Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I missed this one.

mcmagic posted:

Thinking of taking RDW to Gameday with 4x Searing Blood main board and just rape(this was later edited to have a very good matchup)[ the mirror....

Edited.

Madmarker posted:

Stop that nonsense dude.

Sickening posted:

Of all the dumb poo poo McMagic says you focus on this? Stop the fake outrage. Stop trying to be offended by everything. Jesus christ.

En Fuego posted:

No. gently caress that. Don't use that loving term. How hard is it to be a reasonable human being? Grab a thesaurus and get educated.

mcmagic posted:

I had no intention of starting this dumb argument. I was just making a post about gameday this weekend and this is the last i'm going to address this sidetrack but you're a overly sensitive douchebag who is willfully ignoring context in order to be fake outraged by a completely non offensive post.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
In fairness to those guys, flip-Jace is a really, really easy card to misevaluate. I mean, for how good we all understand it to be by now, it is a 0/2 that you have to untap with. This is not, historically, a formula for a format defining card.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

stinkles1112 posted:

In fairness to those guys, flip-Jace is a really, really easy card to misevaluate. I mean, for how good we all understand it to be by now, it is a 0/2 that you have to untap with. This is not, historically, a formula for a format defining card.

Yeah. Usually it has to be a 0/3.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Madmarker posted:

Many, stupid, toxic words

I appreciate the clarification but please don't restart this fight, if someone is an rear end in a top hat just log it mentally or hit the ignore button and move on.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

PleasantDirge posted:

I appreciate the clarification but please don't restart this fight, if someone is an rear end in a top hat just log it mentally or hit the ignore button and move on.

10/10 redtext+post.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Ramos posted:

I'd like to submit a request to the court to ban these three posters and mcmagic for littering too much.

McMagic just constantly leaves periods everywhere...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Toshimo posted:

10/10 redtext+post.

You're the one who brought this up in the first place. Why didn't you take that into account before you shat all over the thread by bringing up old poo poo to try to start a fight. I've never seen you make an actual topical post about magic in here.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ramos posted:

Good time to go back and look at those Jace reactions.

i would lol at these but tbh i don't remember my first reaction to Jace and i can see myself thinking it was too slow to be good

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
This is why I never post: so it can't be used against me later.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

End of Life Guy posted:

This is good advice.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

mandatory lesbian posted:

i would lol at these but tbh i don't remember my first reaction to Jace and i can see myself thinking it was too slow to be good
My reactions to jace, in order:
"Why yes, 2 thunderbreak regent for a jace seems like a good trade"
"JFC $40 a piece? Sure I'll sell my two for $80!"
"I regret selling at $40 per, also who is paying $80 for these things holy poo poo"

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Latest in "lol WotC digital" news: if you try to go to the Uncharted Realms archive, it's in German, for some reason.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Arboria completely bought out, based solely on "it's on the reserve list and has a unique effect" hype.

At this point, I'm expecting a run on Baron Sengir and Chain Stasis any moment now.

I want to get off Mr. Bone's Wild Reserve List

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Elyv posted:

Latest in "lol WotC digital" news: if you try to go to the Uncharted Realms archive, it's in German, for some reason.

yeah I heard EMA is the last set that's gonna get an english printing, like David Hasselhoff they have decided they are bigger in Germany.

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

End of Life Guy posted:

Yup. A couple of people take it from 'passionate about magic' into 'inflammatory for no reason.' I've seen people make angry posts and then later apologize for them, citing a bad day or a stress event (pet or family member passing, losing a job, ect), but it is way to consistent for that to be the reason every time.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Everblight posted:

Arboria completely bought out, based solely on "it's on the reserve list and has a unique effect" hype.

At this point, I'm expecting a run on Baron Sengir and Chain Stasis any moment now.

I want to get off Mr. Bone's Wild Reserve List

apparently "unique effect" isn't needed; thunder spirit is $60.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

On the other hand, I distinctly remember calling it so I'm gonna lol :smug:

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

TheKingofSprings posted:

On the other hand, I distinctly remember calling it so I'm gonna lol :smug:

Same except I don't think I ever actually called it online so I can't :smug: except for IRL. I was pretty high on Lili too. She's really good.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Ramos posted:

Good time to go back and look at those Jace reactions.

Hey, my quote didn't have anything to do with the playability of the card, it was more of a comment about MTG finance and the buyout mentality whenever a pro says anything positive about a card or the card appears on coverage at a PT or GP or SCG open. I frequently do the same thing whenever a card gets a massive price spike (Olivia V, Kolaghan's Command, Liliana when UB Aristocrats launched)

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I never thought I'd be glad to say "I bought my Arboria pre-spike!"

It's great in the one very, very narrow use I have for it: a UG EDH deck with massive card draw and all the x/x cards-in-hand creatures, just get the engine rolling, drop in Arboria, play no cards until you drop lab man.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
My flip Jace story:

I opened a Korean one. Then U/R mill won a GP and I wanted to play it, so I bought 3 more at $30 and felt like an idiot paying that much.

Now I'm the only guy at my lgs with a playset, and they call me a billionaire pay-to-win hack.

I still lose.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Elyv posted:

That might be the dumbest price spec I've ever heard. Who is going to by them? Who was buying them before the announcement?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Fiend Computer posted:

That might be the dumbest price spec I've ever heard. Who is going to by them? Who was buying them before the announcement?

93/94 players?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Thunder Spirit was the most iconic ~Reserve List~ card and a poster child for how silly it is. I seem to remember a couple of collectors snagging up thousands of them for giggles.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
I thought that honor belonged to didgeridoo. How will Minotaur tribal players cope with the inevitable shortage :ohdear:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Wasn't there for real a pre-Theros run on Didgeridoo or is my brain making that up? I can't tell what's real anymore.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Deckit posted:

Yup. A couple of people take it from 'passionate about magic' into 'inflammatory for no reason.' I've seen people make angry posts and then later apologize for them, citing a bad day or a stress event (pet or family member passing, losing a job, ect), but it is way to consistent for that to be the reason every time.

Not gonna lie I did have a huge freak out in the thread the day my dog died.

Also I just checked the price on tcgplayer for the rest of my UR Eldrazi modern deck. 600 loving dollars for 4 tarns, 4 eyes and 2 caverns. Fuuuuuuuuuck that noise. I'm just going to keep borrowing them.

Also my mass drop for a set of commander 2013 just got delivered. Not bad for 85 bucks.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Elyv posted:

Thunder Spirit is the poster child of bad Reserve List design, too - it's one of the cards they've mentioned by name as "This card is preventing us from making a limited card, because legal doesn't want us to make a card with those stats or better"

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Who wants to trade me a playset of scalding tarns for my near mint Italian chains of Mephistopheles?

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Errant Gin Monks posted:

We should all post earnestly and from the heart.

I bet you are all just harmless nerds in real life and would chill with you all even though when we post it seems like were screaming mad at each other.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Who wants to trade me a playset of scalding tarns for my near mint Italian chains of Mephistopheles?

"Who wants to lose 2/3 of the value of their cards for a card that's only in one unplayable legacy deck?"

I've got a set of foils in varying conditions of sleeve-playability I'll trade for money.

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I bet you are all just harmless nerds in real life and would chill with you all even though when we post it seems like were screaming mad at each other.

I'm still waiting for you to come play vintage!

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

suicidesteve posted:

"Who wants to lose 2/3 of the value of their cards for a card that's only in one unplayable legacy deck?"

I've got a set of foils in varying conditions of sleeve-playability I'll trade for money.

I'm still waiting for you to come play vintage!

Alright fine I will throw in a gaeas cradle.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I want to believe this about everyone (even you and sigma) but otoh people said this about Scalia too so idk man :v:

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

JerryLee posted:

I want to believe this about everyone (even you and sigma) but otoh people said this about Scalia too so idk man :v:

He was besties with the Notorious RBG, he couldn't be all bad.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Niton posted:

Thunder Spirit is the poster child of bad Reserve List design, too - it's one of the cards they've mentioned by name as "This card is preventing us from making a limited card, because legal doesn't want us to make a card with those stats or better"

Yeah I mean they just make 2/1 Flying First Strike for 2W instead of a 2/2 for 1WW, but it's dumb that they have to compromise at all over a French vanilla creature.

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Also I just checked the price on tcgplayer for the rest of my UR Eldrazi modern deck. 600 loving dollars for 4 tarns, 4 eyes and 2 caverns. Fuuuuuuuuuck that noise. I'm just going to keep borrowing them.

Also my mass drop for a set of commander 2013 just got delivered. Not bad for 85 bucks.

I know man, I remembered that. It sucks and I'm sorry. :smith:

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

JerryLee posted:

Wasn't there for real a pre-Theros run on Didgeridoo or is my brain making that up? I can't tell what's real anymore.

There was one but it was before the height of the #mtgfinance craze and I don't think it spiked all that high. I'm on my phone so I can't check atm.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

It peaked around 7 but that had more to do with Homeland having a massive print run and no good cards rather than MTG finance

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Gonna drop a hot tip for you all: buy Farmsteads now. WWW for an enchant land is a real unique card.

We (I) need you at CSC, standard FNM didn't even fire last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
One with Nothing is spiking lol

• Locked thread