my points are rising. it matches me now exclusively with rookies and bronze leaguers with 1100 points or less.

give it time to figure you out

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I hadn't paid a lot of attention to Far Cry Primal. But I was interested. I guess I thought it was a new full on full game.

It's actually more of a Blood Dragon standalone expansion?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

that would be news to me

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Feenix posted:

So I hadn't paid a lot of attention to Far Cry Primal. But I was interested. I guess I thought it was a new full on full game.

It's actually more of a Blood Dragon standalone expansion?

I'm pretty sure they're charging $60 for it but if you're talking about "how much new content is there" I don't have a clue, they've been kinda tight-lipped. I'm pretty burnt out on this genre in generally and will probably be happy to skip this one (especially since it's dropping co-op support) but who knows, maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I literally just meant I read a couple game sites talking about how it was a standalone expansions of FC4 "not unlike Blood Dragon."

They could be wrong, of course... But as I saw it in more than one place, it had me wondering...

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

If only there were a way to create new threads in the games forum for discussion of specific topics. I feel like street fighter would be a good candidate for one of those threads. Oh well....

There are other threads for many of the games that get discussed in this thread. Fortunately this is a general discussion topic and any game that falls under the broad topic of "PS4 games" belong in here and even bearing that in mind games for other systems often get discussed in here too without complaint. SFV is probably the biggest game coming out this month and it's also a console exclusive for the PS4 so it kind of makes sense to talk about it in here. loving deal with it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

axleblaze posted:

There are other threads for many of the games that get discussed in this thread. Fortunately this is a general discussion topic and any game that falls under the broad topic of "PS4 games" belong in here and even bearing that in mind games for other systems often get discussed in here too without complaint. SFV is probably the biggest game coming out this month and it's also a console exclusive for the PS4 so it kind of makes sense to talk about it in here. loving deal with it.

Yeah I think anyone who's like "hey I have a PS4 and want a new game for it hows Street Fighter V?" is probably better off posting here than clicking on the SFV thread and jumping to page 84 and seeing post after post of "HK cMP xx cSP" or whatever . Ppl probably gonna post about PS4 games in the PS4 thread and the discussion here is much less in-depth than the specific threads for those games and that serves a purpose

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

You should probably stay there

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

mycot posted:

And Guilty Gear Revelator is twice of that for the same amount. Anime is where it's at.
Oh poo poo, Jam is in that one? I might have to get that, and then relearn Guilty Gear.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Surlaw posted:

You do realize you can get those characters for free, right?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Can someone post that video of the pro street fighter kid trying to get off the 2 foot high stage and resigning himself to roll off on his side like a toddler when he can't do it? That's a drat good clip but I can't find it.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

SFV bashing is better than the 2-3 page derails that often happen about which final fantasy game is everyone's favourite and why

All of them because they rule.
Except XIII, last boss sucks.

No, for real, ragequit at the last form of Pope Ratzinger in XIII, found I blocked myself out of the combo that could take him down and had no earlier save to go back and get the items I needed, then started a new game and played through all of it again to finally finish the story mode
4/10 game of the year

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Nuclear Throne is too fun. I just "one more try"'d myself for two hours and now it's late I will hate myself in the morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

limaCAT posted:

All of them because they rule.
Except XIII, last boss sucks.

No, for real, ragequit at the last form of Pope Ratzinger in XIII, found I blocked myself out of the combo that could take him down and had no earlier save to go back and get the items I needed, then started a new game and played through all of it again to finally finish the story mode
4/10 game of the year

I've completed FFXIII twice (don't ask) and I have hard time thinking what you could possibly referring to that couldn't be solved simply by leveling up your crystarium.

• Locked thread