Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MutantBlue
Jun 8, 2001

That's the stuff. Those deer hammers playing You're Not Wanted Here on mr. cowboy's head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dillbag posted:

Who knew the shittiest derail of 2016 up to this point was going to be about watches, of all things.

The griefing thread got goldmined, so here's an autistic Russian child screaming about Minecraft for 5 minutes. Do yourself and your neighbours a favour and turn your sound way down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt3WUtq9kIs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHgW2z61_9k

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Magres posted:

Cloud to Butt continues to be amazing

I've been meaning to write an addon that swaps "big data" to "infobesity" for a while but :effort:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Wasabi the J posted:

Let's not forget the kid was griefing people including the sysadmin.

Sure, but he's griefing because he's loving bonkers. I'm sad that he's loving bonkers.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy
One of the arrested Y'all-qaeda members is counter suing for $666 Billion. Lets take a look at the complaint

quote:

4. I object to the court continuing to attempt to identify me as a subject of corporate United States of America, I ask the court to cease and desist this, and acknowledge I am a sovereign citizen with State and Federal constitutional rights and protections of law.

NPR link

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yyessss I am so looking forward to this lawsuit and all of the sovcit crazy that will come out of it

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq1ey4-ewyQ

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist posted:

One of the arrested Y'all-qaeda members is counter suing for $666 Billion. Lets take a look at the complaint

NPR link

Awww yeah, that is the good stuff.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

spog posted:

I genuinely felt bad for the kid.

He's clearly not all mentally there.

Yeah wait what is going on here, can someone explain it to me? All I can seem to gather is that it's a grown man taunting a mentally ill child for five minutes, which seemed incredibly stressful for both involved.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

MutantBlue posted:

That's the stuff. Those deer hammers playing You're Not Wanted Here on mr. cowboy's head.

Deer are actually kind of terrifying. But since it's deer it's always kind of hilarious when they gently caress up someone's day. I have family who live in the middle of loving nowhere and like once a year the deer just take over their lovely little town and there's not much anyone can do because if you try to shoot them they go nuts and have a deer riot to try and protect their little deer babies and do a lot of property damage. So you just drive through the town and there are deer everywhere watching you.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

That's why you don't make Daigo mad.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Yeah wait what is going on here, can someone explain it to me? All I can seem to gather is that it's a grown man taunting a mentally ill child for five minutes, which seemed incredibly stressful for both involved.

Some kid was being a shitlord and doing it so hard that a server admin had to come see what was going on. The kid began shrieking at the admin and trying to kick him. The admin eventually banned the kid. The end.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Kid was abusing property protection that prevented people from breaking blocks on his property to trick people into being unable to escape his land. He would then kill them and take their stuff. After he had taken their stuff he would mount their characters severed head in the basement of his house. You can see them in the room with the chests. Apparently he tried to do this to someone with admin powers and the guy kept poking him expecting him to eventually stop screaming and start apologizing to save his stuff. He never stopped so the admin showed him a trick.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Magres posted:

Yyessss I am so looking forward to this lawsuit and all of the sovcit crazy that will come out of it

Nothing is going to come out of it. The judge is going to throw it out, hopefully with a snide comment, but probably without.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
One of the weird hillbillies from Oregon is suing the US government for $666,666,666,666.66 for being in line with Satan, as is expected, because the FBI regularly consorts with Old Scratch in their workings when dealing with armed assholes who say they'll go down shooting.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Don't have time to double check, but I'm pretty sure that's from here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfM2-L7f1MA

Be sure to watch a little after the half-way point with the dueling Chun-Lis

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

A White Guy posted:

Nothing is going to come out of it. The judge is going to throw it out, hopefully with a snide comment, but probably without.

Well that's a bummer :(

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Ariza posted:

One of the weird hillbillies from Oregon is suing the US government for $666,666,666,666.66 for being in line with Satan, as is expected, because the FBI regularly consorts with Old Scratch in their workings when dealing with armed assholes who say they'll go down shooting.

8 posts up buddy

Drowning In Terror
Dec 10, 2008

Nuebot posted:

Deer are actually kind of terrifying. But since it's deer it's always kind of hilarious when they gently caress up someone's day. I have family who live in the middle of loving nowhere and like once a year the deer just take over their lovely little town and there's not much anyone can do because if you try to shoot them they go nuts and have a deer riot to try and protect their little deer babies and do a lot of property damage. So you just drive through the town and there are deer everywhere watching you.

I think ungulates in general just have a surprising ability to gently caress you up. The amount of videos I've seen where a cow or horse suddenly glitches its leg in some random direction to crack a nearby individual's skull in half at a speed so fast only like two frames are caught on camera freaks me out. Maybe I've just spent too long in these kinds of threads but I really have no idea how people comfortably stand around those things.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Drowning In Terror posted:

I think ungulates in general just have a surprising ability to gently caress you up. The amount of videos I've seen where a cow or horse suddenly glitches its leg in some random direction to crack a nearby individual's skull in half at a speed so fast only like two frames are caught on camera freaks me out. Maybe I've just spent too long in these kinds of threads but I really have no idea how people comfortably stand around those things.

Cows and horses aren't too bad, as they can only kick generally rearward. Stay away from the butt end, and you're usually safe.

Stuff like deer and moose though, they can kick in pretty much any direction. If they wanted, you could be standing in front of them and they could kick you with their hind leg.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Cows and horses aren't too bad, as they can only kick generally rearward. Stay away from the butt end, and you're usually safe.

That is awful advice. A horse can kick forward and can bite you if you are standing anywhere except the butt. A horse can also kick forward and to the side with its back legs and get you if you stand to close to the side.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Stuff like deer and moose though, they can kick in pretty much any direction. If they wanted, you could be standing in front of them and they could kick you with their hind leg.

Moose are basically brick walls given life. If you hit one with your car, it's more likely to get back up and limp away then you are.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Roro posted:

"You have been IP... BANNED?!?!?!"

God bless, Notch. If you hadn't made Minecraft, we'd never have seen this video.

Notch himself is a source of good Scadenfreude.

Billionaire who sold Minecraft to Microsoft is sad and lonely

Choice quotes:

quote:

"Hanging out in ibiza with a bunch of friends and partying with famous people, able to do whatever I want, and I've never felt more isolated."

quote:

He bought himself a $70 million mansion in Beverly Hills, supposedly outbidding Jay Z and Beyonce.

quote:

Freedom can be very difficult to live with. You can do anything you like. But what is it you want to do? And with whom?
Unlimited freedom of choice: Man's greatest challenge.

quote:

"And just venting and not feeling like I had to hide made it feel a bit easier to cope with already."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Captain Lavender posted:

Unlimited freedom of choice: Man's greatest challenge.

Are you saying his greatest challenge is being rich enough to live Minecraft in real life?

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Now that you mention it, absolutely.

And that game gets super boring; so I guess I see where he's coming from.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also I made the mistake of looking up what Notch looks like.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I'll be surprised if he doesn't kill himself before 2020. I'm betting on 2018, probably new years.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

What is happening here? Is one human controlling two fighters at once? Or is the computer controlling the partner team and the human player is helpless? Idgi

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Captain Lavender posted:

Now that you mention it, absolutely.

And that game gets super boring; so I guess I see where he's coming from.
For Minecraft freude there was a guy years back that decided to build a 1:1 scale model of the Next Generation version of the Enterprise in Minecraft. Inside and out.

He put out a video of the completed rough framing, so he definitely sunk a pretty good amount of time into it.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
How does someone with that amount of money and free time not have a personal chef and nutritionist and spend a few hours working out with a personal trainer to not be a fat piece of poo poo?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

veedubfreak posted:

How does someone with that amount of money and free time not have a personal chef and nutritionist and spend a few hours working out with a personal trainer to not be a fat piece of poo poo?

Too busy tweeting about how sad he is.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

Also I made the mistake of looking up what Notch looks like.

he's foreign or something so hes supposed to look like a weirdo

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

CharlieWhiskey posted:

What is happening here? Is one human controlling two fighters at once? Or is the computer controlling the partner team and the human player is helpless? Idgi

It's a TAS playthrough with a computer controlling both characters as they fight the AI.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
A model rich guy is Garth Brooks.
Guy made a gazillion dollars in the 90's, and then took an 18 year hiatus to build a big house on a big piece of land and just continue to get richer while having a normal-ish family life completely away from the public eye.

Then he just did a tour last year selling out stadiums for multiple nights in a row in each city.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

If you get rich and have enough income to stay rich, it sounds like it would be prudent to use the money to better yourself and do everything you've ever wanted to do. Fund new learning experiences (Become a private pilot! Go kayaking in an African jungle! Shoot a minigun!), decorate your house, travel everywhere, etc.

A $70 million mansion is probably too much house, especially if (like Notch) you're a single man with no kids.

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012
He also posted about how none of his old workers like him. No poo poo, he sold out the company and gave them basically nothing.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist posted:

NPR link

but lucifer only helps the lapd!? she better not be spoiling s2 with her witch like views into the future

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Nuebot posted:

Is "deer" the new dogwhistle term? I haven't been keeping up with Freep lately.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

If you get rich and have enough income to stay rich, it sounds like it would be prudent to use the money to better yourself and do everything you've ever wanted to do. Fund new learning experiences (Become a private pilot! Go kayaking in an African jungle! Shoot a minigun!), decorate your house, travel everywhere, etc.

A $70 million mansion is probably too much house, especially if (like Notch) you're a single man with no kids.

And buy £15,000 pound watches! :getin:

I always feel like winning the lottery or getting rich quickly would be like a cheat code for life. A bit like computer games where you have fun doing loads of crazy crap for a while, but then it becomes too easy and what is the point of doing these quests when I'm infinitely wealthy? I can see why people would get depressed and listless after some time, spend all the money or wish they'd never won in the first place. Case in point, a brilliant bit of Lottery schadenfreude- in 2002 Michael Carrol won £9m in the UK Lottery. He was, it's fair to say, not the ideal face of the National Lottery, going on to burn through the money, spending it openly on drugs, women, scary dogs, and turning his mansion's back yard into a dirt track.

This was him when he won-

And uh, later on.

The house he pretty much wrecked-

The Daily Mail and the like were outraged, THOSE SORTS OF PEOPLE SHOULDN'T WIN THIS RANDOM CHANCE DRAW! :clutchpearls:

Also more recent 'freude on people who play the UK lottery, they doubled the price,increased the amount of numbers in the main draw, and have started giving out 'free tickets' as winnings instead of y'know, actual money. The changes have seen the number of balls increase from 49 to 59 and the chance of winning the jackpot decrease from one in 14 million to one in 45 million. There have been so many rollovers and people are PISSED, but they still keep buying the tickets. (I work in a newsagents so get to hear all the grousing first-hand :smith: )

Also, I'm glad I don't live in Deer Country. Poor Dogge. Funny how the deer isn't too fussed (initially) about the cat getting close to the fawn, but charges the dog from some distance. I guess due to the size difference?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7EhTWKAYbQ

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rondette posted:

I always feel like winning the lottery or getting rich quickly would be like a cheat code for life. A bit like computer games where you have fun doing loads of crazy crap for a while, but then it becomes too easy and what is the point of doing these quests when I'm infinitely wealthy? I can see why people would get depressed and listless after some time, spend all the money or wish they'd never won in the first place. Case in point, a brilliant bit of Lottery schadenfreude- in 2002 Michael Carrol won £9m in the UK Lottery. He was, it's fair to say, not the ideal face of the National Lottery, going on to burn through the money, spending it openly on drugs, women, scary dogs, and turning his mansion's back yard into a dirt track.

I think the kind of person who gets depressed and goes nuts with extravagance until he ends up a broke, fat drug addict probably became that way because of who they are as a person, rather than the money. Like, it shouldn't be that hard to use your money wisely if you're the kind of person who wants to better themselves and help other people. Live in a modest but nice house with pretty decoration (paying for a maid and groundskeepers to keep it clean), have fun without bringing drugs or underage prostitutes into the mix, and if you really can't figure out a constructive way to spend your excess you can donate to charity.