Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Davincie posted:

yeah, they looked horrible

Yeah I just looked at the thread. Tagged as dvdrip for some reason. Pretty sure the ones I got from the SNSD site were HD but it's down at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

Pretty sure the ones I got from the SNSD site were HD but it's down at the moment.

IY season 1 wasn't filmed in HD (or at least not edited to be broadcast in HD), that's why even the official videos on Youtube don't look that great. They also hosed up the aspect ratio.

westborn fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 19, 2016

Bradster
Aug 14, 2004

Ryan Reynolds brings a brilliant new form of acting in every movie he does!

westborn posted:

IY season 1 wasn't filmed in HD (or at least not edited to be broadcast in HD), that's why even the official videos on Youtube don't look that great. They also hosed up the aspect ratio.

Yeah it was shot in SD, but the 2 part 'visit japan' episode was shot in HD and it's one of the better episodes.

I have all of the Invincible Youth episodes if any of you need them. Even have the raw, unsubbed which are 576p and 60fps.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

westborn posted:

Ah gotcha! I do remember scouring for the best ones I could find at the time, as bad quality rips do my head in. Alas a poor memory never helps me remember exactly what I have.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Bradster posted:

Yeah it was shot in SD, but the 2 part 'visit japan' episode was shot in HD and it's one of the better episodes.

I have all of the Invincible Youth episodes if any of you need them. Even have the raw, unsubbed which are 576p and 60fps.

I would be interested in some unsubbed episodes for #39 onwards. There were no sub teams that did those and we only had the basic KBS subs for those, so I'd be interested in seeing if we could do something nice with those.

Bradster
Aug 14, 2004

Ryan Reynolds brings a brilliant new form of acting in every movie he does!

Jamesman posted:

I would be interested in some unsubbed episodes for #39 onwards. There were no sub teams that did those and we only had the basic KBS subs for those, so I'd be interested in seeing if we could do something nice with those.

I had converted the KBS hardsubs to softsubs for episode 39. Figured out a pretty good way to use an OCR on the hardsubs but I got busy with work and kinda forgot about it. I'll try to throw these episodes up on my seedbox this weekend.

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

This weeks My Little Television (episode 41) is probably a good episode to check out if you want to get into it. Watching Gfriend invade and embarrass a man's life by accident, with the chat egging them on, is pretty hilarious.

http://kshowonline.com/kshow/4524-[engsub]-my-little-television-ep.41

edit: Though the actual show edited out the best bit

http://www.asianjunkie.com/2016/02/18/g-friends-toilet-paper-adventure-with-english-subs-yerin-continued-to-troll-later/

GenghisTron fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Feb 22, 2016

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
https://youtu.be/hcgT1eq3CLM

Welcome back, ladies :unsmith:

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

IC Ugly Festival was adorable

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
What was the netizens big rub about it? I don't read NB all that often anymore but saw several people complaining.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

TEHJOE posted:

What was the netizens big rub about it? I don't read NB all that often anymore but saw several people complaining.

Regarding the Ugly Festival? It's about taking everything too seriously

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008

GenghisTron posted:

This weeks My Little Television (episode 41) is probably a good episode to check out if you want to get into it. Watching Gfriend invade and embarrass a man's life by accident, with the chat egging them on, is pretty hilarious.

http://kshowonline.com/kshow/4524-[engsub]-my-little-television-ep.41

edit: Though the actual show edited out the best bit

http://www.asianjunkie.com/2016/02/18/g-friends-toilet-paper-adventure-with-english-subs-yerin-continued-to-troll-later/

Good solid episode. Even the bombs were turned into something entertaining.

Jung Saem-mul is so much better with a MC.

I though Gura's comments to JSM were snide but his show was the most fun. I'm surprised that the home shopping networks would be so candid about their business.

Bbaek-ga was the worst but his arrogance played well. The "Santa" photo was uncomfortable. I thought his brother-in law was LKS for a second.

I don't like new idols being wallflowers but Yerin was borderline bratty. With no editing MLT can be a dangerous show for idols.

The Korean narrative of hip hop is to be expected. His guest refused to dance in front of the camera.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
Invincible Youth is the most feel good thing. Definitely watch it. Also I'm pretty sure you dont need to pay money to access the download on that snsd site, when I downloaded the episodes from their forums you just had to make 50 throwaway posts on some random threads and you'd have access.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
http://tvcast.naver.com/v/772077 [STATION] 에릭남 x 웬디_봄인가 봐 (Spring Love)_Music Video Wendy and Eric Nam.

Get ready for a whole month of rehashed trolls as Jessica, Tiffany , Taeyeon and maybe Yuri release new songs.

Subyng
May 4, 2013

TEHJOE posted:

Get ready for a whole month of rehashed trolls as Jessica, Tiffany , Taeyeon

cool

TEHJOE posted:

and maybe Yuri

lol

Sakako
Dec 31, 2013
Not sure if anyone posted about it before, but Dramaworld is premièring on Viki, the "Korean Hulu", in a couple of weeks. It's about an American girl who gets magically transported inside a K-drama and has to save the world.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
If you like drama you aren't going to get much better than Minzy declining to reup with YG.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

TEHJOE posted:

If you like drama you aren't going to get much better than Minzy declining to reup with YG.

Shut up. Shut up with your hurtful words. :(

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Where is that solo cl album lol

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Where is that solo cl album lol

Hopefully in the trash.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Next to her worn out spanx.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
Reminder that Conan's Korea episode is tonight.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Hey guys, I'm coming over from Trad Games and I thought I'd post here to see if I could drum any interest up:

I'm running a Crime Scene themed game on Discord in the upcoming weeks (date will be provided soon) and if you're a fan of Korean TV variety like that, come check out the thread and read how to be involved if you'd like to be!

Basically, I'm running a Crime Scene game but an internet version which will be a bit different but have a lot of the same aspects and themes only done through an over-the-mic format, come check it out! I only have 6 slots so I'm going to be picking the best applications for it, and yeah, we're pretty chill people. Thanks~

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2mqrzKHb3w

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Kind of disturbing how much Conan O'Brien in that makeup looks like Ted Cruz.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Pretty solid Conan escapade there, though I think it peaked early with his Korean teacher. That one segment was the best international Conan moment I can recall, though I'm sure there was sweet stuff during his Cuba and Iceland trips. I don't think I'll ever get tired of Korean women screaming or just outright swooning while meeting a celebrity.

There was lots of solid String Dancing in there, but I really think they missed a great chance for Conan to do his cat growl and pawing to AoA and get cat movements right back at him. Admittedly a lot of that is just me wanting to see more AoA though.

I'm signed up for Crime Scene as well, hope I can get my Detective Conan on.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
The Conan parody k-pop song is catchier than most of the current crop of k-pop songs.

Also the Korea ep was excellent.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I was hoping for him to interact with some people from Running Man or get shown Starcraft by Yohwan or something, basically just fully integrate himself with more of the Korean celebrities I've seen on various shows, but JYP filled that niche pretty well on his own.

Now we can only hope that Jack Black is on Conan soon and they both just talk about Korea nonstop.

I like that Conan pointed out that a little over 60 years after being pretty wrecked by a war that involved the biggest military forces on Earth at the time basically using them as a staging area and way to wage war by proxy, with all the devastation you'd think that would cause, they're now the 12th biggest economy on Earth. I mean, I wouldn't call South Korea a perfect society, no country or society on earth is perfect, but when you have that kind of turnaround that quickly goddamn you're doing something right. It's something I just hadn't really thought about until he mentioned it in those terms, although obviously not getting into the nitty gritty of the conflict.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

NowonSA posted:

I mean, I wouldn't call South Korea a perfect society,

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The only perfect society is my ant farm, Ant Land.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

NowonSA posted:

I mean, I wouldn't call South Korea a perfect society

Literally everyone I know hates it here and wants to leave. 헬조선 is a weird thing for you Koreaboos to latch on to.

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.

Whizbang posted:

Literally everyone I know hates it here and wants to leave. 헬조선 is a weird thing for you Koreaboos to latch on to.

they're not best Korea so of course those fuckin overachievers think it's a poo poo hellhole

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Whizbang posted:

헬조선

Huh?

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
Lee Kyung Kyu 's puppy channel is hands down the worst thing I have seen broadcast. It's a trainwreck of lazy and needless danger. Yet it caused a ratings bonanza.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
descendants of the sun any good?

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

EvilElmo posted:

descendants of the sun any good?

I watched and liked it. It's still a kdrama though so if you're looking for something without the usual cliches of parents disapproving of marriages this isn't it.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7rCyll5AeY TWICE(트와이스) "CHEER UP" M/V

Wonder how they are going to avoid getting banned on the terrestrial stations. I bet they were really happy when RV went for a ballad comeback.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

TEHJOE posted:

Wonder how they are going to avoid getting banned on the terrestrial stations. I bet they were really happy when RV went for a ballad comeback.

Why would they get banned?

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
I know that censorship can be erratic but I would be surprised if someone doesn't raise hell over the guns. That being said, I've never heard that SNSD had an issue with Hoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

TEHJOE posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7rCyll5AeY TWICE(트와이스) "CHEER UP" M/V

I just listened to the EP and it wasn't that great. I'll probably warm up to this song but the rest is a mixed bag. Not really feeling it though.

• Locked thread