Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Drythe posted:

lol get hosed the rest of you

I was going to suggest WheresTheBanwaveRuss Kerensky. But I guess someone already tried something similar.

:synpa:

gently caress I'm bored, I'm stuck working a 16 hour day again. Haven't had my robutt fix in 2 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
I'm bad with money and have 7100 MC, what should I get? Was looking at Thunderbolt, Jagermech, Cicada, or Raven bundle.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

That Gobbo posted:

I'm bad with money and have 7100 MC, what should I get? Was looking at Thunderbolt, Jagermech, Cicada, or Raven bundle.

Wait for a sale before you buy anything. The hero mechs go on sale for 50% off from time to time. MC should only ever be spent on mechs with a 30% cbill bonus, or colors/patterns and possibly mechbays when they go on 50% sale too.

Don't buy pattern unlocks, just buy 1 shot patterns as you literally have to change the pattern 10 times to justify the cost of the unlock vs buying a 1 shot.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Ohno, I realized the biggest shortcoming with Flamers. People keep killing themselves instead of letting me shoot them in the face. :(

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Drythe posted:

Someone give me names to suggest

Ban Wave Hoax. (kerensky)
Your Mom, Kerensky

Edit
Mech-Pope PrayTheCheatsAway Russ Kerensky. I'm not sure how large the character limit is, but it should be as big as the spacechamp one if you drop 'mech' and 'the' from the name.

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Feb 20, 2016

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
:siren: No one set a contract for GIRL until told otherwise. :siren:

Seriously, if someone does I may get a hernia or sneeze in a salad bar.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Anita Dickinme posted:

Seriously, if someone does I may get a hernia or sneeze in a salad bar.

Navy life = Hard life

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Raged posted:

Helios Skeet Skeet Kerensky did not die in vain.

How much do you guys want to bet that everyone with Helios in their name will get banned from the game for cheating.

Very low, as it's either coincidental or trying to highlight the cheating problem and call them out.

It'll probably get you monitored ingame though.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Question:

Has anyone ever played again 228 and not thought they were aimbotting?

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

DancingShade posted:

Question:

An extension to this question, has anyone ever spectated players in these groups and seen them using the expensive zoom mods?

Edit: I can't type.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

This timer for leaving a match is stupid. I alt-F4ed out of Polar because I play video games to have fun, joined another match after a short wait, played the entire match and then tried to join another game and now I have a 2 min timer. What?

Also it's not exactly going to loving help with the ridiculous queue times.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Wafflecopper posted:

This timer for leaving a match is stupid. I alt-F4ed out of Polar because I play video games to have fun, joined another match after a short wait, played the entire match and then tried to join another game and now I have a 2 min timer. What?

Also it's not exactly going to loving help with the ridiculous queue times.

Yep, PGI are retarded and make bad decisions. Playing a brawling mech on polar better something something movement something fart.

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

DancingShade posted:

Question:

Yes, 228 is a really big unit and definitely has had aimbotters in it, and likely still does, but there are a lot of people of varying skill levels. The separation between the CW group and the exclusionary comp players is fairly big. Just this week my unit beat them twice, one match ending 48-26, in a row in matches between full groups.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
So im walking my stalker up the ramp in mining collective, 2 mediums and a heavy behind me.
A lone timberwolf rounds the corver.

I am alone.
The 3 mechs i was with jumped into cover sideways, shivering while making GBS threads their robot pants until collapse.

I swear ive never seen greater loving pussies than in this game about giant killer robots.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Please don't judge me, I just got this painted... I'm only 2 payments away from actually owning this mech! I have my kid in the backseat!

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Finally elite'd my second rifleman, the 5D. Started using this build, seems really nice as far as riflemen goes: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=389&l=47098182e5f097cd4b727e38d7591b3e24473b20

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Whats the fastest way to de-rank back into T4, or better yet, 5?
People in T3 are so mindbreakingly retarded, i cant take this anymore.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Whats the fastest way to de-rank back into T4, or better yet, 5?
People in T3 are so mindbreakingly retarded, i cant take this anymore.

Get down with the sickness.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

How is T3 more retarded than 4 or 5? Aren't they all mixed anyway?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Wafflecopper posted:

If you're in t5 you will only ever face people from t5 to t3, so the absolute best player is just OK

T3 means you face all tiers, so you can swing from matches where you're the best to ones where you face team Helios. The swing in quality is jarring

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wafflecopper posted:

He's probably talking about solo queue only. I'm working my way up to Tier 1 it seems, and it sucks. But, so does this game. :D

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

That still doesn't explain why T3 would be dumber than T5. On average it should be smarter.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Wafflecopper posted:

That still doesn't explain why T3 would be dumber than T5. On average it should be smarter.

PSR is more of a play time measure than a skill measure. It also goes up way faster solo than in a group. Hence whales and dads populating tier 3

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
Can I get an invite to GIRL? Pilot name Oesor.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!
OK, so I've been away from this clusterfuck for some months. I stopped shortly before the Arctic Ridiculousness dropped. What's new, goons? OP says brawling is back in style...can it be true?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Just bug someone in GIRL in game. Everyone has invite rights.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

ninjaiguana posted:

OK, so I've been away from this clusterfuck for some months. I stopped shortly before the Arctic Ridiculousness dropped. What's new, goons? OP says brawling is back in style...can it be true?

Brawling is good and fun, getting your team to join you however to brawl is impossible. Goons included.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

ninjaiguana posted:

SRMs are some hot poo poo, and gauss/ppc aren't so great. Instead you'll see pulse/SRMs or LRMBoats.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

ninjaiguana posted:

It's back in group queue meta. Solo and faction play doesn't work so well cause you have to build a comp (can't do that in solo) and well, faction play sucks balls.

But yeah if you get a 4 man bruiser lance you can really tear poo poo up.

One that really works for us is an AS7-S, TBR-C (4 SRM6, 5 SPL), Cheetah for ECM, and another assault mech.

Cheetah scouts out a weak side and delivers the brawlers via ECM at about the time the rest of your team is getting their poo poo pushed in. Pretty much 100 percent success doing that type of brawl flank cause the enemy just shits their pants.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!

Stringbean posted:

SRMs are some hot poo poo, and gauss/ppc aren't so great. Instead you'll see pulse/SRMs or LRMBoats.

I'm liking this as my main mechs are built around pules and regular lasers plus SRMs and I've never gotten the hang of gauss/ppc. :D

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Wafflecopper posted:

In T3 people tend to hide more than they seek.
I see assaults with lrms all over the place, behind corners and buildings, ponderously lumbering forward to snap off a single gauss shot and roll back into cover, its atrocious.
Scouts dont scout, assaults dont assault, everyone hides behind each otehr in one giant mechball full of cowardism.

In T5 people at least went leeroy all day.

Pi In The Sky
Dec 31, 2015
Whoever linked this Stormcrow build a while back (no, I don't remember who, and no I'm not paging back to find out :effort:) I want you to know that I love you.

Only two games in with it, and everything is just wonderful. :allears:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Tier 3 is basically living proof that the rank bar is a glorified experience bar. It's where all the people that have no business in anything but T4/T5 end up congregating just through sheer amount of playtime, and they end up being there for a while.

And yet I don't even really want to move up and out of it, because by all accounts T1/T2 is where fun goes to die.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Can you rank down

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

Can you rank down

I will kill myself ritually if you cant.

My brain cant take one more conga line through the tunnels with the spearhead stopping and grinding into full reverse at the sight of 2 mediums.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Your brain will not only take it but, in a moment of true tragedy, come to like it.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Pi In The Sky posted:

Whoever linked this Stormcrow build a while back (no, I don't remember who, and no I'm not paging back to find out :effort:) I want you to know that I love you.

Only two games in with it, and everything is just wonderful. :allears:

Holy poo poo, this is the best thing.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
If PGI were smart they'd sell "derank 1 full tier down from where you are now" in their store for 1000mc or whatever. They can't lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
LB10-X is bad, and the Legend-Killer isn't really great. But a Legend-Killer with two LB10-X and, and this is crucial, four flamers is a really good way to put the fear of god fire into anyone trying to be cute on an urban map.

• Locked thread