Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Pingiivi posted:

W-whoooops!

I never got into this band but I sure wish I'd bought a bunch of copies of all this stuff when they were piled up at record stores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time

Jehde posted:

I'm trying to avoid ordering vinyl online, but if they dip low enough I might just.

The albums are available directly from the label at like $12 a pop or $14 for 2xLPs and basically have never gone out of press
http://cstrecords.com/store/categories/GODSPEED-YOU%21-BLACK-EMPEROR/
edit:I was looking in CAD, in USD the prices are almost :10bux:

Elrobot fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 18, 2016

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Elrobot posted:

The albums are available directly from the label at like $12 a pop or $14 for 2xLPs and basically have never gone out of press
http://cstrecords.com/store/categories/GODSPEED-YOU%21-BLACK-EMPEROR/
edit:I was looking in CAD, in USD the prices are almost :10bux:

You're not making it any easier to avoid online vinyl buying. :(

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time
just thought I'd let ya know, I thew up a little in my mouth reading the posts about buying GY!BE records on amazon or flipping them. Constellation is good label you shouldn't feel bad about supporting through online patronage imo

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah I'll just buy them from there when I inevitably cave. $14 CAD for a new double LP is stupid good.

Edit: Actually looks like their latest pressings of f#a#infinty adds a '[1995-1997]' to the album name for some reason, which I'd rather not have honestly.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Feb 18, 2016

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Jehde posted:

Yeah I'll just buy them from there when I inevitably cave. $14 CAD for a new double LP is stupid good.

Edit: Actually looks like their latest pressings of f#a#infinty adds a '[1995-1997]' to the album name for some reason, which I'd rather not have honestly.

That would be because the CD version came out in '98 and is different than the vinyl version, but that is really odd looking. You can probably just find OG versions in stores; Constellation and Godspeed/related acts are always in all stores I visit but are much more expensive than on the label's store for some reason...

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Shifting geography a bit, I'd like to direct everyone's attention from Africa Canada to Eurasia, specifically 1970s Turkey.

Selda Bağcan - Selda
A folk singer that I half-jokingly refer to as Turkey's Rage Against the Machine. Her lyrics are often politically charged and sympathetic to the poor and working class, and she was jailed several times in the 1980s. This is probably her most well-known album, at least in the West. My copy is from British label Finders Keepers, I'm not sure if it ever came out in the States.

Rather than be a traditional folk album, Selda teamed up with several rock musicians and created a psychedelic masterpiece filled with beats that regularly get sampled in hip hop. A few selections:

Ince Ince Bir Kar Yagar
Mehmet Emmi
Yaz Gazeteci Yaz

Next up is one of my favorite album covers of all time:

Mustafa Özkent Ve Orkestrası - Gençlik Ile Elele
A 1973 LP of instrumental psych, featuring a band of two drummers, two percussionists, a bassist, a Hammond B3 organist, and Özkent on a modified guitar with extra frets to create quarter notes and emulate Turkish scales. It's fun as hell to listen to, with the songs all sounding like they belong in car chase scenes.

Original pressings are extremely hard to find, but it's been re-issued in Europe -- again by Finders Keepers -- and just a few weeks ago came out in the US for the first time courtesy Jackpot Records, sporting splattered vinyl. My copy arrived in the mail today :)

Üsküdar
Dolana 1973 music video. Spoiler: it's a car chase.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

John Carpenter's Lost Themes II pre-order is up:
http://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/collections/frontpage/products/sbr150-john-carpenter-lost-themes-ii

The deluxe version sold out in less than a day. I'm glad I grabbed it and cancelled my Newbury Comics version instead.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Boinks posted:

John Carpenter's Lost Themes II pre-order is up:
http://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/collections/frontpage/products/sbr150-john-carpenter-lost-themes-ii

The deluxe version sold out in less than a day. I'm glad I grabbed it and cancelled my Newbury Comics version instead.

Did the deluxe version have anything special about it besides the different color disc?

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
Code for Metric Fantasies

:ninja:

Cyber Punk 90210 fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Feb 19, 2016

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Rufus T. Turnbuckle posted:

Grabbed, appreciate it. Actually recall a few of these from my Pandora station years ago but lost it since I stopped streaming. Will be nice to add them to the lineup again.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

:ninja:

For anyone interested I just posted 4 download codes in the free mp3 thread a few minutes ago because I didn't know where to put them :downs:

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

CPL593H posted:

Did the deluxe version have anything special about it besides the different color disc?

It has a different, screen printed sleeve, a poster, and a wax seal.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Detective Thompson posted:

It has a different, screen printed sleeve, a poster, and a wax seal.

Yeah I was wondering if they did one of these. I wish I'd know about the preorder. Oh well.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
It was gone pretty quickly. I'm not sure exactly what time it went on sale, but when I tried to grab one around 2pm Eastern, they were out.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Maybe they'll have a few of the limited editions at the merch booth when John Carpenter does his tour, fingers crossed?

Also: Holy poo poo, I'm totally seeing John Carpenter do a live show.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That sounds awesome, have a blast! I went to a live scoring of Dawn of the Dead with Goblin last year and it was so much fun.

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
:siren:Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross Arrangement Album preorder up on Square Enix.

Game soundtracks are a thing we still care about, right?

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Cheesus posted:

They briefly had prices this morning. The CD set was £ 25.00 which I guess isn't horrible.
Pre-orders are up.

$71 (including shipping to the US) is quite a bit of bones.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

:siren:Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross Arrangement Album preorder up on Square Enix.

Holy poo poo i was just thinking about how great it would be if they made this. That price tho

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

CPL593H posted:

Yeah just a couple minor things.

It has it's own screen printed sleeve sealed in wax and hand numbered to 500.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

It better be at least 4 records at that price.

In related news, the MOTHER 2 ost begins shipping next week :)

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
My haul from today:

If you only get one of these get Nao Yoshioka, she is amazing and literally just started her career. Only a couple of codes though:

vvv It's my favorite of theirs so far, the production is on point. Moth to the Flame is getting a lot of play, but for my money Ch-Ching is the best track. vvv

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 20, 2016

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

Been meaning to check out the new Chairlift album, thanks :)

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I snagged Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots from that gohastings sale and when I opened it up the record itself was inside a generic white sleeve along with the empty printed one.

I've never seen this in any of the handful of new records I've got, is this something that happens or was there some weird mixup?

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

SeXReX posted:

I snagged Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots from that gohastings sale and when I opened it up the record itself was inside a generic white sleeve along with the empty printed one.

I've never seen this in any of the handful of new records I've got, is this something that happens or was there some weird mixup?

I've seen this with repressings sometimes. So, the sleeve had some artistic element to it and so they wanted to include it as part of the package, but they used a plain sleeve lined with something to store the disk to make it safer.

Another example of this would be the mono reissue of Sgt. Peppers, where the Fool's sleeve is included, but there's a second blank sleeve for the disc.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

The Soft Bulletin has that as well so I think WB/The Flaming Lips just do that.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The Yoshimi I bought elsewhere had the same extra sleeve.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

SeXReX posted:

Baroness did this with Purple too. Seems like it might protect the graphic sleeve during transit?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

SeXReX posted:

A lot of Warner/Rhino releases and reissues do this. It's basically to replicate the original release while also putting the disc in something nicer. Sometimes instead of the artwork being on a sleeve it's just printed on a sheet of paper.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

There, I think I'm set for electronic music. Or atleast until Warp starts reissuing some old Autechre. I ordered the two EBM records straight from Wax Trax and they threw in some stickers. :3: Makes it more tempting to order some GY!BE from Constellation if it means they throw in stickers of Efrim's conspiracy theories or something.

Also Backwards really owns.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 21, 2016

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Jilted is amazing, but you totally need Experience too.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Anyone in this thread work at a record store? I got a few questions about wholesale ordering and pricing.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

TooLShack posted:

Anyone in this thread work at a record store? I got a few questions about wholesale ordering and pricing.

I do. PM me.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Anybody else order anything from that DFA sale? I got the most recent Juan Maclean album, which has some cool music and a pair of tits inside of it as well. Oh and a download code for some unreleased stuff, which is cool.

Worth noting they're running a sale on their Bandcamp, 15% off any order until april fool's day with the code "threedognight".

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
by the time I saw the DFA sale they had sold through all the LCD Soundsystem stuff and even the Holy Ghost album I didn't have :(

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Anaranjado posted:

Anybody else order anything from that DFA sale? I got the most recent Juan Maclean album, which has some cool music and a pair of tits inside of it as well. Oh and a download code for some unreleased stuff, which is cool.

Worth noting they're running a sale on their Bandcamp, 15% off any order until april fool's day with the code "threedognight".

I picked up the white label pressing of LCD Soundsystem - London Sessions while it was still in stock; who wouldn't buy that for 40% off?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
One of my favorite bands, Hey Geronimo just put up pre-orders for their first LP. For those of you in Oz enjoy the tour!

http://www.heygeronimo.com/crashing-into-the-sun-album-bundles/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHA_dlvLrZw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSBf_N6rVRY

This song isn't on the album but is still super fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrsoluSjuKc

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I bought an LP online and it has a pretty noticeable warp but it doesn't jump or skip. Is there any reason I should gently caress around with mailing it back? I've heard that it can cause the grooves on the warped area to distort over time but I feel like that's more a concern if you play the album excessively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

CPL593H posted:

I bought an LP online and it has a pretty noticeable warp but it doesn't jump or skip. Is there any reason I should gently caress around with mailing it back? I've heard that it can cause the grooves on the warped area to distort over time but I feel like that's more a concern if you play the album excessively.

I'm confused. Does it sound like it is warped, it is it just a physical warp that you can't hear?

If you can't hear it, I wouldn't bother too much.