Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Otisburg posted:

Yes. Wave 7 pegs and peginas are bigger. T-70s and /FO's are too loose to pick up by the model if you try to put them on wave 1-6 pegs.

ffuuuuuu- ok. I just tried it and it's true. All of it. I don't know if I should hope the new diameter is the same from here on out so I can make a new set of peg baggies labeled 1-6 and 7+ or if I hope they go back to the old diameter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Koopa Kid posted:

One thing that strikes me about good builds is that they tend to be uncomplicated. It's easy when starting out to get caught up in action chains and one ship passing actions/tokens to combo this or that ability, because a lot of pilots and upgrades give you the impression you can pull it off. Then you lose a ship/bump/take some stress and it all crashes down, leaving you wondering where it went wrong.

Top squads tend to just be piles of good stuff that can function relatively independently, from what I can see.

I agree with this post 100%

Part of me wonders if the devs themselves didn't realize this early on. Early attempts at support ships, like the HWK, were practically designed to be the cornerstone in some crazy house of cards.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I'm town between Predator and Crack Shot on Talonbane Cobra (with Glitterstim, of course).

On one hand, Predator is forever, so if I can get more than one range one shot, it's probably worth it. But on the other hand, Crack Shot can make that first, five-dice attack all the more hideous.

Also Engine Upgrade on Cobra, yes or too expensive for his utility?

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Endman posted:

I'm town between Predator and Crack Shot on Talonbane Cobra (with Glitterstim, of course).

On one hand, Predator is forever, so if I can get more than one range one shot, it's probably worth it. But on the other hand, Crack Shot can make that first, five-dice attack all the more hideous.

Talonbane definitely needs engine upgrade, the Kihraxz dial is terrible.

Playing this weekend and working on a build, not sure what I wanna run on Guri here:

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=...amed%20Squadron

Sensor Jammer + Predator vs FCS + ????

Predator's kind of a nonbo if im getting target locks every turn from FCS right? Crack Shot maybe? Calculation? Bodyguard?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Ten Numb is a pretty cool guy with Mangler Cannon.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Endman posted:

Given he has the survivability of a HWK I generally find he's dead before the engine upgrade is useful. I haven't even been using predator on him, relying on one good range 1, glitterstim, crack shot, target lock to push through big damage and then anything he shoots after that is just a bonus.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

hooman posted:

Given he has the survivability of a HWK I generally find he's dead before the engine upgrade is useful. I haven't even been using predator on him, relying on one good range 1, glitterstim, crack shot, target lock to push through big damage and then anything he shoots after that is just a bonus.

That's a good point. I was just lucky with the last time that nobody focused on him, so I was free to get those range one shots. I certainly can't count on that, though.

Pyronic posted:

Talonbane definitely needs engine upgrade, the Kihraxz dial is terrible.

I disagree, but then one-turns are my favourite moves. The dial would far and away better suit something with a barrel roll, though.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

Brunas posted:

I want to fail with imp firesprays some more. The only advantage it has over similar role ships empire side is a large chunk of health and a crew slot. Kallus on a generic seems reasonable? 35 points, the fewer ships your opponent has the longer you live by a dramatic amount, and you can evade on top of that. Need a way to mod offensive dice though, just Kallus isn't going to be enough I'm sure.
I've been thinking the same thing. But have been waiting until ImpVets comes out so I can try Long Range Sensors on it as well. It will be a nice offensive mod for the first shot, and I never seem to have a problem being at Range 3+ with the rear end cannon later in the game.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Endman posted:

That's a good point. I was just lucky with the last time that nobody focused on him, so I was free to get those range one shots. I certainly can't count on that, though.

I disagree, but then one-turns are my favourite moves. The dial would far and away better suit something with a barrel roll, though.

The Kihrakxz dial isn't terrible but it's inefficient in a ship where efficiency is the only thing that matters.

I think i've played 3 games with it since I won a tournament with them back in August last year. I just switched them out for Z-95s and felt a lot better in the end.

It's a terrible ace ship and the aces would've needed better powers than they got to be useful.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Panzeh posted:

The Kihrakxz dial isn't terrible but it's inefficient in a ship where efficiency is the only thing that matters.

I think i've played 3 games with it since I won a tournament with them back in August last year. I just switched them out for Z-95s and felt a lot better in the end.

It's a terrible ace ship and the aces would've needed better powers than they got to be useful.

I'm not sure exactly what draws me to them, to be honest, but I really like flying them. Having three red dice is nice, as well as generics with EPTs, and I can make the dial work for me. It's just a shame that they didn't get access to scum astromechs.

You're right about the dial though. It could be fixed with a couple of extra greens, which it would get from the unhinged astromech if it had the option.

Hint hint, FFG.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Endman posted:

I'm not sure exactly what draws me to them, to be honest, but I really like flying them. Having three red dice is nice, as well as generics with EPTs, and I can make the dial work for me. It's just a shame that they didn't get access to scum astromechs.

You're right about the dial though. It could be fixed with a couple of extra greens, which it would get from the unhinged astromech if it had the option.

Hint hint, FFG.

A lot of people complained about the lack of a 1 straight but if you've flown TIEs you can get around that.

The problem is really that they need a hull/shield and an astromech upgrade to work. This ship has literally no intangibles on other jousters than a 1 hard turn.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Panzeh posted:

A lot of people complained about the lack of a 1 straight but if you've flown TIEs you can get around that.

The problem is really that they need a hull/shield and an astromech upgrade to work. This ship has literally no intangibles on other jousters than a 1 hard turn.

It's a pity FFG has apparently forgotten that the Illicit Upgrade slot exists in this next wave, with only one upgrade being released in two whole Scum expansions. That'd be a great place to explore a Kihraxz fix.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
I mean, cloaking device on Talonbane seems pretty loving amazing tbh. It's not going to be top tier still, but it should be pretty effective.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

ConfusedUs posted:

I agree with this post 100%

Part of me wonders if the devs themselves didn't realize this early on. Early attempts at support ships, like the HWK, were practically designed to be the cornerstone in some crazy house of cards.

Basically, no, they didn't. Remember, Alex Davies, the current head designer didn't officially join the team until after wave 4 I believe. IIRC he had some input on 4 or 5, then jumped in full time after that. And honestly, the general quality and balance of the game has gone up pretty sharply since then. I think the only real bad screwup was the Phantom at release, and that was early on in his X-Wing days.

There's still some gimmicky stuff every wave, but not in the same vein of the early waves. Tbh, early X-Wing is a lot like early MTG: no one understood or had developed strategies yet. If you look at the card pool for early magic, the cards are insane. But if you check what people actually played, they mostly missed the crazy stuff at first. Early X-Wing was like that.

I remember when it launched arc dodging was something that we barely considered. High PS was considered pointless, and Wedge was pretty much the only high PS pilot that saw play because his ability was (and is) bonkers.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

It's a shame that Soontir came out at the same time as PWT becoming a thing. I cannot imagine how Soontir would have destroyed the meta if the Falcon hadn't been released at the same time. I think the impact would have been akin to what the Phantom did before.

Also I assume that Soontir was designed with either elusiveness or daredevil in mind, and PtL was designed to be Tycho's signature EPT. Wish I had picked up the game then instead of waiting till wave 4.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

The Gate posted:

I mean, cloaking device on Talonbane seems pretty loving amazing tbh. It's not going to be top tier still, but it should be pretty effective.

It really doesnt seem good at all because cloaking without ACD sucks.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Nah, it's fine. ACD is great and all, but you can still stygium him and get an evade, then just dogfight as normal afterwards. If you get in a spot, cloak up and disengage.

I've run generic Phantoms a few times, and you just have to play them differently from Whisper. Cloak becomes a delivery tool rather than repositioning/defence.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Quick Twin Laser Turret question.

Does it attack 2 times, and deal 2 damage if both hit, or does it attack 2 times, and deal 1 damage if either/both hit?
If using it on a Y-Wing with the BTL-A4 title, does it cancel the Primary Weapon Attack damage dice as well?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
It fires two attacks, at the same target, with a maximum damage of 1 per each attack (for 2 damage total if both hit). It cannot do crits.

It is a separate attack from the primary weapon and doesn't cancel those dice.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
It fires two attacks, at the same target, with a maximum damage of 1 per each attack (for 2 damage total if both hit). It cannot do crits.

It is a separate attack from the primary weapon and doesn't cancel those dice.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

a) It attacks twice, and can do up to 1 damage per attack (for 2 total damage).
b) No, it won't cancel the primary weapon attack dice, only the dice involved with the TLT attack.

e: :argh:

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Thanks, I was told differently at a store this week, and thought it seemed very wrong.

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

KO Derf posted:

I've been thinking the same thing. But have been waiting until ImpVets comes out so I can try Long Range Sensors on it as well. It will be a nice offensive mod for the first shot, and I never seem to have a problem being at Range 3+ with the rear end cannon later in the game.

Interesting, I had thought long range sensors was over range 3, but you're right it's 3+. It's like a comms relay for target locks I guess. Weapons engineer might make sense as well to give you some options/be less predictable, but kallus is probably better.

What we really need is a title that removes the rear arc and adds a red dice that is appropriately priced.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
Even with a maximum of one damage per shot, it is absolutely crushing me in our current game. Just took out Soontir w/ Autothrusters and an additional Evade Token in two turns of firing. OUCH!

In hindsight, trying to eliminate Poe first, rather than getting behind the Y-Wing right away, was definitely a stupid move. On the plus side, Carnor Jax seems to be pretty useful at pissing you opponent off!

This might have already been shared here, but this always gets me ready for a game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

Broken Record Talk fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Feb 19, 2016

Weirdneal
Jan 2, 2010

Broken Record Talk posted:

Even with a maximum of one damage per shot, it is absolutely crushing me in our current game. Just took out Soontir w/ Autothrusters and an additional Evade Token in two turns of firing. OUCH!

In hindsight, trying to eliminate Poe first, rather than getting behind the Y-Wing right away, was definitely a stupid move. On the plus side, Carnor Jax seems to be pretty useful at pissing you opponent off!

This might have already been shared here, but this always gets me ready for a game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

Yeah, that's a lesson you have to learn when playing against Rebels... NEVER go after Poe first. He's too slippery and has regen so if he gets away, all your initial attacks are nullified by the regen while the TLT is plinking away at you. Always, always go for literally anything else besides Poe first.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Weirdneal posted:

Yeah, that's a lesson you have to learn when playing against Rebels... NEVER go after Poe first. He's too slippery and has regen so if he gets away, all your initial attacks are nullified by the regen while the TLT is plinking away at you. Always, always go for literally anything else besides Poe first.

Yeah, I've made this mistake a few times, and I'm not sure WHY I keep thinking it's a good idea, but I think I've finally learned my lesson. From now on, the Y-wing(s) die(s) first!

So, what has a decent chance of bringing down a TLT Y-Wing, without getting plinked to death (or murdered by Poe) first, that also has a shot at taking out Poe + Tycho later on? Lately, I've been running Interceptors and/or Advanced X1s, but I'm not entirely sure that they have it in them.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Yeah, I've made this mistake a few times, and I'm not sure WHY I keep thinking it's a good idea, but I think I've finally learned my lesson. From now on, the Y-wing(s) die(s) first!

So, what has a decent chance of bringing down a TLT Y-Wing, without getting plinked to death (or murdered by Poe) first, that also has a shot at taking out Poe later on? Lately, I've been running Interceptors and/or Tie Advanced X1s, but I'm not entirely sure that they have it in them.
Soontir with stealth device and autos should be very difficult for TLTs to actually damage.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

The Gate posted:

I've tried it in two games. First game it broke at the end of round one and did functionally gently caress-all. Second game I played it perfectly round 1 - cloaked range 3, got my six defence dice, came through untouched... then bumped instead of getting the R1 blast. Died.

I still think it SHOULD be good, but I've yet to manage to make it good, and I've not run that list again since because I got may Advanced and started playing SOLV (that's Soontir Omega Leader Vader yes I invented the acronym deal with it).

I'll probably give it another try next week if there's a decent number of people around, but I want to practice SOLV too.

The Gate posted:

Nah, it's fine. ACD is great and all, but you can still stygium him and get an evade, then just dogfight as normal afterwards. If you get in a spot, cloak up and disengage.

I've run generic Phantoms a few times, and you just have to play them differently from Whisper. Cloak becomes a delivery tool rather than repositioning/defence.

Stygium isn't worth it for Talonbane, he really needs Engine Upgrade or juuust maybe Expert Handling though I really like VI on him because PS11.

Generic phantoms are a whole different ball game, you try to use them to trade off each other, two of them cloak and two of them attack every round, and if you're careful, you keep the enemy guessing as to which two.

Weirdneal
Jan 2, 2010

So, what has a decent chance of bringing down a TLT Y-Wing, without getting plinked to death (or murdered by Poe) first, that also has a shot at taking out Poe + Tycho later on? Lately, I've been running Interceptors and/or Advanced X1s, but I'm not entirely sure that they have it in them.

I run Soontir + Vader + Palpmobile/Omega Leader and Soontir/Vader has no problem taking down TLTs. Basically slow roll turn 1, go fast turn 2 to get into Range 1 to negate TLTs and just fire 8 dice into the side of a ship with 1 evade dice. It probably won't blow up that turn, but next turn it will. Then focus on the Ace.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Weirdneal posted:

I run Soontir + Vader + Palpmobile/Omega Leader and Soontir/Vader has no problem taking down TLTs. Basically slow roll turn 1, go fast turn 2 to get into Range 1 to negate TLTs and just fire 8 dice into the side of a ship with 1 evade dice. It probably won't blow up that turn, but next turn it will. Then focus on the Ace.

I ordered the Palpmobile, Omega Leader, and drat near everything else in the Imperial arsenal this morning, so I should have a solution to my TLT problem in about a week. drat wishbones!

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
SOLV is good, I prefer it to POW personally, but that's because I hate shuttles. Or any ship that can't *move* when it needs to. It's been my go to list for a while now.

But my reasoning on stygium for Talonbane is that you're really squishy, and if you can decloak you don't need the boost as badly. But honestly, I'm not huge on him in general, so you probably have a better feel for it.

The generic Phantoms I used were actually 2 Sigma's with Jax (Jax's Jam) that used stygium and Sensor Jammer to make them surprisingly tanky. In that list they were definitely the hammers, and cloak was used to make sure that focus fire was hard. It worked really well actually, but suffers from the X-Wing problem of not being able to dig itself out if it fell behind. Losing a ship early was usually a loss, no matter how well you played.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
Panzeh already touched on why I think the K-fighter's dial is one of the worst in the game, albeit he didn't come to the same conclusion. The Kirahxz has no speed-5 straight, no speed-1 straight (!!), and no speed-3 turn. By itself this wouldn't qualify for "worst ever" except that it's on a ship that wants to be flown by aces at the "premium starfighter" cost line, and really, really sucks in that regard. This ship cannot boost or barrel roll. It has 5HP, but most of it is hull (bad) and it only gets two green dice (also bad). "Let's give Scum X-Wings with worse dials, similar costs, and worse pilot abilities" is a design decision that I still do not understand. Respect to all who like Talonbane, but the K-fighter is, to me, the free ship that comes packaged with your $11 Crack Shot.

w/r/t to TLT chat: TLTs are not overpowering when presented in a single-ship-with-turret configuration, and usually are there to deliver stress (GSP with R3-A2 and TLT + title to taste is the ur-example). Your concern here is almost never the damage; a TLT is functionally incapable of damaging token-tanking Soontir Fel. Your concern, here, is that Soontir will now end his turn double-stressed, and if the opponent has gameplanned appropriately, he's going to die pretty promptly without his movehax. The strategy for killing a single TLT Y-Wing is simple - donut the thing with your higher PS and destroy it in two or three turns. (Or PS kill it in one-turn, depending on your list.) That does not, however, speak for the stress control aspect of why those ships are usually run solo, so you'll have to account for that, as well.

Against multiple TLTs (Thug Lyfe, Ezra+stresshog, stresshog+TLT Y-Wing, K-Wings) is where you're going to start to see the brutality of the list(s), because it's just raw, efficient attacks, all day erryday. TLTs are what Accuracy Correctors want to be when they grow up. You're sacrificing swing potential, for sure, with no crits and a maximum of 2 damage per turn, but that two damage straight up just happens most times. Some aces shrug it off better than others (Soontir shines in this respect), but, like - Thug Lyfe doesn't seem like it, but if they fly appropriately and you either get trapped based on rock placement or initial flying or you just plain fall asleep at the wheel for a turn, it isn't "oh, 2 damage here and there, I can survive this," it's "RAC took 8 damage this turn."

I ordered the Palpmobile, Omega Leader, and drat near everything else in the Imperial arsenal this morning, so I should have a solution to my TLT problem in about a week. drat wishbones!

Palpmobile is eaten alive by TLTs. Omega Leader does not really want to gently caress with Thug Lyfe very much - massed TLTs are Whisper's time to shine. Soontir can shrug off the damage with his tokens, but can't afford to stay in range of more than one TLT at any point, really, unless he can PS kill one of them before it shoots. Ironically, if you were looking for the most assured silver bullet for TLTs, your answer is still in Rebels, and his name is Poe Dameron.

The Gate posted:

SOLV is good, I prefer it to POW personally, but that's because I hate shuttles. Or any ship that can't *move* when it needs to. It's been my go to list for a while now.

I can respect this even if I'm on the opposite side of the fence. Yorr's utility is a game-changer, and his blocking is top-notch. He can't just gtfo when he's in your way, or about to get turned into Swiss cheese, that's undeniable. Soontir/OLeader/Vader vs. POW obviously comes down to how much you value de-stress and blocking with utility dicehax versus having that third ace. I've gotten so used to Yorr that I'm starting to think it's hurting my ability to play other lists.

guts and bolts fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 19, 2016

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Well, basically if I'm playing 3 aces against POW, I'm simply not going to approach the shuttle until I want to. It won't ever block me unless I make a play error, and that's that.

Which is still useful on the shuttle's part, it creates a space where I don't want to fly (especially early when you can't get behind it) and makes any moves near it more predictable to avoid the bump. But comparing the shuttle to a third ace, it can't make the same sorts of plays an ace can, and that's what I prefer.

I think part of this is that I tend to almost always fly defensively. Given a decision between a move that could kill a enemy ship or maybe lose me mine, or a move that costs me a shot but is safe, I go safe 99% of the time. All dice hate me intrinsically, so anything I can do to roll dice less often is preferred. :v:

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

The Gate posted:

Well, basically if I'm playing 3 aces against POW, I'm simply not going to approach the shuttle until I want to. It won't ever block me unless I make a play error, and that's that.

It's less that it will block, and more that it can block and your opponent must respect that. The shuttle represents a clear threat to pull the e-brake or generally just muck stuff up in mission critical areas of the board. I would say the shuttle gets to block a well-flown ace, for me, once every two games or so - it usually just doesn't happen. If it does happen it usually translates into an auto-win. If it doesn't, the shuttle is still controlling a large amount of space - its dial is good for those blocks, and it's a large base. In a lot of ways, Yorr is basically an asteroid that can shoot stuff, give OLeader free sloops and Whisper free K-turns, and provide dicehax.

quote:

Which is still useful on the shuttle's part, it creates a space where I don't want to fly (especially early when you can't get behind it) and makes any moves near it more predictable to avoid the bump. But comparing the shuttle to a third ace, it can't make the same sorts of plays an ace can, and that's what I prefer.

Yep. The shuttle has a lot of bonuses and benefits we've already explicated elsewhere - Yorr especially - but what the shuttle will never be is a consistent gun or arc dodger. OGP has very little playmaking potential outside of a clutch block. Plus, bad planning can make the shuttle as much of a liability as an asset. Plenty of shuttle players at GA and AE block themselves with some regularity, which is, like, super bad news.

quote:

I think part of this is that I tend to almost always fly defensively. Given a decision between a move that could kill a enemy ship or maybe lose me mine, or a move that costs me a shot but is safe, I go safe 99% of the time. All dice hate me intrinsically, so anything I can do to roll dice less often is preferred. :v:

I could agree with that, because if given the choice between taking a risky but decisive move or playing it safe, I will take the risk more often than not. Some of it is faith in dicehax, some of it is just that I'm a "Who dares, wins" guy, some of it is just an inherent recklessness maybe? Let me be clear in saying that I do not mean to disparage a defensive flying style at all, yours or anyone else's, but there's a difference between Playing To WinŠ and Playing To Not LoseŠ. I am firmly in the former camp.

guts and bolts fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 19, 2016

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I hate when I roll triple crits with Han because that means I don't get to use his ability, or predator. :smith:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Am I nuts for putting a lot of points into a Super B-Wing that uses stress to attack, Kyle to get focus tokens, and PTL to generate stress? Combined with Airen for support to give more actions for defense, could this be a good list?

BWing Squad? (100)

Keyan Farlander (40) - B-Wing
Push The Limit (3), Enhanced Scopes (1), Ion Cannon (3), B-Wing/E2 (1), Kyle Katarn (3)

Airen Cracken (24) - Z-95 Headhunter
Wired (1), Shield Upgrade (4)

"Red Ace" (36) - T-70 X-Wing
R2-D2 (4), Comm Relay (3)

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

guts'n'bolts, what's your opinion on the upcoming Electronic Baffles?

Personally, I think they're going to be a godsend for the shuttle. You'll still want to play carefully, but you'll actually be able to turn around! Or essentially turn into a stationary turret (for a short time)! Or any sort of other things.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
What exactly are Electronic Baffles? I know what they do (remove stress for damage) but what exactly are they supposed to be?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

What exactly are Electronic Baffles? I know what they do (remove stress for damage) but what exactly are they supposed to be?

At the end of this path you tread lies madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ringo Star Get posted:

Am I nuts for putting a lot of points into a Super B-Wing that uses stress to attack, Kyle to get focus tokens, and PTL to generate stress? Combined with Airen for support to give more actions for defense, could this be a good list?

BWing Squad? (100)

Keyan Farlander (40) - B-Wing
Push The Limit (3), Enhanced Scopes (1), Ion Cannon (3), B-Wing/E2 (1), Kyle Katarn (3)

Airen Cracken (24) - Z-95 Headhunter
Wired (1), Shield Upgrade (4)

"Red Ace" (36) - T-70 X-Wing
R2-D2 (4), Comm Relay (3)

I think it's crazy you'd spend 40 points on a B-Wing in order to have it do 1 damage with that Ion Cannon, but the PtL/Kyle combo looks solid. I'd suggest dropping the cannon and upgrading Scopes to FCS.

I don't see Airen's ability being all that useful. His ability will trigger after PS9+ aces fire, and the benefits of another focus or a boost/barrel roll after that probably aren't worth the points. He's also got no way to reliably take stress except for one k-turn to make use of wired. If you trade him for two bandit Z's your potential damage output and overall HP look more respectable, plus you've got two blockers to help keep ships where Keyan can see them.

• Locked thread