Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Tech Bubble Burst Round 2 can't come soon enough!

I'm docking a couple of points for her use of tech bros, though. 7/10

At the end of the night, founders sit at long communal work stations laughing about their new high rents and what drew them to San Francisco.

Bradley Deyo, a 24-year-old sharing a one-bedroom with his brother and co-founder, just went to an event in Sunnyvale and found a parking space that said “Venture Capitalist parking only,” he says, showing me a picture on his phone.

“That just doesn’t happen in Maryland,” he says. “When I saw that sign I said, ‘I’m in the right place’.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"MAYO [url= posted:

FETISH" post="456440365"]
what would be a suitable way to die as a millennial?

2 IMO.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Mad Monk posted:

Do you work on them? I've been thinking about learning how to repair them. I have a feeling that my current hobby of drinking and smoking might be coming to it's end after a glorious 30 years or so.

I want to learn how to fix them but no I don't. A lot of them are dead but I do have some that are windup that are functioning. The only really interesting one I own is one that my grandmother bought in China. It's a really pretty gold watch and has a nice design on it. I'm not rich and so my "collecting" is pretty much just department store pocket watches that I think look nice. I almost got one when I went to London that was an antique but spent too much time admiring the antique top hats and swords and stuff and forgot to get it. I regret that because there were some nice ones there for pretty cheap.

I've got about a dozen of them lying around here. I keep on meaning to buy a display thing to hang them on but can never find one that I like. They're not amazing antique or anything, most of them are fairly plain since that's the style I really like. I prefer the cover to be plain since most of the engravings/art I see are terrible.

Cowman fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 19, 2016

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

etalian posted:

“That just doesn’t happen in Maryland,” he says.

i agree, maryland is nicer than sf

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Blacktoll posted:

I just want everyone to go gently caress themselves because I found out that I'm a milennial.
just deny it and feel good about yourself

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

symbolic posted:

just deny it and feel good about yourself

Nah, therapy for all.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Cowman posted:

I want to learn how to fix them but no I don't. A lot of them are dead but I do have some that are windup that are functioning. The only really interesting one I own is one that my grandmother bought in China. It's a really pretty gold watch and has a nice design on it. I'm not rich and so my "collecting" is pretty much just department store pocket watches that I think look nice. I almost got one when I went to London that was an antique but spent too much time admiring the antique top hats and swords and stuff and forgot to get it. I regret that because there were some nice ones there for pretty cheap.

I've got about a dozen of them lying around here. I keep on meaning to buy a display thing to hang them on but can never find one that I like. They're not amazing antique or anything, most of them are fairly plain since that's the style I really like. I prefer the cover to be plain since most of the engravings/art I see are terrible.

You're talking about vapes right

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE
I'm the pill container.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

etalian posted:

At the end of the night, founders sit at long communal work stations laughing about their new high rents and what drew them to San Francisco.

Bradley Deyo, a 24-year-old sharing a one-bedroom with his brother and co-founder, just went to an event in Sunnyvale and found a parking space that said “Venture Capitalist parking only,” he says, showing me a picture on his phone.

“That just doesn’t happen in Maryland,” he says. “When I saw that sign I said, ‘I’m in the right place’.”

What is the tech-hipster equivalent of a guillotine? A chop saw, maybe?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

lol, stupid fuckin millenial cant even wipe his own rear end

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Grand Prize Winner posted:

quadcopter blades

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

quote:

Let me tell you a bit about myself. I'm a 16 year old Junior at a Catholic high school(I'll be applying to colleges next year) I have a visual impairment. No vision in my right eye, and limited vision in my left( I'm legally blind. I do all of my schoolwork on the computer) I went to public school K-9, and I had a very bad experience. I was bullied a lot by the students, and my advisors had very low expectations of me because of my vision. They wouldn't let me take Honors classes, even though I had the grades to take them. At the beginning of 9th grade I finally got tired of it. I was determined to get into private school for 10th grade. When I informed my public school advisor of my plan she told me "Don't get your hopes up buddy, private schools are for rich kids and athletes." Well not only did I get into the private school, but I got an 80% scholarship. My visual issues have caused a lot of obstacles, but I've overcome them all. The reason my GOA is so low is Science. The visual nature of the courses makes it tough. My main interests are politics, theology, and philosophy. I'm a Paleoconservative( my favorite political figure is Pat Buchanan) and a member of the John Birch Society. I have been a member of my schools choir for 3 years.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

etalian posted:

At the end of the night, founders sit at long communal work stations laughing about their new high rents

Ha! Ha! We're paying absurdly inflated rent and it's hilarious!

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Frog Act posted:

I'm a Paleoconservative

Ya boy!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

nomadologique posted:

i once saw a man, a genuinely homeless man, not one of these youths homeless by choice as a rejection of the capitalist system on which they continue to feed, SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS at a homeless woman in the subway that he wanted to eat her rear end

over and over he screamed this

GIMME SOME OF THT AASS

A homeless man and woman were sitting on a stoop in front of my house a while back, drinking liquor out of a paper bag. The woman tried to grab the bottle and he whooshed it away like "nuh uh". She rolled her eyes, dropped trou, and spread out her rear end in front of his face for a few seconds, pulled her pants back up and grabbed the bottle out of his hands.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

NESguerilla posted:

A homeless man and woman were sitting on a stoop in front of my house a while back, drinking liquor out of a paper bag. The woman tried to grab the bottle and he whooshed it away like "nuh uh". She rolled her eyes, dropped trou, and spread out her rear end in front of his face for a few seconds, pulled her pants back up and grabbed the bottle out of his hands.

did she fart?

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

NESguerilla posted:

I've never really understood economics

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

That looks like a foley artist's sound effect board.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

A Strange Aeon posted:

did she fart?

I was in my living room so not sure, but judging by the looks of her it wouldn't really matter.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

probably because they are ripped grizzled dudes who actually should have beards and not dudes like this

No more backbone than a chocolate eclair

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

That's to teach the kid how to get to the bleach under the sink, right?

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

Holy poo poo this is brilliant. My kids would love this.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Every time I read about one of these tech sociopaths all I can think of is AL Swerengen considering "...that may be cause for cutting some throats"

I mean, violence never solved anything. But I live in Belfast, and there's no bailiffs in Belfast, and that's mostly because the IRA made a point of shooting them back in the seventies.

I suppose homeless people don't have guns though.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Kid trips, springy door thing impales eye socket.

SPPPPRRRROOOOIIIINNNNGGGGG.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

So what's incorrect about this guys complaint?

Homeless people are gross and no one wants to see them

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

joedevola posted:

Every time I read about one of these tech sociopaths all I can think of is AL Swerengen considering "...that may be cause for cutting some throats"

I mean, violence never solved anything. But I live in Belfast, and there's no bailiffs in Belfast, and that's mostly because the IRA made a point of shooting them back in the seventies.

I suppose homeless people don't have guns though.

Put a rifle in a home bums hands, and they would sell it for hooch then ask you for another rifle next week.

If they had the sand or the sense to organize like that, they wouldn't be homeless.

But what do I know. Maybe Putin will enter next years SF Disrupt contest w/ an new geolocation concept aimed at putting Mosins into the hands of the poor and desperate. A sort of crowsourced flashmob for bayoneting executives? Private armies could really revolutionize the way people do business.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

I built one of these for my friends daughter who has a disability so she could learn about and practice using commonplace objects like that for her birthday a few years back she loved it :shrug: she isnt a millennial but i am does that count?

Mine was way nicer looking

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

German SMG, Russian RPG and a knife from a video game. Typical Millennial, I guess American products aren't good enough for you guys.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Sandweed posted:

German SMG, Russian RPG and a knife from a video game. Typical Millennial, I guess American products aren't good enough for you guys.

No you can thank Boomer globalization efforts for that. The flag was probably made in China, too.

I just work with what I got.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Not really a millennial thing, looks like a homemade version of most baby toys that have been around for decades. Especially the saucers. Those things are nothing but objects to pull push and turn to improve motor skills.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

amusinginquiry posted:

So what's incorrect about this guys complaint?

Homeless people are gross and no one wants to see them

Untrue, homeless people help you feel better about yourself.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Grand Prize Winner posted:

gently caress low-tech - let them slash their wrists with a torn Pabst can.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Ork of Fiction posted:

Private armies could really revolutionize the way people do business.

there's nothing new under the sun, and i think this one's coming back in a big way

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Pretty good idea tbh.

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
what loving idiotic term are they going to mak efor the next generation?

2000-tendies gen?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

MAYO FETISH posted:

what loving idiotic term are they going to mak efor the next generation?

2000-tendies gen?
they call me "Gen Z". there's also "Homeland Generation" or "iGeneration" but both of those names suck rear end and i hate them.

i also find it kind of whimsical that a company has so much clout over the world economy, an entire generation is named after them.

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
what is homeland generation supposed to mean?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

MAYO FETISH posted:

what is homeland generation supposed to mean?
born around the time when the department of homeland security came into being, or too young to remember a time without it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'd say that it's the first generation to have every moment of their life monitored by the US government, but that's pretty optimistic

• Locked thread