Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Cage posted:

I think you're reaching here. Sounds like they were helping their neighbors maybe, and that seems like the best time to capture lighting.

They've been in India for the last two months. This is her first picture since they came back: three dark pictures of a lit porch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I agree, it's a stretch. Not "7/10, no ring", but a bit of a stretch nonetheless.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Whats the "progress" then?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Cage posted:

Whats the "progress" then?

If it's India then I'm going to guess electricity.

I'll check my colonial privilege over here, thank you.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Trump v. Pope 2016 is really bringing IoSM out of the woodwork (public page)

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Ah, yes, I distinctintly remember when Pope Francis built the walls of the Vatican City.

uranium grass has a new favorite as of 16:51 on Feb 19, 2016

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Ah yes, Redd and his sayings. I love ol' Redd.

Also I don't know how to put it, but your dad's vacant eyes frighten me.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

china bot posted:

Trump v. Pope 2016 is really bringing IoSM out of the woodwork (public page)

Fear mongering hippocrates :laugh:

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

Fathis Munk posted:

Fear mongering hippocrates :laugh:

"Do no harm?" Who the gently caress do you think you are? I can do whatever I want, you don't scare me!

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.
Cross-posting from the funny pictures thread; the IoSM will probably vary depending on personal politics.

Say Nothing posted:

And then...

Edit: this is a reference to this video, by the way, which is part of a series where 4chan and Reddit paid a guy on Fiver to make videos for them.

https://youtu.be/WPMDCJrRpT8

TheRecogScene has a new favorite as of 19:54 on Feb 19, 2016

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The first one is IoSM for being a cringey reddit joke and the second one is IoSM for involving brianna wu in any way

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Do people even remember who donald trump is? he literally became famous for being the exact opposite of those things

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Aesop Poprock posted:

Do people even remember who donald trump is? he literally became famous for being the exact opposite of those things

I've noticed a lot of people seem to just keep words like "integrity" and "honor" in a mental box labeled "good," and don't think too hard about whether the actual definitions line up with reality.

(Much the same with words like "liberal" or "toxin," just those go in the "bad" box.)

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Aesop Poprock posted:

He's telling me what I want to hear. That makes him good which means he has all good traits and no bad traits.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Aesop Poprock posted:

He's telling me what I want to hear. That makes him good which means he has all good traits and no bad traits.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
https://twitter.com/MacRumors/status/700793364694769668

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Man what is it with KIDS these days, having things that are way cooler than what i had growing up.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Man what is it with KIDS these days, having things that are way cooler than what i had growing up.

The price of your kid's fleeting happiness just keep going up every decade! Back in my day they would be happy to just get two licks of my belt at night.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

mng posted:

The price of your kid's fleeting happiness just keep going up every decade! Back in my day they would be happy to just get two licks of my belt at night.

Belt? Belt? We wish we were so fortunate to have a belt. Back in my day it was a switch. What we would have given for a few licks of a belt.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Because no kid before 2003 wanted a pair if Nike shoes since they thought bargain bin Converses were going to get them ridiculed. Nope. Entirely a new phenomenon.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
Literally every kid in the 90's wanted Nikes, especially those ones with that pump thing on the tongue.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Skaw posted:

Because no kid before 2003 wanted a pair if Nike shoes since they thought bargain bin Converses were going to get them ridiculed. Nope. Entirely a new phenomenon.

And apparently didn't want any consoles other than a Gameboy color.

Also :lol: at the 8 year old with gauges.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Literally every kid in the 90's wanted Nikes, especially those ones with that pump thing on the tongue.

That was Reebok Pumps, I was cool for a week after a holiday to the states and coming back with a pair of them.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

loving modern elementary school kids with their grunge flannel, 00 gauges and 1994 beanies

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

hyperhazard posted:

And apparently didn't want any consoles other than a Gameboy color.

Also :lol: at the 8 year old with gauges.

Well how else would we know he's a bad kid if he didn't have earrings and a beanie?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

piece of poo poo stretched ears rich white kids ruining childhoods worldwide

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

As if a hyper as gently caress 8 year old will have that patience to properly gauge their ears.

Birb Katter posted:

That was Reebok Pumps, I was cool for a week after a holiday to the states and coming back with a pair of them.

Dude, I so wanted those. The commercials on TV promised me Jordan level skills if I just started my sneakers, as I would an old lawn mower.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I had shoes that lit up in 1993 so I was cool.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This is probably old but

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

if I was a kid and got a gameboy with no games I'd be pissssssed

yeah sure just let me plug this football in, you dumb assholes. gently caress you dad

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

You don't need to have friends to play with a gameboy :smith:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Has a kid ever actually asked for a generic football or basketball in the past 40 or so years? That's always seemed like more of a parent idea. Kids would ask for a naturally spiraling nerf football with a tail or a Michael Jordan basketball with light up stitching or something else they saw in a commercial even back in the 80s or 90s

Even with bikes kids were super brand conscious when I was a kid

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I thought "I love you, Mom and Dad" stopped being a thing kids said sometime around the 60s. We've all been ungrateful shits since then.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Aesop Poprock posted:

Has a kid ever actually asked for a generic football or basketball in the past 40 or so years? That's always seemed like more of a parent idea. Kids would ask for a naturally spiraling nerf football with a tail or a Michael Jordan basketball with light up stitching or something else they saw in a commercial even back in the 80s or 90s

Even with bikes kids were super brand conscious when I was a kid

I can't honestly call to mind anyone among me and my peers who would have wanted sports balls and didn't already have them. There were always a couple of us with whatever was needed, and most of us were nerds far more in want of Pokemon than any sports stuff. Like, of course you and your mates will be able to source a football/basketball/whatever for a kickabout.

Birb Katter posted:

Belt? Belt? We wish we were so fortunate to have a belt. Back in my day it was a switch. What we would have given for a few licks of a belt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Puppy Time posted:

I thought "I love you, Mom and Dad" stopped being a thing kids said sometime around the 60s. We've all been ungrateful shits since then.

I imagine a world where we smile when we have low batteries. Because that will mean that we’ll be one bar closer to humanity.

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014
It might just be my privilege showing, but basketballs and footballs were always more of a standard thing your parents bought you so you'd get some exercise, not a Christmas present.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Desk Lamp posted:

It might just be my privilege showing, but basketballs and footballs were always more of a standard thing your parents bought you so you'd get some exercise, not a Christmas present.

Bought you! If I wanted a football I had to go out and get them thrown at me by the rich kids!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Desk Lamp posted:

Your parents bought you basketballs? We just had one that was found in a shed, it was perpetually half deflated. I'm pretty sure it was as old as our house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!
I like how the loving 1990s are vanishing into Leave It To Beaver territory.