Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Wars start and continue because I don't give a poo poo that some actress I've never heard of dropped dead in non-suspicious circumstances :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

504 posted:

If only someone had actually done this.

Ted Rall probably did.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Wars start and continue because I don't give a poo poo that some actress I've never heard of dropped dead in non-suspicious circumstances :rolleyes:

No, but going out of your way to brag about how you've never heard of her certainly does make one look like a colossal oval office.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Vagabundo posted:

No, but going out of your way to brag about how you've never heard of her certainly does make one look like a colossal oval office.

Who brags about not knowing her?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

The death of some actress sparks the most heated debate since I started following this thread :newzealand:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Vagabundo posted:

No one bragged about it you god drat weirdo

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

504 posted:

Who brags about not knowing her?

I don't think you understand. It's really, really important that you understand that I have no idea who she is.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

No one bragged about it you god drat weirdo

Maybe I'm deliberately trying to start a war though. I hope australia invade new zild to avenge some perceived slight. I'll be sure to not give a poo poo so as to give maximum fuel to this apocalyptic conflict.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Vagabundo posted:

I don't think you understand. It's really, really important that you understand that I have no idea who she is.

Once again, who said this?

Are you just making poo poo up? Can I?

I'm angry you killed her.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Vagabundo posted:

You sound like an actual crazy person right now. Please stop and realise what you are arguing about and why.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

congratulations you're we're all equally intolerable

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I'm sad Anna Paquin died

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

504 posted:

Once again, who said this?

Are you just making poo poo up? Can I?

I'm angry you killed her.

Says the guy who went out of his way to drone on about how he doesn't know whom this person is, like it's a loving status symbol.

You sound like an actual crazy person right now. Please stop and realise what you are arguing about and why.

Seriously?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Keep having a mental breakdown over someone not knowing who someone was and asking who they were.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

If I shout about not caring loud enough and long enough will the earth finally be cleansed by nuclear fire? Cause I'm prepared to shout myself hoarse at this point.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Vagabundo posted:

Says the guy who went out of his way to drone on about how he doesn't know whom this person is, like it's a loving status symbol.

Quote me thanks dickhead.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Keep having a mental breakdown over someone not knowing who someone was and asking who they were.

Don't you have a roof you can climb up on so that you can shout at your neighbours about know how you don't know whom she is? You've seriously spectacularly missed the point that klen dool has made, even if it was clumsy, that I actually quite agree with.

The point isn't that you hadn't heard of her, it's that you, slavvy and 504 are acting like cunts about it.

504 posted:

Quote me thanks dickhead.

See that little "?" under your name?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Vagabundo posted:

Don't you have a roof you can climb up on so that you can shout at your neighbours about know how you don't know whom she is? You've seriously spectacularly missed the point that klen dool has made, even if it was clumsy, that I actually quite agree with.

The point isn't that you hadn't heard of her, it's that you, slavvy and 504 are acting like cunts about it.

Hmm, let's look at the posts that happened and see who's being "the oval office" here:

504 posted:

Dull breaking news..

https://nz.news.yahoo.com/top-stories/a/30863338/top-kiwi-actress-dies-suddenly/

Not to be all "Internet" but.. who?

Is she really one of our most famous actors? am I really that out of touch?

Noxin of Shame posted:

Um, I'm going to say that yes, you are out of touch; I thought she was awesome in The Insider's Guide to Happiness. Although to be fair, her father is 'more' famous.

But you know, feel welcome to be a dick about the unexpected death of a 39 year old.

Then you leap in with your mental breakdown about people bragging about her death etc.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hmm, let's look at the posts that happened and see who's being "the oval office" here:

Then you leap in with your mental breakdown about people bragging about her death etc.

Nice cherrypicking there.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

See that little "?" under your name?

I DONT CARE I DONT CARE I DONT CARE FIRE THE MISSILES I DONT CARE I DONT CARE I DONT CARE

e: hahahaha thread title

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Vagabundo posted:

Hmm. So you're sticking with this, huh?

Well, Godspeed to thee.

Gorfob
Feb 10, 2007
dat thread title.

hi from auspol

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Gorfob posted:

dat thread title.

hi from auspol

It's a national day of mourning

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
To be honest her mother Elizabeth Hawthorne is more famous and is a wonderful actress, if you haven't heard of her you are simply not familiar with the New Zealand dramatic scene which is fine I guess.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

Slavvy posted:

You are real good at this reading comprehension stuff aren't you....

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Vagabundo posted:

States the crazy ranting fucker that wont quote the things he's claiming I said.

In other news, another quake? I'm seriously turning into a paranoid mess here..

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

504 posted:

States the crazy ranting fucker that wont quote the things he's claiming I said.

In other news, another quake? I'm seriously turning into a paranoid mess here..

It was just the ground dying, you fucker, maybe educate yourself about it????

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's implied from the fact that you took that news and instead of going "oh, I'd never heard of her, but that's New Zealand celebrity for you" you then posted it here and instead of just being like "wow, this actor died" you were "this NOBODY is apparently important to someone? NOT ME."

It's a dick move and a dick attitude, and that's fine to be honest, only now you're in an extended argument with other dicks about how you weren't being a dick you were just asking questions okay. Vagabundo shouldn't care about this because it was dumb and petty to begin with, but now you're being a dick trying to win an argument over whether or not you were being a dick.

Which is not to demand you should care about this person you'd never heard of, but at least don't deny that you went out of your way to bring attention to their death because somebody else considered them more important than you did.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

It's implied from the fact that you took that news and instead of going "oh, I'd never heard of her, but that's New Zealand celebrity for you" you then posted it here and instead of just being like "wow, this actor died" you were "this NOBODY is apparently important to someone? NOT ME."

It's a dick move and a dick attitude, and that's fine to be honest, only now you're in an extended argument with other dicks about how you weren't being a dick you were just asking questions okay. Vagabundo shouldn't care about this because it was dumb and petty to begin with, but now you're being a dick trying to win an argument over whether or not you were being a dick.

Which is not to demand you should care about this person you'd never heard of, but at least don't deny that you went out of your way to bring attention to their death because somebody else considered them more important than you did.

Nice meltdown there, Ghostlight.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Don't loving cherry pick quotes rear end in a top hat.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Don't loving cherry pick quotes rear end in a top hat.

Quote me, goddamnit!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Awaiting the classic puppet master defence

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Guess what everybody I don't even own a television :smuggo: Oh you watch televsion, pardon me I don't even own one :smuggo:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Wandle Cax posted:

Guess what everybody I don't even own a television :smuggo: Oh you watch televsion, pardon me I don't even own one :smuggo:

How do you play your rent-to-own PS4 then?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Shut up, you anti-pickle bastard.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

I only play my original Game Boy.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

lol if you still own a tv like some kind of barbarian.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
Okay how do I get back in this argument. Um, no you wrong Barons Ghost Wandle 504 or something i dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

klen dool posted:

Okay how do I get back in this argument. Um, no you wrong Barons Ghost Wandle 504 or something i dunno.

Actually it is you who are wrong, and furthermore

• Locked thread