Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
OK, can someone tell me why this episode's lack of accuracy vis-à-vis civil court procedures is such a big deal?

I mean, one of the lawyers is an illiterate lunatic who tells anyone who will listen (and anyone who won't) that he's an expert in bird law, which is a thing that I'm pretty sure isn't actually a thing. The other lawyer on that side was wearing fake hands. Obviously fake hands. If you introduce even an ounce of realism into the setting, then the episode ends about three minutes in when the judge throws them all out for making a mockery of the court on account of the bird law and fake hands.

Then the gang have to do something else for 17 minutes.

I wasn't expecting a realistic court or judge, because... well, nobody would put up with these people acting this way. Honestly, I'm more bothered that The Lawyer stayed in court after the bird attack, with naught but some gauze taped over his probably missing eye. Really, that guy would go to the hospital. And by "more bothered," I'm exaggerating to make a point. It doesn't really bother me at all, because leaving him in there with the gauze over his eye makes the final gag a little easier to pull off.

tarlibone fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Everything that happened in this episode made sense in the Sunny universe. Jack wearing the big hands was the culmination of all his small hands stuff. We see that the gang has finally started to break the lawyer. More crazy McPoyle stuff. Pondy was right on the money. Then yet another instance where Charlie is the most competent and incompetent person in the room.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Anyone know which episode the workaholics crew will be in? Assuming that tweet of them at paddy's pub means that.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
This season is already a 100 times better than last season which was sorta meh. It's pure fan service but drat is it well played.

Had to stop and catch my breath after this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Ew6K0W3RY

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

speshl guy posted:

It's a little disappointing, it seemed like the lawyer was the only character that was immune to, and able to hold his own against, the black hole that is the gang. Seems he's just as broken as everyone else now, and down an eye too.

I think they can reinvent him like they did Uncle Jack, who's gone from a pedophile to desperately insecure about his hands for some reason, but I would still say this was the episode's one flaw. It was mitigated by him only losing one eye, though, and he stayed strong basically until then. Plus the Lawyer's still got those strong hands :allears:

Jerusalem posted:

I loved that Charlie actually did produce a compelling argument backed up by evidence and then just blows it by assuming the ornithologist can talk to birds.

They had the cake and ate it. I loved that Charlie went all the way to retain this guy, then immediately shat on him when he couldn't talk to birds.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The lawyer is becoming Frank Grimes, and it's pretty glorious. I like how everyone around the gang becomes poisoned, but in their own different ways.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

EL BROMANCE posted:

The lawyer is becoming Frank Grimes, and it's pretty glorious. I like how everyone around the gang becomes poisoned, but in their own different ways.

God drat I hope the lawyer kills himself trying to mock Charlie.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The lawyer will be framed for murder and the only way to exonerate himself is with the help of a bird law expert

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The lawyer will be framed for murder and the only way to exonerate himself is with the help of a bird law expert

The lawyer would look pretty hard with an eyepatch and a crow perched on his shoulder.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

tarlibone posted:

OK, can someone tell me why this episode's lack of accuracy vis-à-vis civil court procedures is such a big deal?

Because lawyers make a career out of going, "well, ACTUALLY..."

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
They're definitely ramping up the insanity and have let go of any pretenses of normalcy. I mean the first seasons was about lovely people occasionally getting into absurd situations. Now it's lovely people living in an absurd reality. It's not a bad thing - the show has to evolve. I always figured they would go all-out on the insanity in the last season but I guess they are building up to it.

Anyway, good ep.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Sunny has always been as absurd as the jokes and setup required, it's not the most tonally\stylistically consistent show out there.

There first season is slightly more grounded in reality but as soon as DeVitto shows fantastically insane poo poo starts happening

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

That was pretty much the It's Always Sunny all stars episode. Bring in a whole bunch of their awesome returning characters to make a crazy story out of. Also, I really liked the Uncle Jack has fake big hands part. I hope they show how many times they did the hand throw take on the blooper reel, because really, how could they not laugh at that every time?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Spoeank posted:

Because lawyers make a career out of going, "well, ACTUALLY..."

I thought the entire idea was that The Lawyer lets his hatred of the gang cloud his ability to actually, ya know, practice law. Which is why he failed to win an easy case, the judge was just as tired of his ridiculous, unprofessional bullshit as he was of anyone else there.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

tarlibone posted:

I wasn't expecting a realistic court or judge, because... well, nobody would put up with these people acting this way. Honestly, I'm more bothered that The Lawyer stayed in court after the bird attack, with naught but some gauze taped over his probably missing eye. Really, that guy would go to the hospital. And by "more bothered," I'm exaggerating to make a point. It doesn't really bother me at all, because leaving him in there with the gauze over his eye makes the final gag a little easier to pull off.

I'm not sure he would have. I mean, a normal lawyer, sure. But The Lawyer is no longer normal. He has been tainted by The Gang. They're like a giant baby made out of tar, and The Lawyer is Br'er rabbit desperately fighting against being trapped. But like Cricket, his life will soon be totally enveloped by them.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
I was rewatching Mac and Charlie Die today and I just realized that the pawn shop owner is the same guy asking for the password at the orgy. How the gently caress did I miss that?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Ooooooooooorgyyyyyyy

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Cojawfee posted:

Ooooooooooorgyyyyyyy

It's like a bad acid trip in here!

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
The episode where The Lawyer snaps and tries to kill the gang will be one of their best.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Hughmoris posted:

It's like a bad acid trip in here!

At least they had a buffet

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
I'm surprised they didn't have Maureen chase after the bird.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Irradiation posted:

she was busy with the laser pointer, and she's not really a cat, she's a woman who claims to be a cat

in terms of continuity, i wonder if she's a cat-woman with rockin but botched tits

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Her fake boobs were moved to her face.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

Rip

JordanStiva
Jan 14, 2015
Whether or not the show is leaning hard into it's fan service, it still remains obscenely funny so I'm happy. A bit that hasn't been mentioned that cracked me up was Mac and Dennis giving the judge a thumbs up after banging his gavel.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Irradiation posted:

That was exactly what I was wondering when the episode ended. It seemed like the perfect setup.

That and why the hell weren't the actual McPoyles there?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

And also, how did Margaret know what Lawer was saying? She was mute and deaf before.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

JordanStiva posted:

Whether or not the show is leaning hard into it's fan service, it still remains obscenely funny so I'm happy. A bit that hasn't been mentioned that cracked me up was Mac and Dennis giving the judge a thumbs up after banging his gavel.

I had totally forgotten about that because of sheer amount of crazy poo poo that went down afterward. If I remember right they both get huge grins on their faces too.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

drunken officeparty posted:

And also, how did Margaret know what Lawer was saying? She was mute and deaf before.

I lean towards her never being deaf in the first place, we learn that she's smart and literate and on top of all of that somewhat manipulative, I wouldn't be surprised if she was just feigning being deaf to not do what her brothers want her to.

YOU WILL CALL HER.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Cojawfee posted:

Speaking of, I didn't remember Dee being so busty. It may have been the shirt but when she was up on the stand especially I remember thinking there was going to be some physical gag involving her tits because I didn't think that was all her under there.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is there a reason the actual McPoyles weren't in this

e: meaning like the actors, not the pink eye thing

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Feb 21, 2016

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I just noticed Maureen's hair is striped too. Makeup department doing a killer job.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Nate Mooney was in it. Jimmi Simpson appears to be in two other TV shows so maybe there was a schedule conflict.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

No he wasn't.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

It was his brother, Late Mooney.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

PittTheElder posted:

No he wasn't.

Oh wow, they really made Sean Whalen look like a disguised Nate Mooney.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Yeah I was kinda disappointed with that. Otherwise great episode.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
If they had to fit the McPoyle brothers into it, the episode would've been 45 minutes long

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Uncle Jack screaming when his hand flew off killed me. I hope there's 20 takes of everyone cracking up at that on the blooper reel. The lawyer was one character who I thought would always beat the gang but they drug him down just like everyone else. Love it.

boom boom boom posted:

If they had to fit the McPoyle brothers into it, the episode would've been 45 minutes long

I'd be ok with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
He made the appearance that he was beating them, I guess they were wearing him down on the inside. And now they've finally wore him down on the outside.