Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

:lol: at Rubio at first, stop following dumbfuck media narratives.

i don't think it will happen but it is plausible and at under 10 cents a share it could be a massive profit. Pretty much every poll has shown movement towards Rubio and strategic voting is hardly unlikely. I was in on Rubio 1st earlier but sold for a profit but I might go back in if I see another data point

edit: I think Rubio no on 3rd is a good buy at under 55, given 2nd is more likely, 1st is plausible, and maybe the polls are all garbage and bush or kasich are there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

:lol: at Rubio at first, stop following dumbfuck media narratives.

they also laughed at columbus when he wanted to discover america

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Arkane posted:

In on Trump No 1st as a hedge, safer than any other hedge I can think of...Arkane speaks the truth. It was the same price as Trump 2nd Yes which seemed...less safe if Cruz overperforms and it's all within a couple points. Really though I just wanted to empty quote it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Arkane posted:

They were right to laugh; Columbus was a complete dumbass who deserved to die at sea, ten thousand miles short of the Indies.

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Platystemon posted:

They were right to laugh; Columbus was a complete dumbass who deserved to die at sea, ten thousand miles short of the Indies.

But instead he...became rich?

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

UnoriginalMind posted:

I've got almost all of my money on Trump 1st. However, I bought in some time ago, so I can still sell at a profit if need be. Can anyone recommend a safer strategy? For reference, I've got 474 dollars in Trump at 550 shares.

What's your cost basis? If you're at 100% profit, say, you could sell half of your holdings and live on pure profit, sell the rest at any point from there and still make money.

Or you could sell more than your break even point if you want to lock in more profits, or sell less if you want to take a bigger risk. Right now you're holding onto the biggest risk possible.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I'm still all-in on Trump stumping. No one reads newspapers anymore.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I've got 700 on Trump 1st, 200 on Cruz 2nd, and 300 on Rubio 3rd. Really tempted to sell some of these so I can buy some Trump shares at 89c jeez, he's not going to underperform that much.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Balanced out a little between Cruz and Rubio 2nd, but still leaning Rubio.

Haven't placed a bet on Nevada for the Dems. I have zero feel on what is going to happen, and the polls should not be trusted or relied upon.

Good luck today bros.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
I'm doing it the easy way and just anti-Bushing the max every time the option is available. So far I'm up to ~45K USD or so

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I can only assume that buyer is hedging

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 57 minutes!
Actually I'm not, when you can get him at 1c a share $450 worth of Bush.1st.YES becomes a pretty good deal, Jebmentum is real and it cannot be stopped

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

I miss Rand Paul being in the race and the Rantards throwing hundreds of dollars to make his prices spike.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Went all in on Sanders NV.CAUCUS No, because it was cheaper. It worked for Iowa, and it'll work here :ohdear:

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Flavahbeast posted:

Actually I'm not, when you can get him at 1c a share $450 worth of Bush.1st.YES becomes a pretty good deal, Jebmentum is real and it cannot be stopped

The guy is buying $1500 worth at 3c/share after having picked up about as much already, so he's just getting out of a massive short. Or he's going with the clever plan to spend $3000 to prop up Jeb's odds on the Euro prediction markets to keep his spirits up, whichever.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
So what should I roll my Trump SC winnings into? I'm thinking the next best buy is going to be Hillary winning Nevada, seems like a good price at 66c a share.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
YouGov resampled people from its poll a week ago, which had...

Donald Trump: 42%
Ted Cruz: 20%
Marco Rubio: 15%
John Kasich: 9%
Jeb Bush: 6%
Other: 7%
No preference: 1%

New result from yesterday:

Donald Trump: 36%
Ted Cruz: 23%
Marco Rubio: 21%
John Kasich: 8%
Jeb Bush: 4%
Other: 7%
No preference: 0%

Hard to read too much into a small sample, but this would back up the theory that Haley endorsement has pushed Kasich/Jeb voters towards Rubio, and some of Trump is defecting to Cruz/Rubio.

https://today.yougov.com/news/2016/02/20/re-interviews-reveal-late-movement-away-trump-sc/

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
Nevada polls can easily be 20 points off in either direction and all the soft factors point to Bernmentum fwiw. Hillary has the better ground game, but Bernie massively outspent her. I've slowly picked up a decent Bernie position at good odds but looking at it as safe is wrong.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

AHH FUGH posted:

So what should I roll my Trump SC winnings into? I'm thinking the next best buy is going to be Hillary winning Nevada, seems like a good price at 66c a share.

Unless you already cashed out, you won't be able to roll your SC winnings into Dem Nevada. Also Nevada sucks for polling. In 08 or 12 Romey was up 6 in the polls and just crushed the gently caress out of it by almost 40 points. Hillary could be way up or the state could be in the process of Berning to the ground.

Edit: There is a safe Nevada bet though. If you were able to pick up O'Malley NO before he dropped out.

Gyges has issued a correction as of 19:24 on Feb 20, 2016

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Adar posted:

Nevada polls can easily be 20 points off in either direction and all the soft factors point to Bernmentum fwiw. Hillary has the better ground game, but Bernie massively outspent her. I've slowly picked up a decent Bernie position at good odds but looking at it as safe is wrong.

I put in a very small Hillary position. It's not worth gambling a lot on, but I think ultimately fundamentals of the state still favor Hillary over Bernie. It's not going to be a 25 point win, though.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
On MediaPredict, the Nevada Caucus market closed at 10:50 a.m. with "Hillary Wins" at 85.8%

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

fishmech posted:

On MediaPredict, the Nevada Caucus market closed at 10:50 a.m. with "Hillary Wins" at 85.8%

Lol.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

AHH FUGH posted:

Trump winning Mass fell by 15 cents in the last couple days over the Pope comments. I live in Boston and I don't think it's going to make any difference. Yeah, there are a lot of Catholics here but unlike the south, practically no one votes based on what the church says and anyone here who liked this crypto facist loud mouth reality star in this heavily democratic state isn't going to be shaken by this. The idea that anyone would be OK with his comments on Megyn Kelly, John McCain, Muslims, Mexicans, but say that THIS TIME he went too far is absurd.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Trump winning Mass fell by 15 cents in the last couple days over the Pope comments. I live in Boston and I don't think it's going to make any difference. Yeah, there are a lot of Catholics here but unlike the south, practically no one votes based on what the church says and anyone here who liked this crypto facist loud mouth reality star in this heavily democratic state isn't going to be shaken by this. The idea that anyone would be OK with his comments on Megyn Kelly, John McCain, Muslims, Mexicans, but say that THIS TIME he went too far is absurd.

This is what Boston Trump supporters look like:

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
What about the GOP Nevada race? Seems pretty safe and a decent margin at Trump 80c as well

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

I've got 200 shares of Hillary NO in NV. Am I the only person who prefers to gambooool in the hopes of a greater than 1:1 payout? It seems like everyone is trying to treat this site like a safe investment opportunity. Am I doing it wrong? :ohdear:

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
I think the site can be a very entertaining source of gambling! I've got 50 shares of Bernie YES in NV as my fun money today.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

A Time To Chill posted:

I've got 200 shares of Hillary NO in NV. Am I the only person who prefers to gambooool in the hopes of a greater than 1:1 payout? It seems like everyone is trying to treat this site like a safe investment opportunity. Am I doing it wrong? :ohdear:

Well no one betting on Nevada or South Carolina is getting a "safe investment opportunity" for what it's worth.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 57 minutes!
tell that to my 729 Omalley.NO shares

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Well no one betting on Nevada or South Carolina is getting a "safe investment opportunity" for what it's worth.

That's what I thought. But 60+ cents for a not sure thing seems like a lot so idk why more people wouldn't take the other side with higher payout.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Looking forward to some entrance polling overreactions in a few mins

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Looks like a roughly 2 point Hillary lead based on entrance polls. No position, could be a betting oppty for Sanders if there is an overreaction.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
yeah I'm not seeing much movement so far. I feel like this is gonna be really close.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
Servers are holding up so far. Fingers crossed.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Decent YOLO bet...Rubio is 4/5 cents to win SC.

Seems like it should be 7/8.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
New entrance poll updates has Bernie WAY ahead.

Still, exert caution.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Scratch that, looks like about a 2 point Bernie lead. It was just that wave that was VERY pro-Bernie.

Anyway, I went ahead and opened a position.

LEGGO BERNIE

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Arkane posted:

Scratch that, looks like about a 2 point Bernie lead. It was just that wave that was VERY pro-Bernie.

Anyway, I went ahead and opened a position.

LEGGO BERNIE

Awww yeah :bernin:

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Fuschia tude posted:

What's your cost basis? If you're at 100% profit, say, you could sell half of your holdings and live on pure profit, sell the rest at any point from there and still make money.

Or you could sell more than your break even point if you want to lock in more profits, or sell less if you want to take a bigger risk. Right now you're holding onto the biggest risk possible.

Started at 600. Not doing too well so far, (Fiorina dropout, bought some Kasich Yes Dropout shared in hopes the price would go up, but it didn't) but a lot of that was making amateur mistakes to be honest. I'm mostly looking to break even. I moved my money to Bush not getting third, which seems like a pretty safe bet considering the Rubio endorsement bump and Cruz's relatively stable position as either second or third.

Yep, just going to stake my money on ol' Jeb Bush, the guy in the romantic comedy whose fiance leaves him at the altar for someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

RIP Bernie

• Locked thread