Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Ardeem posted:

speaking of avatars and forgotten comics, who was posting Nemi?

Nemi's still ongoing, it's just that it's been a super long bank holiday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

I miss Nemi and Reply All. Someone pick those up. :)

You know you all secretly love Reply All. Don't even kid.

I'm too busy searching Google Newspapers for strips no one remembers, and no one cares about.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Slammy posted:

The writing is actually pretty decent and I don't really mind the art because it's so unashamedly bad. So yeah, I'd definitely read more Reply All.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Slammy posted:

Oh baby, you know what else someone should really start reposting :v:?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jesus. 'Okay new character, new artwork. Old character, same art from the start of the strip.'

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Jesus. 'Okay new character, new artwork. Old character, same art from the start of the strip.'

It's stunning. This new character actually looks human and we still have original Babby's First MSPaint lady.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Kavak posted:

Oh baby, you know what else someone should really start reposting :v:?

Don't even joke about that sort of thing. Jesus.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Suspicious Cook posted:

Boomerangs always come back, Luann.

:golfclap:

Darkest Auer posted:

Classic Dilbert

LordPants posted:

Fat girls, mirite?

I seem to remember, in one of the Dilbert collections, Adams saying that this wasn't meant to be a fat joke. The woman was supposed to be just overall a huge woman, not fat, but for some reason people didn't interpret it that way. Can't imagine why not.

Slammy posted:

I'm too busy searching Google Newspapers for strips no one remembers, and no one cares about.

I like Reply All better than I ever expected that I would. And while the art is generally awful, I can't help but find the little dog adorable.

Not gonna post it, though. I barely manage to post the stuff I post.

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Julet Esqu fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Feb 19, 2016

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm hungry, how 'bout a sandwich.

gently caress this amazing.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Yeah, I'm juvenile for laughing at this.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I am loving this Radio Patrol arc. Tiny atomic flashbangs, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

SomeMathGuy posted:

Mark Trail Featuring Special Guest Artist Rob Liefeld

Hrmm.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWXWsPXVZiA&t=279s

(4.40)

(actually, everything)

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Slammy posted:

I'd do it again, but evidence shows I end up being too :effort:

Pickles is also missing.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
I was very tempted to tack Reply All onto the lineup this morning, just to be difficult (and because Bloom County is still taking a coffee break), but bringing Crankshaft back is enough bad karma for one season.

Peanuts (February 21, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (October 17-18, 1928)

Thimble Theater (September 7, 1929)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Jäätävä Spede

The headline "suu vehnäselle" literally means eating a bun, it's a phrase for cheering up. The face in the title panel is a reference to an old biscuit logo which is another old phrase, "to smile like a Hanko biscuit".

"You will forget all the little nuisances if you get to taste our new cookies!"

I also saw an old and not racist bank advertisement drawn by Tove.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I swear to God, the first thing I thought when I read this was "oh no, which of the Pythons died?"

Goddammit Gilcrhist. This is what your stupid tributes have done to me. :argh:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Of course he looks like a zombie, it's a zombie strip.

Vaishino
Nov 14, 2003

He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (September 7, 1929)

This is somehow the most heavy-handed foreshadowing possible.

"Boy it's great to be rich! I'm so rich I had to keep my money safe! in the bank! The bank will protect all my money!"

SEPTEMBER, 1929

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

This is some increasingly uncanny valley bullshit. I'm pretty sure she's about to unhinge her jaw and eat him.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
That woman's face doesnt match the rest of the comic at all and its weird

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set needs a shave.

Working Daze finally returns to fetish stuff.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix just needed to get comfortable.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

I swear to God, the first thing I thought when I read this was "oh no, which of the Pythons died?"

Goddammit Gilcrhist. This is what your stupid tributes have done to me. :argh:

He's only just heard about Graham Chapman

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Huh, so that's why they're banned from pro wrestling.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (January 26, 1951)

Barnaby (July 3, 1942)

Nancy (March 12, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (November 23, 1928)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Nenonen posted:

Jäätävä Spede

This is the truest thing that has ever been said or put to print by anybody, ever.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

All this time I thought Barnaby was a British strip :psyduck:

e: all this time the American police uniforms and references to the FBI didn't tip me off :psyduck::psyduck:

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 19, 2016

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

And because Bernice lives in a cartoon she does not text her friend back like a normal person would do. Instead she storms off to initiate a Three's Company plot while leaving Luann looking at her blank phone like, "She's my best friend. Does she even care?"

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Pretty sure I would have puked my guts out after half an hour of laughing like that.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Selachian posted:

Pros and Cons

I like how Dafoe goes to click his pen just as the con confesses. I can totally see this scene playing out in my head, timing and everything.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

And because Bernice lives in a cartoon she does not text her friend back like a normal person would do. Instead she storms off to initiate a Three's Company plot while leaving Luann looking at her blank phone like, "She's my best friend. Does she even care?"

She does have a cartoonishly large phone, so naturally her reactions to any news that comes by phone must also be cartoonishly out of proportion.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

ZeeToo posted:

Pickles is also missing.

I used to post Pickles along with the occasional Moomin story but then I disappeared for the space of a megathread or two v:shobon:v. Considered posting it again along with a few others that seem to be missing (Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog, maybe?).

The Wild Man of YOLO fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Feb 19, 2016

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Evil Mastermind posted:

The Classic Dinette Set needs a shave.

Working Daze finally returns to fetish stuff.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix just needed to get comfortable.

I develop another twitch in my eye every time Working Days over-explains its own joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Because a thing happened today. :smith:

Berkeley Breathed posted:

Bloomers: Many, but not all of you, know that in the way that creative life can often surprise, Harper Lee was one of you. One of us. You might be as surprised as I am that she played a large role in my recent return to the streets of Bloom County-- streets inspired by those of Maycomb. When I retired Opus from the Sunday comics some years ago, Harper let me know her displeasure, with all the southern, gracious elegance we knew her for. See the letter below. I've waited until her passing to show it. We came to exchange many similar notes... including one in which she grudgingly forgives me for my retirement (irony alert). Imagine my 14 year-old self -- freshly savoring the first reading of Mockingbird and sending Miss Lee a fan letter in 1970 -- being told about another fan letter returning my way almost 40 years distant. Life is wonderful and strange and wistful and happy at the same time. And I'm happy to share this with all of you today.

e: There's a story here.

quote:

"So this summer, just a couple months ago when "Go Set A Watchman" was causing an uproar, I went back to my files and I pulled an old fan letter from years ago. It says (reading) dear Mr. Breathed, this is a plea from a dotty old lady and from others not dotty at all. Please don't shut down Opus. Can't you at least give him a reprieve? Opus is simply the best comic strip there is and depriving him of life is murder - a hard word to describe an obliteration of your creation. But Opus is real. He lives. Harper Lee, Monroeville, Ala....

"When I pulled that out - I hadn't seen it for 25 years. And I choked up, and I thought about the preposterously ironic impossibility of my literary heroine from my childhood demanding that I not kill one of her fictional heroes. The universe throws us some obvious little pitches sometimes, and we need to be awake enough not to let them slip by. So that night I found the blank four frames of "Bloom County" from years before in my files, and I sat down to draw the first one in 30 years. And I posted it on Facebook in sort of a what-the-hell moment, and that's exactly how much careful reason sober forethought went into the whole thing. And then it exploded after that."

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 19, 2016

• Locked thread