Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

enraged_camel posted:

They didn't exactly have to go out of their way. She's the voice actor for Vixen on the animated series.

Oh, is that right? Didn't know that. Still though, she seems like she'll be a solid addition to the cast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm thinking the grave is Ollie's baby mama.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

Maybe it's a mass grave and they just stacked all the corpses in there.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm interested in Merlyn putting himself in between Ollie and Darhk.

You could say he's Malcom in the middle.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm interested in Merlyn putting himself in between Ollie and Darhk.

You could say he's Malcom in the middle.

He's keeping them both at arm's length.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Whizbang posted:

He's keeping them both at arm's length.

I'm still disappointed that he didn't pick up his hand to get re-attached, get a cool robot hand or get a super pimp fake hand that is encrusted with jewels.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You know, Malcom can count the people he's murdered with one hand. With each finger representing 100 lives.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

You know, Malcom can count the people he's murdered with one hand. With each finger representing 100 lives.

101 lives exactly, right?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'm still disappointed that he didn't pick up his hand to get re-attached, get a cool robot hand or get a super pimp fake hand that is encrusted with jewels.

With the quality of writing this season, I fully expect Darhk to get one of his hands chopped off in the season finale and to have next season revolve around Malcolm's new evil hand.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Black Arrow is in the grave because SPEEDF- I mean time travel.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Guys, I think we're in the grave...

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Whizbang posted:

With the quality of writing this season, I fully expect Darhk to get one of his hands chopped off in the season finale and to have next season revolve around Malcolm's new evil hand.

If we got Malcolm Merlyn stealing one of Darhk's hands to replace his own and just gleefully going around being 1/8th an evil rear end in a top hat ninja wizard for season 5 that would be amazing. He'd probably forge a new Demon's Head ring just because he NEEDS to be able to stern-faced tell people "I'm Ra's Al Ghul!" whenever he needs to justify himself to someone else.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Whizbang posted:

Only if they ditch Ollie as the main character and get a new, prettier boy to replace him for the rest of the season.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
"Why haven't you done your taxes yet?"

"I'M RA'S AL GHUL!"

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

It seems like Malcolm should have been able to salvage some sort of quasi-League after its dissolution. Like, suddenly there would be a ton of homeless ninjas just wandering around the city. Surely some would follow him.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

nooneofconsequence posted:

It seems like Malcolm should have been able to salvage some sort of quasi-League after its dissolution. Like, suddenly there would be a ton of homeless ninjas just wandering around the city. Surely some would follow him.

There is a lot of money to be made striking it out on your own as a mercenary (if Slade is any indication).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ApeHawk posted:

God I hope so.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's beloved character actor Steve Buscemi. Who among us would not vow to kill his murderer?

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

TyrantWD posted:

There is a lot of money to be made striking it out on your own as a mercenary (if Slade is any indication).

Plus if Ollie does become mayor there will be lots of jobs as gym teachers for the new curriculum; PE will now consist of callisthenics, Parkour, martial arts, and archery. If every archaic-weaponry focused weirdo in the world is heading to Star city the school curriculum needs to change to prepare young people for the world they will have to navigate.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

TyrantWD posted:

Who?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ApeHawk posted:

Then how are we able to post??? god the writing this season :rolleyes:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

twistedmentat posted:

Darhrhrhrhrke uses his magic to bring Moira back to life and then killed her again in front of Ollie.

It's Moira's second grave.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

WarLocke posted:

Darhrhrhrhrke uses his magic to bring Moira back to life and then killed her again in front of Ollie.

It's Moira's second grave.

It will be Moira and Felicity and the Baby mama all in a room with Darkh there. Ollie is tied up, wakes up from being knocked unconscious and sees the three people he loves.
Darhke, with a poo poo-eating grin on his face, gleefully exclaims:

"CHOOOOOOSE!"

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I gotta admit I'm looking forward to the manufactured/forced drama between Ollie and Felicity once she learns about William. It's about time this show re-embraced it's CW roots!

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

enraged_camel posted:

I gotta admit I'm looking forward to the manufactured/forced drama between Ollie and Felicity once she learns about William. It's about time this show re-embraced it's CW roots!

Sam hates Dean, Dean hates Sam. Apply to Arrow?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe she'll be cool

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

enraged_camel posted:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well this one wasn't to protect her. It was too protect himself from his apparently omniscient ex lover.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That wasn't as good as the first Bamford directed episode in terms of action but there were some clever and interesting shots and a lot of good stuntwork.

Also, is Star City facing a critical HCl shortage?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

greatn posted:

Well this one wasn't to protect her. It was too protect himself from his apparently omniscient ex lover.

Thea made it sound like it was to protect William.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Nothing he could do would protect William. Merlyn knew and probably would have known even if Oliver didn't.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

zoux posted:

That wasn't as good as the first Bamford directed episode

Maria!??!

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
I'll give Captain Lance credit for telling the woman he loves the truth and why he's terrified for her safety.

Now if all heroes could figure that out. . :p

shades of eternity fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Feb 21, 2016

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I guess I kinda thought this episode was gonna be based around Team Arrow being trapped in with a bunch of Ghosts and the Demolition raining down on them and they'd have to use cool superhero tactics to fight out of it. That's not what I got. What we got wasn't bad, but it's not what I wanted.

The accuracy here hurts me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah the preview was really misleading.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I'd totally be down with a Gentleman Ghost appearance in a future episode.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Krad posted:

I'd totally be down with a GentlemanGrey Ghost appearance in a future episode.

Steal all the batman references

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm honestly surprised Solomon Grundy hasn't shown up as a bad guy of the week so far.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

twistedmentat posted:

I'm honestly surprised Solomon Grundy hasn't shown up as a bad guy of the week so far.

Solomon Grundy was in season 2, he was one of Blood's lackeys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Whizbang posted:

Solomon Grundy was in season 2, he was one of Blood's lackeys.

Yeah but I want undead maybe mob boss Grundy. He already died, just say that they transferred his body to Central City before the particle accelerator exploded or something and bring him back.

• Locked thread