Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah great HH today, plus it looks like they actually did record it in Brett's house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Hitler, big fan.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I like how they were relentless against the whole "oh, I'm too smart and nerdy to understand sports" attitude.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Sean criticizing racism and lovely comedy and various other tropes may be my favorite part of the show, just right behind the rest of it.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Have you heard of brobible? It's like the Chive on steroids!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

...isn't Chris short for Christopher? Is this a rare episode where Andrew Ti calls out the guest in a gotcha scenario?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Alright this is just getting obscene

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Next week: being unfriendly to black people

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

piratepilates posted:

Alright this is just getting obscene

lmao

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
god drat i loving love that picture of CHRIS COPE

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
you can tell someone is a good actor and comedian if they look physically pained by having a camera pointed at them

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
It's been said a million times, but Gabrus is so loving funny.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I was at that Sketchfest and ASSSSCAT he did the night before, dude just owns the stage.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I'm seeing him tonight with his old improv group that was on yesterday's High and Mighty. He was a literal beast during the Power Hour live episode. I sat behind his in-laws while he joked about loving their daughter and her mom did not look pleased.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
HH is on a roll, what a wonderful ep. Brett has been getting really loving funny lately.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Maria Thayer is my "holy poo poo, she's older than me?" comedic actress crush. I love when she pops up in my favorite shows.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Oh man that might have been the best Hollywood Handbook ever. Maria Thayer is just the greatest

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Yeah, that's an all-time great HH for sure. On fire from start to finish.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Illinois Smith posted:

Maria Thayer is my "holy poo poo, she's older than me?" comedic actress crush. I love when she pops up in my favorite shows.

Whoa, I've always thought she was a bit over 30, tops.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Illinois Smith posted:

Agreed, loved her since Strangers With Candy days. She's perfect on Eagleheart. The woman just does not age.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Guys I'm afraid Sean is going to get murdered by someone from The Matrix.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

"my fighting style is... circular" is a tshirt i would buy

this episode really was one of their best.

cams fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 16, 2016

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I'm only 20 minutes in but as soon as Maria adopted "what up what up" I knew it was gonna be a corker

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

It didn't work, but she's so brave for trying

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Lovebots: should they be?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Could you believe BB-8?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
This IWTT Spielberg series is loving great.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm not a regular listener but the blurb for the Poltergeist epi mentions Spielberg thrice and Hooper not once... do they talk about who really directed that film?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm not a regular listener but the blurb for the Poltergeist epi mentions Spielberg thrice and Hooper not once... do they talk about who really directed that film?

The guy interviewed was also Spielbergs assistant, so it focuses on him a lot. He does say pretty unequivocally that Hooper directed the movie however.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Yes, they specifically go into how much input Spielberg had, at least on the days the guest was on set. I don't know how familiar you are with Gourley but he's way too big a movie nerd to not ask about that.

The same guy was Spielberg's PA on Raiders though, so this one goes into a lot more detail / weird stories.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 18, 2016

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

Drunkboxer posted:

The guy interviewed was also Spielbergs assistant, so it focuses on him a lot. He does say pretty unequivocally that Hooper directed the movie however.

That said, Speilberg did have a lot of input and directed the 2nd unit.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

:siren: WILD HORSES BACK ON WSP :siren:

It's basically them as the Kimmy Schmidt Mole Women but without the apocalypse part. Probably my favorite WH episode yet.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Feb 19, 2016

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Illinois Smith posted:

:siren: WILD HORSES BACK ON WSP :siren:

It's basically them as the Kimmy Schmidt Mole Women but without the apocalypse part. Probably my favorite WH episode yet.

What is WSP?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

ElCondemn posted:

What is WSP?

With Special.... Pest?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Has anyone listened to Longest Shortest Time? I'm not sure where the audience for that is supposed to be coming from.

(Also jus being pedantic but the With Specal Guest Episode's based on Room)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Power of Pecota posted:

Has anyone listened to Longest Shortest Time? I'm not sure where the audience for that is supposed to be coming from.

It's an established show from WNYC Public Radio that was cancelled a few months ago, and Earwolf picked it up. I suppose it's bringing in its own audience. Whoever cut that promo that they're running on other Earwolf shows maybe should've taken another pass at it, though. "It's a parenting show where we talk about the challenges and rewards of raising children; Now, here's 3 clips where all we talk about is sex, including a kid saying 'sex' a lot in a sing-song voice. This is appealing, right?"

Anybody else notice that this week's I4H pretty much did the "Mr. Nice Guy" bit from a few episodes back again with the scene featuring the guy going to court? I supposed a lot of improv scenes hit the same basic beats but "Everybody else escalating the straight man" feels especially formulaic. Came back strong with "Attitude Apparel" at the end, though, that had me in hysterics.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
The one thing that appeals to me is listening to middle aged people talk about how regular and , honestly , kind of funny sex is. Ordinarily you think sex is great but when you get some years and a little maturity you honestly realize it's pretty silly and hilarious if you look at it the right way.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

JethroMcB posted:

Anybody else notice that this week's I4H pretty much did the "Mr. Nice Guy" bit from a few episodes back again with the scene featuring the guy going to court? I supposed a lot of improv scenes hit the same basic beats but "Everybody else escalating the straight man" feels especially formulaic. Came back strong with "Attitude Apparel" at the end, though, that had me in hysterics.

I thought it was pretty boring until the "Attitude Apparel" part. Which was sad since Pauly is such a fun improviser.

Also, apparently Deadpool is the guest on this week's HH. I haven't listened yet but I'm scared. His mouth is more like a toilet bowl than the super bowl.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I'm not even all the way through it yet and this week's HH is already top five for me, Sean "chugging" water had me in tears. "It seems like it's hurting him..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
karan soni was hilarious on other space, I was happy to see him in deadpool