Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Warcabbit posted:

Heh. Imagine doing it with a pure volunteer organization of a hundred something people. Part time, no paychecks, the only work I can get from people is what I can convince them they want to do. I'm getting okay at this leadership thing. (We have a design document. You don't WANT to know the pain putting one of those together is for a MMO.)

Mind linking to your game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Toops posted:

We need something juicy. Our sources are drying up.

Derek is not producing, with the FBI calling shenanigans
Ghost dev peaced out for the safety of hisself
CR is dead to the world, working on his FMV game
CIG's productivity is near zero, no new features to break
Stimpire is cringeworthy and played out

Guys, where will the comedy come from?

I'm not too worried..yet. Eventually, 2.2 has to hit.

I think the real dry spell will hit around June. CIG seems to be in a period of weening off the content/open development.

Unfortunately the heavy handed moderation of the official forums and reddit is drying up sources of comedic nature.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
someone give me the Stimpire screenshot

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Tippis posted:

What was the 13th bump from again? So little of relevance happens that I can't keep track of what inane detail catches the attention of the horde.

bbc did a piece on fart shitizen

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Mind linking to your game?

I'm guessing it's http://cityoftitans.com/

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Phi230 posted:

Of course reddit should be taken seriously. That bigoted shithole has literally caused murders.

So has SA. Some crazy dude was complaining about people messing with his puckins. Everyone thought it was a joke and convinced him he should defend them so he shot two people.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Eonwe posted:

You want the Sickening and Heart Breaking truth?

You can't handle the Sickening and Heart Breaking truth

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i talked to dolvak in discord and he did not believe that anyone at CIG reads this thread or that Stimpire was a bannable offense now

lolers

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'm not too worried..yet. Eventually, 2.2 has to hit.

I think the real dry spell will hit around June. CIG seems to be in a period of weening off the content/open development.

Unfortunately the heavy handed moderation of the official forums and reddit is drying up sources of comedic nature.

2.2 will hit the PTU but won't be "released" until March. This will still count as a monthly release.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Regrettable posted:

So has SA. Some crazy dude was complaining about people messing with his puckins. Everyone thought it was a joke and convinced him he should defend them so he shot two people.

thats not even the worst goon meltdown

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Regrettable posted:

Well so should you

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Eonwe posted:

Here you are. No death shall be incurred. And have an injection of insanity.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Clothing line for the Stimpire

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

G0RF posted:

Sandi is back and she's got the munchies again!

The 3/4 angle on Ben is.. Not Good.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

jfc he looks like that main character of the Web comic that says anime is blood

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Phi230 posted:

Of course reddit should be taken seriously. That bigoted shithole has literally caused murders.

Yeah, serious poo poo has happened there. Here as well. There was the one dude who wanted information on different ammo types and then killed at least 1 person using the info he was given here. Not to mention one of Goon Fleets leaders harassing a guy non stop in eve, and then elsewhere, until the guy considered suicide and the goon fleet guy, ON STAGE with CCP told him he should do it if he cant handle a little harassment after months and months of continued harassment in and out of Eve.

SA has had its share of serious poo poo happen.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Gwaihir posted:

Shocking. Just a shocking display of self abuse. Get help Ben, you can turn it around.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

spacetoaster posted:

Still better than brazil.txt

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

grimcreaper posted:

the guy considered suicide and the goon fleet guy, ON STAGE with CCP told him he should do it if he cant handle a little harassment after months and months of continued harassment in and out of Eve.

lmfao loving owned

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Toops posted:

Shocking. Just a shocking display of self abuse. Get help Ben, you can turn it around.

I have never seen a beachball shaped human before. Ben is a medical marvel.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I can only imagine what it must feel like to have fat folds enveloping the armrests of a chair

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

All right, which one of you is this?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/STIMPIRE/members

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Citizens called it too big to fail.

But after Bernie won and didn't break CIG up, it failed anyway.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

spacetoaster posted:

You didn't post the whole thing. Report to your superiors for civil meat processing.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Gwaihir posted:

True but it does make it easier for him to sleep when Sean Tracy comes on and derails the conversation from Wing Commander.

Ben's Mind posted:

"Oh lord. Here he goes talking about mesh conversion problems when 64 bit assets gets squeezed to 32..." YAAAAWNN! "Think I'll just catch a few winks while he's wasting our time..."

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Berious posted:

Oh, right. So that would be ~6,000 new lowest-tier purchases or so.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

hottubrhymemachine posted:

Derek you are hilarious and seemingly full of total poo poo regarding law suits and general follow through.

Part of the comedy is that DS and CR and so much alike. The are both enormous swinging dicks that are intoxicated by their own words and creative thoughts. Their assumptions are reality until proven otherwise.

What makes Smart the hero is that he's not taking money for an impossible fantasy.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Ostentatious posted:

I can only imagine what it must feel like to have fat folds enveloping the armrests of a chair

If his pancreas would speak, it would probably scream and attempt to strangle him in its death throes.

Truga posted:

Citizens called it too big to fail.

But after Bernie won and didn't break CIG up, it failed anyway.

Ben's body is rapidly approaching the limit where it becomes so big that it fails catastrophically. One might say it's not too big to fail.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Berious posted:

I read it. It was definitely a fluff piece from someone who doesn't really understand the industry enough to ask difficult questions, and given that CIG is nominally a 'british' institution they definitely lobbed some softballs in that interview.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

LuiCypher posted:

Ben's body is rapidly approaching the limit where it becomes so big that it fails catastrophically. One might say it's not too big to fail.

AKA the Chandrasekhar limit.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Why walk out when you can outrun?
Okay, since I obviously missed this, can someone give me the tl;dr of the origins of this Stimpire autism?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

G0RF posted:

True but it does make it easier for him to sleep when Sean Tracy comes on and derails the conversation from Wing Commander.

I'm not watching, but is he also still constantly playing on his loving phone? I get that this is a video game, but the lack of professionalism with everything they do triggers me. They are going on air to talk to the people who pay the bills and they dress like slobs, keep their sunglasses on, eat on camera, play on their phones, fall asleep, talk to people off camera, turn and have conversations with each other, and just overall don't seem to give a poo poo about what they do.

It looks bad even for a High School production ('Boom goes the dynamite!').

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Gwaihir posted:

You can see where the arms of the chair bisect his torso bulk.

I can't even make fun of him any more. It's clear he's not capable of self-control & is self destructing before our very eyes.

It's loving tragic

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

The Marauder posted:

Okay, since I obviously missed this, can someone give me the tl;dr of the origins of this Stimpire autism?

Look like 7 posts above yours. It's long, but it's worth reading the whole thing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

BMan posted:

Clothing line for the Stimpire

What the gently caress is this, morning role call at Auschwitz?

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Tippis posted:

Oh, right. So that would be ~6,000 new lowest-tier purchases or so.

The packages primarily went to existing package owners as they got a discount. The citizen numbers didn't go up nearly enough to support the notion it was to new players. The free fly weekend is the easiest way to convince someone not to buy into the janky mess.

moonraker
Oct 29, 2015
A new ATV is up with a special cam that shows the true nature of the Stimpire

https://youtu.be/BIly4QR5NdI

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Why walk out when you can outrun?

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Look like 7 posts above yours. It's long, but it's worth reading the whole thing.

I read it.

I still don't understand.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

moonraker posted:

A new ATV is up with a special cam that shows the true nature of the Stimpire

https://youtu.be/BIly4QR5NdI

:aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

2.2 will hit the PTU but won't be "released" until March. This will still count as a monthly release.

open development ho!

say have they ever released another schedule or design doc besides the one for 13?
Just wondering if they actually have a roadmap or is just as the emperor dictates?

• Locked thread