Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot

Dolphin posted:

Were you going to answer the question?

The answer to the question is yes, why of course you would be totally fine with being replaced at your job by an illegal immigrant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T r a v i s posted:

The answer to the question is yes, why of course you would be totally fine with being replaced at your job by an illegal immigrant.
Good god dude get yourself together.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Dolphin posted:

There has to be a massive amount of cognitive dissonance going on for you to argue that deporting 11-20 million illegal workers is the moral high ground.
Lesser of two evils.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the trump tutelage posted:

Lesser of two evils.
No it isn't. Neither economically nor morally.

Trump 2016!

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree :)

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
Liberals say stuff like "undocumented workers are great for my grocery bill" and "I would be fine with being replaced at my job by an illegal immigrant".

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree :)
Come to the other side. We've got better paying jobs and our guy has a slightly better haircut.

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
Your job can't pay that well if you are willing to give it up just to look silly online.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

T r a v i s posted:

Your job can't pay that well if you are willing to give it up just to look silly online.

Did you get hit in the head?

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Talmonis posted:

To elaborate further on it being "our fault", I'm saying that if someone is here, we bear that responsibility due to our greed, and the porous border. Only deport the problem migrants, crush the labor cheats, tax the money transfers and enforce the border with better surveillance.

Why are you trying to invoke collective guilt on the American people when only the tiny fraction at the top were responsible for the greed and the porous border, and they're the only ones who benefit from the illegal immigration.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Dolphin posted:

. And it's easier to do than finding every illegal immigrant for deportation. Law abiding undocumented workers should be given some amnesty and working rights under some circumstances (but not full citizenship), law breaking undocumented workers should obviously be deported.

THEY ALL BROKE THE LAW TO GET HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. That's why they should be deported!

And please stop calling them undocumented as if it was a minor filing error and not a deliberate attempt to break and circumvent immigration law.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

The Saurus posted:

Why are you trying to invoke collective guilt on the American people when only the tiny fraction at the top were responsible for the greed and the porous border, and they're the only ones who benefit from the illegal immigration.

We unfortunately do benefit via low produce prices and cheap day-work services.

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
Unemployed people do not benefit from those things more than they would benefit from having jobs.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
True, but again most would not suddenly be seeking out the hard labor fruit picker jobs that the majority of illegal workers do. Those jobs are terrible for the health of anyone but the young and strong. Many prefer to stay on unemployment benefits as long as possible, while searching for a job that will pay higher than minimum wage. Most people would rather work retail or fast food, before maid services, landscaping and harvesting.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Saurus posted:

THEY ALL BROKE THE LAW TO GET HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. That's why they should be deported!

And please stop calling them undocumented as if it was a minor filing error and not a deliberate attempt to break and circumvent immigration law.
it's a non-violent offense. that's like kicking a tourist out for speeding.

and almost no one thinks they should all be deported except for the craziest of right wingers

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Dolphin posted:

it's a non-violent offense. that's like kicking a tourist out for speeding.

It's more like kicking a tourist out for overstaying their visa.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

no it isn't.

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot

Fiction posted:

Did you get hit in the head?

I did not. Would you be okay with losing your job so your employer could hire an illegal instead?

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

:boom:

Dolphin posted:

no it isn't.

:laffo: you're a joke

Talmonis posted:

True, but again most would not suddenly be seeking out the hard labor fruit picker jobs that the majority of illegal workers do. Those jobs are terrible for the health of anyone but the young and strong. Many prefer to stay on unemployment benefits as long as possible, while searching for a job that will pay higher than minimum wage. Most people would rather work retail or fast food, before maid services, landscaping and harvesting.

The 30 million legal immigrants in the country aren't allowed to claim unemployment. They would love the opportunity to do those jobs for a fair wage.

In fact there's a pro-illegal website that has a section where they offer to get you a job in the agricultural sector. I filled out the form because I need work and don't mind doing it. After filling out the form they informed me that it was just a publicity stunt to make people feel like without illegals no one would do those jobs, and they can't actually find me work.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Saurus posted:

:boom:

:laffo: you're a joke
Tourists aren't immigrants hth

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Immigrants are cool. Everyone chill.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T r a v i s posted:

I did not. Would you be okay with losing your job so your employer could hire an illegal instead?
Translated:

T r a v i s posted:

Yes I did get hit in the head

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Dolphin posted:

Tourists aren't immigrants hth

Tourist visa overstays are a major source of illegal immigration, including the englishman illegal I personally know.

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
(While pinching my nose) Mexicans are the hardest working people in the world and it would be cool if I was replaced at my job by an illegal immigrant.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Saurus posted:

Tourist visa overstays are a major source of illegal immigration, including the englishman illegal I personally know.
Sure, and they have options for staying depending on individual circumstances.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T r a v i s posted:

(While pinching my nose) Mexicans are the hardest working people in the world and it would be cool if I was replaced at my job by an illegal immigrant.
Just what the gently caress happened here.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Can I just thank forums poster "penor kropoopkin" for engaging me in an intelligent and respectful discussion about illegal immigration and its benefits/negatives a few pages back despite our differences of opinion

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Saurus posted:

Can I just thank forums poster "penor kropoopkin" for engaging me in an intelligent and respectful discussion about illegal immigration and its benefits/negatives a few pages back despite our differences of opinion
gross, that's obsequious as poo poo

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Dolphin posted:

gross, that's obsequious as poo poo

I saw how lovely the thread got after you showed up so I feel v grateful that we were able to have a few good intelligent posts last night

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

The Saurus posted:

I saw how lovely the thread got after you showed up so I feel v grateful that we were able to have a few good intelligent posts last night

Any trump thread will be bad. Not democratic primary thread bad. But bad.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Saurus posted:

you're giving yourself way too much credit haha

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
People who enter the country illegally or overstay their visas should be deported.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T r a v i s posted:

People who enter the country illegally or overstay their visas should be deported.
very nice, I like your topic sentence.

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
Things that are against the law:

-Rape
-Vandalism
-Fraud
-Illegal immigration
-Extortion
-Murder
-Theft
-Kidnapping
-Reckless endangerment
-Selling drugs
-Driving without a license
-Littering

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

T r a v i s posted:

-Rape
-Vandalism
-Fraud
-Illegal immigration
-Extortion
-Murder
-Theft
-Kidnapping
-Reckless endangerment
-Selling drugs
-Littering

What else?

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T r a v i s posted:

-Rape
-Vandalism
-Fraud
-Illegal immigration
-Extortion
-Murder
-Theft
-Kidnapping
-Reckless endangerment
-Selling drugs
-Littering
Yup! Those are laws!

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
Aside from a 3.5 hour break around 10, the Dolphin guy has been posting nonstop every hour in this thread since 6:00 AM.

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx
Get him out. Get the remnants out.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Donald Trump posted:

Get him out. Get the remnants out.

Was he wearing one of those avatars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU