Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Let's all shed a tear for Vile who can't be with us today due to injuries he suffered while shitposting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Breaking 4th wall - I honestly did actually vote for Donald J. Trump.

I though long and hard about it the last 2 nights, evaluated ALL the others (except for Carson, only spent about 5 seconds there since it's a scam campaign).

When you cut through the media hype, ignore Trump's persona, and just look at the facts, he actually is the superior candidate.

Age, life experience, executive experience, mix of positions where he's conservative and positions where he's moderate or even liberal, etc., etc., etc.

The only close comparison or possible defeat is "electability" vs. Rubio but I don't put much stock in general election polls 9 months out of registered voters nationwide, and at least as much stock in Trump's potential to alter the electoral map, which is about due for some kind of shake-up, and bring states like Michigan into the realm of possibility.

Honestly it's kind of bizarre coming to the conclusion that the showman and performer is underneath it all the best candidate.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Boosted_C5 posted:

Indeed our polling place had a sign stating this, which I halfway expected.

Mrs. Boosted was quite relieved that Trump Hat went back in the car before we encountered other life-forms.

Lmao your grand plan of hiding your love for the orange TV man until the last possible moment, thwarted.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

The Saurus posted:

Are you telling me Boosted_C5 wasn't allowed to wear his MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN hat into the polling booth?

I will loving riot if that is the case.

e: boosted please confirm

No guns/no hats is to stop the Actual Murders that the SPLC has condoned against Trump voters

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Harold Stassen posted:

No guns/no hats is to stop the Actual Murders that the SPLC has condoned against Trump voters

Hillary Clinton is the only actual murderer. Lets hope Trump brings up the Clinton family body count.

TRUMP
*CLICK*

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Why doesn't this thread have a poll? I was looking forward to voting for Willie Wilson.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/apostle_drglen/status/701069978435510273

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

GLEN ROBINSON
@apostle_drglen
4th Vice Chairman of Greenville Co. GOP, Chief Apostle, Prophet, Doctor of Christian Education, Author. Presiding Prelate of The Apostles' Tent International.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Boosted_C5 posted:

When you cut through the media hype, ignore Trump's persona, and just look at the facts, he actually is the superior candidate.

Without the media hype and Trump's persona, he is nothing. What "facts" are you talking about? The man hasn't given any details about anything he wants to do, and the few positions he's laid out are horrible.

Boosted, quite honestly, you're a Democrat, and Hillary Clinton probably aligns with 99% of your views if you could get over your visceral hate for identifying as a D and your pathological fear that they will somehow "take your guns away."

Trump will not win in a general election. America is not that retarded yet.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/mviser/status/700885545812103168

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/AChalgren/status/701019508274761728

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Kasich wants to be 2016's Romney so bad

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

I like the one where he is the fish

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

real scenic town! hes lucky

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

quote:

Semantic satiation (also semantic saturation) is a psychological phenomenon in which repetition causes a word or phrase to temporarily lose meaning for the listener, who then perceives the speech as repeated meaningless sounds.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
If Trump isn't having his watch party in a luxurious penthouse suite on the Strip with three hot tubs and hookers, I will be very disappointed.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Boosted_C5 posted:

Breaking 4th wall - I honestly did actually vote for J. Donald "I promise I will never be in a bicycle race" Trump.

I though long and hard about it the last 2 nights, evaluated ALL the others (except for Carson, only spent about 5 seconds there since it's a scam campaign).

When you cut through the media hype, ignore Donald "I promise I will never be in a bicycle race" Trump's persona, and just look at the facts, he actually is the superior candidate.

Age, life experience, executive experience, mix of positions where he's conservative and positions where he's moderate or even liberal, etc., etc., etc.

The only close comparison or possible defeat is "electability" vs. Rubio but I don't put much stock in general election polls 9 months out of registered voters nationwide, and at least as much stock in Donald "I promise I will never be in a bicycle race" Trump's potential to alter the electoral map, which is about due for some kind of shake-up, and bring states like Michigan into the realm of possibility.

Honestly it's kind of bizarre coming to the conclusion that the showman and performer is underneath it all the best candidate.

I'm genuinely asking and not trying to be a dick, but exactly what positions do you think he's best in, and more importantly why do you think he'll even stay with what he's saying when every other day he's saying a new thing depending who he's talking to? Like, he's simultaneously against war and pro 'bomb ISIS and take their oil and kill them all', he's against defunding PP but he's also anti abortion, he's gonna make workers have a better life but gently caress unions...

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
God major news networks, we get it Scalia is dead get over it already.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Boosted_C5 posted:

Breaking 4th wall - I honestly did actually vote for Donald J. Trump.

The only close comparison or possible defeat is "electability" vs. Rubio but I don't put much stock in general election polls 9 months out of registered voters nationwide, and at least as much stock in Trump's potential to alter the electoral map, which is about due for some kind of shake-up, and bring states like Michigan into the realm of possibility.

Saving this for a future history book about the 4th reich.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/701104301515612160

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/nielslesniewski/status/701105129815195649

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

cruz strikes again

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

VR Native American posted:

God major news networks, we get it Scalia is dead get over it already.

Gotta make sure.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Logikv9 posted:

If Trump isn't having his watch party in a luxurious penthouse suite on the Strip with three hot tubs and hookers, I will be very disappointed.

Like the Trump Hotel Las Vegas?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Harold Stassen posted:

Gotta make sure.

I hope someone staked him

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Bretzman
Jun 3, 2013

He's the most sane republican. The only one that I can see both beating Clinton, and not burn the country down in the process. It's a shame that this has to be the most important criteria.

Prorat posted:

No, that's masturbation material.

I got no problem with that. Just find it hard to have that as First Lady. Honestly, his wife is only one of the many reasons not to vote Trump. Especially since his good ideas (registration, border control) are already part of the main party platform.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

South Carolina is cool.
https://twitter.com/teddyschleifer/status/701102510338138112
https://twitter.com/Timodc/status/701105629532975104

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx

The Saurus posted:

Let's all shed a tear for Vile who can't be with us today due to injuries he suffered while shitposting.

He will be remembered as a martyr for the truth. As will all those who just want to make America great again.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Let us all just bow our heads for a moment and thank providence for being alive at this time in history.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Why are Nevada's counties so weird?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

these voting days would be way cooler if there was something to actually watch

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

shiksa posted:

Its true that scalia didn't get the funeral he deserved but leaving him exposed in the Nevada desert for vultures to devour has bad optics

It's about time we had a Zoroastrian supreme court justice

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Reason posted:

Why are Nevada's counties so weird?

Clark County is the only one anyone gives a poo poo about anyway

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

The Saurus posted:

Clark County is the only one anyone gives a poo poo about anyway

All Counties Matter

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

No First Amendment nor Second Ammendment allowed!

The Saurus posted:

Willie Wilson may have just swung my vote from write-in Bruce Rappaport.

who is he?
The Democrats' answer to Herman Cain

Logikv9 posted:

On the topic of Facebook, I found my first "Bernie, but if he loses then Trump" person on my Facebook.

He's a 9/11 truther and he thinks Trump will start an investigation into 9/11.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Abel Wingnut posted:

these voting days would be way cooler if there was something to actually watch

A bit of googling gave me this for live caucus coverage. I mean, the Democratic caucus hasn't started yet but they're talking about things; I'm gonna leave it up and see if it starts covering the caucus itself when the time rolls around: http://www.cbsnews.com/live/?ftag=CNMdaef904

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Trump's got this.

• Locked thread