Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Medley Festival Eli in EN:

Score Match Umi in JP:

I like Eli more, but I'm pretty sure I already have that card in JP. I'm certainly not doing both, not right as I'm getting back into deresute and Fates comes out. The question is: do I even go for Umi?

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES UMI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please recommend an iM@S song that is like Aoi Tori or Nation Blue. A song with a blue feel.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

cg's cool songs kinda suck tbqh

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

there is one that is p good but it is spoilers for second season

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Futaba Anzu posted:

Wow.

Crush my hopes and dreams, why don't you.

Now I'm feeling.... blue.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
i have an 11 draw ready in SIF, but idk when i should use it tbh. Probably once i've max lvled some more of these normal girls

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Please recommend an iM@S song that is like Aoi Tori or Nation Blue. A song with a blue feel.
You might like Nemurihime and Yakusoku.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zettace posted:

You might like Nemurihime and Yakusoku.

Ooh, the second one sounds.... promising.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

quote:

Yakusoku is an insert song in Episode 20 of the THE iDOLM@STER anime. This song is sung by Chihaya Kisaragi, Haruka Amami, Miki Hoshii ...

WIN?????

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

See, I told you to finish the anime so you could hear that. I'd also mention Marionette no Kokoro, but then I would, it's technically a Miki song though you can undoubtedly find replays of anyone singing the in-game version.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want to finish iM@S but I have so many games to play.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I want to finish the im@s games but there's so much anime to watch. Maybe next season...

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Skwee posted:

i have an 11 draw ready in SIF, but idk when i should use it tbh. Probably once i've max lvled some more of these normal girls

Wait for a Nico UR.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Also apparently this is a thing. SIF Arcade version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lyIO-thzAk

Wow, and here I thought the skill trigger portraits in the mobile version made it hard to see where to tap.

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

Try going through the ones Shiina Gou composed. Gekkasai, Nemurihime, Saihyou, and Koikaze especially. Actually, anything strongly associated with Chihaya should fit.

Nation Blue kind of reminds me of Mythmaker and Next Life.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

AG3 posted:

Wow, and here I thought the skill trigger portraits in the mobile version made it hard to see where to tap.

If you haven't already done so, you should disable cut-ins :ssh:
It's super helpful, just like changing the in-live text size to small.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
So the medley thing is out. I decided to do it on hard for 3 songs, "What's the worst that could happen?" 1st song I know, 2nd two i've never heard before.. Whelp.

1st song I full combo, 2nd I fail half way through and use a heart gem to continue, and then the 3rd I loving clutch this insane poo poo that i've never seen before and pass by the skin of my teeth.

I think I will stick to normal, since the range of difficulty in hard is very wide..

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
How much gold do you have on hand? Your best friend is the 5x perfect lock thing. So good at catching mistakes.
At hard, though, not sure it'd be completely worth it.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

AG3 posted:

I was going to say it wasn't really any worse than Project Diva or even Starlight Stage but on a second look the notes being hollow is definitely not helping.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

graybook posted:

How much gold do you have on hand? Your best friend is the 5x perfect lock thing. So good at catching mistakes.
At hard, though, not sure it'd be completely worth it.

I had that and the 30% between songs on. Since I naturally full combo'd the first song, i used up all the 5 mistakes on the 2nd, and then failed. Then continued, and the 30% was only useful for the 3rd song.

Also just did a normal medley, there were 2 songs with 7 stars, the highest i can probably go is 8, and both of them i hadn't played or heard before. managed to get a full combo on the last one though. Felt pretty good about that.

But yeah when you can get 7 star songs on normal, i dont even know what the difficulty level was on the 2 for the hard run, since I didn't realize i could wait around on the team selection screen to check them.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Lessons for the future, at least. Now you have more information, and that's always valuable.

First medley of the event for me: Daring!!, LONELIEST BABY, Binetsu Kara Mystery.
Probably could've been OK on Daring!! if I had focused a little more; FC'd it before, but I lost a little concentration. Still love that track to bits though.
And then LONELIEST BABY is just my jam, without a doubt. It might actually be my favorite all-of-μ's song.
But then at the end, the lasers and waves tripped me up.
I do love all three of those songs though.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
whelp all of my idolized members are max bonded. Now to chug along max leveling them i guess, while hoping that my 31 other non-idolized girls get a dupe at some point, or my space is gonna fill up. I did spend 4 hearts on extra spaces though, so that should be a while.

I guess I'll stick non-idolized girls in and get them to 25 bond to make the wait shorter when they get idolized.

That hard difficulty song that i barely managed to pass was this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wawJx0gCAMU

I just got it on normal and it is 7 star, and hard it's 8, which is pretty much my max.

7 stars seems pretty easy to me, but when i get to 8 my brain poo poo's itself. guess it depends on the song too. Like this had some weird rhythms i had to deal with for the first time hearing it.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Feb 19, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ironically I preferred Sleeping Princess to Promise. I liked how it starts of somewhat subdued before going full power ahead with Chihaya's vocals.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Alright, now watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J--g4tdlkAA

Then the idolm@ster movie.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Saihyou is also extremely my poo poo.

book
Nov 29, 2014

Futaba Anzu posted:

This is heresy.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

graybook posted:

If you haven't already done so, you should disable cut-ins :ssh:
It's super helpful, just like changing the in-live text size to small.

Oh, I have, believe me. Those were some painful first tries of hard songs back in the day.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Unlikely. Also not terribly helpful, money's not worth much to me. Well, I guess it's better than silver normies.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
My English account runs outta gold occasionally. My JPN account, never since I keep getting gold from dailies.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Also, I turned on the moving 2d in SS, and I swear the framerate went up from the static ones. Very perplexing.

Zenostein posted:

Has the score bar in SS always flashed rainbow colors as it increases? I could've sworn it only flashed when you hit another rank, but now it's like constantly pulsing goddamn rainbow colors until I hit S.

Base 2D mode removes the flash effect, I've never really noticed that it does that before but, since you primed me to notice it

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I've been stockpiling most of my event tokens for the 2x/4x days, but I just tried the event song on Master and was able to squeak out an S-Rank. It's almost 100 more points than S-rank on Pro.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

man that one meme slider in event master sure is a loving joke

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Futaba Anzu posted:

man that one meme slider in event master sure is a loving joke

The joke ending slider? I love that slider. Easily in the top 10 sliders in the game. It's rude, but fair.

The problem with holding on to all these tokens is looking at my event ranking and watching it slowly slide away, just like my high score.

…very briefly they were both at like 11k, like 3 hours into the event or something. Obviously that wasn't going to stay, because I'm not quite horrible enough to set alarms to play poo poo every time stamina refills or whatever

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I just play every 3 or 6 hours if I have time to spare. That usually gets me the stamina I want

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zenostein posted:

The joke ending slider? I love that slider. Easily in the top 10 sliders in the game. It's rude, but fair.

The problem with holding on to all these tokens is looking at my event ranking and watching it slowly slide away, just like my high score.

…very briefly they were both at like 11k, like 3 hours into the event or something. Obviously that wasn't going to stay, because I'm not quite horrible enough to set alarms to play poo poo every time stamina refills or whatever

No, the one connected to a double hold.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
im in the 32,000s and ive been playin as much as i can with a free account and not spending gems. Only playing pro level songs though

e: holy poo poo i am terrible at those back and forth things where you gotta tap. I need to learn to use more than just my index fingers I guess.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 20, 2016

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Yeah, OK.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
nice

did you spend hundreds of dollars like that guy in the video someone posted

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Nao is precious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Skwee posted:

nice

did you spend hundreds of dollars like that guy in the video someone posted

Certainly not. I don't even know who this idol is.

I dropped :10bux: on Starlight Stage when I started and used it for discounted daily pulls, and I haven't put any more into it.

Let's not talk about how much in SIF