Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

uncurable mlady posted:

lol this is the person some of you unironically want to be president

Oh my goodness no! I want him to win the primary, and then lose ignominiously in the general!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
We have a thread specifically for today btw everyone.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3765064&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#pti14

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Necc0 posted:

Nope. You can never be 100% sure that the software on the machine is what it says it is. There's no way to reconcile votes needing to be anonymous with being unable to re-tally. Using a machine to print a physical ballot would be much better.

No, you can't be 100% sure. But you can't be 100% sure that GOP vote counters aren't engaged in a massive conspiracy to commit voter fraud either.

Many countries already allow citizens who are abroad to participate in elections through the internet, it's not really such a dramatic suggestion. There are already a number of completely legal ways in which democracy is being subverted, and while this adds the potential for another, the ability to dramatically increase voter participation makes it worth the risk many times over.

As long as voting isn't compulsory, is on workdays, and is generally a difficult time commitment for many, suggesting that online voting would be a net positive isn't crazy.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

uncurable mlady posted:

It's good trait for a president to be inquisitive. He's willing to be wrong if it turns out that maybe Obama wouldn't attend Scalia's funeral if it was in a Mosque.

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

AllanGordon posted:

It's good trait for a president to be inquisitive. He's willing to be wrong if it turns out that maybe Obama wouldn't attend Scalia's funeral if it was in a Mosque.

I wonder if AllanGordon is a moron.

Don't criticize me, I'm just being inquisitive. I'm willing to be wrong if it turns out that AllanGordon isn't a moron!

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Disillusionist posted:

Mao and Castro weren't rich.

Castro's family were wealthy. Not, like, Trump wealthy or Romney wealthy, but certainly top 1% in Cuba.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

as a muslim let me tell you, our funerals are the worst. if you want pomp and circumstance and all that, a muslim funeral is not it.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Naga Warlord posted:

I wonder if AllanGordon is a moron.

Don't criticize me, I'm just being inquisitive. I'm willing to be wrong if it turns out that AllanGordon isn't a moron!

I'd value that if you were running for office.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

sullat posted:

Castro's family were wealthy. Not, like, Trump wealthy or Romney wealthy, but certainly top 1% in Cuba.

Yeah I actually don't know poo poo about Castro, I just assumed. My bad.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

sullat posted:

George Washington was a self made man; he earned his fortune the honest way. By dumping his girlfriend and marrying the wealtheist widow in Virginia.

I see nothing wrong with a charismatic young man seducing and marrying an American to obtain a better life for himself.

Nice one, G-Dub.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Pon de Bundy posted:

as a muslim let me tell you, our funerals are the worst. if you want pomp and circumstance and all that, a muslim funeral is not it.

doesnt the preparation of the body for burial take longer then the funerals. isnt basically a prayer and some speeches. also maybe wailing if the person is really liked/loved.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Anyone can change your vote and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Progress! :thumbsup:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
e: wrong thread

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Pon de Bundy posted:

Yeah from what I hear they just dump them in the ocean without allowing any outside verification whatsoever and call it Bin Laden. COUNTER TERRORISTS WIN

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Joementum posted:

e: wrong thread

You ruined it.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

uncurable mlady posted:

Would you prefer President Cruz???

This is not 1988, the economy is trash on the precipice of another recession with zero recovery for main street from the last one, Hillary isn't going to get a 3rd Obama term like Bush did from Reagan.

She's loving losing to Rubio and Cruz in REGISTERED voter polls almost A YEAR before the actual general election.

The Democrat should be winning general match-up polls either of registered voters OR this far out, much less both.

President Cruz, President Trump. Pick one.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I think we're ignoring the big picture.

Lindsey Graham. Nikki Haley. Megyn Kelly. Clarence Thomas.

Do firsty-firsties wield too much power in our political discourse???

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Fire sale.

https://twitter.com/JebBush/status/701095697269927936

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

wonder how much they overbought for merch. Most of it has to be unsold. Wonder if they'll do the superbowl thing like when they send the losing team's superbowl merch to africa.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

They haven't slashed a single goddamn price. For fifteen bucks an official Jeb! shirt would be pretty nifty

edit the rally signs (I thought campaigns gave those out for free at events???) have been marked down from $12 to $10, jesus christ

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Look at this man judging the faith of another.

Also, Trump's staff has openly opposed the Apple boycott.

https://twitter.com/AntDeRosa/status/701095137301164034

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

:lol: that weird-rear end shirt is still for sale

https://jeb2016.com/shop/clothing/my-dad-shirt/?lang=en

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

sullat posted:

George Washington was a self made man; he earned his fortune the honest way. By dumping his girlfriend and marrying the wealtheist widow in Virginia.

Well I know who McCain and Kerry picked as their favorite founding father.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

Well I know who McCain and Kerry picked as their favorite founding father.

lol

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Is the guaca bowle some weird Republican in-joke I don't get?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

fsif posted:

Is the guaca bowle some weird Republican in-joke I don't get?

Jeb put a cheap piece of poo poo guac bowl up for sale on his site for $75 and /pol/ made fun of him for it deservedly

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

at this point who knows

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

i can't even wear this shirt as a political in-joke because it would get me into fights as soon as i walked outside

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

What the gently caress. I need to have this when it ends up at Goodwill in a month

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

So weird that Jeb is fixated on defending his Dad, when most people really think he was an ok President. You don't really hear a lot of criticism of him, although I'm not sure how much power he had in the Reagan administration.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dapper_Swindler posted:

doesnt the preparation of the body for burial take longer then the funerals. isnt basically a prayer and some speeches. also maybe wailing if the person is really liked/loved.

ocean burial is a big no no unless you absolutely have to

anyways

you die thursday, friday ur buried son, loving got 24 hours to bury you.

there will be no exceptions ever, even King Hussein of Jordan made Bill Clinton get his rear end out of bed and fly to Jordan within a days notice

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Aliquid posted:

Jeb put a cheap piece of poo poo guac bowl up for sale on his site for $75 and /pol/ made fun of him for it deservedly

Yeah you could buy five of them for like $10 so it was clearly a bullshit mark-up and the terrible pun combined with Trump-fans dislike of Mexicans led to it being a focal point of mockery of his lovely merchandise.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

AllanGordon posted:

wonder how much they overbought for merch. Most of it has to be unsold. Wonder if they'll do the superbowl thing like when they send the losing team's superbowl merch to africa.

Now picturing Khoisan tribesmen making plastic guac bowls the driver of societal innovation like in The Gods Must Be Crazy

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
https://twitter.com/timothypmurphy/status/701099258326474752

dog game on point in this pic

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
It's kind of incredible how lovely and grasping the Jeb! store is. Perfectly sums up his republican ideals, though

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/mviser/status/701062237977505792

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
You know what's interesting about Scalia's funeral? Absolutely loving nothing. C'mon CNN, let the political circus go on, I'm gettin' bored over here!

EDIT: Rather interesting that, for an organization that's been consistently against LGBT rights, the Catholic church sure has a loving shitload of men in dresses...

PT6A fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Feb 20, 2016

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
Trump cannons... activating.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/701089616825159680

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Okay, so we live in a cartoon. It's fair to say that now, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah you could buy five of them for like $10 so it was clearly a bullshit mark-up and the terrible pun combined with Trump-fans dislike of Mexicans led to it being a focal point of mockery of his lovely merchandise.

Jeb! even got lectured by Tyrone, "Foolish guac bowl merchant!"

• Locked thread