Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Scyantific posted:

The Trinimac stuff? It'll be craftable once Thieves' Guild drops in March. Unless Big Z managed to gently caress that up too and removes the back deco from the armor pieces.

no, the Ra Gada motif? I thought it had been datamined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Yeah, the Veteran rank alternate faction zones don't involve an actual alliance switch. The quests and NPCs will superficially treat you like you belong to the other two alliances, but in actual gameplay you definitely remain in your native faction.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
Getting V15/16 materials in that quantity is a cake walk. I don't know what you're talking about. I literally sell stacks of them raw because I have an abundance. Just go to Wrothgar and farm for a little bit.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

no, the Ra Gada motif? I thought it had been datamined.

Stuff that comes out of datamining doesn't always mean it's going ingame.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

Soul Shriven: Reward for completing Cadwell's Silver (this is retroactive too); Style mat can be found in the chests that spawn after clearing a dolmen

Fat lot of good that does anyone in vet levels. No one ever does the anchors in Cadwel's. Only place to find active anchors is in the home faction, but those stop giving chests if you're too high a level.

"Or are they fixing that?", he asked, already knowing the answer...

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

JackBadass posted:

Fat lot of good that does anyone in vet levels. No one ever does the anchors in Cadwel's. Only place to find active anchors is in the home faction, but those stop giving chests if you're too high a level.

"Or are they fixing that?", he asked, already knowing the answer...

I've done all the anchors in cad's silver, almost done with gold, there's (almost) always people to do them with, if you play really off hours maybe they will lack people

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

This game sure does crash a lot.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

MF_James posted:

I've done all the anchors in cad's silver, almost done with gold, there's (almost) always people to do them with, if you play really off hours maybe they will lack people

Are there always people in town to pug with? Sure, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about just going to an anchor and there being another ten people just there ready to do it or already doing it. Once you leave your home faction, no one is there.

radiatinglines posted:

Not for me.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

JackBadass posted:

Are there always people in town to pug with? Sure, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about just going to an anchor and there being another ten people just there ready to do it or already doing it. Once you leave your home faction, no one is there.

Not for me.

/z <x> dolmen is up if anyone needs it

You'll have at least a couple of other people there within a couple of minutes; everyone wants a shot at free loot and easy fighter's guild exp.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Stuff that comes out of datamining doesn't always mean it's going ingame.

don't take this from me drat you

i logged into cyrodiil just as apparently a DC ball was kicking the poo poo out of EP and i guess someone got lost or something? some guys were rolling around near chim gate as me and my friend walked through and this guy got left behind. i'm by no means good at this game but sometimes in pvp you see stuff that just makes you wonder? like how did this guy hit level 31? how did he get this far? just spamming puncture?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCDCme8wvKY

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Feb 19, 2016

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

NeurosisHead posted:

/z <x> dolmen is up if anyone needs it

You'll have at least a couple of other people there within a couple of minutes; everyone wants a shot at free loot and easy fighter's guild exp.

PS4. Not getting text chat until sometime between one second from now and (hopefully) Dark Brotherhood.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

JackBadass posted:

Getting V15/16 materials in that quantity is a cake walk. I don't know what you're talking about. I literally sell stacks of them raw because I have an abundance. Just go to Wrothgar and farm for a little bit.

You know you're the worst poster in this thread right.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I mean, next to Scyantific but c'mon.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Berke Negri posted:

I mean, next to Scyantific but c'mon.

I was gonna say...

Hey, at least I make you look better by comparison. You're welcome.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

JackBadass posted:

In an effort to be nice, I'm going to assume that nodes on the PS4 give way more than 3-4 mats.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

valuum posted:

In an effort to be nice, I'm going to assume that nodes on the PS4 give way more than 3-4 mats.

Nope. Unless you have plentiful harvester, but that's only a 10% chance.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

So how did you do it then?

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

Baron Porkface posted:

He stopped playing when he got to v8 and thinks 200 ruby ash is a lot.

Also, Berke, if you need still need gear, hit me up in guild chat.

e: Comedy option, some idiot just gave me a bunch of elfbane.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

tgidieday posted:

Hand it over

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

radiatinglines posted:

Really? It's always been super stable for me except for the last time they did server maintenance and everyone and their mother was doing dailies and turning in quests. What's your setup like? I think I remember you saying up thread that you had driver issues? There may be a quick ini fix or something. I've had to tweak some things but it runs great for me, generally.

Are you having fun with the game when it runs, at least?

And Berke Negri, I don't know what level you're at but I could craft you some stuff if you want. I can do 8/10 Clothing/Smithing/Wood with either 2 or 3 trait sets right now depending on gear. Hit me up @thefloobyest.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Really? It's always been super stable for me except for the last time they did server maintenance and everyone and their mother was doing dailies and turning in quests. What's your setup like? I think I remember you saying up thread that you had driver issues? There may be a quick ini fix or something. I've had to tweak some things but it runs great for me, generally.

Are you having fun with the game when it runs, at least?

And Berke Negri, I don't know what level you're at but I could craft you some stuff if you want. I can do 8/10 Clothing/Smithing/Wood with either 2 or 3 trait sets right now depending on gear. Hit me up @thefloobyest.

Yeah the game is fun, but I get random crashes. Sometimes two hours into play, sometimes fifteen minutes. Usually it's right when I walk up to an NPC to initiate conversation, but I've had it crash in vendor menus and the character select screen as well.

I'm running an i5 2500k, 8gb RAM, Asus GTX560TI. Drivers are all up to date. I thought it might be the steam overlay, since I had to revert to DX9 to keep it from crashing on startup when launching through steam. I reverted back to DX11 and used the non-steam launcher to see if it would keep crashing, and it did. I've haven't been able to play without crashes for days.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Baron Porkface posted:

I already explained that.

tgidieday posted:

I'd wager I play a lot more than you do. Farming is pretty simple. You should probably learn how to do it since you're getting into this game.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

JackBadass posted:

I like to pick flowers for equipment that's too high level for me.

That's cool, man, do what's fun.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

You heard it here folks, using communication is basically cheating.

Zenimax gestapo get to work and ban all the console players.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
well it does kind of make a mockery of all the annoying restrictions you have on cross faction grouping and having alts on different alliances
stockholm syndrome maybe

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

radiatinglines posted:

Yeah the game is fun, but I get random crashes. Sometimes two hours into play, sometimes fifteen minutes. Usually it's right when I walk up to an NPC to initiate conversation, but I've had it crash in vendor menus and the character select screen as well.

drat. That's really weird. You've more than got the setup for it. Thinking of it, though, doesn't this game have a ram error? Like it'll say you're out of available memory even though you're nowhere near it? Might be worth checking into it. There's a line in the ini, SET LuaMemoryLimitMB, that might help, as well. Set it to 128 or 256 (over the base 64 which is lol). Might help since you said interface stuff was what caused your crashes. Good luck, man.

Scyantific posted:

You heard it here folks, using communication is basically cheating.

Also lol at this. Talking with your group is cheating? I guess communicating basic strategy is game-breaking, then.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Here's a look at the Soul-Shriven motif.
Yes the axes are scythes, yes the swords are GENUINE HANZO STEEL FOLDED OVER 5000 TIMES (katanas).

John Capslocke
Jun 5, 2007
Since I hate myself, giving this game a shot, wouldn't mind an invite to the guild. @zynjec

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I keep my v16 resources in my poopsock.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

drat. That's really weird. You've more than got the setup for it. Thinking of it, though, doesn't this game have a ram error? Like it'll say you're out of available memory even though you're nowhere near it? Might be worth checking into it. There's a line in the ini, SET LuaMemoryLimitMB, that might help, as well. Set it to 128 or 256 (over the base 64 which is lol). Might help since you said interface stuff was what caused your crashes. Good luck, man.

Thanks, I'll try that out. I also found an official post saying that setting ESO.exe to Windows XP compatibility mode fixes the crash on the splash screen, and that worked.

XP compatibility mode? 32bit application only? Addons with multiple dependencies for other addons, and no vanilla addon settings sub menu? I feel like I've stepped through a portal to 2006.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

radiatinglines posted:

Thanks, I'll try that out. I also found an official post saying that setting ESO.exe to Windows XP compatibility mode fixes the crash on the splash screen, and that worked.

XP compatibility mode? 32bit application only? Addons with multiple dependencies for other addons, and no vanilla addon settings sub menu? I feel like I've stepped through a portal to 2006.

Haha. Yeah. That's what you get with ZOS/Bethesda. But hey, sounds like you at least got things working better!

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

What the poo poo? I just logged onto my PS4 and it won't let me log into ESO. It says I've been banned for using area chat.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Scyantific posted:

JackBadass posted:

What the poo poo? I just logged onto my PS4 and it won't let me log into ESO. It says I've been banned for using area chat.

Doomfunk still reads the thread! We love you! :swoon:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So some ideas on how to improve Heavy Armor (Doomfunk you better pass this poo poo off to Wrobel)

-Change Resolve from armor increase to either reduce the cost of breaking free, or reducing the effects of crowd control effects.
-Change Constitution to a straight bonus to damage mitigation, based on how many pieces you have on.
-Bracing should also negate the "0 stamina regen while blocking" penalty and bring it up to 50% of natural stamina recovery while blocking.

These would probably make heavy armor much more appealing than it currently is, IMO.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

don't take this from me drat you

i logged into cyrodiil just as apparently a DC ball was kicking the poo poo out of EP and i guess someone got lost or something? some guys were rolling around near chim gate as me and my friend walked through and this guy got left behind. i'm by no means good at this game but sometimes in pvp you see stuff that just makes you wonder? like how did this guy hit level 31? how did he get this far? just spamming puncture?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCDCme8wvKY

I've never really PVP'd so I'm probably terrible, but if you're looking for someone else to PVP with or do dungeons and poo poo send me a message, my PSN is NSASpyMachine. I'm not online as much as I used to be due to work and grad school, but generally do something on the ps4 for an hour or so at night during the week.

I think I'm already pals with you if you're SuperFiveFive. Probably from destiny. I hate that game.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

I hate yankees posted:

I've never really PVP'd so I'm probably terrible, but if you're looking for someone else to PVP with or do dungeons and poo poo send me a message, my PSN is NSASpyMachine. I'm not online as much as I used to be due to work and grad school, but generally do something on the ps4 for an hour or so at night during the week.

I think I'm already pals with you if you're SuperFiveFive. Probably from destiny. I hate that game.

yeah, thats me. i've been playing a lot more with some friends, so just toss me an invite if you're trying to dip your feet into pvp, or if you don't mind running dungeons with lowbies.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Thank you, but I'm 8 traits on most items, just largely waiting on those month long research times for the rest since I took a break last summer. It's more the resource collection since I have no where near the time I did earlier in 2015 to play the game right now, but I appreciate it the offer!

tgidieday posted:

Also, Berke, if you need still need gear, hit me up in guild chat.

I may take you up on that post - TG releasing, though it is less the actual resource collection, which I am sure is doable even on my more limited time schedule, as I get bored with looks pretty quickly so if they want to have insane costs for gear like this they really need to put in like some kind of outfit designer feature like other games. Like, why even have all these motifs coming out if it takes a week to just put together a VR16 wardrobe that looks good, let alone fits the meta, let alone the costs for the rarer motif style items or getting the motif pages to begin with.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Alright, I'm not really getting this. Is this like WoW, where you have fun when max level? Because Daggerfall Covenant is probably one of the most boring level ups I've seen.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

There's a line in the ini, SET LuaMemoryLimitMB, that might help, as well. Set it to 128 or 256 (over the base 64 which is lol). Might help since you said interface stuff was what caused your crashes.

I think this has solved my problem, because I I've played several hours now without a single crash. Thanks again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Fargin Icehole posted:

Alright, I'm not really getting this. Is this like WoW, where you have fun when max level? Because Daggerfall Covenant is probably one of the most boring level ups I've seen.

Daggerfall is incredibly boring, on any level.

• Locked thread