Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

what's considered the better series overall? criminal or fatale? only really got the cash for one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Fade Out is excellent. Classic 50s Old Hollywood noir. If you liked the movie LA Confidential or the game LA Noire, it's up your alley.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

LordPants posted:

I loved Fatale, how is The Fade Out?

Extremely drat good

FutureFriend posted:

what's considered the better series overall? criminal or fatale? only really got the cash for one

I would say Criminal.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I just now got an email from Marvel saying they reset my password because of stricter password requirements. I don't tend to click on links in emails like this (I'll wait until I get off work and go to Marvel.com directly...). Anyway, did anyone else get this or is this some sort of scam to get all my comic books?

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

Uthor posted:

I just now got an email from Marvel saying they reset my password because of stricter password requirements. I don't tend to click on links in emails like this (I'll wait until I get off work and go to Marvel.com directly...). Anyway, did anyone else get this or is this some sort of scam to get all my comic books?

I also just got this and haven't used my Marvel account in over a year. Which reminded me... I've been away from Marvel Unlimited for about a year now, does it still run like poo poo? It was borderline unusable for me no matter what device I was using.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Medium Cool posted:

I also just got this and haven't used my Marvel account in over a year. Which reminded me... I've been away from Marvel Unlimited for about a year now, does it still run like poo poo? It was borderline unusable for me no matter what device I was using.

I use my marvel account all the time due to redeeming codes, and got the email.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

I use my marvel account all the time due to redeeming codes, and got the email.

Same.

Okay, cool, not worried about it, then. I'm happy when companies up their security.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's legit. If you open the Unlimited app it's right in there, too

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Unity and Armor War comics are awesome. Valiant is currently awesome and worth getting into.

Marvel - sick X-force series
Image - Ed Bru stuff
Valiant - Unity and Armor War
DC comics 25% off one comic

DC really needs to get on their sale game.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I had to change my password when I went to redeem codes on the website.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I didn't get the email, because apparently either I never updated my email address with them or it didn't save, and I now no longer have access to the email they do have... It's not like they could've made the push notification go through before they made the change or anything, or could've let you log in the first time after the update but forced a password change screen before letting you fully in.

So now I have to email Marvel and hope they believe I'm me.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

So now I have to email Marvel and hope they believe I'm me.

Good luck!

My Marvel.com password is now about 3 times longer than the longest password allowed by my health insurance company's website. And they didn't allow "symbols". So, you can get all my health information, but not my comic books!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I just added a ! to my current password :thumbsup:

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Opopanax posted:

Missed opportunity to change your password to oldpasswordNOW! IMO. Or
AllNewoldpasswordNOW
New52Password
UncannyPassword

Lots of choices here.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
PasswordReborn.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

UltimatePassword:Password!

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Opopanax posted:

did something similar to this but it wouldn't let me log in even though it was successfully changed, had to change it a second time to get it to work. According to the subreddit this is super common.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

AllNewAllDifferentPasswordNOW!.1

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Grumble. Of course I had to email them on a Friday, so no reply probably until Tues... The only upside is I used my current email to correspond with them regarding a payment issue a while back, so hopefully that'll help verify me.

Also, have they announced the security breach that obviously happened to cause this?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Neal-Adams-Sale/page/9746?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Green Lantern #76-89 (Green Lantern & Green Arrow)
Assorted Batman, Detective Comics, Brave and the Bold and Teen Titans (note: some of these are just Adams covers and some have terrible modern recoloring)
Batman Odyssey

https://www.comixology.com/Lumberjanes-Sale/page/9770?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Ugh, I picked up this series in a Humble Bundle a few months ago because it hadn't been on sale on comiXology. Now it is! So, I have issues 1-3 on comiXology (from an old sale), collections 1 and 2 and issues 9-20 as PDFs, and I'm going to buy issues 21-22 and Special 1 on comiXology.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I picked up volume 1 on a sale a long time ago. Also bought the Humble Bundle but had to pick up volume 2 here again. Worth it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Boom-Recent-Hits-Sale/page/9870?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw&list10249_pg=1
Giant Days, The Spire, Strange Fruit, The Fiction, Power Up, Deep State, Cluster

https://www.comixology.com/Jim-Zub-Sale/page/9869?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Skull Kickers and Wayward

https://www.comixology.com/Rachel-Rising-Sale/page/9867?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw&list10200_pg=2

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I've been hearing good things about Giant Days, so I'm getting that. Also, Klaus is so much better than it has any right to be.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Double post!

Seems like Action Comics and Black Comics Month is giving away a few free first issues. Enter "BCM-ActionLab" at checkout and they get added to your cart (looks like you can remove items individually at that point if you don't want everything). Seem comiXology's tumblr for details.
http://comixology.tumblr.com/post/139990633593/superheroesincolor-free-comics-thanks

Going to grab Princeless as I wanna see if it's a good book to get my nieces as they get older.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I can give a huge recommendation to Giant Days. One of my favorite books going now. $3 for Vol 1 is a steal.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Dunbar posted:

I can give a huge recommendation to Giant Days. One of my favorite books going now. $3 for Vol 1 is a steal.

I've read eight of the nine issues so far and this is absolutely delightful. The art in the first arc is drop dead gorgeous (the second artist is good, but not at the same level). It's reminding me a lot of Octopus Pie, but with a quicker pacing that works better outside of webcomics.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Deep State is pretty good in an X-Files ish way, but significantly gorier. Relating it to that show, volume 1 is like a really good Monster Of The Week story, while Volume 2 is a Myth Arc story that honestly gets a bit convoluted to the point I am not sure if they are planning more, they manage to both wrap things up and leave them up in the air at the same time.

Is there anything good in the Dynamite horror and Sci-fi sale; I already have Monster War, some Twilight Zone and Uncanny which I must have picked up in a Halloween bundle at some point.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
99 cent sale for Daredevil: https://www.comixology.com/Marvel-D..._Daredevil_Sale

No idea if there's any good stuff in there but it exists.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Anime_Otaku posted:

Is there anything good in the Dynamite horror and Sci-fi sale; I already have Monster War, some Twilight Zone and Uncanny which I must have picked up in a Halloween bundle at some point.

I can't see how Aliens Vampirella could be anything except amazing!

I've heard good things about Seduction of the Innocent, but haven't personally read it.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
AND a Brian Bendis sale if that's a guy you like: https://www.comixology.com/Bendis-Collections-Sale/page/9884?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Whole bunch of Pathfinder comics on HumbleBundle - how does it compare to the D&D/Fell's Five stuff?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Archer and Armstrong is on sale. If you like Hercules get the series from 2012 and everything else that spins off that title. Just do not get Dead Drop.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Dead Drop isn't bad for $4. Anticlimactic yes, but still pretty fun IMO.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

N52 Harley Quinn #0-13
N52 Batgirl #0-40 (Burnside run starts at #35)
N52 Catwoman #0-40 (the good run starts at #35 as well)
Wonder Woman '87 (George Perez) #1-25
Vixen: Return of the Lion

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Teenage Fansub posted:

N52 Harley Quinn #0-13
N52 Batgirl #0-40 (Burnside run starts at #35)
N52 Catwoman #0-40 (the good run starts at #35 as well)
Wonder Woman '87 (George Perez) #1-25
Vixen: Return of the Lion

Is that the Batgirl where she can't be gay and marry a girl?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

LordPants posted:

I think you're thinking of N52 Batwoman?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

LordPants posted:

Batwoman is the one who can't be married. Batgirl is Barbra

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I think you're thinking of N52 Batwoman?

Cool. I get my Fembats confused, thanks for the clarification. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Is Batwoman no longer gay??? I dropped the book when they kicked JH Williams III and crew off the book and stopped reading DC until Prez and Batgirl of Burnside.