Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

triplexpac posted:

Wow, jacking up the price of a Season Pass is something I never considered before. That's diabolical.

It happened before too, with Dying Light. At the very least, they're not raising the price for a few weeks, so you still have a chance to get it at the lower price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

At face value it does sound like a good thing. The developers saw how good the first game was and decided to put even more development time on the dlc stuff to make it just as good if not better. Bethesda's saying the next Big Fallout dlc is going to be the biggest dlc map they've ever given so I bet it's the size of like 2 bloodmoons

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

At face value it does sound like a good thing. The developers saw how good the first game was and decided to put even more development time on the dlc stuff to make it just as good if not better. Bethesda's saying the next Big Fallout dlc is going to be the biggest dlc map they've ever given so I bet it's the size of like 2 bloodmoons

On the other hand I can't ever find myself wanting a bloodmoon sized expac if everything will still be based off of CHA and I can't actually role play even a little bit because all the options are saying the same things.

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

DreamShipWrecked posted:

They are doing a second open beta? That's pretty ballsy given the lukewarm reception to the first. I guess to capture people that didn't get to try it the first time around (like myself)

Beta reception seemed good when you look past the "graphics downgrade" or "not enough content" circle jerk.

It was a limited beta, with one main mission, level 8 of 30, apparently no anti cheat enabled either.

I thought the closed beta was good. Played it around 30+ hours on PS4 and PC combined. Graphics looked good, controls/combat felt good, dark zone was amazing.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Billy Elliot posted:

Beta reception seemed good when you look past the "graphics downgrade" or "not enough content" circle jerk.

It was a limited beta, with one main mission, level 8 of 30, apparently no anti cheat enabled either.

I thought the closed beta was good. Played it around 30+ hours on PS4 and PC combined. Graphics looked good, controls/combat felt good, dark zone was amazing.

Yep, the general goon consensus sure seemed to be that it was much better than expected, with the biggest worries being lack of content (Destiny Demo syndrome) and the lack of anti-cheat on PC. I really liked it, and pre-ordered after the beta weekend.

Have they said if this upcoming beta weekend would have more content, or the same as the previous one?

AOTKPTW
Nov 27, 2011

#nalPlE
The 2nd mission is now there as well as a new faction.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-02-18-whats-new-in-the-division-open-beta

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Far Cry 4 and Zombi (U) bundle for $20? Not bad!

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/games/far-cry-4-and-zombi-bundle/cid=UP0001-CUSA01886_00-FARCRY4PLUSZOMBI?platform=hootsuite
(Canada link)

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Wait, they made SF5 progress tied to being online? A fighting game?

that's almost as retarded as naming your third console the Xbox One. almost

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I was playing Helldivers listening to my teammates chat and one guy was playing on his Vita and another guy was interested in it and the first guy maybe convinced him to get one.

there isn't more to this story. just a Vita sighting in the wild, I guess. someone is convincing others to pick them up

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
if the vita could do homebrew for SNES/Genesis/DS/PSX/PS2, I would never own another vidjagame system

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

a shameful boehner posted:

Wait, they made SF5 progress tied to being online? A fighting game?

that's almost as retarded as naming your third console the Xbox One. almost

there is no progress in the game that isn't part of its online store though outside of unlocking useless titles and colors.
Perhaps you overestimate what shipped but its literally 30 mins of story content, some bad survival mode, vs., and online netplay.
that's it.
you have no use for fight money unless you are going to be online and all that is stored server side to prevent cheating

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
yea. my last fighting game i bought was guilty gear x2 so i'm probably a bti behind on fighters these days

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

a shameful boehner posted:

if the vita could do homebrew for SNES/Genesis/DS/PSX/PS2, I would never own another vidjagame system

Vita is nowhere near powerful enough to emulate a PS2, even if you could do proper homebrew with it.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Can it remote play the PS4 PS2 games? I'm thinking about getting a PS4 as an accessory for my Vita.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cloks posted:

Can it remote play the PS4 PS2 games? I'm thinking about getting a PS4 as an accessory for my Vita.

yup

so far the only game i know of that shipped without remote play working was dragon ball xenoverse

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i believe you can remote play anything since its a system level feature and is just transmitting game image/control input back and forth

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cloks posted:

The Vita is pretty much the best accessory for the PS4, and vice versa.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Cool. I prefer playing games while reclining and the Vita is great for that.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I found a Vita on Craigslist with a bunch of crap games for 80 I've been pleased with it, mainly for getting free PS+ games and the remote play works way better then I expected it to(I have great internet) so if you were going to get it for that go ahead.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Real hurthling! posted:

there is no progress in the game that isn't part of its online store though outside of unlocking useless titles and colors.
Perhaps you overestimate what shipped but its literally 30 mins of story content, some bad survival mode, vs., and online netplay.
that's it.
you have no use for fight money unless you are going to be online and all that is stored server side to prevent cheating

I thought you used fight money to unlock characters? Can you get fight money through offline versus play?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Nickoten posted:

I thought you used fight money to unlock characters? Can you get fight money through offline versus play?

You have to be online to earn fight money. There is no way to earn fight money offline.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You also cannot use the money until March when shop functionality is added

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Crappy Jack posted:

You have to be online to earn fight money. There is no way to earn fight money offline.

Haha, wow that's lovely for a fighting game.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Nickoten posted:

Haha, wow that's lovely for a fighting game.

Correct. Welcome to SFV chat.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the online has been good. they really nailed the rollback netcode which is all they really need in the game to keep the base happy. new players and casuals are scratching their heads for sure though.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
If they allowed people to earn those points offline someone would write a bot to get all the characters for free once they are released.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Real hurthling! posted:

new players and casuals are scratching their heads for sure though.
and they did this...why? so tournaments would play sf5 instead of 4 this year? who cares when it is doing damage to the brand in the minds of all those casual fans

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

El Hefe posted:

If they allowed people to earn those points offline someone would write a bot to get all the characters for free once they are released.

Oh, maybe I misread that response. I thought it meant you couldn't get Fight Money from playing the versus mode (as in, local versus) even if your console was connected to the internet. So you can earn fight money in offline versus if the ps4 is online? Because that would be much more understandable.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Nickoten posted:

So you can earn fight money in offline versus if the ps4 is online? Because that would be much more understandable.

Yes, though you apparently need to beat the story mode with every character to get enough currency to unlock one character.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Saoshyant posted:

Yes, though you apparently need to beat the story mode with every character to get enough currency to unlock one character.

Which to be fair takes like 90 min tops

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Awesome! posted:

i believe you can remote play anything since its a system level feature and is just transmitting game image/control input back and forth
Nah they can lock it out on at least a per game basis, and probably including just locking out music etc., just like the various sharing options that they can also lock down. You don't really own a lot of PS4 features, you borrow a license

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

CrashCat posted:

Nah they can lock it out on at least a per game basis, and probably including just locking out music etc., just like the various sharing options that they can also lock down. You don't really own a lot of PS4 features, you borrow a license

You can use remote play with every single game playable on the PS4, only restriction are things like Plex and other apps.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Billy Gnosis posted:

Which to be fair takes like 90 min tops

Yes, but it's not repeatable.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

El Hefe posted:

You can use remote play with every single game playable on the PS4, only restriction are things like Plex and other apps.
No, they can definitely lock it out. It's just usually they only lock it out for games that would be impossible to play, like stuff that uses a PS4 camera.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

CrashCat posted:

No, they can definitely lock it out. It's just usually they only lock it out for games that would be impossible to play, like stuff that uses a PS4 camera.

That's just a technical limitation, not because they feel like it or because the game developer doesn't want to.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

El Hefe posted:

That's just a technical limitation, not because they feel like it or because the game developer doesn't want to.
Yeah, most likely. Unlike the poo poo they pull with Share Play, which pissed me off when I got a split screen game hoping to play with a buddy and it noped them the gently caress out of there.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Hi thread, I've always wanted to check out Noby Noby Boy, but never had a PS3 in my house until now. I just looked it up and it seems like growing and reporting in was a huge part of the game, is there any point to playing now that it's "complete?"

That said, are there any other weird/quirky/arty exclusives for the system I missed out on? I never followed playstation stuff.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

journey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Hohokum fits that bill.

This too.

• Locked thread