Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

flesh dance posted:

That said, are there any other weird/quirky/arty exclusives for the system I missed out on? I never followed playstation stuff.
Not exclusive to the PS3 (it's also on Vita and PS4), but if you can get it on sale Sound Shapes is pretty chill.

edit: add in quote cause lol new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
I enjoyed Octodad, but I don't think it's exclusive.

Edit: I guess Roundabout might fit that bill too?

Edit2: Oh wait you said "arty." Ignore these.

Mayor McCheese fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 19, 2016

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

flesh dance posted:

Hi thread, I've always wanted to check out Noby Noby Boy, but never had a PS3 in my house until now. I just looked it up and it seems like growing and reporting in was a huge part of the game, is there any point to playing now that it's "complete?"

For $5, I think it's still okay for screwing around in all of the stages. Don't bother putting up stretch lengths, though. The report multiplier that was up for years now no longer exists after Girl completed her trip. All of your reports will be stuck in the back of the high score list behind scores made with the multiplier.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Also check out doki doki universe... super chill game and very arty I would think.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

flesh dance posted:

Hi thread, I've always wanted to check out Noby Noby Boy, but never had a PS3 in my house until now. I just looked it up and it seems like growing and reporting in was a huge part of the game, is there any point to playing now that it's "complete?"

That said, are there any other weird/quirky/arty exclusives for the system I missed out on? I never followed playstation stuff.

I love games like that. Loved Noby Noby Boy. I'm pretty sure you can continue growing Girl, but I don't have my PS3 to check. You could try Journey, Flower and Flow. Hohokum is really great if you like that type of game too. Katamari Damacy is somethign special if you've never tried that. There are some others like DeTuned and Linger in Shadows that are pretty out there. I liked them, back when they came out, but I did a lot more drugs back then too.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Wow, thanks everyone! These are all good suggestions that I'm down with. Now that you jogged my memory I remember both Journey and Hohokum being things I wanted to play at the time!

Mayor McCheese posted:

Edit: I guess Roundabout might fit that bill too?

Edit2: Oh wait you said "arty." Ignore these.

Not necessarily. :) I have both of those on Steam and love them. I've just never owned a PlayStation (or any Sony console) before and was curious about what exclusive stuff I might have missed. They really don't like porting stuff to PC, haha. My bf got his dad's old PS3 to finally play Demon's Souls, so I figured I should take advantage of the situation.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

play demons souls too

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Maybe someday, I still have to get through my playthrough of Dark Souls tho. Those games are awesome and gorgeous but bad good? for me because I am stupid and reckless and impatient

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you might like demons. it is easier to be reckless than dark. you can get a bunch of hp regen and poo poo.

also most of the bosses will feel like a complete joke if you beat dark first.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

flesh dance posted:

Wow, thanks everyone! These are all good suggestions that I'm down with. Now that you jogged my memory I remember both Journey and Hohokum being things I wanted to play at the time!

Not necessarily. :) I have both of those on Steam and love them. I've just never owned a PlayStation (or any Sony console) before and was curious about what exclusive stuff I might have missed. They really don't like porting stuff to PC, haha. My bf got his dad's old PS3 to finally play Demon's Souls, so I figured I should take advantage of the situation.

Arty and great and a little more action but still
Extremely chill:

Grow Home.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

El Hefe posted:

You can use remote play with every single game playable on the PS4, only restriction are things like Plex and other apps.

Plex actually does work and is one of the only streaming apps which does; on the PS4 side Dragon Ball Xenoverse is blocked from Remote Play entirely and does not have special hardware requirements like the camera and stuff.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

flesh dance posted:

with journey my rec is to wait until youve got a decent chunk of time free and complete it in one sitting

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its not that long or anything but really benefits from playing it from start to finish in one go. also you'll want to once you start anyway.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Also don't play it offline, if for some reason that's something you do.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

Yes, though you apparently need to beat the story mode with every character to get enough currency to unlock one character.

Clearing all of story mode with every character is about 160,000 FM, 100,000 gets you one character for free, and you can get 100,000s more doing the extremely boring survival mode. I have the feeling nobody will actually pay for a single character in this first season.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

This is a rad deal, particularly when you're from the UK. The Canadian store is killing me right now.

Also, Zombi is surprisingly pretty tense.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mayor McCheese posted:

Is octodad better on ps4 or vita?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

In Training posted:

Clearing all of story mode with every character is about 160,000 FM, 100,000 gets you one character for free, and you can get 100,000s more doing the extremely boring survival mode. I have the feeling nobody will actually pay for a single character in this first season.

The average player will not complete survival on anything above Easy which gives you pretty much nothing and isn't repeatable.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is octodad better on ps4 or vita?

I have only ever played it on the PS4 with couch coop mode. Was pretty great.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

flesh dance posted:

Wow, thanks everyone! These are all good suggestions that I'm down with.

One more: Child of Eden from the creator of Rez. Best played with the Move controller, but the dualshock works too.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mayor McCheese posted:

I have only ever played it on the PS4 with couch coop mode. Was pretty great.

I guess I can always get it on ps4 and remote play it too

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Some of the stuff coming out next week, from here

quote:

PS4 Games
Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders
Far Cry Primal
Hitman GO: Definitive Edition
Ninja Senki DX
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
Replay – VHS is Not Dead
Runner2
The Walking Dead: Michonne Episode 1 ‘In Too Deep’
Toki Tori 2+
Wondershot

PS3 Games
The Walking Dead: Michonne Episode 1 ‘In Too Deep’

Vita Games
Ninja Senki DX
SwapQuest

Also, out of nowhere, PS4 demo of The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition is now out in the NA store. Who asked for a PS4 version of this game? :confused:

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
I almost forgot: PS4 open beta of The Division is now up and available until Monday, February 22.

NA link
EU link

Beta is around 24 GB to 26 GB.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I didn't realize a new telltale walking dead was coming out. Gonna wait for the season to complete and review to come out.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

quote:

lol what? are the game pieces more detailed or something?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Surlaw posted:

The average player will not complete survival on anything above Easy which gives you pretty much nothing and isn't repeatable.

Survival on easy with all characters pushed me above 250k fm so theres a free character there for the taking.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Yechezkel posted:

Also, out of nowhere, PS4 demo of The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition is now out in the NA store. Who asked for a PS4 version of this game? :confused:

100Knight nearly killed NIS as a project and when it finally did release, it was a barely-functioning flaming trash heap priced at the maximum japanese MSRP for PS3 games and remains one of the only games on the PS3 that will consistently hardcrash the console at the drop of a hat, so this is probably their means of a vague "apology". v:v:v

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

any word on new ps2>ps4 games? i feel like its been a whole month since the last set of releases

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

morallyobjected posted:

I was playing Helldivers listening to my teammates chat and one guy was playing on his Vita and another guy was interested in it and the first guy maybe convinced him to get one.

there isn't more to this story. just a Vita sighting in the wild, I guess. someone is convincing others to pick them up

I have a vita. I like it, mainly because I get all these free ps+ games and great indies I can play. Bonus is remote play the PS4 while in bed.

Andrast posted:

Vita is nowhere near powerful enough to emulate a PS2, even if you could do proper homebrew with it.

There are the metal gear ports, but those specifically port and do not emulate as far as I know.

But you can play all those PS ONE classics, altough they're way too expensive on the PS store.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Real hurthling! posted:

any word on new ps2>ps4 games? i feel like its been a whole month since the last set of releases

I imagine they weren't selling like the hot potatoes Sony thought they were.

Billy Elliot posted:

There are the metal gear ports

And ports of Final Fantasy X/X2, the Ratchet and Clank Trilogy, and the Sly Cooper Trilogy. They are all great.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
There are quite a few PS2 ports on the Vita, God of War, Persona 4. Final Fantasy X, etc.

If Sony wanted they could've ported a lot of the other big titles because the Vita is powerful enough to run them and even make them look better than the original.

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014

Emalde posted:

100Knight nearly killed NIS as a project and when it finally did release, it was a barely-functioning flaming trash heap priced at the maximum japanese MSRP for PS3 games and remains one of the only games on the PS3 that will consistently hardcrash the console at the drop of a hat, so this is probably their means of a vague "apology". v:v:v

I don't know about the crashing issues, the u.s. version was fine for me, but the ps3 game is rather tedious and grindy to play. I say this as someone who thoroughly enjoys vanillaware games too. Gave it a real shot, but every dungeon is more or less the same and there's a weapon weakness wheel that is just annoying to engage with due to needing to equip multiple weapons to your one attack string.

Needs some big changes to actually be good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I heard a lot of bad things about it so I'm not going to touch even a relatively cheap PS4 version
Not until it's like £10 anyway

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Saoshyant posted:

I imagine they weren't selling like the hot potatoes Sony thought they were.

why's that? seemed like a lot of people bought at least one GTA and Level 5 RPG

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Real hurthling! posted:

I remembered hearing that Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter just got ported in Japan but it looks like it's a PS3 release, not PS4. I'd love to play that one again.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
A little help guys?

A pack with 68 accesories has been released for Bhikkhuni but the thing is so big that I haven't been able to properly download it. The Vita gets stuck in the PS store without adding all the stuff to my queue, I tried leaving it be for a while but even after two hours the drat thing keep stuck.

Any ideas?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

A little help guys?

A pack with 68 accesories has been released for Bhikkhuni but the thing is so big that I haven't been able to properly download it. The Vita gets stuck in the PS store without adding all the stuff to my queue, I tried leaving it be for a while but even after two hours the drat thing keep stuck.

Any ideas?

Have you tried pushing it to your Vita from the webstore?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Survival on easy with all characters pushed me above 250k fm so theres a free character there for the taking.

It's also incredibly boring

But yeah if you do Survival on easy with everyone and story mode with everyone you should easily be above 200k. Characters cost 100k each and will be coming out monthly so you have a good time frame to get them for free.

The problem is that earning fight money after you do all that is REALLY slow. Like 2000 random matches for another 100k slow (Battle Lounge doesn't count and is the majority of what I play). You need 500k to unlock every character and that's assuming you don't buy any alternate costumes or whatever else they are gonna be selling, so eventually you will have to resort to spending real money.

Maybe the new patches will add more methods to get it, I bet when they patch in challenges finishing those will get you fight money but the last challenge is always some obtuse bullshit that will take you an hour to get

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

A little help guys?

Any ideas?

Have you tried turning yourself into the police?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Agrias120 posted:

Have you tried pushing it to your Vita from the webstore?

That worked! Thanks!

• Locked thread