Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Jaha rolls up to Camp Jaha and sees the "Arkadia" sign...

"Well, I didn't see THAT coming." :roflolmao:

I don't get why he has to be all mystical about the City of Light though. Why can't he just say "there's an AI computer that survived the war and there's a VR world we can go to and live there."? It's not like the Arkers would be unfamiliar with high tech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TyrantWD posted:

3 months of peace after being back stabbed and left to die, and after Treekru engaged in biological warfare against a group of kids. Let's not forget that during these 3 months of peace, the grounders killed 2/3rds of the Farm Station and put out a bounty on the person who destroyed their biggest enemy.

The grounders have been making GBS threads on the Ark people ever since they hit the ground. Cage at least had a reason to kill them - grounders have been doing it just because they can. Treekru have killed more of the 100 than anyone else, and they were ready to let the Mountain Men kill the rest of them but people still want to give them a free pass.

Yea, but if you take that to the logical conclusion then the next episode should open with Arkadia being a flaming ruin with Pike's body crucified out front.

They should do that.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Seriously. The massacre seems like it should have been the climax to a mid-season finale, not the 3rd and 4th episodes.

Gotta agree with this. seems like they wrote themselves into a corner. The only option forwards is assassinating Pike as far as I can see.

Shame that they made him comically villainous. Buddy's got a point about Trikru.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jaha has gone full Morpheus !

Lexa is not long for this world, Clarke has sealed her fate now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
poo poo, Raven took the blue pill.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'm curious as to how that grounder patrol knew about the symbol(infinity?) on the city of light chip and what it means to them.

Trailer spoilers

There's suppose to be a couple of infinity symbols in the background from Lexa's tattoo to on the wall of Titus' cave here.

I think the twelve tribes were ALIE's attempt to restart humanity/build a viable stock in preparation for the City of Light.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

TyrantWD posted:

3 months of peace after being back stabbed and left to die, and after Treekru engaged in biological warfare against a group of kids. Let's not forget that during these 3 months of peace, the grounders killed 2/3rds of the Farm Station and put out a bounty on the person who destroyed their biggest enemy.

The grounders have been making GBS threads on the Ark people ever since they hit the ground. Cage at least had a reason to kill them - grounders have been doing it just because they can. Treekru have killed more of the 100 than anyone else, and they were ready to let the Mountain Men kill the rest of them but people still want to give them a free pass.
I guess they were saving up explaining Bellamy's motivations during the reunion with Clarke. And they're pretty reasonable, like yeah it makes sense in that way, though I wish they built up to it a little more. I did like the fake out like Clarke was trying to win Bellamy over and he just did not want to have any of it this time around.

Basically I don't see this ending without Pike's head on a (pun not intended) pike at the end of this. Well, I guess it really sounds like it's going to devolve into Lexa trying what Clarke suggests, the coalition revolts because of this, and now that Lexa maybe only has Treekru left Pike comes back in and massacres them all because he doesn't want to make peace with grounders anyway. Again, unless someone straight up assassinates Pike (Abby or Kane basically). Maybe throw in a few hilarious wrenches in the mix as Jaha loving :catdrugs: people into the City of Light.

Kegslayer posted:

Trailer spoilers

There's suppose to be a couple of infinity symbols in the background from Lexa's tattoo to on the wall of Titus' cave here.

I think the twelve tribes were ALIE's attempt to restart humanity/build a viable stock in preparation for the City of Light.
Also from the previous episode apparently Lexa has an infinity sign tattooed on the back of her neck.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
To be honest, I hadn't thought about Bellamy feeling an extra helping of guilt over killing the Mt. Weather rebels.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Lexa is kinda stupid. You just narrowly avoided an open revolt after that vote of no confidence because you didn't attack Mt Weather and were shown to be soft.

She's in love.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
That was loving awesome. This show owns. As I should have learned by now, every time I'm afraid the show is starting to get stupid, they pull the rug out from under me and say "no, you loving idiot, we know what we're doing!".

Basically every complaint I expressed about the behavior of the main characters over the last few episodes was directly addressed in this episode.

It's also official that ~300 is a unit of death in this show. First Jaha ordered a culling of 320 Arkers to prolong life support. Then Clarke (and Raven) fired the dropship engines and killed ~300 Treekru warriors. Then a missile hit Tondc, which had ~300 people in it, 250 of which were killed. Slot the ~48 people who died in the Mt Weather self destruct here to make an even unit. Then Pike and his followers murder ~300 grounders. And they straight up murdered them too. Even though I referred to it as murder in my earlier post, it didn't expect it to be literal murder.

Which to me makes it clear why Pikes actions both make sense to him and his followers, and come as a shock to other characters. These people are from a culture where when you determine that killing 300 people is the best solution to your current problem that's what you do. In fact, it's the exact same poo poo that going on in those really lame Ark scenes in season 1. Abby was trying to stop Kane from killing 300 people because it was a "good move" strategically. And they're all still playing that game. And now all the major players, Kane, Jaha, Bellamy, Clarke, Lexa, A.L.I.E., Indra, Pike, have killed a bunch of people because of what they thought was right.

Also I'm a bit slow, and all the crazy drama in this show made recognize that Pike represents a European colonists versus Native Americans type attitude. While it's hard to place one's self in the mindset of someone raise on the Ark, and, it might seem unrealistic how much they are being shortsighted xenophobic assholes, there's so much historical precedent for this type of behavior.

I am reminded specifically of the account given in the journals of George Percy, the Governor of Virginia from 1607-1612, where he writes:
"...after we marched with the queen and her children to our boats again, where being no sooner well shipped my soldier did begin to murmur because the queen and her children were spared. So upon the same council being called it was agreed upon to put the children to death, which was effected by throwing them overboard and shooting their brains out in the water."

I hope that Octavia eventually has to kill Bellamy. That would be so sad for her, but like, you can see it coming.

edit:
I forgot this whole deal

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Lexa is kinda stupid. You just narrowly avoided an open revolt after that vote of no confidence because you didn't attack Mt Weather and were shown to be soft. Clearly the best possible course of action is to do the same thing again. Ditching your allies in the Mt Weather attack was a dick move, but you are totally justified here Lexa. Kill them all. Ice Nation was right all along :colbert:
I'm thinking that the "compromise" will be to extract and execute Pike and his followers rather than massacring the whole Skaikru. Here the idea would be "it's foolish to slaughter your would-be allies out of misplaced revenge." I'm hoping the lesson Clarke is trying to teach Lexa is that "Seal Team Six is better than Hiroshima". As it stands now, the grounder way is "Blood must have blood", which means they kill every man, woman, and child in Arkadia. Clarke has shown she doesn't have a problem with killing people who need to go, she just doesn't want genocide. If their plan is anything other than to conspire with Abby and Kane to abush and kill or capture and execute Pike and his followers, I will be shocked. Abby told Octavia that his hands were tied because Pike was democratically elected. She told him that maybe it was time they changed the way they do things. Then Lexa told Clarke how they do things and Clarke said maybe it was time she changed the way they do things. Clarke moving Lexa to mercy is only one half of what needs to happen. The other is that Abby and Kane need to betrey the law they've been bending and offer up Pike and his followers to be tied to posts and executed by a thousands cuts. Because that's justice. I mean, not objectively, but Abby and Kane have been working within their own morally imperfect legal system, and now they are going to have to work under another culture's morally imperfect legal system.

It's so good.

Snak fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Feb 19, 2016

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

In that case, poor Monty, when his mom is offered up to the grounders :lol:

At least Miller is on the right team.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Umm, I see a bit of a snag with this brilliant plan of yours Clarke. Pike doesn't want peace. He intentionally started this war to kill you all. This isn't some 'misunderstanding.' You know this.

She knows he doesn't, but she also knows that Bellamy A) is close to him and B) can be reasoned with, so she figured if she could convince him he could talk some sense into Pike. Didn't work out obviously but yanno.

Anyway, seems preeeetty clear after this episode that the rushed writing of the last ep was probably a result of having a limited amount of episodes to work with, and it righted the ship pretty well imo assuming it keeps progressing well from here on out

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Is Bellamy about to get Finned?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Astroman posted:

I don't get why he has to be all mystical about the City of Light though. Why can't he just say "there's an AI computer that survived the war and there's a VR world we can go to and live there."? It's not like the Arkers would be unfamiliar with high tech.

It's how he interprets it. He found God when he was dying of hypoxia, and now everything is a sign from the AI-mighty.

That said, it's not exactly clear to me that ALLIE's even capable of resurrecting people's consciousnesses -- seems like she's just copying them. Which would mean that the original host would still die.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Jaha going to Arkadia to become a drug dealing techno preacher has gotten me to finally hitch my wagon to his wild ride.

And was it my own :catdrugs: or is Jaha's cyber eucharist also nanomachines? Maybe Raven was just tripping.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Matrix wifi

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Kane telling Bellamy "Wake up!" was confirmation that he is the best and most sensible character.

I get what they're going for with Pike and it is interesting, the point Snak made about the way advanced empires treat indigenous peoples...But I still think they've mishandled Pike and his setup and the election SO MUCH that it's an all-round failure as a story. He definitely needed more build up, to show his way, his influence, his motivations. Even the constant references to "the election" in this ep as if it was an event instead of a mention by Kane in one line at the end of the previous episode...

But in terms of great potential being missed, this is Finn all over again. Especially when Bellamy is Finn 2.0 right now, down to the massacre of innocent people.

Snak posted:

I'm thinking that the "compromise" will be to extract and execute Pike and his followers rather than massacring the whole Skaikru. Here the idea would be "it's foolish to slaughter your would-be allies out of misplaced revenge." I'm hoping the lesson Clarke is trying to teach Lexa is that "Seal Team Six is better than Hiroshima". As it stands now, the grounder way is "Blood must have blood", which means they kill every man, woman, and child in Arkadia. Clarke has shown she doesn't have a problem with killing people who need to go, she just doesn't want genocide.
I super want this to be the case, because that would write them out of this ridiculous hole they have dug, but I don't think this is the case at all.

I mean, there's something especially galling after we've seen how hard Clarke and everyone have worked for peace and then when they get it, Pike loving ruins everything and with Bellamy's help no less, after all Clarke and he had been through. (I did for the most part like the scene where he yells at her over Mt Weather and she breaks down a little.)

Clarke's whole "give peace a chance" thing rings real loving hollow when the obvious answer to that is "we did! and it didn't work!" I mean is Lexa supposed to let it go as Pike wipes out villages to secure his perimeter? But yeah, the Arkers did indeed vote for this and they deserve to be burned to the ground for their stupidity.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

VagueRant posted:

Clarke's whole "give peace a chance" thing rings real loving hollow when the obvious answer to that is "we did! and it didn't work!" I mean is Lexa supposed to let it go as Pike wipes out villages to secure his perimeter? But yeah, the Arkers did indeed vote for this and they deserve to be burned to the ground for their stupidity.

It's good to remember all the decent people on the Ark are dead, they volunteered to sacrifice themselves in season 1.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

esperterra posted:

Jaha going to Arkadia to become a drug dealing techno preacher has gotten me to finally hitch my wagon to his wild ride.

And was it my own :catdrugs: or is Jaha's cyber eucharist also nanomachines? Maybe Raven was just tripping.

It's pretty much got to be tiny robots of some kind, groups of people don't have imaginary conversations with the exact same person when they trip out, especially not one they've never seen before. It's not unreasonable that an artificial intelligence smart enough to destroy civilization would also be capable of designing a colony of nanomachines that could read a person's brain and communicate with it, especially if it's secretly been experimenting on people (although we don't know if it's done that)

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

VagueRant posted:

I get what they're going for with Pike and it is interesting, the point Snak made about the way advanced empires treat indigenous peoples...But I still think they've mishandled Pike and his setup and the election SO MUCH that it's an all-round failure as a story. He definitely needed more build up, to show his way, his influence, his motivations. Even the constant references to "the election" in this ep as if it was an event instead of a mention by Kane in one line at the end of the previous episode...

We already know Pike's motivation. The Farm Station arrived at the same time that Kane and Abby did. Since then, he basically lived through The 100 season 1 - being mercilessly killed by grounders (~120 of his people dead). After being caught up on the situation once he got to Arkadia, he found out that they were being killed WHILE there was a truce in place. The entire relationship between grounders and the Ark has basically been grounders doing lovely things to the Ark folk, and the Ark people turning the other cheek and helping grounders.

The first stupid decision Pike made, given the information available to him, is to think he can expand their territory by 15km with the limited resources they have.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Yeah, but again, he got one little recappy speech about things that happened offscreen, and suddenly everyone in the camp is rallying behind him.

Also since he wants a safe, self-sustaining camp, he probably should've worked on that BEFORE waging war on the people who were actually assisting with security. That was a pretty stupid decision, even if he didn't trust them.

And remember that from the grounder's perspectives, the Arkers have been doing lovely things to them since the beginning too.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Somebody brought up something I hadn't thought of before, which is that potential mass casualties might be factoring into Lexa's decision not to pursue all out war. She and Indra were having a conversation about possibly not being able to overcome the Sky People's guns just before Clarke came back. Hopefully they'll make that more explicit next episode.

EDIT: Also, as a side note, what's with all the shirtless Murphy all of a sudden? I mean, I get that it's a CW show and Boys Will Be Naked, but this isn't like a Bellamy or Lincoln situation where there is a precedent for stripping. Murphy didn't take his clothes off once in the first two seasons and now he's getting naked in like every episode. He's not even that jacked. :colbert: I mean, he's not bad, but when you're on a show with loving Ricky Whittle and his ridiculous eight-pack abs and biceps the size of a child's entire head, it's hard to compete.

Spergatory fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Feb 19, 2016

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

TyrantWD posted:

The first stupid decision Pike made, given the information available to him, is to think he can expand their territory by 15km with the limited resources they have.

They can't even properly secure Arkadia with people slipping in and out unnoticed all the time.

Also, great work on the cinematography this episode with all the clouds over the mountains behind Octavia at the massacre site and the general grey fog over Arkadia to match the dreary atmosphere there. Things looked so bright and beautiful when Abby first got out after landing in season 1.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Spergatory posted:

EDIT: Also, as a side note, what's with all the shirtless Murphy all of a sudden? I mean, I get that it's a CW show and Boys Will Be Naked, but this isn't like a Bellamy or Lincoln situation where there is a precedent for stripping. Murphy didn't take his clothes off once in the first two seasons and now he's getting naked in like every episode. He's not even that jacked. :colbert: I mean, he's not bad, but when you're on a show with loving Ricky Whittle and his ridiculous eight-pack abs and biceps the size of a child's entire head, it's hard to compete.
A little off topic, but people kept saying Ricky was too small to be Shadow in American Gods and it's breaking my brain.

I feel like comic books and video games have massively distorted people's perception of muscles and their scale.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

VagueRant posted:

Yeah, but again, he got one little recappy speech about things that happened offscreen, and suddenly everyone in the camp is rallying behind him.
Most of the people in Arkadia have had literally no reason to like the grounders. You have what's left of the 100 who consider themselves lucky to have survived the Treekru attacks. Then you have the adults who came down with Kane who have only seen Lexa's betrayal and heard of what they tried to do the kids who came down. Finally you have what is left of the Farm Station, whose entire time on the ground has been getting killed by the grounders that supposedly had a truce with them. Pike's wanting to strike back at the grounders was always going to be an easy sell. The grounders could have stuck around to help build the Ark people a great new camp with access to resources, or shown some sort of remorse for their actions, but they didn't.

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost

Spergatory posted:

Somebody brought up something I hadn't thought of before, which is that potential mass casualties might be factoring into Lexa's decision not to pursue all out war. She and Indra were having a conversation about possibly not being able to overcome the Sky People's guns just before Clarke came back. Hopefully they'll make that more explicit next episode.
Part of me also thought that maybe Lexa made her decision due to guilt over loving over Clarke at Mt. Weather. Lexa has already demonstrated that blood does not necessarily have to have blood.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Open Source Idiom posted:

It's how he interprets it. He found God when he was dying of hypoxia, and now everything is a sign from the AI-mighty.

That said, it's not exactly clear to me that ALLIE's even capable of resurrecting people's consciousnesses -- seems like she's just copying them. Which would mean that the original host would still die.

When did they say anything about resurrection? Seems to me like she's just gathering them into Computer Heaven to form some kind of tech singularity.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Open Source Idiom posted:

It's a discussion that's not really suited to this thread, but I find [url="http://existentialcomics.com/comic/1"this comic[/url] to be one of the best ways of conveying my opinion on the matter. It's a discussion that crops up in the Star Trek thread with some frequency.

Somewhat related, I am a bit annoyed how much they are just doing the Gaius Baltar thing, with her standing there during conversations. I hope that it feels less like that now that more characters will presumably be able to see her. Making a true believer out of Raven was pretty cool. I figure that the technology to transport someone to the City of Light requires total sensory synthesis, so it makes perfect sense that it could simply block pain as well.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Sober posted:

In that case, poor Monty, when his mom is offered up to the grounders :lol:

At least Miller is on the right team.

I'm shipping Miller/Lincoln

Mincoln?

Snak posted:

Somewhat related, I am a bit annoyed how much they are just doing the Gaius Baltar thing, with her standing there during conversations. I hope that it feels less like that now that more characters will presumably be able to see her. Making a true believer out of Raven was pretty cool. I figure that the technology to transport someone to the City of Light requires total sensory synthesis, so it makes perfect sense that it could simply block pain as well.

Did anyone else catch an odd resemblance between Allie and Raven? Not saying there's any kind of potential generational connection there, but there's some physical similarities and then an abrupt contrast between Allie's confidence/poise/strength vs Raven's current emotional and physical rock bottom that she's hit.

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Feb 19, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

hope and vaseline posted:

Did anyone else catch an odd resemblance between Allie and Raven? Not saying there's any kind of potential generational connection there, but there's some physical similarities and then an abrupt contrast between Allie's confidence/poise/strength vs Raven's current emotional and physical rock bottom that she's hit.

Yeah their juxtaposition at the end caught my eye as well.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Raven nooooo :ohdear:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

hope and vaseline posted:

I'm shipping Miller/Lincoln

Mincoln?
Miller already has a boyfriend dammit!

Also I like how Octavia has pretty much buried the hatched re: the TonDC missile attack, meanwhile Bellamy is like "YOU TRIED TO KILL OCTAVIA" to Clarke even now. Meanwhile, Octavia doesn't agonize over any of that poo poo cause there's more important poo poo going down.

Clarke and Octavia are awesome together, I just wanted to point that out. Not as potential scissor sisters or anything mind you, just two awesome kickass ladies doing what needs to get done.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Sober posted:

Clarke and Octavia are awesome together, I just wanted to point that out. Not as potential scissor sisters or anything mind you, just two awesome kickass ladies doing what needs to get done.

I'm sure someone out there is shipping Cloctavia.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Kwyndig posted:

It's pretty much got to be tiny robots of some kind, groups of people don't have imaginary conversations with the exact same person when they trip out, especially not one they've never seen before. It's not unreasonable that an artificial intelligence smart enough to destroy civilization would also be capable of designing a colony of nanomachines that could read a person's brain and communicate with it, especially if it's secretly been experimenting on people (although we don't know if it's done that)

I meant because it looked like she was beginning to walk normally (as normally as she could the brace still on) before Uta Refson appeared.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

WarLocke posted:

I'm sure someone out there is shipping Cloctavia.

We should all ship Lexarketavia imo.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I've been on the fence about whether Alycia Debnam-Carey, who plays Lexa, is a bad actress, or is playing Lexa in a strange and deliberate way. After this last episode, I have to say that she's not pulling it off. To the point where it's hurting the show a little bit. I get that's Lexa's deal is that she hides and contains her emotions to make herself a better leader, but it's not visual interesting how little emotional engagement she displays with things. The difference between romantic Lexa and furious Lexa is basically the volume of her voice. When you've got Indra, Clarke, and Lexa in a room, the contrast is just too much. Adina Porter and Eliza Taylor are both able to bring a level of intensity to their facial expressions and eyes that Lexa is just missing.

While she's probably playing Lexa as detached on purpose, I think she could be doing it in a way that conveys that and is visually engaging.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

esperterra posted:

AI lady seized control of the theifs brother in like no time at all so I think as much can be presumed.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
There'e no way they're going to let Pike live. Finn was barely enough when he killed 13? people and the Coalition army was going to wipe out Skaikru. Now they've killed 300. The only way out of this is for Skaikru to frame Pike as a traitor have him punished under grounder law. Bellamy might make it out of this alive if someone can win off Indra to pardon him for some political reason, but really I hope that Octavia has to kill him in battle.

edit: It would be fitting if Wanheda carried out the execution of the Skaikru traitors. Clarke went and made everything difficult by leaving Skaikru and not being their leader anymore. Her only political value to the coalition now is as Wanheda, which, given Pike's "accomplishement" is probably a lot less impressive now.

Snak fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 19, 2016

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Finn went rogue and was a solo actor - the only other Sky person present tried to get him to stop. Pike and his 10 good men acted on behalf of the people of Arkadia, and were only able to carry out the attack after being voted chancellor after communicating to the people what he planned to do.

Had the group marched out of the gate when Lincoln tried to stop them, you could make the case for punishing the 10 attackers. Now however, you can't separate Pike's group from the rest of the camp. You punish everyone, or you pardon everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

VagueRant posted:

TyrantWD posted:

Finn went rogue and was a solo actor - the only other Sky person present tried to get him to stop. Pike and his 10 good men acted on behalf of the people of Arkadia, and were only able to carry out the attack after being voted chancellor after communicating to the people what he planned to do.

Had the group marched out of the gate when Lincoln tried to stop them, you could make the case for punishing the 10 attackers. Now however, you can't separate Pike's group from the rest of the camp. You punish everyone, or you pardon everyone.

These guys get it. :hfive:

• Locked thread