Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

Well, well, what do we have here?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/46gf49/excessive_troll_accounts_posting_here/d05398o

Isn't using multiple accounts to avoid bans grounds for a global ban of all your Reddit accounts?

He is refering to Frontier's Forums and the Star Citizen thread there, he just mentioned my username, I almost feel the grief ahahaha hi Max is it you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Ash1138 posted:

um i believe sandi's vision was measured 20/10
This may be scientifically true. But in the collision between scientific fact and Sandi's claims, I'll trust Sandi every time.

Sandi!

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Year of the Paarp

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

EightAce posted:

Hmmmmm
It seems I will have to stop posting for a while. There is a new trailer coming out soon watch out for Craig Fairbrass if they leave him in (He is genuinely a diamond in a sea of horrible 90's FMV poo poo)

Stay safe commandos and see you in the verse.

stay safe commando ghost

o8

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

Hmmmmm
It seems I will have to stop posting for a while. There is a new trailer coming out soon watch out for Craig Fairbrass if they leave him in (He is genuinely a diamond in a sea of horrible 90's FMV poo poo)

:ohdear:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

EightAce posted:

Hmmmmm

Oh man, you'll be missed!

Does the trailer feature Mark Hamill prominently and deemphasize Gary Oldman? (Trying to gauge just how finely honed my CIG ESP is at this point...)

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

alternatively you could just feed d smart information and post through him

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Toops posted:

Yo guys, brief update, still mashing away at Solar Plebeian, but I had to deal with flying on planes so that always shits up the works. I'm now like 30 pages behind but I assume most of it is shitposting to 2000 and the associated momentum.

Wrapped up a first pass of the UI design/framework, did a bunch of geeky back-end stuff, got the source control repo tied into Unity's Cloud Build service. Did a couple of builds, they worked. Cloud Build seems legit AF I'll be pushing 30g fidelity updates to you cats in no time.

Also did a bunch of legit planning. Finished up the "Colosseum Commando" game mode design spec. Here's a list of systems, ad a little taste of ramming.

I'll post a video tomorrow of the UI and some gameplay.

Any word on the system requirements? Will we need SLI for full ~immersion~ and 64 gigs of ram? 16 core xeon proc?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

G0RF posted:

Oh man, you'll be missed!

Does the trailer feature Mark Hamill prominently and deemphasize Gary Oldman? (Trying to gauge just how finely honed my CIG ESP is at this point...)

I'm betting it will feature mocap wireframe models flying off into space, air horns, and Ben Lesnick eating Sandi Gardiner in a single bite. I'm probably as right as CIG is whenever they've tried to answer "When Questions" in the past.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I can't wait for Squadron 42 to come out later this page

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Happy page/year 2016 everyone!

E: Grats PGabz for the p2k snipe. Well deserved and i could think of no better goon to carry this honor.
D.Smart perhaps, but im happy with the way it went.

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Feb 19, 2016

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Wow a big day and a catch up but congratulations to everybody. We made it.

Unlike Chris Roberts and Star Citizen.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

WHAT IS STAR CITIZEN?

Not Star Citizen for starters :v:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

i want some more information about the horse thing, poo poo you can make it up i'll accept anything at this point.

the horse connection is weird.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Google Butt posted:

poo poo you can make it up i'll accept anything at this point.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Can we stop posting Ben "raising the roof" please? Watching how his arms make his bosoms jiggle is disconcertingly hypnotic in its repulsiveness.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
http://www.craigfairbrass.co.uk/

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015

Stop motion?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

It's not just CIG that can't work out what the hell Star Citizen is supposed to be.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

EightAce posted:

Hmmmmm

Stay Safe, Developer Ghost.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Neurotic Jew posted:

cmdrcruisin just dropped some hard-hitting journalism actually:

http://imperialnews.network/2016/02/what-is-star-citizen-2/

:barf:

You know what Space MMO does that? EVE.

You know what Space MMO those guys absolutely hate because people can "roleplay" pirates attacking innocent miners? EVE.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/jobs/378-Community-Manager

quote:

Cloud Imperium Games is seeking an experienced Community Manager for our record-breaking crowd-funded game, Star Citizen!

Responsibilities:

Develop Community Engagement Programs:
• Create content – including editorial posts, polls, and contests – to engage the community, build loyal fans, and spread positive sentiments.
• Maintain, iterate, and continuously develop the community management strategy in collaboration with the Game Team (Directors, Producers, Designers, and Artists) for Star Citizen and Squadron 42.
• Develop innovative community management practices.
• Monitor, report, and drive key community engagement performance metrics (e.g., reach, engagement, positive sentiments).
Be the Voice of CIG:
• Implement community management actions and monitor forums.
• Act as liaison to Customer Support and address the community’s needs.
• Identify community leaders and empower them to more actively contribute to the greater community.
• Participate in fan made efforts. Examples are, but not limited to: Video shows, podcasts, etc.
• Lead the moderation team in the daily maintenance of our website and forums.
Be the Voice of the Community to the Game Team:
• Analyze and identify issues and trends, and share player feedback with the Game Team.
Act as key liaison to Customer Service:
• Act as an embedded liaison between the Game Team and the central Customer Service team.
• Help Customer Service with questions and answers best suited for the knowledge base of a Community Manager.
• Engage and interact with fans on a daily basis and ensure the positive and negative sentiment is raised on a consistent basis.
• Develop weekly and/or monthly community reports related to Star Citizen and Squadron 42 including overall community sentiment, engagement measurement for tactics, and other community highlights showcasing the game.
• Collaborate with the Community Team to provide recommendations to development and marketing teams based on community sentiment and feedback. This will be in conjunction with community reports, daily interaction, survey/polling, and any other related feedback processes established.
• Identify, cultivate, and engage advocates for Star Citizen and Squadron 42, including key music and art tastemakers with strong influence that can help amplify the reach of our games.
• Create and manage prize and product distribution for contests/tournaments/giveaways.
• Collaborate on execution of social media strategy for Star Citizen and Squadron 42. This includes content and social media curation for our official studio website and social media channels.
• Support the central Customer Service team’s efforts in communicating with and addressing top players’ issues on selected games.
• Provide assistance and coordinate with the writing team on future focuses as well as provide additional assistance in creative efforts.

Requirements:

• A passion for playing great games
• Fluency in English
• Work well in a cooperative team environment
• Excellent community interaction skills
• 3-5 years of community management experience
• Strong organizational skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work efficiently in a highly demanding, team-oriented and fast paced environment

Please send your resume to hr@cloudimperiumgames.com with “Community Manager” in the subject line if you are interested in this position.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

EightAce posted:

Hmmmmm

To be honest what could you have even breached by posting here? It's not like you post cig documents or really anything disruptive to cig except your personal opinions.

I dunno this is just entertainment for me but unless you signed a waiver saying I will not post my opinion on somethingawful.com a comedy website forum.... Basically how easily do they want to make an unfair dismissal claim.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Nation posted:

To be honest what could you have even breached by posting here? It's not like you post cig documents or really anything disruptive to cig except your personal opinions.

I dunno this is just entertainment for me but unless you signed a waiver saying I will not post my opinion on somethingawful.com a comedy website forum.... Basically how easily do they want to make an unfair dismissal claim.

This is a company that classifies what Beer did as corporate espionage. I see an unfair dismissal case within their future.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll ask again, anyone have a link & time stamp to that INN guy screaming into his mic about poo poo Goons were talking about in his beloved Twitch Chat from a few weeks back?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Nation posted:

You forget the poo poo that Croberts and his Harpy post. These arent sane people. They are vindictave assholes and would fire him is they found out who he is.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

My most "controversial" post of ALL TIME on Reddit (he=Dolvak):

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/463zv6/meta_discussion_2k16_edition/d02bib7

I'm waiting for the SC cognoscenti to figure out that I use the exact same handle for SA, reddit, twitter, instagram & so forth (almost like I want them to be found & easily linked back to me!)

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tokamak posted:

Dolvak is never going to leave /r/starcitizen. He has too much personally invested in being a Star Citizen thought leader. The guy who runs the bitcoin forums and subreddit is a similarly useless and toxic figure in the bitcoin community. He has made all discussion about bitcoin forks verboten, and fanned the flames of a bitcoin civil war.

So if anything, you should be encouraging him to turn into a little dictator. Bullshit rules and heavy handed moderation piss off the 'rational' fans and encourage further trolling. :getin:

:killdozer:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

grimcreaper posted:

You forget the poo poo that Croberts and his Harpy post. These arent sane people. They are vindictave assholes and would fire him is they found out who he is.

Yea it's a whole mess of poo poo, I guess some of its libelous and gently caress UK libel laws.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Me me me take me Sandi.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I see we reached 2016.

Just two more weeks now.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

MeLKoR posted:

Well, I'm kind of new to this reddit thing. What's the process for getting this little bitch banned? I presume the /r/starcitizen mods are useless if for nothing else because the offense took place in the Elite Dangerous sub. Do we report him to those mods? What if they do nothing, do we contact Reddit global mods?

contact the admins of reddit. you could also mention the cosy nature of Dolvak and CIG.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'll ask again, anyone have a link & time stamp to that INN guy screaming into his mic about poo poo Goons were talking about in his beloved Twitch Chat from a few weeks back?

Hey, I may be wrong, but I think it was in this one. This is the episode where they talked about their secret insider knowledge of Squadron 42's promotional plans (a big push possibly tied to Rogue One). The game, they said, would come out 3 months after their promotional push started (mid March 2017?).

It may not be this episode though... I hope I'm not sending you into the wrong septic tank to look for that particular turd... If memory serves there were many goons watching it live and Spacetoaster (maybe?) pushed the wrong button asking the wrong question and got a scream before he got the muzzle...

G0RF fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Feb 19, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

intardnation posted:

contact the admins of reddit. you could also mention the cosy nature of Dolvak and CIG.

Oh come on

I'm all for paving the way for Dolvak to proclaim himself king of his lovely sandcastle, but getting reddit admins involved is something we should leave for the commandos

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

intardnation posted:

On that INN video I just posted Dolvak is referred to as an "employee of CIG". A characterization he doesn't deny. That's when he started calling Chris Roberts Hitler and saying he saw Sandi tear an employee's heart out and eat it.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

G0RF posted:

Hey, I may be wrong, but I think it was in this one. This is the episode where they talked about their secret insider knowledge of Squadron 42's promotional plans (a big push possibly tied to Rogue One). The game, they said, would come out 3 months after their promotional push started (mid March 2017?).

It may not be this episode though... I hope I'm not sending you into the wrong septic tank to look for that particular turd... If memory serves there were many goons watching it live and Spacetoaster (maybe?) pushed the wrong button asking the wrong question and got a scream before he got the muzzle...

You have a rough time stamp?

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Feb 19, 2016

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015
Screw you guys for all your attacks against INN. Instead of failing to see the critical and inquisitive journalistic pieces they post, you focus on the occasional upbeat editorial whilst ignoring reality.

Here is a sample of one of their balanced journalistic works to sway the mind of those who have not completely lost all touch with reality after drinking Derek's kool aid

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Iglocska posted:

Screw you guys for all your attacks against INN. Instead of failing to see the critical and inquisitive journalistic pieces they post, you focus on the occasional upbeat editorial whilst ignoring reality.

Here is a sample of one of their balanced journalistic works to sway the mind of those who have not completely lost all touch with reality after drinking Derek's kool aid

CommandoCruisinTom posted:

Star Citizen is what you make it

No poo poo

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

G0RF posted:

On that INN video I just posted Dolvak is referred to as an "employee of CIG". A characterization he doesn't deny. That's when he started calling Chris Roberts Hitler and saying he saw Sandi tear an employee's heart out and eat it.

Eight - stay safe commando.

Your guys call on that one then. It is against the rules for employees to be a reddit mod in the sub. It was the reason Niko got PGI nuked for Transverse and got all PGI accounts terminated. (you could blackmail him for shits and giggles though)

Dreadnought started around or after SC and looks good - I have been following it somewhat.

Also

Kingdom Come Deliverance is coming out in the summer - you know the project that was mutually helping SC.
That is how far off the rails this game is.

intardnation fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Feb 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

G0RF posted:

Hey, I may be wrong, but I think it was in this one but I could be wrong. This is the episode where they talked about their secret insider knowledge of Squadron 42's promotional plans (a big push possibly tied to Rogue One). The game, they said, would come out 3 months after their promotional push started (mid March 2017?).

Im pretty sure they never uploaded that stream to youtube. I remember checking and whatever dumb theme name the stream was different than what the next youtube vid they uploaded was.

Heres spacetoaster's post's from when it happened:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=1388&perpage=40#post455221234

Fake Edit:
According to their Twitch schedule it happened on a wednesday so it was probably a "Play with INN" stream which they dont archive or upload to youtube. They only regularly upload their saturday streams.

• Locked thread