Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

howe_sam posted:

Jax had a terrible surgeon reconstruct his ACL

Also with a time traveling ship filled with future medicine you think they might be able to fix it up a little bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Nice choice of music.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
"More drinking, less feeling." This is the best group still.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Crashing in a random place and time? NOW it's Doctor Who.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Future Arrow time!

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Oh my god next week looks rad.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hell yeah, dystopic future time

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Excellent use of the catch phrase on that trailer.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Spoiler-ish image from next week's episode posted by Stephen Amell on Facebook
http://i.imgur.com/GxvCHV7.jpg

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
oh yeah I forgot how badass that shot of Snart running through the explosion was. All the sparks bouncing off him. Was that a mistake?

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

oh yeah I forgot how badass that shot of Snart running through the explosion was. All the sparks bouncing off him. Was that a mistake?

Yea it seems like the sparks landed on the actor which made me think someone on set messed up but it was so cool looking they used it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zebulon posted:

Couldn't they have, I don't know, tried to do something other than just let the small yield nuclear explosion go off in the middle of a gulag? Seems unfortunate for all those prisoners.

yea I was gonna say that couldn't have done anything, but Stein and Jax probably could have absorbed her nuke like they did with the actual nuke.

:rip: nameless prisoners and guards

VBane
Oct 31, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

yea I was gonna say that couldn't have done anything, but Stein and Jax probably could have absorbed her nuke like they did with the actual nuke.

:rip: nameless prisoners and guards

Going to assume the energy put off my an unstable Firestorm would not be safely absorbable by another Firestorm.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

muscles like this? posted:

So that's what Daniel Bryan does after retirement 30 years in the future.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

VBane posted:

Going to assume the energy put off my an unstable Firestorm would not be safely absorbable by another Firestorm.

It's also a fun way to ensure no evidence is salvageable.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Man, I will never get tired of "Rip Hunter's Stupid Team of Assholes Screws Up the Timeline." Like, the fact that their toast at the end of the episode was "to not loving up time this time around! :haw:" is pretty amazingly self aware.

Also I like that Rip killing Savage over and over again throughout history is going to be a thing. His peace-out firebomb on the way out the door after Savage talked poo poo about his family was amazing.

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful

muscles like this? posted:

Aw man they just moved Ollie's awful wig to his face.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

lotus circle posted:

Victor Garber has literally no idea what he is even posing for. It's kind of adorable.

Now they need to post a Vine of themselves doing a Steven Universe fusion dance.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mick continues to be the best part of this show closely followed by Ray.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
You spelled Snart wrong. And you used two names? It's just Snart.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ray is handsome and has perfect hair.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
See the fun of this show is that its just the team, we don't have to worry about family drama or girlfriend drama or whatever..

I enjoy this.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY

This episode was delightful. The show is so far from perfect, I know, but it also manages to be so drat perfect in so many ways.

I had to laugh a little at Jax's victorious sprint moment. "I did it! I overcame my injury! [arms flailing, legs bent in the wrong way, bone jutting from flesh, bleeding everywhere]"

This is probably, like, half-racist, maybe three-fourths racist, but what are the odds Connor Hawke is related to Diggle somehow?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrianWilly posted:

This is probably, like, half-racist, maybe three-fourths racist, but what are the odds Connor Hawke is related to Diggle somehow?

Eh, not that racist. Diggle works with the original Green Arrow and is a vigilante himself. DC is all about that legacy so it would be okay.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Man, Star City being comic book Detroit is all but confirmed with that crash landing into 2046.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Arrow Beyond! WE GOT ARROW BEYOND!!!

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Brandon Routh is pretty great as Ray. I think he's a bit underappreciated because Miller is the best Snart.

DoctorWhat posted:

Arrow Beyond! WE GOT ARROW BEYOND!!!

I didn't see the promo, but I was just thinking this. Get out of my head.

(Wonder if it's Robbie Amell's idea. Apparently, he's a huge Batman Beyond fan.)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Longbaugh01 posted:

(Wonder if it's Robbie Amell's idea. Apparently, he's a huge Batman Beyond fan.)

Who isn't!?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Zebulon posted:

"More drinking, less feeling." This is the best group still.

Seriously, between the writing and the cast chemistry this is good even when its bad. I really hope it gets a second season or something to keep this group together. Maybe "Rip Hunter's Time Team" or something where they fight some of the Golden Age completely bonkers DC enemies jazzed up to be legit threats.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I am unbelievably stoked for Arrow Beyond next week. This show just keeps getting better and better. Utilizing various team-ups to enact development (like Mick and Ray getting some gulag bonding time or a few weeks ago when Snart, Mick, and Sarah went to the bar) is the best idea ever. Literally the only character I don't like at this point is Kendra.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I truly and honestly am not sure why people bag on this show as much as they do. It has its missteps, but the performances alone have been worth it.

I know it's had less episodes, but I'm pretty sure I've enjoyed LoT more than both Arrow and The Flash thus far this season.

My theory is we're just all subconsciously (or consciously) pissed that they used the other 2 shows to set it up, thereby maybe loving up their rhythm (if any).

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Longbaugh01 posted:

I truly and honestly am not sure why people bag on this show as much as they do. It has its missteps, but the performances alone have been worth it.

I know it's had less episodes, but I'm pretty sure I've enjoyed LoT more than both Arrow and The Flash thus far this season.

My theory is we're just all subconsciously (or consciously) pissed that they used the other 2 shows to set it up, thereby maybe loving up their rhythm (if any).

I'm enjoying the hell out of this show, and it may or may not be due to the fact that i've never seen the other two. Like I said earlier in the thread: I'm aware of all the characters and their origins, but have no frame of reference for their TV counterparts. That said, i'm glad to see Brandon Routh getting work again. I always thought he took an unfair brunt of the criticism for Superman Returns. I haven't seen Victor Garber on any TV show since he was Jack Bristow (but he owns), Caity Lotz is cute as hell and could also kick the everliving poo poo out of all of us, I know Arthur Darvill from Doctor Who, the Prison Break dudes from all the other stuff they've done, etc;etc.

I don't think i've ever seen Franz Drameh, Ciara Renée or Falk Hentschel in anything before, though.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Stein's little speech about the fate of modern Russia was awesome, particularly the free to love element. I'm guessing Victor Garber was pretty loving down with delivering that part and it was great.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yes. This was a great episode and next week's looks amazing.

And, as messed up as the Legends teamwork might be, the Time Master's bounty hunter is even worse at his job than they are! And if the timeline is so important to maintain maybe send more than 1 lone guy to stop a squad that includes a demigod, Firestorm, etc.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Inspired choice to literally have your "russians torturing guys" scene be a rip-off of the opening scene to Archer which in itself was a parody.

God is this show bad.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Xoidanor posted:

Inspired choice to literally have your "russians torturing guys" scene be a rip-off of the opening scene to Archer which in itself was a parody.

I don't think tying somebody up by their arms and electrocuting them as invented by Archer, dude.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

J33uk posted:

Stein's little speech about the fate of modern Russia was awesome, particularly the free to love element. I'm guessing Victor Garber was pretty loving down with delivering that part and it was great.

Yeah that whole thing really felt like an "I don't know if you're watching this show, Putin, but you suck" moment to me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xoidanor posted:

God is this show bad.

Go watch Lethal Weapon smart guy.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

I don't think tying somebody up by their arms and electrocuting them as invented by Archer, dude.

Rhyno posted:

Go watch Lethal Weapon smart guy.

Xoidanor posted:

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Feb 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It wasn't a ripoff of Archer though so your attempt at humor failed.

• Locked thread