Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

ps you havent lived until youve tripped over a half buried spool of c-wire while running down a grassy hill during pt

This is true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Had a dude who always had to take a poo poo during PT if we were running. 10 minutes in like loving clock work, he'd run off, we'd chill out and he'd come back down a sock and ready to go.

We then decide to take a different route one day and off he goes, then you just hear screaming and yelling, and we think he's got his taint bitten by a spider or some fuckin' thing.

Nope, tore his sack and his cheeks on c wire.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

not caring here posted:

Nope, tore his sack and his cheeks on c wire.

:catstare:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
The most apt metaphor for military life.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Aranan posted:

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
One time I sent up a slide titled MedPros Hitlist but the guy in charge of merging all the slides together for staff call named it MEDPROSHITLIST, apparently the BC thought it was hilarious and the CSM was furious.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Finding out you have staff duty saturday morning 9pm friday night.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Ace of Baes posted:

Finding out you have staff duty saturday morning 9pm friday night.

Aranan posted:

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
gently caress the army

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I like how the army can place complete confidence in my ability to teach a class on Utilizing Progressive Levels of Individual Force when Confronting Civilians, when I have zero experience in the loving matter, nor does anyone else.

Low Energy
Feb 19, 2016

by Shine

Wasabi the J posted:

I like how the army can place complete confidence in my ability to teach a class on Utilizing Progressive Levels of Individual Force when Confronting Civilians, when I have zero experience in the loving matter, nor does anyone else.

Zimmerman?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Low Energy posted:

Zimmerman?

Holy gently caress gonna get hosed up for this one

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Low Energy posted:

Zimmerman?

Bales.

Low Energy
Feb 19, 2016

by Shine
Sorry, I remember from a past lurking session some meme of him and that LA idiot in heaven being used around here. If it wore out its welcome, welp.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Low Energy posted:

Sorry, I remember from a past lurking session some meme of him and that LA idiot in heaven being used around here. If it wore out its welcome, welp.

Nah don't sweat flim flamming the zimm zamm.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Everyone in the thread is currently chewing blood pressure meds like candy thanks to Thong inducing Traumatic Post Stress Disorder

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

i cant remember all the steps or where on the continuum it is but im pretty confident the most fun one for everyone involved is military working dog :buddy:

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i cant remember all the steps or where on the continuum it is but im pretty confident the most fun one for everyone involved is military working dog :buddy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_30VjNREhAM

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
well, I remembered the only good thing about Army Times. The letters to the editor section. Reading the online version and their comments now :getin:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
regarding a picture of two young soldiers who got married

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
oh gently caress this, now they want me to pay to look at it.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
lol @ paying for news

lol x100000000 @ paying for army times

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Mike-o posted:

lol @ paying for news

Yeah, SpaceToaster if you pay for army times then maybe you are that guy. I think it might be one of the requirements.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
works at united states post office

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mike-o posted:

lol @ paying for news

and this is why we have native advertising

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I tried not to be biased against West Pointers once I got my commission but it's become pretty hard not too, especially the West Point captains. Of all the captains I could be working for, it had to be the West Pointer. He's basically a walking West Point stereotype. This detail would be so much better if I could be working for the chill OCS captain instead.

"Sir, can we leave since the next mission doesn't start for 5 hours?"

"No, leave 2 guys here in case something happens. " Nothing happened. Nothing ever happens. We're always there an hour before SP and missions never start more than like 30 mins before the scheduled SP. And if they do they could just text us something like "SP moved up by an hour."

If I was the OIC in charge of this detail I would have just left anyway since he probably wouldn't have noticed that we weren't there but the guy that is the OIC is a straight arrow kind of guy.

The next 4 days are going to suck because we have to be there all day on Sunday and Tuesday when they're just mission planning and poo poo for execution on Monday and Wednesday, but we have to record their radio chatter as they establish BP's and poo poo.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
it beeeegggggiiiiinnnnnssss :unsmigghh::unsmigghh:

Low Energy
Feb 19, 2016

by Shine
There are three types of West Pointers.

A. Straight arrow dickheads.

B. Good officers who do everything right without being dickheads.

C. Goof off drunks who were broken by their experience and are often drunk and lolnothingmatters until they can get out as soon as their obligation is up.

A's are the most common, C's are pretty common, B's are rare but out there.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I lucked out and had a B for my first CO. Mattered a LOT especially since we lost so many guys during our deployment. Then he got sent up to battalion staff and got his oak leaf 3/4 of the way through our deployment and we got stuck with an uncaring shithead fuckstain who had no comprehension of what we'd been through, he actively poo poo on our whole company after we had lost fourteen loving people. I hope he loving rots in hell. Not to mention our BC's son died back home in a freak accident and he was just hosed up from losing so many people and then top it off with his teenage son. Then the guy that replaced him was an incompetent moron.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Yeah, SpaceToaster if you pay for army times then maybe you are that guy. I think it might be one of the requirements.

I just lol at whatever BS is on the cover while standing in line at the PX.

I would never pay money for it.

I just pay money to post on dumb comedy forums.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Mike-o posted:

I lucked out and had a B for my first CO. Mattered a LOT especially since we lost so many guys during our deployment. Then he got sent up to battalion staff and got his oak leaf 3/4 of the way through our deployment and we got stuck with an uncaring shithead fuckstain who had no comprehension of what we'd been through, he actively poo poo on our whole company after we had lost fourteen loving people. I hope he loving rots in hell. Not to mention our BC's son died back home in a freak accident and he was just hosed up from losing so many people and then top it off with his teenage son. Then the guy that replaced him was an incompetent moron.

I never understood why it was so easy for so many fuckheads to leave their humility at the door in the Army and make things a big gay as gently caress circus out of everything, but empathy isn't an army value hooah?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Right as I was on my home stretch for ETS'ing from the army we had a new company commander come in, he was some captain who went to West Point back in like, the early 90's and decided it was time to come back in after like.... 12 years of being out of the mil game. This is early 2011 and we're talking guard.

His first speech is about the unit going to the Horn of Africa, how we must train to bring the fight to the enemy, and how it will be with a heavy heart that we may not all make it back on the plane ride home. He also mentioned in his time off he had multiple jobs because he would be given a task, complete said task and there was simply "no work left for him to do" causing him to bounce around employers. This, and that the army is his true calling for one who is capable of keeping "his work plate full".

I heard that 3 months into the deployment he was relieved of command.

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Feb 21, 2016

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
Benedict Arnold was trying to do us a loving favor.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Justin Tyme posted:

I never understood why it was so easy for so many fuckheads to leave their humility at the door in the Army and make things a big gay as gently caress circus out of everything, but empathy isn't an army value hooah?

Everyone is scared of pissing off the man children running the show, until they become institutionalized man babies themselves

Miloshe
Oct 25, 2009

The little chicken girl wants me to ease up!
He can't handle!
He cries like woman!

Mike-o posted:

Concertina is a loving bitch to get out of tracks. It's still a bitch to get out of axles, too. One of my guys drove over some and we all had to get under and snip and pull with metal shears and work gloves.

Our kandak had a propensity for removing and saving there NVG batteries. Needless to say several raids were aborted and more concertina ordered. "No work!" as they pointed at their domes. No loving poo poo. Or maybe it's working too well. **drowns self in whiskey**

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
First batch of guys from my class started Ranger School this week. 8 of the 11 were dropped from the course for failing push ups within hours of starting it. Every single one of them had recently passed an RPFT.

Of course one of the guys that passed the RPFT at Ranger School this week is a wimpy shitbag.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Mustang posted:

First batch of guys from my class started Ranger School this week. 8 of the 11 were dropped from the course for failing push ups within hours of starting it. Every single one of them had recently passed an RPFT.

Of course one of the guys that passed the RPFT at Ranger School this week is a wimpy shitbag.

Ranger school is important and cool and good, obviously. Don't question it.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
is the RPFT an APFT but graded like an rear end in a top hat, because thats pretty dumb that its called RPFT unless its like different events or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'm guessing its like "RANGER ROLL" and all the other dumb Ranger Prefixes

• Locked thread